[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo's new CEO says NX is a departure from Wii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12
File: 1443455442524.jpg (75 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
1443455442524.jpg
75 KB, 545x576
>Nintendo's new CEO says NX is a departure from Wii U
>Also says people aren't using amibos how they intended

/v/ on suicide watch

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/
>>
>>320760193
>says people aren't using amibos how they intended
that's nintendo's fault, if they want them to be useful then they need them to do more in games
No one gives a fuck about unlockable costumes
>>
>>320760193
>people aren't using amibos how they intended
you mean I shouldn't be hot gluing them?
>>
>>320760193
Is this what iwata said about a new blue ocean of oportunities?
>>
>>320760443
it's okay only if you record it
>>
File: 1450560593087.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450560593087.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>I see my friend using this Amiibo with that software and it looks great,’ and again increase that attractiveness of that combination. What we’re seeing instead is that the Amiibo are being picked up more as a collection item at this point, rather than, say, as an interactive item with software. And so we haven’t really established them as an enhancement for all of our software at this point

I dunno, I don't own Amiibos but I think the way they ended up is the ideal situation, isn't it?

They're a nice little way to increase revenue on Nintendo's end, fans can get little models of characters that otherwise wouldn't have gotten much in the way of merchandise, especially outside of Japan, and the dedicated fan can unlock some neat but ultimately trivial things in many games, rather than important and meaningful parts of the game.

Obviously the other half of things is that very few franchises are prolific enough to warrant multiple functions. So you've got, what? Amiibos that are only good for Super Smash Bros. and Mario Maker?

Obviously you're never going to get an Amiibo that has as many uses as a Mario character, so ultimately people are just going to collect them.
>>
>That being said, I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different.

thank god
>>
>>320761660
THE GAMECUBE 2
>>
File: 1449710637422.png (32 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449710637422.png
32 KB, 808x805
>>320760193
I'VE SPENT SO MUCH FUCKING MONEY ON MY AMIBOOS WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT USING THEM PROPERLY?!?
>>
File: 1367283606652.jpg (98 KB, 645x474) Image search: [Google]
1367283606652.jpg
98 KB, 645x474
>“As for the codename NX, I don’t believe that there’s any real meaning behind it, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t know where it came from,” says Kimishima, laughing when I ask. “Or perhaps Mr. Iwata had meant to tell me and then never got the chance.”
>>
>>320760193

Does any other company complain about the consumers that support them more than Nintendo?

I'm actually curious.
>>
>>320761956
Listen, I know you're eager to post your favorite memes on 4chan, but maybe you should find the proper context to post it.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
>>
File: 1450309077550.jpg (323 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1450309077550.jpg
323 KB, 1228x1502
IT'S NOT FAIR, THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP SUPPORTING THE WIIU, NX WAS SUPPOSED TO BA A 3RD PILLAR!
>>
>>320760193
I know they're keeping the secondary screen, but if they release a console with no gimmicks I may actually pick one up
>>
File: 1436773596839.jpg (53 KB, 583x236) Image search: [Google]
1436773596839.jpg
53 KB, 583x236
>>320762084

Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti
>>
>>320760193

>>Also says people aren't using amibos how they intended

He probably means people are buying them as collectibles and keeping them in the box/selling them online for more money. Instead of using them with the games.

I hope its a signal for Nintendo to stop making them. I will never forgive the amiibo shit used as 'unlockables' in some of their games.
>>
means to say that amiibo are intended to be a cool interactive toy for kids to use to bring them to life in their games so to speak but obsessive consumerist materialist adults are buying them solely for the sake of having them and while it's profitable and a good outcome as a businessman there is lament as a creator
>>
>>320763884
>I hope its a signal for Nintendo to stop making them.
All that delusion. If anything, it's the opposite. They'll be trying their damndest to find some way for Amiibos to be integral to the experience of their next generation of games.
>>
>>320760385
Thing is, it's making them cash, they really shouldn't bee disappointed about it at all.

