[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game good?? Never played any of the DA series but I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (208 KB, 339x480) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
208 KB, 339x480
Is this game good?? Never played any of the DA series but I heard the first one is fondly remembered. I'm looking for an RPG on PC to play a lot, and I'm not sure if I should play this, Pillars of Eternity, or Age of Decadence.

So is DA:O decent?
>>
Played it for a few hours after borrowing it from a friend recently, it's kind of a drag and I don't like the combat, it's party based and for me it kind of takes away the whole heroic aspect I wanted to have. However, if you can get into the gameplay, it is definitely a good game.
>>
It is, just make you a favor and finish that one and the expansion (awakening) and forget about the franchise, keep the good time with origins and think that the other ones never existed.
>>
It is mediocre at best
>>
>>320790301
It's good. Much better than 2 and Inquisition.

A cliche story, but the characters are very well written. One of Bioware's last good games.
>>
>>320790383
I think you're just not used to party based RPGs m8, thats precisely what I want. I'm not expecting another BG2 but I want something vaguely similar where my party members bantz at each other.
>>
It's decent.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fdragonage%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D816%26preview%3D&pUp=1

thank me later
>>
>>320790301
generic. Doesn't do anything too terribly
>>
I think it's pretty good felt to me like one of the last "real" RPGs before they all started to feel more action oriented. If you like the main game you should definitely play Awakening (the expansion) afterwards as it's at least as good if not better. If you're looking for a more specific response like what was good and what was bad or what to expect I'd be glad to give you more to go on than I liked it.
>>
>>320790301
It's a generic and boring rpg. Seriously if you have nothing better to play, it's okay for a playthrough. But it honestly doesn't do anything worth mentioning , very well.
>>
>>320790513
Yeah it is very comically relieving with the party members always chatting, much like Mass Effect, although the issue I had was just that I guess I'm complete shit at it, I can never seem to win out in those long battles even if I micro everything individually.
>>
>>320790617

Heartily agreed. Some will tell you to play through the fade at least once. I can't fucking thing of one thing you'll lose, experience or otherwise, from skipping it.
>>
Better than Pillars of Eternity, at least in my opinion.

It's pretty tropey, but it's one of the last Bioware games I've played where you can actually feel the love that the writer had for the world and its characters.
>>
>>320790301
Pretty good. It's no Baldur's Gate but it ain't bad.
>>
It does everything decent, but excels only in a few areas. If you like fantasy RPGs, you'll like DAO. It's the last dark-fantasy/dark-RPG Bioware made.
>>
>>320790301
It's decent enough anon, it's okay. Give it a play. But PoE is much better.
>>
Very good and the only good one. It's pretty well in story and has fantastic companions. If you want to feel more in touch with the story I would choose a Mage as your class. If swords are your thing you can eventually become one through a spec unlock. I use a mod off nexus for dual wielding with it though to have skills. The combat is really slow but it's like that so you can setup then kill things all at once like freezing enemies and having your rogues crit-hit them to shatter them.
>>
>>320790301
It's good. Play on the hardest difficulty if you want actually having to CC and use consumables.
>>
>>320790617
No, fuck you.
Do not use this, OP, it skips a large part of the game with puzzles and stuff. It's definitely not meant for a first playthrough.
>>
>>320790301
It's okay. I got bored and wasn't able to finish it.

It's probably the best of those three games.

You might want to pick a game that doesn't suck.
>>
I got an RPG question myself.
I keep hearing a lot about VMTB and how great it is, but nothing about Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. How is that game?

>>320791197
It is an annoying part though, but I agree. It has some cool character interactions that I think shouldn't be missed.
>>
>>320791305
It's... worth one playthrough if you really like vampires and shit. Not a great game, but not a catastrophe either.
>>
>>320791305
There's a reason no one talks about it.
>>
>>320790301
It's good. I would have loved more party bonding though. You're all together and watching each others backs for a year during a really shitty event while fighting tons of crazy shit after all.
>>
>>320791227
Whats a Crpg that doesn't suck? That isn't old either, revival period?
>>
I went back and played it after having last played it a few years ago and it was a fucking slog, and not just the fade but the whole game
>>
it's somewhere in between BG1 and BG2, minus the D&D combat and stat system

it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before, but it does it very well; honestly it's one of the best RPGs I have played (not top 10 or anything but up there somewhere) and Bioware's last good game
>>
>>320790617
You don't use this until you've been through it once.
>>
>>320791449
>>320791482
>get to main menu
>turn all graphics options on highest
>menu starts to run at silky smooth 10 fps

This can be fixed right? VMTB isn't as bad as this right?
>>
Reminder that Awakening is better than Origins.

Arcane Warrior, Blood Mage, Battlemage
>>
>>320792035
Awakening was pretty shite t b h

In comparison to the original game, it was very linear and had boring one dimensional companions
>>
Without trying to spoiler anything major if you want to keep your character and use them in the dlc you might want to consider fucking a bitch
>>
DA:O was good enough to warrant a short comic series from /v/
>>
>>320790301
I've hundreds of hours in it with multiple play throughs. It's alright.
>>
>>320790301
Sokay
>>
Dragon Age game was decent game that was a good foundation for sequels to build off of.

Then they made some terrible bullshit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.