[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Wii u startiing to lose third party support?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 29
I remember the wii u used to get great ports. Deus ex , Batman ,Call of Duty , Mass effect.

Recently though ports like Project cars wii u edition (pic related) and darksiders 2 have been getting cancelled and hardly any new ports happen. Hope the new deus ex gets a wii u port.
>>
File: project-cars-wii-u.jpg (163 KB, 945x556) Image search: [Google]
project-cars-wii-u.jpg
163 KB, 945x556
>>320759618
shame this got cancelled. really showed off the power of the wii u.
>>
>>320759618
>Wii u
>ever having 3rd party support
>>
>>320759850
Deus ex , Batman ,Call of Duty , Mass effect were all on the wii u
>>
>>320759618
>starting

3rd parties ported some shit over at the start, saw how poorly they sold and never bothered again.
>>
>starting
Keke
>>
Wii U third party has been dead for a while. Only kids stuff like the LEGO games, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and other movie licensed shit still shows up there.

Even Nintendo is pulling the plug. The Wii U probably has a total of 6 physical games left, not including indie eShop stuff. The Wii U is dead.
>>
>>320760619

This.

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft all took some of their most popular last gen games and ported them, they didn't sell well, so they said "fuck it" and bailed.

Part of the problem, certainly, was the fact that all of the games they released were like two years old by the time the Wii U had come out, but even if they were brand new, I wouldn't have really ever picked up Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U.
>>
>>320760479
And thats all the third party games it got + some assassins creed and indie stuff. You realize how few third party AAA games that is compared to other consoles?
>>
>>320760852
didn't the Wii U Mass effect game come out at the same time as the Collection that had all three games?

And I remember Ubisoft holding back watch dogs until "the console sold enough" with another game. But by the time the Wii U version came out, everyone knew it was average as hell
>>
The Wii U's third party support died like in like mid 2013, what do you mean "now?"

The Wii U was destined to fail from the start because Nintendo made the system only as powerful as the PS3 and 360 at the end of the PS3 and 360's life cycles and they made the system's software architecture completely different from the aforementioned consoles. The Wii U was this weird, underpowered thing that nobody knew how to develop for and they couldn't be bothered to learn how to develop for it because the dev kits for the PS4 and Xbone were just starting to come in and those consoles were incredibly straightforward to develop for.

Devs were faced with a decision: Do we learn how to develop for this weird new thing, or do we focus development on the PS3 and 360 (which we've had 7 years to learn master) and the PS4 and Xbone, which are basically just mid-range PCs?

Combine that with the Wii U's horrible name, Nintendo's lack of marketing, and all of the console-selling first-party exclusives getting delayed until late 2013, and you've got a recipe for utter failure.

With the NX devkits already in the wild and developers breaking NDAs to comment on how fucking powerful the NX is, it's a wonder that we're getting anything at all for the Wii U at this point. I'm personally fucking shocked that a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't get pushed to the NX and I imagine the only reason why it didn't was the temptation of having a big game on shelves for Christmas.
>>
>>320761920
>believing the NX 'rumors'

Wii U was said to be powerful too. You retards never learn.
>>
>>320761920
>developers breaking NDAs to comment on how fucking powerful the NX is

where?
>>
File: 2015-03-21 12.00.42.png (78 KB, 377x607) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-21 12.00.42.png
78 KB, 377x607
>>320759618
>starting
>>
>>320762258
The Wii U does have impressive hardware all things considered and has been shown to pump out some impressive visuals at a solid framerate given actual effort on the part of the developers. The problem is that no developers have bothered to put in the effort in a noticable manner except for like, Shin'en and Monolith Soft. First-party Nintendo titles are visually impressive in more subtle ways, like Mario 3D World having really impressive bump mapping, lighting effects, and high-resolution textures that are easy to overlook given the game's simplistic art style, or Splatoon managing to stay at a rock solid 60 FPS during multiplayer despite the game being based around the graphically intensive paint effect. You don't notice these things because of Nintendo's preferred "everything is made of plastic" art style.
>>
>>320759618
I am fucking laughing.

Thanks OP you made my night
>>
>>320759618
>darksiders 2

I have darksiders 2 on my wii u though...
>>
>>320759618
>startiing
OP..
Did you travel from the past or something?
if so. I have bad news..
>>
>>320759618
Ok i will bite since i got nothing better to do on a saturday evening.
>great ports
>Batman ,Call of Duty , Mass effect
All call of duty games and mass effect 3 were worse than the x360/ps3 counterparts. While being technically better the horrible LOD and the decision to trade in higher frame rate for AA and vsync in batman resulted in a unplayable mess.

Btw darksiders 2 launched.
>>
>>320759618
>starting
>>
>>320762919
You have it completely backwards.