Most companies would probably just make them even more useless at this point, or even raise the price.
>>
>>320763884
You're a genuine moron, holy shit this is hilarious.

No offense of course. Just needed this laugh.
>>
>>320764517

I'd say the person calling someone a moron without giving reasons looks like the bigger moron.
>>
>>320760193
Are you retarded?

> So we can’t just abandon them and say ‘Hey, it’s time to move on to the next thing.’ Of course we are working on NX and looking at the experiences we can bring to that platform. But first our job at this point is to support the consumers who have purchased Wii U and make sure that they have software experiences available to them.”

Thats the exact opposite bro
>>
>Making “Nintendo Account” and “My Nintendo” work well is his number one goal with regards to the company’s mobile strategy.

hahahaha, incoming online subscription fee
>>
>>320762632
The picture should be of Yamauchi, not Iwata. Pretty much ruins an otherwise funny edit.
>>
>>320765264

All they really need to do to fix the account system is have a dedicated account system that works across all platforms. The minute I saw that I would have to rebuy all the Virtual Console games on Wii U, I never bought a single VC game. They should have transferred over from the start. And until Nintendo comes up with a set account system that does that, I won't buy anything online from them.
>>
>>320760193
Who the hell is this old fart to tell me how I should jse the things I buy with my own money? Holy shit, if this guy is the new head of Nintendo, they're gonna be more dead than ever in no time.
If the things are making them billions of dollars why does he even care what they're used for? In this scenario there's no way to make competent use of Amiibo without people complaining. Literally. Even if they made a Disney Infinity/Skylanders esque game, people would bitch saying it's a ripoff.
There's no hope for them, is there?
>>
>>320761485
What the actual fuck? Why the hell do they care how they're being used when people are eating them up anyway? When the fuck with Nintendo abandon this heinous "REEEEE THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG AND NOT USING THE WAY WE INTENDED REEEEEE" attitude?
>>
File: Koopa.jpg (38 KB, 258x254) Image search: [Google]
Koopa.jpg
38 KB, 258x254
>>320760193
>NX is a departure from Wii U

This will either be really good or really bad.
>>
>>320765943
It's never really good anon... Never.
>>
File: 1448913098200.jpg (208 KB, 441x553) Image search: [Google]
1448913098200.jpg
208 KB, 441x553
>>320760385
the whole amiibo thing seems like a double edged sword.
If they give the amiibo more functionality, then people would get more mad about accessibility of the amiibo then usual
>>
>>320765943
Inb4 the NX is actually a smartphone-like device that only plays p2p games.
I can actually see that happening.
Nintendoomed since the NES.
>>
>>320760385
But if games were more dependent on amiibo faggots like you would cry about parts of the game being locked behind physical DLC.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>320760385
>No one gives a fuck about unlockable costumes
shit is the most profitable feature ever put in any game, ever. No matter where you check the data, cosmetic is where the money flows
>>
>>320761782
thats the WiiU codename brah
>>
>>320760385
The only way to legitimately make proper use of Amiibo is to make a Disney Infinity type of game.
But even then people would bitch and moan.
>>
File: 1425851518969.gif (577 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1425851518969.gif
577 KB, 500x283
>No Metroid
>No F-Zero
>No Custom Robo
>No Sin and Punishment
>No console MH
>
I am not sure if I care or not.
>>
>>320766416
Some people will bitch and moan no matter what Nintendo does. There is literally no pleasing them.
>>
>>320766596
I wouldn't. Keep that shit contained to one game.
>>
>>320760193

>completely undership amiibos
>surprised that people treat them like collectors items
>>
Like 4 3rd party games use amiibo and 2 of those were unveiled the same day as amiibo were announced.

