[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here sold their Xbox One for a PS4? I have an Xbox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg (35 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg
35 KB, 900x506
Has anyone here sold their Xbox One for a PS4? I have an Xbox and it just collects dust. I hate what 343 did to the Halo series. Originally bought for MCC and Halo 5. MCC was bad and H5 has bad reviews so I'm not even getting it. The only game I'd play would be Forza (love cars).

On the other hand I really want to play some PS4 exclusives like Uncharted and Last of Us. I also see the PS4 having better longevity with the ability to easily swap in an SSD and it having better specs. It also seems to have better indie game support.

>inb4 built a gaming rig

I already have one. I just prefer the comfyness of consoles and like to use consoles for more casual story games.
>>
>H5 has bad reviews

Reviews are mostly positive retard
>>
>>320763449
>4.5 hour story as interesting as a wet noodle
>rec packs

People say the multiplayer is at least better but I tried it at a friends house and it didnt do it for me.
>>
File: xboned.jpg (46 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
xboned.jpg
46 KB, 800x450
>>320763332
h5 has kick ass multiplayer shit story but w/e halo is about multiplayer anyways

forza horizon and 6 are both goty

gow collection is fun

mcc does work now so whatever

literally the only game i want to play on ps4 is bloodborne, and quite frankly i cant justify it for that because i already play multiplats on pc
>>
>>320763613
Reviews are still mostly positive regardless of what you think of it personally, retard.
>>
>>320763332
>with the ability to easily swap in an SSD

I still think it's bullshit that Sony doesn't allow the much simpler external HDD solution.
>>
>>320763332
>H5 has bad reviews
You're wrong

>built a gaming rig
PS4 over a PC? Seriously?

>swap in an SSD
Dude...

Sony loves retarded customers, go for it.
>>
>>320765170
Read literally one line down. He said he already has a PC. Are you stupid?
>>
>>320763332
Its give or take anon, yes you can swap the internal hdd for a ssd on the ps4, you wont gain much at all but the xbone has external hdd support which imo is alot nicer. Uncharted is seriously over rated but Last of Us was really good. Longevity wise id say they are both on par with eachother but its rly up to you what you like more. Have you played Sunset Overdrive? Great game and its cheap now im sure and also Forza 5-6 and Forza Horizon are great games and you wont find a good racer on PS4 untill maybe Gran Turismo Sport.
>>
>>320765286
Then is even worse! He already has a PC and the decides to buy an xboner, and then he wants a PS4. At the end of the day he will not be happy with any of those.
>>
>>320765735
Gran Turismo feels like an arcade game compared to Forza, if you love racing games then stick with the Xbox OP
>>
>>320763332
If you enjoy Japanese games and playing multiplats on a console, get the PS4. Otherwise stick with the Xbone.
>>
>>320763332
I have them both and they both colelct dust. litelyl no reason to touch them if you have a PC. I beat bloodborn like a year ago and had no reason to turn it on since
>>
>>320763332
What's the point of an Xbox One anyways. The PC can already play all their games.
>>
>>320767638
You should seriously consider getting Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's a great game.
>>
>>320767972
have it. pretty boring imo. also that's coming to PC and OP would have to be retarded to buy a PS4 for it
>>
>>320768082
True, but not for a while. I was just suggesting it in case you didn't have it. It's my personal GOTY.
>>
>>320763332

General consensus for Halo 5 seems to be that the story is bad, the campaign is fun, the multiplayer is great, but 343 suck at managing and didn't finish it in time.

I bought it, but it's up to you if you want to.
>>
Did they ever fix MCC's multiplayer or are we just expected to forget about it and move on to 5? I would actually really love to play it, bought it full price when it came out.
>>
this is the biggest Microsoft circle jerk I have ever seen

ps4 is better in every way op. go for it, and ignore these losers
>>
>>320763332
I sold my ps4 a while back after I built a gaming computer. While I miss playing it, i'm glad I got rid of it. I needed the money at the time
>>
>>320763332
>I just prefer the comfyness of consoles and like to use consoles for more casual story games.

In what a console is more comfy than a PC?
>>
>>320769148
Op is probably just too dumb to know you can use a controller/TV with a PC.
>>
File: WhyTheMad.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
WhyTheMad.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>320763332
Has anyone here sold their Xbox One for a PS4?

I couldn't even if I wanted to.
The Xbone came 1 year after the PS4 in half of Europe.
>>
>>320769148

is this a joke? consoles are leagues comfier than pc

this is such a widely agreed on thing too, what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>320769960
You're still not explained why it would be.
See>>320769608
>>
File: 2016.jpg (2 MB, 707x3000) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
2 MB, 707x3000
>>320763332
I'm a 360 to PS4 switcher

What made you buy a Xbone in the first place?

Did you not see Halo going to shit ever since 343i changed Reach's online?

Didn't Halo4 solidify that opinion for you?

You HAD to try out Halo5 just to see if it wasn't going to be shit?

Just get a PS4 already and be done with it. Especially when it's clear you don't have a PS3, it's a no brainer. Not only do you get PS4 exclusives but you also get a lot of PS3 and Vita ports/remasters/remakes. Not to mention you get to keep Xbone/PS4 games like Destiny, if you're into that.

Why would you not?
>>
Newsflash faggots, halo 5 it GOAT
>>
>>320763718
Iron Wolf, is that you?
>>
>>320764423
Sure, but there's not fucking reason to use external when you can back up your entire system on a USB HDD and swap out that puny 500GB HDD with a 60 buck 2TB HDD.
The whole process takes 2 minutes hardware wise.
If you're thinking about using externals for media they have supported that since March.
>>
>>320770146
GG is also PS4+PC
>>
>>320770795
Well the way I look at it is that you skip the whole backup process when you can use an external drive which can exceed the 2gb limit. You also retain the use of the original hard drive as well. There's seriously no downside to external.
>>
>gets original Xbox as a kid
>grows up on Halo and obscure Xbox exclusives
>loves it

>gets Xbox 360 as a teen
>gets through middle-high school on Halo and obscure games
>loves it

>is adult
>xbone releases
>sees it's shit, but holds out to see if Halo 5 keeps series alive
>is worst story in series and has no couch co-op
>Phantom Dust reboot is cancelled
>xbone is fucking huge

>......PS4 has Bloodborne and Nier....
>decides on PS4
>>
>>320773376
The original Xbox was a great console but I feel sorry that you never owned a PS2 or GC in the sixth gen, anon.
>>
>>320774076
Actually I DID own a PS2 also, but it was around the time the 360 launched. I loved it, but it didnt last long cause my dad dropped it once because he's a derp
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.