[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Souls series = real difficulty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: talk-to-the-hand.png (314 KB, 490x703) Image search: [Google]
talk-to-the-hand.png
314 KB, 490x703
Souls series = real difficulty
>>
>>320749269
>Expects difficulty out of any RPG
>>
>>320749269
People call it hard when really, its more of a challenging than hard.

Chalenging punishes ya for being unprepared and out of the mindset for it, you prepared and its fine and dandy. Hard just fucks ya if yer prepared or not, with skill being the only factor in how to defeat it.
>>
File: 1411818782295.jpg (27 KB, 526x578) Image search: [Google]
1411818782295.jpg
27 KB, 526x578
>>320749269
>Apparently Difficulty is the only reason people play the Souls games
>>
>>320749560
getting out of cheap mobs the games like to throw at you does require some skill, I agree.
>>
As opposed to what, artificial?
>>
Souls games are more like rhytm games than Action rpg. Roll, attack, roll, attack etc.
>>
They're only difficult because of the muddy controls and strange button allocation. Once you figure that much out, it's like any other numbers game.
>>
>>320750229
This. When I first played it I at least expected responsive controls.

My friend asked if I had heavy armour equipped or something, to which I responded no.

I think I just had very different expectations of responsiveness.
>>
>>320750094
>this retard actually thought that this was a clever thing to write
wow
>>
Are there people that legitimately think the Souls games are actually difficult? I mean they aren't piss easy, but they sure as shit aren't hard either.
>>
>>320750229
In what way was the button allocation strange? Its so easy to pick up, it was designed for a controller. I would understand if you criticized a PC game with about 50 different keyboard shortcuts for that, but why a console game?
>>
>>320750726
A lot of people think the controls are 'unresponsive' because you can't cancel out of your attacks with a dodge or whatever once it has started. Also, it remembers your input when you're in the middle of one action - for example if you hit dodge when you're in the middle of an attack animation, you will roll right after the animation finishes, possibly a full second after you actually hit dodge.
The devs did this for a reason though.
>>
>>320752373
He's sort of right though
>>
>>320752702
Understandable it wants you to carefully consider each move.

But my main issue was it felt like no matter what I did I was slow. Maybe I'm to use to Platimum stuff and God Of War.
>>
>>320749686
>new five nights at Freddy's character leak.jpeg
>>
>>320753038
I only look video of souls. And yes it's just a slow beat'em all.
>>
>>320753004
>Rhythm game with no music except for during boss fights
Yeah, now I see it

If you think that a game is like a rhythm game because you have to time your actions, you are dumb.
>>
>>320753038
Yep, it was designed to be slow paced. Attacks have a long wind up and cool down, and they deal a tone of damage, so you are encouraged to move slowly and carefully. That's why a lot of people find it hard I think, they treat the game like a normal hack and slash. I heard that bloodborne is faster but I haven't played it because no PS4
>>
>>320753307
Why do you think people want to read your shitty posts? Your opinion is completely worthless and you don't even know english
>>
>>320753662
I understood the mechanics but had never played it. So when I did I was stumped that only did I have to contend with that but how the character controlled as well.

Once I got the stats for the pike I became a lazy Leonidas.

Poke poke, die die etc.
>>
>>320753743
Souls pleb detected.
>>
>>320754017
>I only look at video of souls
Fuck off
>>
>>320754241
Your game is shit and turn you to assholes.
>>
>>320754548
>Game I've never played is shit!!!
Why are you even alive
>>
>>320752479
I think a lot of it is artificial difficulty. I've noticed that the only bosses that give me trouble are the mob types.
>>
File: a3LrvKm_700b_v1[1].jpg (108 KB, 700x1070) Image search: [Google]
a3LrvKm_700b_v1[1].jpg
108 KB, 700x1070
>>320754548
This is what it does. And the 9gag URL is pretty fucking apt in this context.
>>
File: gaping.gif (3 MB, 368x208) Image search: [Google]
gaping.gif
3 MB, 368x208
>Souls
>hard
lmao tbqhwy famille
>>
>>320754828
Ho souls fan don't like critics. Souls is a boring beat'em all. It has no rythm. It's just dodge hit dodge hit... Just boring.
>>
>>320755552
>it's not hard when you play through it 1000 times and get fully upgraded super strong weapons really fast!

Niggers are literally this retarded.
>>
>>320755624
Your opinion is completely worthless because you haven't played the game.

I really can't understand why people do this. Why waste your time in threads you don't understand?
>>
>>320756267
Except that guy did it on a starter playthrough with a weapon you can get about a quarter of the way into the game at level 1 at almost no health with a slow wind-up attack right in the Gaping Dragons' face.
>>
>>320756579
1. He did not do it at level 1. You're retarded. You can't have the stuff he has on him at level 1.

2. The low health is required for the red tearstone ring to boost damage

3. He has a buff that takes a long time to get.

4.He's in ng+(x)

The average person playing through this won't be able to do this type of thing retard.
>>
>>320756579
>Using a miracle you can't get until a bit past halfway through the game
>Using a combo of items that can't be used unless you grind to utter shit.
>>
>>320756886
Shit I certainly can't. First time in this series and I'm plebing out pretty badly.
>>
>>320756402
I have play a lot of beat'em all. I can judge one without playing it.
>>
>>320757447
You know that beat'em all isn't a genre right? And dark souls isn't a beat'em up (if thats what you meant), you would know if you actually bothered to play the game you're talking about.

learn english you stupid cunt
>>
>>320757967
>You know that beat'em all isn't a genre right?
It's a genre. You're stupid... oh wait you're a soulfag, you can't understand such things.

Yes souls are beat'em up.
>>
>>320758350
>It's a genre.
Nope
>Yes souls are beat'em up.
Nope. You haven't played it.
>>
>>320758772
OK you know nothing about vidya. Go play your shitty souls game.
>>
>>320758350
souls is "character action game", like god of war and assassin's creed
>>
>>320759007
>You know nothing about [game you have played and I have not]. I know so much about videogames, I watch them on youtube!
This is too funny. This has been great bait, it caught me at first
>>
>>320759163
You're ridiculous. God of War is the reference for 3D beat'em up. I will repeat myself. Stop it, you're an ignorant.
Action game is not a genre.

>>320759398
So soulsfans are not just pretentious morons, they're also people who ignore everything about vidya.
>>
File: Clipboard02.png (5 KB, 548x351) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.png
5 KB, 548x351
>>320759478
>Stop it, you're an ignorant.
you stop it, you're ignorant
>Action game is not a genre.
beat em up is a subgenre of action
>>
>>320759478
>guy who doesn't know basic grammar calling me a moron
lol
I'm going to copy this bait later
Step 1. Type like a retard who doesn't know basic English
Step 2. Act like an obnoxious cunt who firmly believes his opinion is correct, even though he has never even played the game he is talking about

Simple two step bait, it is so perfect
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.