[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the longest game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: fuckingeatingsemen.jpg (26 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
fuckingeatingsemen.jpg
26 KB, 350x200
What is the longest game?
>>
my dick
>>
That isn't just repeated content? Xenoblade X.
>>
life
>>
Released this year, probably Monster Hunter 4U or Disgaea 5 or the new Xenoblade.
>>
>Paid to play vidya
>Complain they're too long
Fucking nonsense, I play nothing but RPGs nowadays. 40-60 hours is the average, just sucks I have two jobs and only one I can play a decent amount of vidya at. I get through one every 5-6 weeks about.
>>
>>320777174
Deep.
>>
A good RPG? Any competitive game?

Or are we just going by 'unique content'.

Is that still MGS4 due to 50 hours of cutscenes?
>>
Fucking hate those thumbail wacky faces. With very few exceptions I make a rule to not subscribe to faggots who do that.
>>
We are talking about solo with a straight sory ?
I think Persona 3 + FES can compete.
It took me 120h to finish it without FES
>>
File: Hans.jpg (102 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
Hans.jpg
102 KB, 330x330
>>320777357
>>
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>320777169
lol
>>
>>320777016
A good game is never too long

A bad game is a hellish experience that you shouldn't spend time on
>>
Desert Bus
>>
>>320777016
>Is this video clickbait?
>>
Longest average time to beat the story content is a title that belongs to Dragon Quest 7.
>>
>>320777169
>That isn't just repeated content
>Xenoblade X
oh i am laffing
>>
World of Warcraft, if you can count that.

All the Animal Crossing games are pretty fucking long too, if you consider "completion" to be getting all the house upgrades.
>>
>>320777016
i read that the original animal crossing is over 90 years long in game duration
>>
I just hate games with lots of pointless padding. Fuck Tales fo the Abyss, almost 80 hours spent and about 20-30 of that was spent on pointless backtracking and unstoppable skits.

Before anyone says shit, I played Dragon Quest 8 right before that and I played both this summer. 85 hours well spent.
>>
>>320777670
Over half of that length is pressing x through cutscenes so it doesn't count
>>
File: 1447393258348.jpg (263 KB, 496x841) Image search: [Google]
1447393258348.jpg
263 KB, 496x841
If you're talking about a single player game with set quests/objectives, then Dragon Quest VII is the answer.

Can't really put a time on stuff like fighters, 4x, MMOs, etc. Or even Skyrim, since you can aimlessly explore all day. But the main story quests and dialogue is only 2 hours long.
>>
>>320779261

>Before anyone says shit, I played Dragon Quest 8 right before that
Well that's your problem. That's like playing Chrono Trigger before you try a Star Ocean game. Of course you'll be disappointed by the latter.
>>
I thought ni no kuni dragged on and never finished it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.