Its so shit. Nijtendo should be offering incentives for people to utilise them as it would equal more sales
>>
>>320766416
Few people would. People bitch now because they're deliberately locking in-game content across all their games behind stupid toys, if it's contained in games made specifically for them then there is nothing left to complain about.
>>
>>320765895
>>320761485
Because if they're not using it with the main product or service (the WiiU), then you you essentially have people buying amiibos without buying WiiU's. They might be selling a lot of them, but you don't want people to be only buying your small side product while ignoring the thing you're meant to sell: video games and video game consoles.
>>
>>320766806
>Nijtendo should be offering incentives for people to utilise them
who said they don't? they fucking offer their own cash cow IPs to company that ask for them and present a decent project.
>>
>>320766856
Like I said before:

Why the actual fuck does it matter what people are buying from you if people are shoveling money at you, regardless of whatever product you're selling them? At the end of the day, you get money. I cannot think of any other company or business that gets so asspained about how customers use the product after it's sold (and they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want with it so long as it's legal) as Nintendo.
>>
>>320766901

Then why does only like 4 games use them?
>>
>>320767132
Because they can sell to collectors and people who want to use them as software.
Right now they're selling to collectors but theyd like to expand and sell more
How are you this FUCKING stupid
>>
>>320766538
They just put out a chibi robo game dumbass.
There was an amiibo and everything
>>
>>320766538
To be fair, we got a S&P game on the Wii. It's not realistic to expect such a niche series to get a new entry every generation. Personally I wanted Endless Ocean 3.
>>
they going full mobile, still better than konami thats going full oldman and japs audience only with pachinko
>>
>>320767525
Custom Robo isn't Chibi Robo dude

Y'know that thing that was an AT in brawl? that robot thing? maybe since you lack in nintendo IP knowledge i'll have to speak smash to see if you understand.
>>
>>320767625
If they come up with something similar to the Vita but more powerful, I'd be all for it.
>>
>>320767525
he said custom robo, dumbass. Delete your fucking post.
>>
>>320766187
>Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
how about don't sell shit quality toys with physical DLC in them in the first place, faggot
>>
>>320767684
That was a Medabot, dumbass.
>>
>>320760443
No. Unless it's Isabelle.
>>
>>320760193
Does it means this is the end of neo-Nintendo and all this autist shit?
>>
>>320767625
Nope, they've said that the 3DS can co-exist with their Mobile stuff.
>>
>>320766538
The Wii U got MH3U. The series is far more associated with portables than it is consoles so it makes sense for it to be exclusive to the 3DS.
>>
>>320760193

I literally havent used a single one of mine i just use them as decorations I dont give a shit about useless cosmetic shit in my games
>>
>>320767808
new 3ds lel, how many version 3ds are already?
NX probably something like vita tv
>>
You guys ever think about the finality of all this? How long until there aren't anymore video games as we know them? What will it feel like when the Wii U is 30 years old? Will civilization even exist as we know it by then? Fuck, I hate fucking getting old.
>>
>>320764382
But the reason why they made the damn things is to help move software along. Yeah its selling, but it isnt helping software as much as they expect, which was what they were going for to begin with.
>>
>>320767283
Well from the wording of the interview with Kimishima, he's saying "I don't want collectors at all giving me money, I only want people who are using amiibos for they're intended purpose money" which is fucking stupid as hell because you're essentially saying "STOP GIVING ME MONEEYYY" to the audience who is primarily buying them (collectors).

By all means, as a business they should be appealing to both audiences for maximum profit, and nothing should be stopping, but tellin g a customer, ANY type of customers "NO YOU"RE WROOOOOONG" when they're more than willing to hand over piles of cash for you're product just because they're using them in a slightly different way is one of the most heinous and disgusting attitudes a company can have.