Mario 3DW, for instance, is not visually impressive. Its art style can FOOL you into believing it is BECAUSE of its simplicity. You don't realize it has actually very low resolution textures, and low poly models because they lend themselves to the art style. The art style is not demanding, and the worlds are not particularly detailed. In particular the flat, square nature of everything makes everything very easy to animate because most surfaces consist of a single polygon.

This is really, really difficult to achieve using realistic artstyles, and the 7th gen nature of the Wii U starts to show itself when you try to have realistic games. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the Wii U, released in 2012. If it had been released in 2006 with its 7th gen rivals, it would have been merely on par.
>>
Reminder that the wii U does 1080p and 480p at the same time while running on 10W of power.
>>
>>320760479
Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell saw releases as well.
>>
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-header.jpg (113 KB, 1193x496) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-header.jpg
113 KB, 1193x496
>>320763284
>nothing impressive
you sure about that?
>>
>>320763474
>inb4 youtube screenshots of the floor
>>
>>320763358
>1080p
Barely any game is 1080p, and most games dont render both screens. This also comes at a cost of shitty visuals.
>>
>>320761920

It was designed to be close enough architecturally to the 360 that devs could simply port over games. They never ported any engines to it except Unity 4 (Which was NSTC and NOA had to to grab some indie support). Nintendo never even supplied a Wii U revision of Unreal 3 and told developers to make their own revision. Unsurprisingly, most developers told Nintendo to fuck off at that point.
>>
>>320760852
>Part of the problem, certainly, was the fact that all of the games they released were like two years old by the time the Wii U had come out, but even if they were brand new

you also forgot to mention that the Wii U can fail to barely run these 2 year old games any better (if that is even correct) on the platforms that they are originally released on.

A supposedely next-gen consoles charging a next-gen price tag is barely on par with hardware almost 7+ years ago.
>>
>>320763358
Meanwhile the games look no better than if they were on PS3 or 360.
>>
>>320763474
It's honestly not visually or technically impressive, it takes forever for most textures to even load in and has HORRIBLE pop in not seen since early 2000 PC open world games.

Most textures only load after you look closer at them, otherwise they will remain shitty. This is combined with most of the environmental texutres looking low resolution and shitty.
>>
>>320763284
>most surfaces consist of a single polygon.

Do you mean texture?
>>
>>320763284
Considering they actually managed to get physically based rendering in a running game on it it far exceeds what would have been possible on ps3/x360
>>
>>320763284
You understand things wrong. Visually impressive is something that, well, impresses you visually.
It doesn't matter if the game ACTUALLY has bad textures or ACTUALLY has low poly models. Xenoblade on the Wii is a visually impressive game, even in 480p, with its 2 pixel faces
>>
>>320763474
There's nothing impressive about XCX, graphically or otherwise. Strike that, I'm actually impressed they managed to sell 200k copies in the states.

Graphically it looks like a PS2 game. If you ever played FFXI online on a PS2 the world detail is basically identical, the only difference is XCX is running at 720p instead of 480p and character models are slightly higher in quality. It also runs at 30fps which is also not impressive for a game as lackluster looking as it is.
>>
>>320763830
Not really.
>>
>>320763892
>Graphically it looks like a PS2 game
now this is shitposting
>>
>>320763474
I've seen better looking games on the OG Xbox.
>>
>>320763892
What magical ps2 system did you have?
>>
File: 2015-11-27 00.22.35.jpg (48 KB, 540x599) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27 00.22.35.jpg
48 KB, 540x599
>>320763653
>implying ps3 and 360 can run Xenoblade, Mario Kart 8, or 3D World
Hahahah

>mfw Wii U is the most graphically impressive last Gen and current Gen console
>>
>>320763892
>If you ever played FFXI online

Is there any other way to play it?
>>
>>320763830
So long as it sounds like you're in agreement with everything else, I don't care to argue semantics

The fact of the matter is, with simplistic art styles, Wii U games are not technically impressive even if they can fool the viewer into believing they're visually impressive
>>
>>320759813
The irony of this statement is that the reason Project CARS got cancelled was that they couldn't get it running well on Wii U.
>>
>>320763892
>>320763729
So were just gonna ignore the fact that it renders all 5 continents with no load times or slow downs?
>>
>>320763474
>"next gen" console can handle a hard-ware demanding game on par with most major titles as a late PS3/360 era game
>somehow this is considered as bragging rights
>>
>>320764056
When you say FFXI most people read it as FFX

Most people having played FFXI and don't know that the worlds are actually pretty well detailed for a PS2 game. This is especially obvious when playing the PC version, which still uses the PS2 assets.

By extension, XCX would look much better when running on a PC too
>>
>>320764141
They couldn't get it running well on anything.
>>
>>320760847
no shit slowpoke we didnt even know that the wiiu was a new console until smash arrive
>>
>>320764174
There are load times between them though. It just loads them in peaces, which is why you get a load screen for every fast travel.

