[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Dirt Rally? Does anybody here play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: subaru.jpg (638 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
subaru.jpg
638 KB, 1920x1200
What does /v/ think of Dirt Rally? Does anybody here play it? Is it good? I was going to get it but then I saw the PCGamer review and now I'm not so sure.
>>
It is really fun with a wheel.
>>
It's fucking amazing. I'm loving it, the handling feels great. Not to many car options nor modifications but the gameplay is awesome.
>>
>>320746392
Its a real trip to play on a racing wheel and I'm glad they got rid of the dudebro shit from the previous installments. Can't speak to the accuracy physics though, since its been a while since I've played the original Dirt and I'm still in the first event..
>>
>>320746825
I only have an Xbox 360 controller that I use to play racing games with, I know it's not optimal but it's what I'm used to, not sure if I would get used to a wheel. How's the controller support?
>>
>>320746959
I hated it
>>
>>320746392
vroom vroom tut tut
>>
>>320746392
the best game of this year, buy it
>>
>>320746392
>PCGamer review

>Reviewer Doesn't know how to turn off assists and thinks every car handles the same despite the massive difference in driving styles needed for each drivetrain type
>Reviewer Doesn't know there's massive differences in surface types especially when assists are off
>People found his steam account and found he only played the game for three hours

Ignore it. Game is GOTY good.
>>
>>320746392
i dont like how you can use mouse to look around
>>
>>320747863
cant use the mouse to look around*
>>
>>320746392
When I tried it I thought the dirt sections were passible but the handling on tarmac felt terrible. Almost as bad as Grid. That was when it was first available and I don't know if they've fixed it yet.
>>
>>320748339
there have been alot of updates since then
>>
>>320747696
>People found his steam account and found he only played the game for three hours

And they call this professional journalism.
>>
>>320748504
Any of them fix the handling physics?
>>
>>320746825
What's a good wheel?

I also want to use the wheel on xbone
>>
>>320748764
I've been loving my G25 for close to 7 years now.
>>
>>320748764
G27 is pretty good, but I'm not sure if you could use it on Xbone, maybe with an adapter.
>>
>>320747696
Don't forget

>Only played the game for three hours
>>
>>320747696
Show his account, I wanna know if he has set any passable times or that he is a shitter who cannot finish a stage without crashing into literally everything.
>>
>>320748764
The fucking expensive G29 works for both PC and Xbone, I think. But it's fucking expensive.

I don't know if the adapter for the G27 will work for Xbone.
>>
It's probably the best rallying game that isn't RBR.

The cars are quite accurately captured, especially the difficulty of driving a RWD in low grip situations.

The stages portray the locations well, especially the narrow parts of Greece and Wales. The scale of gravel rally stages is far more realistic than Dirt 2 and 3.

I play with a g27 and a trackir and it's a lot of fun, the first couple of times I drove the faster cars, I felt real fear.

I bought it EA day one, played 200+ hours of it and I can't wait to play in the new snow stages.
>>
>>320748658
I use Impact FFB which tweaks the feedback to be more useful than the bleak bumps you used to get before.
>>
It really depends on how much you love vrrrvrroooovrooooovvvrrrooppffffvrrrrvvrrrrppprrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffvrrrrrrrvrrrrvrooooooovrooooooooovrooooooppppffffppfpppppvvrrrrroooooo. It's not arcade though, so better prepare your anus. Aside from that it's more or less just another Colin McRae Rally. It runs well, it handles well, it has the basic customization you expect from a racing game when it comes to assitance and stuff (you gotta disable that). Sound is remarkable for a racing title - in particular in 1st person cockpit view.
I think the only thing annoying are the co-pilot voices - they should have included a sexy demon loli instead of some fag who tells you how to take your turns just so you end up ingoring him and freestyle drift through that motherfucker.
>>
>>320748764
G27 or Thrustmaster T150 for PC
Thrustmaster TX for Xbone
>>
>>320747696
>playing with assists on
>taking out what makes rally games fun
I bet he drives automatic too.
>>
>>320747696
I turned off the assists in the 1st hour of play because I couldn't stand the awful auto turning and oversteer. I don't understand why people deliberately play with assists on, it's so much worse, even for casuals.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.