After I buy a product, I have the right to use it as any way I want to as the consumer, be it with Nintendo software or if I just want it to sit in a collection of other figures to look nice. Nintendo does this stupid shit with nearly anything they sell and it sickens me.
>>
>>320766831
>few people would
You severely underestimate /v/, anon.
>>
>>320767771
Ray MK III is from custom robo

>Doesn't know i was dumbing myself down because he clearly didn't know the IP

You're the dumbass
>>
File: 1335644378903.gif (6 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
1335644378903.gif
6 KB, 569x510
>>320762084
>>
Fuck this thread, post your Amiibo collections.
>>
>>320768247
>HAHAHA JOKES ON THEM I WAS MERELY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!!!!
>>
>>320768146
You have a right to do whatever, but using it with Nintendo software get's them additional dollars. They're upset because you bought Lucina, but didn't by Codename S.T.E.A.M to use her with.
>>
>>320768296
SPIKE DIES!
>>
>>320768428
What was anything i said retarded when it was all correct?

How good is your reading comprehension? So far its looking bad.

There is no Medabot in smash you idiot, you are looking like a typical /a/ shitposter so i'll stop here
>>
Who even cares? I have over 40 Amiibo and I haven't ever spent a single penny on any of them.
Being a master shoplifter finally pays off.
>>
>>320768442
I didn't buy Codeneame Steam because I tried the demo and it was lackluster, subpar crap that wasn't fun to play. On top of that I read additional reviews that indicate my judgement was correct.

That has nothing to do with amiibos. Make better, higherquality games that are fun to play and I will buy them regardless of amiibo. If it has amiibo support for an amiibo I own/want then I will buy that amiibo and that is altogether as a secondary bonus for me and Nintendo.
>>
If they make them into actual physical dlc I'm going to be forced to do electronics piracy, which is a fucking chore.
>>
>>320768978
>That has nothing to do with amiibos.
Yeah actually it does as far as Nintendo is concerned. They wanted it to be that you bought games because you had an amiibo to use it with, and vice versa. A "well I already have this amiibo, might as well get the full use out of it and buy all the games compatible with it" type of thing.
>>
>>320760193
>>Also says people aren't using amibos how they intended
People? People who?

How am I supposed to use them? Play with them? Like toys?
>>
>>320768798
you know how I know you're underage?

because you steal amiibos.
>>
>>320768442
>but didn't by Codename S.T.E.A.M to use her with.

That game sucked, though. I'll use my Lucina amiibo for FE:Fates, because that game actually looks enjoyable.
>>
>“And so of course we need something to connect all of this together, and this is where My Nintendo as well as the Nintendo Account system comes in,” he says, describing Nintendo Account as a strategy to unify all of Nintendo’s properties across pretty much every platform, from Nintendo’s own devices to tablets and smartphones to PCs and beyond.

So they're gonna start doing PC ports?
>>
>>320766538
Loli Jolyne makes my heart flutter.
>>
>>320769726
You're supposed to buy all the games they're compatible with so Nintendo can get all your dollars.
>>
>>320760193
1. They don't fucking do anything
2. Woooow I can train a shitty AI to lose on my behalf
3. They're so expensive and rare to get that I can't be fucked to carry them around and use them in case I damage or lose them
4. The appeal of Smash is a shitton of characters all together in the same place; if a toy line is based on that of course they're more valuable to collectors. I'm buying the Cloud Amiibo but I sure as hell won't be using it because I play as Cloud.
>>
>>320766237

this

there's a reason league of legends racks so much cash and I can assure you it's not champion sales
>>
>>320769597
Well then that's an absolutely shitty attitude and a horrible business practice for a game. They are seriously kidding themselves if they thought it would sell just based on the "oh well I already have the FE amiibos anyway" factor alone.

Might I add on top that: that was a time where the FE amiibos were ULTRA RARE AS ALL FUCK and only scalpers or hardcore collectors had them.

As proof, Codename Steam only got lackluster reviews and sold horribly. Whereas Splatoon was an absolute success and had it's own dedidcated amiibos as opposed to different IP ones that someone "just might have had anyway".
>>
>>320770384
I agree it's a shitty attitude. But after the Wii and Wii fit I think Nintendo really thought that strategy would work again.

