[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games are worth playing in this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Command_&_Conquer.jpg (30 KB, 600x276) Image search: [Google]
Command_&_Conquer.jpg
30 KB, 600x276
I find it kind of embarrassing since I am a huge RTS fan that I have never given C&C a chance being the only big name RTS franchise I haven't played. From my research it appears that the first two Red Alerts and their expansions and the first three Tiberean and their expansions are the ones worth playing.

What about Red Alert 3 and the C&C4: Tiberian Twilight? Are those that bad?

What about Generals?
>>
If you want to get into C&C, play RA2 and TibSun first. Then you can play RA1, C&C1, C&C3, Generals, RA3 (it's not THAT bad), Renegade and respective addons.
Avoid C&C4.
>>
>>320740234
Every game aside from C&C 4 is good.

Warning, if you want to play the original 2 games, you're best served downloading their ISOs and making them work.
OpenRA exists, but it changes the games completely, lacks cutscenes and campaign hub, post-mission charts, most of the campaigns, etc.

That's not saying it's bad, but it's not the original experience.

You may have heard that RA3 is bad and it's simply a matter of idiotic fans which C&C, being a massive franchise, has a metric ton of.
>>
>>320740234
Its even better since many of the older games like the original 95 is now freeware online.
>>
>>320740234
RA2 is king
>>
>>320740234
Generals is C&C in name only

It's not a bad game, but it plays totally different
>>
>>320740850
OpenRA support campaigns yet?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8U0kPfAWp8
>>
>>320741204
Shit. Failed to read. Any plans for campaigns to be supported in the near future?
>>
>>320741307
Sorry for late reply.

Yeah, they're slowly adding the missions but they don't even have a save implemented at this point.

Playing OpenRA really comes down to the multiplayer, since even if CnCNet allows you to play the original games online, they are every bit as unbalanced as back in the day and only really fun among friends.
>>
Start from the beginning and play them all.

Watch the inception of Westwood Studio's brilliance, giving rise to some of the best games made in human history, only for it to come crashing down when EA takes over.

Just that is worth as much as an experience as the games are.
>>
>>320743041
>only for it to come crashing down when EA takes over.

It wasn't EA who killed Westwood.
They really did it themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDjdkpV3Cyw&list=PL3EE1E8405210B4BE
>>
Thanks for all the recs, loves. Which ones are freeware at this point?

>>320743041
Interesting...
>>
>>320742368
What, do you have heavy tank? :(
>>
>>320744963
Maybe I missed the setting but until RA2 there was no speed setting and even TA feels slow as fuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.