>No slowdown
Hah
>>
>>320764174
So what? So does The Witcher 3, and GTA V and every other open world game.
>>
>>320764337
Not him but on foot there's no slowdown whatsoever. In a Skell is a different story but even then it's fairly minimal.

>>320764341
Xenoblade also outsizes them horribly.
>>
>>320759618
>be EA
>releasing ME trilogy on PS360
>see WiiU
>decide to release only 3

For what reason?
>>
>>320764597
So they have an excuse as to why their game won't sell well, why else?
On top of that it was much more glitchy compared to the other versions.
>>
>>320764513
No, it definitely has slow down, moreso in things like Overdrive mode.

Also, Xenoblade outsizes them with a lot of empty space and useless areas, while having little to no dungeons or indoor areas. Most of the indoor caves are generic copy paste shit too.

I'd imagine anyone can design a massive world if they didnt need to fill it.
>>
>>320764597
Money grabbing.

>tfw WiiU owners weren't dumb enough to eat EA's shit so EA pulled the plug completely
The only EA game that wasn't a launch title was Most Wanted 2012 which despite being a shit game was actually a really good port, one of the best third party ports IMO
>>
File: Bayo.png (454 KB, 567x499) Image search: [Google]
Bayo.png
454 KB, 567x499
Regardless of how powerful of how much support the wii U gets, bayonetta 2 is still the best game on the market
>>
>>320764597
PS4 and XBone got released.
>>
>>320764597
>spend a lot of money porting a trilogy vs less money porting one game
>>
>>320764823
Naw, it was mediocre. Even the Transformers game was more fun honestly.
>>
>>320764823
First Bayo was the best desu
>>
>>320764947
>desu
Is it 2006 again?
>>
>>320764597
To sabotage the wii

>be ubisoft
>release launch game zombi U, get it inside a wii u bundle
>announce watchdogs
>say it's the best thing since gta
>delay finished wii u version after saying it would be the definitive experience
>release it 6 months after other ports for $60, can barely do 30 fps
>does poorly, blame nintendo
>>
>>320764823
Bayo will never be as good as DMC.
>>
>>320759618
Starting?
>>
>>320760984
Yes those all came out very early in the Wii U's life. 3rd party support has been dead for a long time.
>>
>>320765051
Type the short form of to be honest
>>
>>320764784
>No, it definitely has slow down, moreso in things like Overdrive mode.
Like I said, within a Skell is a different story but on foot has none unless you can tell the difference between 30 and 29fps

As for the overworld it still has to load in a lot more assets than both games all at once at that even when entering those "copy and paste" caves. Indoor areas aren't really an argument for either side seeing as it takes a while for TW3 and GTA to load them on console.
>>
>>320764513
>Xenoblade also outsizes them horribly.
Because it's a barren wasteland.
There are more trees in the first area of TW3 than in the entirety of the Xeno map.
Not to mention everything's a lot easier when fucking nothing has collision detection.
>>
>>320765142
what is it a wordfilter

desu

I miss wordfilters
>>
>>320764042
Those games run at 720p with zero AA.
>>
>>320764597
>pay Crytek to port Crysis to wii u
>let them finish the job and then scrap the port
At this point i believe EA did it just to fuck with nintendo since it was ubisoft that made billions with the wii and not EA.
>>
>>320765335
t.bh
f.am

are wordfiltered, anon underneath a rock.

I think cuck (c.uck) got unfiltered recently on /int/ but I am not sure about the other boards
>>
>>320765293
>As for the overworld it still has to load in a lot more assets than both games
No, no it does not. Not at all.

There is no clutter, detail, and minimal foliage. They are not comparable in the slightest.

I don't know how the Witcher 3 loads on console but it has no loading screens as far as I know except when loading the first save, incontrast to Xenoblade X needing to load to get into the tiny barracks.
>>
>>320765354
>zero AA
I like how easy it is to spot people who haven't played on a Wii U.
Here's a tip anon, screenshots disable it.
>>
>>320765354
And most ps3/360 games are sub 720p, so?
>>
>>320764823
I wish they would at least port the first one to PC for nude mods.
>>
Ubisoft and EA literally sold their devkits back to Nintendo before the Wii U even came out
>>
>>320765053
>tfw ZombiU sold 700k and Ubisoft considered it this catastrophic failure
Considering it was clearly rushed as fuck for launch, it was a decent game. A sequel could have improved a ton but Ubisoft just has to be fucking retarded about the whole thing.

>tfw Watch Dogs on WiiU.
Where do I fucking begin with this one, you can't say Ubisoft wasn't setting it up to bomb.

