[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo CEO Says Amiibo Will Play Bigger Role In Its Vi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: 1443455442524.jpg (75 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
1443455442524.jpg
75 KB, 545x576
>Nintendo CEO Says Amiibo Will Play Bigger Role In Its Video Game Business

Thoughts?

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/17/nintendo-ceo-says-amiibo-will-play-bigger-role-in-its-video-game-business/comment-page-1/
>>
"A bigger role" what does that mean?
>>
Fuck, I've never liked them.
>>
So the 100 year plan of nintendo is back?
nintendo naughty trading cards
and 'naughty' amiboes
>>
File: sad-01.jpg (152 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
sad-01.jpg
152 KB, 700x467
>>320743339
I feel bad about collecting them. I didn't want any of this I just wanted toys...
>>
anyone got the link where he says people are buying amiboos for the wrong reason
>>
Nintendo is dead to me

Do not regret selling the Wii U after e3 and throwing the 3DS in the trash
>>
I'm surprised it took them this long to realize that their fans had an interest in owning things related to their IPs OUTSIDE OF JUST GAMES.
>>
It's the new DLC. You fags bought it and now they're forcing it.
>>
>>320745486
>implying people buy amiibos for the content
>>
>>320745197
I bought them for the figures! right now they're in a glass case I can't open cause I lost the key. at least they look nice.
>>
>>320745586
No I'm not implying that. I'm stating directly that people bought it. Put down the memes and go back to school.
>>
>>320745486

>It's not okay if Nintendo does it
>But it's ok of Skylanders and Disney does it :^)
>Both are much worse because they're mandatory to use in order to play the games they're featured in

Not saying Nintendo's done this themselves with Mario Party 10 with the Amiibo mode, and Amiibo Fest.

Even then they're buying em because they're the closest thing to figures you'll get.
>>
>>320745586
I wish Nintendo would get a clue

No problem with amiibos themselves
Just the faggotry behind them
>>
>>320745773
Seriously, what are you fags reading where you think I'm making implications of any sort? I know it's the weekend, but reading comprehension still matters.
>>
>>320745841

Jakks makes figures, but the problem is it's 95% Mario shit, the other 5% being Zelda, Metroid, DK, and Star Fox. Guess how fucking hard it is to get em?
>>
>>320743339
Some things that have happened after Iwata's death
>game production has slowed to a crawl
>games are censored based on the feelings of the Treehouse faggots
>abandoned Wii U for NX
>much higher emphasis on Amiibos instead of games
Iwata died without actually fixing things properly, and the new boss isn't respected enough letting people at NOA to butcher the games, and now this bigger amiibo push.
>>
>>320743515
It means that every Nintendo game will require Amiibos now to unlock all the content.
>>
File: 1444477744074.jpg (12 KB, 426x314) Image search: [Google]
1444477744074.jpg
12 KB, 426x314
>>320746457
Nintendo died with Iwata
>>
>>320746551

Wrong. It ADDS content.
>>
>>320746795
No, it unlocks content.
That content could easily have been in the game, but they made it so you had to buy some shitty toy
>>
>>320746457
>new boss isn't respected enough
He was the head of NoA before Reggie.
>>
>>320746795
I'm eagerly waiting to see you continue shilling Nintendo when you have to buy Amiibos to 100% their games.
>>
>>320743339
>"But gaijin, this is what you wanted, a Nintendo that has the funds to make good games."
"B-but I didn't want it to go down like this Mr. Kimishima."
>Kimishima blows an enormous puff of cigar smoke. "Sometimes, there need to be some sacrifices here or there. Making the mother of all omeletes, gaijin, can't fret over every egg. You do understand, right?"
"But Kimishima-"
>"You WILL understand."

This is the price of the path that he's taking Nintendo on.
>>
>>320747090
you mean like splatoon where half of the singleplayer content is locked behind amiibos?
>>
>>320747137
SOOOOOOOO ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm emulation/cfw?
>>
File: 1363644269165.jpg (54 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
1363644269165.jpg
54 KB, 264x379
why couldn't Amiibo just be another shitty failure like the e-Reader?
>>
File: 1408919362658.jpg (249 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1408919362658.jpg
249 KB, 500x500
>>320745773
People defended Skylanders?
>>
>>320743339
I hope they do more amiibo stuff like Smash, Mairo Tennis, and Codename Steam, where the amiibo itself acts a helpful buddy or even a new playable character. I would bitch about stuff like locking new content like stages for weapons (like Splatoon and Shovel Knight), but the stock issues have been resolved since Yakuza took over so there's no real reason to complain about that anymore.

There will inevtiably be an amiibo-centric game that isn't Animal Crossing Party bullshit. Hopefully if we get a Disney Infinity-esque game it isn't total garbage.
>>
>>320743339
Their games were going to shit anyways.
>>
File: 1412449719922.png (2 MB, 987x720) Image search: [Google]
1412449719922.png
2 MB, 987x720
>>320747402
Because the e-reader was a piece of shit that barely worked, while the Amiibo system does.

