[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinion of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: fallout-4-logo.jpg (72 KB, 1397x708) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-logo.jpg
72 KB, 1397x708
Give me your honest opinion of this game
>>
-Conversations don't matter. You could be the biggest douche and conversations, to a fault, will end just about the same either way.

-Anything you do doesn't matter. The endings hardly change.

-Lots to explore, see, and look at.

-You'll honestly only want to play through it once.

-Stealth builds are remarkably broken.

-It overall feels incomplete, or lacking. However to be fair, New Vegas felt the same way until they added the four addons which made it feel more wholesome and complete.

-"Mods will fix it."
>>
>>320755537
It's the best fallout game made to date.
>>
I don't like this game, let's play something else
>>
I'll get over the things I don't like about it after the goty edition is on sale for $7.50.
>>
>>320755537
Extremely shallow and mostly empty. Combat is the best it's ever been in a Bethesda game, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>320755537

nothing to do beyond the main quest, no incentive to replay it. Nothing is fleshed out, the FPS part is lacking compared to NV (which at least had different ammo types), the RPG part is nonexistent by design, the settlement building is barebones and boring

ultimately it's a $15 game billed at $60
>>
>mods will fix it
>>
>>320755537
Its a 6/10
Positives:
Gunplay
Crafting
Map
Negatives
no depth
not that many side quests
no side factions
Map is made up of super mutants and raiders
Not that much content after you beat the game
Voice actor
Shit characters

5/10 played 60 hours it left a bittertaste in my mouth after I finished it
>>
>>320755537

1&2>3>4

That's all you need to know.
>>
bad fallout
bad rpg
fun game with some rpg elements tho
>>
>>320758082
so much this
>>
where da fukkin sidequests at mayne
>>
File: 1450058217980.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1450058217980.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>enter a pre-war military building
>open a safe
>find bottlecaps and a pipe pistol

>enter a part of Vault 81 that was not discovered until now
>open a locker
>find bottlecaps and a pipe pistol
>>
more combat mechanics with dulled down rpg mechanics
7/10 for my first fallout game
>>
>>320758470
This.
Seriously the gunplay/crafting is fun, but Bethesda needs more than one loot table.
>>
Only thing I enjoyed so far was the character customization. Everything else just kind of seems "Meh".
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (947 KB, 2250x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
947 KB, 2250x1000
No choice,
No quests
No interesting locations
No emotion
No weapons

the list goes on, it is not a Fallout.
>>
>>320755537
Fucking awesome RPG for casual faggots who didnt ever played New Vegas, Witcher 3 or any actually good RPG
>>
I wasn't a fan of three, I beat it but I thought it was meh... this game absorbed my life for like 250 hours, and I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Still, it's a motherfucking time commitment.
>>
It's a solid game, 8/10. The RPG elements are toned down quite a bit from previous games but the combat mechanics and crafting make it fun. DLC, mods, and patches will make the game better.

This is one of those games /v/ likes to hate until 6 months post release where they flip the switch.
>>
Shit
>>
It's both amazing and fucking terrible at the same time.
Bethesda really didn't do any QC though. Fuck them, they knew the game would sell like hotcakes so they half-assed it.
>>
It was alright, logged about 40 hours into the game and beat the main story but I can't be bothered to go back to look for weapons I won't use or build settlements I'll never visit.

All in all, not worth the money.
>>
There's nothing to do besides explore dungeons filled with nothing but raiders, mutants and ghouls

Even Skyrim wasn't this bad
>>
An empty set piece, designed for the lowest common denominator masquerading itself as a deep and complex narrative based and mechanically deep piece of entertainment.

A game that, if you take at face value is worth its weight in gold. Yet after you started to pile up the little things that take away, you end up with a whole lote missing.
>>
>be level 37
>run stealth build
>approach behemoth
>prepare my trusty 10mm pistol, upgraded with only the finest shit and named 'nigger destroyer'
>prepare to rip off about 15 percent through opening shots and then wreck its shit with my infinitely stacking bleeding mini gun
>open fire
>mfw two shot a behemoth with a 10mm pistol
>mfw other people would just Fatman it
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>320755537
I revealed around 80% of the icons on the map, completed the main story, and did around 1/3rd of the non-faction related quests in a little over 20 hours. I could probably 100% the non faction quests in under 40, probably under 30 if I rushed. I did all of this with a non combat build, which is remarkably useless and basically just meant I was playing on very hard.

I don't count the faction quests because they are the worst, most asininely basic quests out there, consisting of random "go to X and kill Y".

The worst AI I've seen in ages. I killed an alpha deathclaw by standing in a doorway. It's AI couldn't find a path to me so it just stood there while I shot it in the head for a solid minute. My companions would get lost all the fucking time and probably shot more walls than enemies. Special mention goes to the Vertibird pilots. In over 20 hours I saw a grand total of 1 Vertibird that did not crash.
>>
The dialogue is too fucking gay.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.