>hype the game like mad, push wiiu version back a bit for 'exclusive features'
>game finally releases on other platforms to 'meh' reception, WiiU version completely AWOL
>most thinking that WiiU version was just outright cancelled
>actually gets a release date, around the same time as fucking smash bros
>no DLC, full price, runs like complete ass
>Ubisoft claims 'well clearly nobody buys mature games on this console' and pulls the plug except for their dance shovelware
>>
>>320765478
I haven't been on /v/ in a while, can't believe I'm still here after all this time.
>>
>>320765478
desu senpai these filters are getting boring.
>>
>>320765530
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure at least Mario Kart didn't have it.
>>
>>320764597
>be Capcom
>release Revelations 2
>"sorry, the wii u can't handle it"
>"but please enjoy these last gen ports of a game that was started on the 3ds"

>be Konami
>MGSV
>same scenario as above
>abysmal sales of the 360 port
>super abysmal sales in Japan for Xbox platforms

"Sorry, the wii u platform doesn't have enough users to consider a port"

>totally shit sales on PC which had a use base of 9 billion
>they considered an iOS port
>>
File: 7Bc1p2O.jpg (299 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
7Bc1p2O.jpg
299 KB, 1919x1079
>>320765530
>screenshots disable it.
No they don't. You're just too much of a pleb to see jaggies when the game is in motion.

This is recorded from a video capture device and has nothing to do with the Wii U's screenshot taking program. The game is a jagged fucking mess, everywhere, always.
>>
>>320765647
almost 10 years now for me familia, I find myself coming back more often when I am away from friends or people who kinda gives a shit about me.
>>
>>320765761
Same deal there anon AA disabled on screenshot.
Why they would choose to do such a thing is beyond me.
>>
>starting

They started losing it in 2012
>>
>>320765530
Xenoblade is jaggy as fuck you fucking moron.
>>
>>320765890
That looks fucking awful. Upscaled and aliased

I feel bad for console players who have to deal with this shit.
>>
>>320765890
>upscaling the image
Hoo boy anon you sure showed him.
>>
>>320765761
MK8 has no AA at all to ensure that it's always running at 60fps.

Xenoblade however does have some minimal AA.
>>
The NES, and to a lesser extent the SNES, were the last Nintendo desktop consoles where third parties sold respectable numbers.

Nowadays people buy Nintendo consoles to buy Nintendo sequels. The new Mario, the new Zelda, the new Metroid, the new Kirby, the new F-Zero, etc. This started with the N64.

The mentality of a Nintendo console buyer is very different from that of buyers of other consoles. When most people buy a Playstation or a Xbox, they don't buy it to get the n title in a first party franchise with the exception, maybe, of Gran Turismo and Halo.

It just doesn't make sense to develop for Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>320765995
XCX has AA you moron.
The problem are the maps that cause sawtooth egdes when looking at objects that interlace with each other, which is really noticeable in NLA.
>>
>>320765984
>Why they would choose to do such a thing is beyond me.
BECAUSE THEY DON'T YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Jesus. Either you're a bad fucking troll or you only play on your Wii U gamepad, and you obviously won't see the jaggies on the gamepad because the 720p rendering is being super sampled to 480p which has the same effect that antialiasing does. It gets rid of jaggies.
>>
>>320766235
Whatever you say moron.

It's jaggy everywhere.
>>
File: 182871289.png (774 KB, 750x799) Image search: [Google]
182871289.png
774 KB, 750x799
You knoe what game wud be perfect with the Gamepad?
>>
>>320766235
>XCX has AA you moron.
No it doesn't. It doesn't even have FXAA because the Wii U can't do FXAA. The Wii U is such a joke. I can't believe people try to pretend it's decent hardware-wise. Stick to the "at least it has good games" defense because at least that doesn't make you look like a total moron.
>>
File: I Dont Understand.jpg (44 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
I Dont Understand.jpg
44 KB, 450x300
>>320759618
Did I just time travel to mid 2013
>>
>>320766341
Yeah you clearly know more than professionals whos job is to analize games, got it.
>>
>>320765530
Just pause the game. If you can't see jaggies on a 1080p television, you're blind.
>>
>ITT: everyone shitposts about a console they don't own, and everyone falls for it.
>>
File: 1438809027916.jpg (62 KB, 571x428) Image search: [Google]
1438809027916.jpg
62 KB, 571x428
>>320759618
Because EA and Ubisoft sabotaged the whole thing.
Remember ME3?
Rayman? Watch dogs?

CoD never got the dlcs on WiiU. The whole shit was sabotaged by third parties.
>>
>>320764896
This is the most pathetic sourgrapes I've ever seen
>>
>>320766508
>look at me being a retard on the internet
Its always nice when people out themselves
>Once we begin the game it's clear that image quality wise, Xenoblade X delivers results in line with other games on the system. That means a 1280x720 rendering resolution with a helping of post-process anti-aliasing
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-xenoblade-chronicles-x
>>
>>320766508
There's literally an .ini file within the game's archives that says "antialiasing=on", I wonder what that could mean?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/page-2#post-5850299
>>
>>320766809
>1280x720
disgusting
>>
>>320766440
You say that as a joke but seeing as the thing has gyros it would be a fairly decent game to envision.