Also, most older Nintendo fans already left Nintendo a long time ago during the N64 and later eras, so only new kids and the hardcore autists stayed. Trust me, I am one of them. Not for long if they keep pulling shit like this though
>>
>>320743339
K.

That's all I needed.

I now officially dislike Nintendo.

They used to be cool back then but now they are trying to jew everyone by forcing them to spend thousands of dollars with dolls.
>>
>>320745773
Go fucking fuck yourself.

First off, Skylanders was always looked down upon to some degree before Amiibo were a thing. Don't try to push the idea that /v/ has ever had the general opinion that Skylanders is okay. Fuck off with this revisionist history horseshit

Second, no, Amiibo is worse because they're a cancer to multiple games instead of just one.

If I want to buy an Activision game, I don't have to think about how I'm missing fucking content because I don't own several little bits of $15 worth of cheap plastic crap for every single game. If I buy that Transformers game Platinum did with Activision, will it have content tied to a fucking Transformers Skylander? No it won't.

Meanwhile, as a Nintendo fan, almost everything I've bought from them in the past two years, and almost everything I will buy from them in the forseeable future will have content tied to amiibo from day one

>But it's cosmetics
No. It fucking isn't. Several games have had missions (Splatoon), modes (Smash) or even full characters (Codename Steam) locked behind amiibos.

Amiibo are 10x worse than Skylanders not because "Skylanders is okay" but because Skylanders is at least a self fucking contained cancer. If I want no part in it, I just don't buy a Skylanders game. With amiibo the only way to not be impacted by them is to not own anything Nintendo has done in the past two years, or for the foreseeable future.

You fucking stupid child.
>>
>>320748105
>the e-reader was a piece of shit that barely worked
I have distinct memories of those shitty pokemon mini-games working just fine
>>
This is your fault /v/, who the fuck buys DLC for games they don't own or no intention of playing said DLC? No one, that's right, but it's ok to support the cancers of Nintendo, they have PHYSICAL DLC, they're the good guys!
>>
>>320746786
*Yamauichi

FTFY
>>
>>320748105
e-Reader worked just fine, the problem was that the cards held fuck all for data.
>>
>>320748450
>(Smash)

Not that anon and I'm not disagreeing with anything else, but Smash does not have any mode locked behind amiibo. You can fight them and they learn and adapt better, and are generally tougher than level 9 CPUs.

>But I can't play on a higher difficulty because of the amiibos.

If you're goal is to get better at the game, simply fighting high-level CPUs isn't going to do a whole lot of good. It will do you leagues better to research combos and techs for your mains as well as practice against actual players if you can find a local FGC (which considering Smash's popularity shouldn't prove difficult at all). None of that requires you to buy an amiibo

If you're just playing casually/for funzies amiibo and CPU make no difference

Everything else about your post I agree with.
>>
Too late to capitalize now as skylanders legi demensions and others have diluted the market.
>>
>>320745397
>Selling the Wii U
Ok
>throwing 3ds into the trash
Are you insane?
>>
Nintendo has done nothing but shit the bed this year. I don't have high hopes for the NX at all. Most of their money comes from software anyways, hopefully they'll go 3rd party soon.
>>
File: 1444073587546.gif (252 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1444073587546.gif
252 KB, 700x700
I love nintendo but I have to say, amiibos were never impressive. They're just some rare, overpriced dolls. And now they want to grab my money so badly. I'd give you more respect and probably more money if you didn't try to forcefully take it like this.

amiibos should be add-on content and optional to buy, they should not be mandatory.
>>
>>320743339
Why are you so retarded that you can construct a proper sentence, with child-grade grammar and not capitalising every word like some sort of hamstung-retard?
>>
>>320748450
The characters in steam are basically just mishmashed clones of other characters.

Marth's attacks are similar to subweapons and his special is literally Tiger Lilly's heal special.
Don't know about Ike (don't have him) but I heard that his Aether is just John Henry's special.
Robin's long range attack is basically The Fox's rifle but with an explosion that can't hit weak points, his Thunder sword is unique as far as I can tell, and his special is functionally the same as Queequeg's Harpoon throw.
Lucina's Parallel Falchion is the same as the Lion Launcher, Nidhogg is the same as one of the later subweapons and Awakening is the same as Dorothy's special.
>>
>>320749468
They are not mandatory you stupid fucking moron
>>
>>320749316
3DS is worse than the Wii U didn't even feel like selling, wanted to to get rid of it and nobody wanted it
>>
>>320746968
Source?
>>
File: 1438015850665.gif (2 MB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1438015850665.gif
2 MB, 240x232
>>320752504
Can't schism the 'tism
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.