[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Prestonisalazynigger.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Prestonisalazynigger.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>get minutemen quest to kill ghouls
>on my way to kill ghouls and another quest pops up about kidnappings
>kill ghouls and turn it into preston, where he tells me about more ghouls. still have the kidnapping
>go to kidnapping and another quest pops up about super mutants
>save person that's kidnapped, go to turn in quest and go to ghouls
>SAME PERSON FROM THE SAME SETTLEMENT AS LAST TIME IS KIDNAPPED AGAIN. IT HADNT EVEN BEEN 3 IN GAME HOURS
>kill super mutants and turn its into preston. He gives me another quest, and then another about defending sanctuary pops up
>I now have 5 defend quests
>two fail while im completing the other three, and during that I get 4 more
>quit game
>go to nexus
>download mod to stop the quests

seriously. I have 10+ settlements, and the lowest population I have out of them is 5, and the lowest defense is fucking 60
i have 350 at the castleand somehow the general has to do ALL THE FUCKING WORK. YOU FAGGOTS HAVE AT LEAST A HUNDRED PEOPLE IN THE MINUTMENMAKE THEM DO WORK

>TL;DR preston is a lazy nigger and makes the white man do all the work
>>
The minutemen seems so unfinished. I have to wonder if they planned more for it, but time constraints caused them to reduce them to nothing but Radiant Quests.
>>
>>320766529

No they're just incompetent and lazy. They had at least 5 years.
>>
>>320766529
A lot of the game seems unfinished. i couldn't even play it at first because i got the terminal bug where you couldn't move. Maybe 7 fucking years wasn't enough time to polish the game
>>
Why people even side with the Minutemen? There are 3 other more interesting factions out there and you're wasting time with these fucks. Minutemen really only exists if you fuck up and annoy the 3 other factions. It's just a very, very shitty version of Yes Man.
>>
>>320766728
Console version?
>>
>>320766875
no im not sure if it affects consoles. Only people with 144hz monitors like me. I had to use the console to float through the door when you leave the vault because when i tried to use the overseers terminal i couldn't fucking move. it also took them weeks to patch it. 10/10
>>
>>320766149
that mod work out for you?
>>
>>320767075
yes, thank god. just google minutemen quest mod and it should be the first thing that pops up. it was a good investment so now i dont have to babysit my laser musket wielding army who don't know how to walk to a location and help
>>
>>320766149
>Not knowing that you can move around in dialog
>Not turning and sprinting the other direction the moment you hand in your quests to Preston so he doesn't give you any more.
It's a life saver.
>>
Op here. off topic note, power armor plus level 3 pain train perk is literally the best thing in this game
>>
>>320767029
Actually it's a general problem with frame rates above 60, just like increased game speed because Bethesda once again went full 1996 and ties game physics to frame rate
>>
File: 32463.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
32463.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>320767313
>working on my weapons/armor
>I recieved word of another settlement that needs our help
>>
>>320770458
I stuck preston on the artillery.
Dedicated bastard won't leave his post ever.
>>
>>320770458
>Send Preston to a settlement you never visit.
>Setup all your workshop equipment in a settlement with only one settler (the one who acts as the caravan to the rest so you share resources)
It's pretty simple.
>>
>>320772547
I had done that with Strong already, he just couldn't shut the fuck up. I guess I'll do it with Preston too.
>>
>>320773175
I sent Strong far away after he got annoyed every time I moved my power armor collection to make way for a new one.
>>
>>320767029
It happens on/under 60fps too. I was using an 1080p monitor and it happened every now and then.
>>
I thought making a city bigger than diamond city would change the ending. God was I wrong, all that time wasted.

Goodbye to this hilariously bad Fallout, I waited 7 years for this shit.
>>
Is there a mod to kill unkillable NPCs? I want to kill Preston and some prick kid at one of my settlements.
>>
File: 2015-12-19_00002.jpg (117 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19_00002.jpg
117 KB, 1600x900
>>320775289
Forgot to add my city..
>>
>>320775289
You can build up all 30 settlements to that size. You can control almost all the food production and water purification in the wasteland. You can have like 50 traders that report directly to you. You can increase the average quality of life in the commonwealth 10x. By the time you're done the vast majority of sane humans in the commonwealth will be your citizens- and absolutely no one will say anything to you or give a shit about it at all. I wasted hours of my life building all those settlements and it didn't change the wasteland at all in any way.
>>
>>320775548
Holy fucking shit this!
Nothing you do in this game has consequences, but then again consequences implies that their is choice within the game..
>>
>>320775453
Did you build all that with the shit vanilla stuff? You poor thing.
>>
>>320766783
Because they're the only faction that doesn't end with two other factions dead unless you piss off the BoS
>>
>>320775682
I control all of the food, all of the water, all of the caps, all of the guns and ammo, and nearly all of the people. I have an absolute shitload of power armor. I should be able to declare myself king, run the other factions off, and bulldoze diamond city. If you put every living thing in the commonwealth in a room and pitted them against my character I would win easily- and none of that makes a difference at all. Even if I choose to leave everyone else alone my actions should have changed the wasteland forever. Maybe they will add more later, but for now there really isn't any way you can affect change.
>>
Minutemen were such a fucking mess

They should have just made some sort of equivalent to the Desert Rangers and make the faction a small but elite group who were masters of survival. Instead of straight up baby sitting every single farm on the map you could actually teach and train them how to fucking do shit for once. Then, instead of a bunch of nameless hick farmers you could actually have unique NPCs who you could micromanage with their own off-screen quests and shit.

So much more could have been done and there's no excuse considering how much time Bethesda had to make this pile of shit
>>
>>320775804
No I had a few mods helping me out. Most of it is vanilla though.
>>
>>320766783
>There are 3 other more interesting factions out there and you're wasting time with these fucks.

>one faction is sinister-hand-wringing cartoon supervillain levels of evil with no depth or subtlety
>one faction is babby's first SJW rodeo run by the most incompetent clowns in the wasteland
>the last faction is reading directly from the Rush Limbaugh handbook of dogmatic retardation

Yeah. "More interesting."
>>
>>320766783
The other factions were all shit too, though
>>
>>320777125
This matches my opinion closely. The minutemen are the only faction that isn't completely retarded and they seem unfinished and boring.
>>
>>320777125
Absolutely retarded = more interesting though.
>>
>>320777462
Interesting in the regard that you have to wonder how bad bethesda's team fucked this game up.
>>
>>320775453

The frame rate must be terrible there.
>>
>>320777125
Why do people call the Brotherhood nuts in Fallout 4? Maxson was hardcore but he got results and the cause always seemed righteous. Is it because he made you execute your husbando? Danse wanted it that way.
>>
>>320777861
I had to get a mod that fucks with the shadows because it was horrible. My rig isn't amazing but it shouldn't be in the 20's.

gtx 960 4gb

Cities have the same problem and I cannot fucking fix it.
>>
>>320778006
The Brotherhood have always been nuts
>>
>>320778203
Nuts to some degree, but they usually have enough well-adjusted members to keep them from going full techno-cult mode and I'd say that overall they're usually a positive influence on post-war society. Without their technology The Hub might never have been able to take off and California could have been overrun by The Master.

I'm still annoyed about their "help" at Mariposa though. Those three "crack paladins" they sent to help me wouldn't go inside the base so all they did was kill two supermutant sentries. The Followers of the Apocalypse might not have had power armor but they more than made up for that in spirit. Those crazy fuckers went right into the cathedral.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.