I'm still waiting on my Phoenix Wright spin off Ema Skye Forensics where she uses a gamepad like device as a magnifying glass and microscope of sorts though.
>>
>>320766930
What?
That and 720/60 and 1080/30-15fps are the next gen standard.
>>
>>320766930
>moving the goalpost to distract from being clearly a idiot
Disgusting
>>
>>320766923
There are also .bat files that reference PC .exe files

It's meaningless. How do you think they create 1080p+ jaggieless bullshots? These games are capable of running on more competent hardware. On an actual Wii U they're turned down to minimal settings.
>>
>>320767310
>How do you think they create 1080p+ jaggieless bullshots?
They didn't anon.
>>
File: 3.bmp.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3.bmp.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>320766809
If this has AA, it's too minimal to be of any effect
>>
>>320767310
That file is literally those minimal settings though.

>>320767497
They've released a few high-res renders of game screens that they downsampled to 1080p.
>>
>>320767497
>They didn't anon.
Uh huh.
>>
>>320767636
>Alpha texture resolution also takes a hit in the game, impacting the effectiveness of transparency effects. If you look at the edges around objects which intersect with any sort of alpha, you'll notice obvious saw tooth edges. When these effects fill the screen it can even give the impression of a lower overall screen resolution.
>>
>>320767860
>1080p
I smell editing
>>
Why bother to buy a Wii U when I can just wait a year for the stable emulator to come out?
>>
File: 1450246394200.png (295 KB, 680x602) Image search: [Google]
1450246394200.png
295 KB, 680x602
>>320764174
Sounds like you're just an ignorant player. The game doesn't load the entire map at once, dumbass. There's a thing called LODs. The game only loads a small area around the player, anything further is a low quality version with no detail at all, and the closer you get, it transitions to the normal version, and the area you just left becomes a LOD.
>>
>>320763892
>Graphically it looks like a PS2 game
I want this meme to die
>>
>>320768092
>5 years with no online if you're lucky
ftfy
Mario Kart still doesn't run well.
>>
>>320768092
>that closed source piece of crap
>being stable in a year
try never
>>
>>320767909
And you have no idea what any of that means. There is no alpha blending in that screenshot except possibly the clouds in the distance.
>>
File: 1448571981978.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448571981978.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>320768180
maybe you have a shit pc
>>
>>320759618
>lose third party support

It never really had it to begin with.
>>
>>320767909
Please point out that alpha texturing in that screenshot, I want a laugh.
>>
>>320759618
That 3rd party support was mostly porting ps3/x360 games. Now when we are full ps4/xbone mode, there is nothing to port.
>>
>>320768347
>maybe you have a high end pc
ftfy
>>
>>320768053
What? Bullshots in promotional packages are typically huge (4000+ pixels in either dimension) so that media publishers can resize them for their purposes to get the best quality prints.

That was not taken from the game. That was taken from a PC rendering the game, which is why the game files have remnants of it being run on better hardware.
>>
>>320767860
I think I can find where this was taken.
>>
>>320768783
The existence of bullshots isn't what I'm trying to prove, Nintendo has been using bullshots since at least Skyward Sword if not earlier

I would like to see a side by side comparison for laughs, though
>>
>no third party games
>what few third party games there are have been available on other platforms for years like deus ex or bam a ham
>even the first party games are rehashes of 3DS stuff, or just party shovelware shit
>literally the only original games are mario maker and splatoon, the latter of which is just a really shitty shooter even compared to stuff like counter strike
>the wii u is literally a mario maker machine

I feel really bad for the people who bought it but at this point I think the only people who went out and purchased a Wii U are idiots
>>
>>320768567
my bad, thought you were talking about dolphin, not cemu
>>
>>320769507
>Dolphin
>Wii U
>>
>>320769315
The Wii U has a handful of decent games, but people pretending like the hardware is respectable need to fuck off and die. It's a 7th gen-tier console that was released a year before 8th gen started. The hardware is an absolute and total joke that is only obscured by Nintendo's plasticy and simplistic art style. Any game that tries to look good, like Xenoblade, demonstrates clearly how much more horsepower the games are grasping for and falling way, way short.
>>
>>320769842
exactly
''my bad''
>>
File: wii-u-launch-library.jpg (77 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-launch-library.jpg
77 KB, 620x465
>>320759618
>I remember the wii u used to get great ports. Deus ex , Batman ,Call of Duty , Mass effect.