And they made new waves of Marth and Ike around the time that game came out IIRC.
>>
I miss Iwata.

So much.
>>
>>320770384
I really wish Splatoon had some "well they might have them anyway" support. The game is just perfect for having amiibo locked cosmetics.
>>
File: 1450293551139.jpg (522 KB, 610x900) Image search: [Google]
1450293551139.jpg
522 KB, 610x900
>>320762084
>>
>>320760193
I hope nintendo abandons amiibos and instead makes figures. Would anyone even object to that? It gets rid of the physical DLC side of it but lets collectors keep on collecting.
>>
>>320767245
>CNS
>Smash
>Mario Kart 8
>Mario Party 10
>Amiibo Crossing
>Kirby and the rainbow curse
>Chibi Robo
>Xenoblade 3D
>Splatoon
>Yoshi's Wooly World
>Mario Maker
>FE Fates
>Hyrule Warriors
>Ultra Smash
>Happy Home Designer
>That Wii U classic games thing
>Ace Combat
>Captain Toad
>Pokken
>Paper Jam

>4
Thing is only CNS has some real content behind it.
>>
>>320771850
>Xenoblade 3D
Woah, what the fuck?
>>
Look, i really want to use Yoshi, Mario, Duck Hunt or ROB in Codename STEAM.
>>
>>320772214
Tap the Shulk Amiibo and you get three tokens for the unlockables but you can only use it once a day.

I'm pretty sure you can get more with Play Coins though so it's totally pointless.
>>
>>320766109
I can't take people like you seriously at all. You try to talk like you have some wise input, but, on reality, you have no clue what you're talking about and just sound like some generic fuck ass who sits around in the high school library table during recess.

>giving things any real use is a double edged sword
>it'll be too much

No, you foolish pork chop, you'll still just simply press it against the fucking pad.
>>
I just want them to learn how make a fucking netcode

it's 2015 and having online games with IMPUT LAG should be a fucking death sentence, stupid hacks, billions of dollars for fucking nothing.
>>
>>320773369
I have yet to see a good console game that adheres to that.
>>
>>320769827
>Toddlers telling the game would sell good
>sells like shit
>hype for nothing just like wonder101
>>
>>320761485
>i see my friend playing a game, and he has to tap this shitty cheap toy on his controller to call up his AI partner, and i'm like "what the fuck? they couldn't just store that data on the system or in a cloud?"

any other response to amiibos in a game is pure autism
>>
Are there any amiibos besides link that unlock otherwise unobtainable content in games?
>>
>>320762632

>MUH THIRD PILLAR

You Nintoddlers always scream this every time something new comes out. Face it, even Nintendo knows the Wii U was an abject failure and are finally giving up on it.
>>
>>320776096
Does that include cosmetics?
If not then CNS and maybe Mario Party 10.
>>
>>320760385
The issue is most games dont support them and they dont unlock costumes outside of the game for your mii or some menu customizing for your system

This makes them nothing more than toy figure paper weights
>>
>>320768146
>Well from the wording of the interview with Kimishima, he's saying "I don't want collectors at all giving me money, I only want people who are using amiibos for they're intended purpose money"

No, it's more like
>Collectors are giving me pocket change instead of buying Wii Us to use with their Amiibo
>Please buy Wii U
>>
>>320773360
fucking kek
>>
>>320779897
If just one collector buys one of every single amiibo that has been released, then that person has given Nintendo a total of $1117.17

One WiiU is $250 - $280

Kimishima has no right to bitch about "pocket change" or use of product. I also guarantee there is more profit from amiibos when they're easier to manufacture and mass produce than a console.
>>
>>320781058
You're missing the point. Kimi wants the collectors to buy all the stuff associated with the amiibos. Buying only 1/3rd of the whole set (games, systems, amiibos) is pocket change.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.