[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b/ros I need your help I want to get into pc gaming but don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: multi-monitor-gaming-setup-5.jpg (179 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
multi-monitor-gaming-setup-5.jpg
179 KB, 600x391
/b/ros I need your help

I want to get into pc gaming but don't know what to buy and where to start. How much is it gonna cost for the best pc with the best graphics? What brand to look at? A friend told me its better to build one and it's gonna cost around 2k. Fuk outta here senpai I rather just get a ps4.
>>
You can build a PC for around the same cost as a PS4 that will perform slightly better. You can spend $2000 if you want to but there's absolutely no need to, that's the beauty of PC gaming.
>>
>two thousand dollar myth.txt

at least you tried kid
>>
For a bare essential high end rig you're looking at 1200-1600.
Bells and whistles are going towards 2000
Glorified toasters are the price of PS4's

Remember when people are talking about price most of the time they aren't factoring in monitors/keyboards/mice
>>
>>320776209
2k is using top of the line parts. You can make a great PC for 600 or less that will play games much better than PS4 will.
>>
>>320776209
>How much is it gonna cost for the best pc with the best graphics?
Technically upwards of $20K.

Usually I ask people 3 questions.
>What do you want it to do?
>What's your budget?
>If you've done your own research (typical on pre-built systems) what were you looking at?
>>
>>320776651
>>320776378
Okay so you guys saying its better to build? What parts and brand or best? Links to good parts and beat graphics cards
>>
>>320777015
>you guys saying its better to build
Absolutely, if you buy prebuilt you're going to get overcharged for labor.
http://www.toptengamer.com/top-400-gaming-computer/
>>
Does anyone know where i can get a desk like that in the OP
>>
>>320776881
Want it for RTS games I play and budget of £600-800
>>
>>320776209
If by "best" you mean overkill, then be prepared to spend 4-7k not counting peripherals

Built myself a PC this febuary, i5 4690k and a 970 for about $900 would have cost alot less had i bought cheaper RAM, case PSU I suppose. Will beat anything PS4 and the XO can shit out for it's generations lifespan.
Of course I also bought a 27 inch 144hz monitor KB+M and webcam so it came out too well over 1k

you can pretty much put together the same build i have for about 600$ if you shop around
>>
>>320777193
one good thing about pre-built its that it taught me a thing or two about PC's. reapplying thermal paste and changing to a better CPU, and also getting a better GPU once i learned how shit my card really was.

when the time came to build my first real PC i wasnt so intimidated anymore
>>
>>320777683
I recommend this.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/6ks2vK

The RTS really plays into this as most are pretty old (The joys of a dead genre) which means we're not having to drop ridiculous sums of money on this.

Other things worth mentioning.
1) This doesn't come with the OS, KB+M or Monitor.
2) This is not an overclocking processor. Why not? Because if you knew how to over-clock you wouldn't have needed /v/'s advice in the first place. Plus it shave around $50-70 off the price.

As for what you can do with this. You'd be able to play damn near every RTS at max settings (Save the recent installments to the Total War franchise which you could play at around medium) and most other modern titles at med-high settings.
>>
same boat as op. i want to play vidya but my 1.2k laptop broke completelt and i dont want to settle for a 600$ piece of shit

anybody who calls pshits poorfags is a fucking moron

console peasantry here i come

at least wii u has good games
>>
logicalincrements.com

sponsored by /g/
>>
>>320780304
You know you can always upgrade, retard. My current PC is worth at least twice of what it was worth when I first built it.
>>
File: BY THE EMPEROR.jpg (327 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
BY THE EMPEROR.jpg
327 KB, 700x1690
>>320776209
>/b/
come on man
>>
>>320781457
spending money on upgrades will make it worth more doesn't it
>>
>>320776209

You should start by buying a PC
>>
>>320781457

i guess

but then id be wasting money on buying parts twice

with ps4 / wii u you spend like 300$ and are good to go
>>
>>320776209
this is my rig, in total it cost about €1630 euros, it can run anything I want at Maximum Graphics at 1080p. My friend built a rig w/ a AMD Quad Core and a GTX 750 Ti for 187 euros because he bought the parts used off a mutual friend of ours.

Another friend built an 510 euro rig last year that beats the PS4 and Xbox One (AMD Athlon X4 or some shit and 750 Ti, I remember not clipping the CPU heat sink in properly since I'm the guy that built the computers for my friends since they all suck shit except one guy who just wanted me to build his PC so I have an excuse to chill with him since he lives across town)
>>
>tfw need to upgrade graphics card and power supply
>tfw not looking forward to disassembling everything after getting perfect cable management
>>
>>320783536
>tfw cable management sucks cocks
>mfw after i built my computer i built friends computers and i learned how to properly cable manage
>too lazy to go back and redo it
fuck life.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.