What? Those were all ports that came out as launch titles, and they were of games that were already two years old. They were fucking terrible.
>>
>>320769315
Pretty much the couch multiplayer is still the best of the market. I own it and a gaming pc and have no complaints. I'm sure there are some great PS4 and Xbone exclusives out there, but nothing came into my radar.
>>
>>320769885
> It's a 7th gen-tier console that was released a year before 8th gen started.
This console started the 8th gen, the only question is Nintendo went full retard and decided to try the Wii thing once more.
>>
>>320770985
I realize that generationally it's 8th gen, but hardware-wise it has 7th gen-tier hardware

With Nintendo being so out of step with the other console makers, it's questionable whether the console generations are even meaningful anymore, especially in a manner that can be applied uniformly to all of them.

If, for example, the NX is released half way in between the PS4 and PS5, is it really a 9th gen console? It would be a lot easier to simply abandon the paradigm and call a spade a spade
>>
>>320771347
>but hardware-wise it has 7th gen-tier hardware
>putting a generation to hardware
Do you know how ridiculous that is?
>>
>>320771548

Yeah that would make Wii 5th gen. Gens start to lose all meaning if you define them by hardware strength
>>
File: 1326747248183.jpg (6 KB, 213x219) Image search: [Google]
1326747248183.jpg
6 KB, 213x219
>>320759618
>starting
lmao
>expecting third party support on garbage nintendo home consoles
double lmao
>>
>>320771548
Only Nintendo is out of suit, so not very if we exclude them

>>320771905
They start to lose all meaning if you define them by release date too, especially when one of the big ones is out of step with the others.
>>
>>320772098
>Only Nintendo is out of suit, so not very if we exclude them
Every console uses parts from with different release times dingus. That would throw literally everything off.
>>
>>320759618
>Starting
>>
>>320772264
Using release dates is just as bad. Who says that Gen 8 started in 2012 and not 2013? No one. It's arbitrary. It's going to be even worse when the NX comes out in 2016 and the PS4Xbwo probably come out in 2020. What kind of sense will that make for them to be in the same generation?
>>
It never had any third party support.
>>
>>320773153
>Using release dates is just as bad.
>using something that lumps the consoles in a group as opposed to scattering them is just as bad as a literal random assortment of information
>>
>>320773408
They're both random, idiot. They're both terrible.

"this random selection of years should be considered a group, not that random selection of years"

Console generations were only useful when the hardware in them was comparable. Nintendo fucked that up, so it's no longer a useful way to label things, especially when Nintendo's 9th generation console will probably only be as powerful as 8th generation consoles. It's dumb just saying it
>>
>>320763646
The problem wasn't from the console, more so that the ports were shoddy as fuck, barring Batman, which ironically was the best version IIRC.
>>
>>320773748
>They're both random, idiot.
random
adjective
made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.
"apparently random violence"

The release dates don't fall under "random" you tard.

>Console generations were only useful when the hardware in them was comparable.
They were NEVER comparable.
>>
>>320773408
There's going to be at least 3 years between NX and PS5 which creates quite a predicament if you want to keep using the old paradigm. That's all I'm saying. There's no longer any logical way to group generations because they're separated by large amounts of both time and processing power.
>>
File: Untitled.png (363 KB, 646x628) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
363 KB, 646x628
>>320759618
>"Third Party Support" referring to the fast-prototypes rushed out in Unreal and sold at full price, and needing to sell 5 million preorders before the audience even knows what the game is about.
Good riddance. Only the best games belong on the Wii U.
>>
>>320760479
in 2012 when it launched. Did you just come out of a coma?
>>
>>320773910
>The release dates don't fall under "random" you tard.
Saying "2006-2011 is gen 7" is an arbitrary (random) selection. There's no universal logic behind this. It was selected, at random, by a person. It could just as easily be 2006-2012 or even 2006-2013. It's utterly meaningless.
>>
>>320774570
With that same logic everything on the planet is meaningless stop thinking in absolutes here anon.
Either way it's hardly arbitrary or random considering it's the date the "next gen" console was released to the masses. That specific date was chosen because it marked the end of the first party support of the previous console.
>>
File: WiiU third party support.png (209 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
WiiU third party support.png
209 B, 100x100
>>320759618
>Wii u starting to lose third party support?
>Wii u starting to lose
>Wii u starting
What year it is? 2013?
>>
>>320775252
It might still make sense for gen 8 but Nintendo is about to release a new console half way between gen 8 and gen 9, and one of the defining features of a console generation is that the consoles in that generation were direct competitors.

The NX will be a direct competitor with PS4 and Xbone, so doesn't that, in at least some way, make it an 8th gen console, since the others are 8th gen consoles?

Do you now see how this is quickly becoming a problematic way of looking at things? It's a whole hell of a lot easier to compare things in terms of power. I can very easily say the PS4 is 1.5 times more powerful than the Xbone and every child on the planet understands what that means. What fictional generation they belong to is completely meaningless at this point
>>
Nintendo's given up on trying to compete with Sony and M$, so their hardware and presentation deviated from present standards as of the Wii.
By the time of the Wii U, they are technically so far behind the other consoles that third parties can't really port to Wii U anymore.
NX is going to basically be on par with whatever comes after Vita (if anything because it failed).
>>
>>320773153
>Who says that Gen 8 started in 2012 and not 2013?
Everyone, because that's when it started. Wii U was the first console in the 8th generation of consoles to release.
>>
>>320765053
>To sabotage the wii
Nintendo was the best at that, creating a console barely more powerful than the 360 and forcing publishers to use the fag ass tablet controller with gimmicky crap and refusing to support western developers with english speaking nintendo employees like those guys from ubisoft that had to wait 4 hours to get a response from nintendo HQ
>>
>>320775597
>Everyone, because that's when it started.
>God exists, because the bible says so. The bible was written by god and is infallible.
>>
>>320759618
>starting

Lol
>>
>>320775791
>believing Ubisoft after the events that had taken place surrounding them
>ignoring their massive support of the Wii at that suggesting they had some decent connection to Nintendo
>>
File: 1436634632170.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1436634632170.png
325 KB, 382x417
Why the fuck is the Wii U still so expensive?

It costs more than the Xbone in germany, it's ridiculous. Why does Nintendo try so hard to kill the Wii U?
>>
File: 1303014767722.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1303014767722.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>320759618
>Even imagining the expecting of a Wii U port of the new Deus Ex

I have a Wii U too and Deus Ex HR on it as well, but I wouldn't even dream to think that a port of the upcoming game would even be thought of.
>>
>>320776090
They are the Apple of gaming. They didn't use to be, though.
>>
No duh, production has been pushed to NX development.
>>
>>320776090
They could sell it for $50 and it would still be dead, they'd just lose a lot of money on selling at a loss. Same happened to them with the GC.

They're hoping to make a small profit by selling the hardware for a profit, then quietly sweeping it under the rug when the NX comes out
>>
File: 1296650614817.jpg (112 KB, 773x813) Image search: [Google]
1296650614817.jpg
112 KB, 773x813
>>320775945
>ignoring all the other developers that were mad at nintendo for not having english documentation about the wii u
Whatever makes you sleep better at night you island meme nigger
>>
>>320776090
>Why the fuck is the Wii U still so expensive?
Because they're barely making a profit off of the thing, the PS4 can afford a drop because it's selling like hotcakes while the Xbox is made by microsoft so they can take a hit and come out no problem.
>>
>simcade Racing game
>digital triggers

That ain't gonna work
>>
>>320776293
>meanwhile there are indie developers with much less manpower and pull in the industry working just fine with the thing
>>
>>320759618
>starting
It's been dead since 2013.
>>
>>320776642
Just do what some PS2 games did and make the second analog accelerate.
Does it even have a use in game?
>>
>>320776686
yes retard, 3 years after the console launched, remeber that nintendo took almost a year to make english documentation aviable
>>
>>320776840
arguing with drones who only greentext is futile
>>
>>320776840
>3 years after the console launched
>3 years is 1
>>
>>320773761
>which ironically was the best version IIRC
You remember it bad, it ran at 2 power point presentations per minute
>>
>>320776796
I usually use left/right on the second analog stick to look around in the cockpit when playing rfactor with a controller.

Up is clutch because everything else is taken.
>>
>>320777050
You know what though, at the very least they could have made an attempt at a proper patch.
But then again that would require optimization on their part and Ubisoft has already proven how incompetent they are.

Tetris
>>
>>320759618
>2%
>>
File: NIDF-003.jpg (89 KB, 840x595) Image search: [Google]
NIDF-003.jpg
89 KB, 840x595
>>320761920
DELETE THIS
Its everyone's fault but nintendo!!! EA and ubisoft sabotaged the wiiu because it was an amazing console but they hate it because based reggie refuses to support DLC and season passes in favour of full games at launch
>>
>SMT X FE
>Twilight Princess HD
>Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics
>Pokkén Tournament
>Star Fox Zero
>The Legend of Zelda U
>LEGO Marvel’s Avengers

These are the last 7 games the Wii U will ever get.
>>
>>320777704
Considering they're all exclusives, not bad Tbh. Still more than Bloodborne.
>>
>>320759618
I'm afraid it might be starting to lose first party support too dear.
>>
>>320777879
>all exclusives
At least 3 of those aren't even exclusive, and only 3 of them are even worth talking about
>>
File: .jpg (13 KB, 299x362) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
13 KB, 299x362
>>320763892
>managed to sell 200k copies in the states
JUST
>>
>>320759618
>Wanting to pay for Multiplat when you can pirate it on PC with better graphics

i don´t want multiplat i want awesome exclusives why would i want something everybody has?
>>
>>320778138
More than Bayonetta 2 did. Might not sound like much, but for an obscure niche JRPG on a dead platform, it's fucking phenomenal. Consider all they had to do was localize it. It's basically all profit.
>>
File: =D.gif (2 MB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
=D.gif
2 MB, 400x323
>>320759618
>Is the Wii u startiing to lose third party support?
>startiing to lose
>startiing
That's like asking if nintendo consoles are starting to sell less and less each generation, just because Wii got a spike. Each nintendo gen, Wii aside, has sold less than the previous one, consistently 2/3rds to half the sales.

Same thing with multiplats. WiiU got a "spike" (if you can even call it that) of 1 or 2 year old multiplat games on its release, then was abandoned, but it didn't have any meaningful support to begin with.
>>
>>320762831
>>320762831
>where?

http://mynintendonews.com/1945/14/88/AAA-developers-talk-about-how-powerful-the-NX-its-going-to-be/
>>
>>320778484
>Each nintendo gen, Wii aside, has sold less than the previous one, consistently 2/3rds to half the sales.
Statistically speaking, your sample size is too small to denounce Wii U as an outlier. You only have 5 results that line up with any manner of consistency
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
572 KB, 600x580
>>320759618
>Gone Home will be on every console except the WiiU
Feels good to not have that much third party support.
>>
File: 1265746865094.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1265746865094.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>starting
>>
>>320761920
>I'm personally fucking shocked that a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't get pushed to the NX and I imagine the only reason why it didn't was the temptation of having a big game on shelves for Christmas.
All worthwhile Wii U games will get HD remasters on the NX. Buying Wii U games is so moronic at this point
>>
File: N++ physics.gif (443 KB, 542x366) Image search: [Google]
N++ physics.gif
443 KB, 542x366
>>320762919
>except for like, Shin'en and Monolith Soft

Man you drank the cool-aid, that delusion

The BEST two devs you can give as to how powerful a WiiU can be have subpar games

Fast Racing Neo runs at sub 720p resolutions, this is unheard of, not even the worst performing Xbone game runs below 720p. And it is noticable in that game.

XCX has a lot of physics removed, colisions removed (you can walk through people, cars, bushes, etc), objects and characters appear 10 meters in front of your, specially in the city, even worse than similar GTA4/5 problems in the previous gen. And it runs at 720p. Not 1080p, not 900p... 720p even with all the sacrifices made, some that I haven't even mentioned

>>320778773
Each one of the examples represents millions of sales, what's your point? The sample size isn't small at all, it's everything nintendo has ever done in the gaming industry, homeconsole sales wise.

It's like saying a southern europe survey of 300 million people doesn't count as it only represents 4 countries, even though southern europe is wholy represented by 4 countries (or 5 if you want to count vatican)
>>
>>320779832
fuck off
>>
>>320779832
>n++

interdasting

thanks anon
>>
>>320779832
>Each one of the examples represents millions of sales, what's your point?
My point is that looking at 5 consoles from a sample size of 6 and calling one of them an outlier isn't particularly meaningful, especially if you're implying that it predicts the NX will sell even worse than the Wii U.
>>
>Great ports like Batman,COD and Mass Effect
>Darksiders 2 cancelled

What the fuck
>>
File: N++.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
N++.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>320764174
> it renders all 5 continents
Oh boy....

>>320780031
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that. I actually chuckled, thanks.

>>320780228
Most fun platformer there is for me. Very good couch co-op and you can build levels too.

If you don't own a PS4 there's also a DS version, and a 360/PS3 if I'm not mistaken, but N++ has the most feattures/levels by far. A very fun gem, pure platforming.

>>320780456
> implying that it predicts the NX will sell even worse than the Wii U.
I didn't mean to say that. I was just comparing the Wii's spike in sales to WiiU's spike in 1st year multiplats. Neither stuck.

That being said, yes I think the NX will sell even less without any evidence. Just a gut feeling. I don't see how it would when the other two are already selling a lot before even getting a lot of exclusives. I heard the PS4 is selling out like crazy this Xmas even though no big game came out this month, much less a big exclusive.

The only way NX will sell is if it actually replaces the 3DS as well as the WiiU, joining the two libraries and being a hybrid.
>>
>>320780681
I think he's from bizarro /v/
>>
>>320780929
>The only way NX will sell is if it actually replaces the 3DS as well as the WiiU, joining the two libraries and being a hybrid.
The 3DS got off to a bumpy start too and it's likely to become Nintendo's worst selling handheld

Nintendo can easily screw up the NX launch, even if it has a handheld variety. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. I imagine at the very least it will have a very strong launch lineup, considering all the games the 3DS and Wii U are apparently being deprived of
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.