[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without going off the opinions of other people/reviews, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: good_battlefront_pic.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
good_battlefront_pic.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Without going off the opinions of other people/reviews, what does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>320735750
I love it. Maybe because i'm not much a multiplayer fag, and more a star wars fag.

It feels like you're playing the star wars movies.

Sure it's not perfect, no game is. But it's the only multiplayer game i play ATM.

I only wish matchmaking was a little better for the PC, it's really hard to get into a game sometimes.
>>
It's a disappointment. Where's Galactic Conquest, or even just a way where you can fuck with bots besides a shitty horde mode?
>>
>>320735750
I like it, but it still lacks an inexcusable amount of content.

EA had the chance to make an amazing game, the certainly got the looks and sounds nailed down. but the game is bare bones, with half of the mutliplayer modes being shitty.

Not having a single player, or at least an online co-op mode is just down right lazy too. It's not a true Battlefront game. That said, I still find it fun to play after a long day at work. I can just get right into it.
>>
>>320736102
>It feels like you're playing the star wars movies.
No it doesn't. The battles are very tiny. The stormtroopers are totally nonsensical. The AT-ATs are manlet sized. Darth Vader sounds like a retard. It's shit. Just pray they reskin Battlefield with the sequel in 3 years.
>>
It has no content because Disney is being a jewful jew and it's going to milk every license, second, feature and design that resembles Star Wars something to the bone, and EA can't go overboard with the license. I'm pretty sure of it, and also because EA accepted it because it's less work for them for twice the asking price.

Disney and EA are the dark side, no wonder they're together.
>>
Looks great but I got bored after playing a few hours of the beta and by all accounts the full game isn't much deeper at all. Also, the full game costs $120.
>>
File: 1450143434719.jpg (15 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
1450143434719.jpg
15 KB, 443x332
It just makes me realize how much promise BF2 had and and how shooters have lost their way by exlusively focusing on arcade-y, everyone-gets-a-sniper-rifle multiplayer (no couch co-op included)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIzqv_JvIQ
>>
>>320735750
If it wasn't called Battlefront and was called something else my opinion would have changed slightly towards more favorable

However a game made a decade ago has more content, this game butchered the name "battlefront"

Honestly the game should have properly marketed itself as Battlefield with Star Wars skin

Nut what hurts the game the most is how limited your play options are, even in Battlefield anything can happen on any map but not for this game, it feels like I'm replaying the same shit over and over again

I want to love this game but I just can't
>>
>>320735750
Gameplay is fun, really gives an authentic feeling of "this is Star Wars."

There's so little content map wise though it's not even funny. There also needs to be a bit of weapon balancing and as there is, there's about as many freakin' lock ons as BF4.
>>
>>320740263
Why do games need to have more and more and more content after each installment. Do you know how much more costly and time consuming it is to make assets for a game like Bfront 2015 as opposed to Bfront 2005?
>>
>>320740597
Games in a series should build off what was successful to the franchise. It's OK to trim things that didn't work if you can't rework them into an enjoyable state, but Battlefront is weak content wise even by itself, let alone compared to the previous installments.
>>
>So casual even normies didn't like it
>MP only, and the servers are already barren
>>
>>320740597
the inverse also applies, why should games sacrifice content from previous games that has a lot of potential just for graphics that will be dated in a few years anyway?
>>
>>320735750
It's shit. Probably better than Rainbow Six Siege but still shit.
>>
If you want to get it then go through Mexican origin for the cheapest price.

I have had a lot of fun with it especially with friends. My favorite mode is the Heroes vs Villians.

I just wish there was more content especially in the co-op area. Why the fuck is there a tutorial for speeder bikes yet there isnt actually a dedicated mode for it? Makes no sense.
>>
>>320736607
>>320738253
There's a lot of criticism of content, but that seems like an intuitive compensation for how shallow the gameplay is.

>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
>>320740770
Nobody wants to play a game with graphics from 2005 when it's 2015.
>>
Got it for my birthday and it's good, shame all the best unlocks are gained at higher levels but if you like star wars and online shooters you'll be happy with it
>>
File: 1450408326969.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1450408326969.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320740893
Even if matchmaking worked perfectly, the problem is the core gameplay.

Now that most players have the DL-44 and various 1-shot star cards, players don't tend to live that long. Low player life spans wouldn't be a huge problem if there was some way to adapt to the challenges each map presents, but there isn't. No squads, no voip, no control over spawning locations, no choice but sprinting mindlessly along with the rest of the wave to the fight which, if on the right map, could be as much as 200 meters. The inability to at least bring in multiple hands to each match means if you brought in a hand that isn't particularly useful, you're fucked and since there are no support based star cards, the only way to help your teammates is to kill the enemy better, meaning new players are dead weight to any team, where in Battlefield, they could at least throw down medkits or ammo.

The game slapped together the worst parts of Battlefield and Call of Duty. New players are put at the bottom of a totem pole of sodomy and there's no real way to overcome it as a team. The game treats its players the same way Hardline treats the collapsing crane in its main map; a big set piece, predetermined to do certain things and given no real purpose beyond making trailers and Lets Play footage enticing.

>>320740597
It's more of how the game plays than the few maps, at least for a decently sized demographic.
>>
>>320735750
Mediocre. Most of the game is just another generic FPS, only you play as a storm trooper instead of an army guy.

OK fun for a few hours, but gets old fast. Worth buying for 15-20$, but certainly not the $120 they're asking.
>>
>>320740893
Roll was an awful mechanic that paired with the atrocious hitreg in the original games meant everyone ran the rocket launcher class to reliably hit the roll spaming niggers in multiplayer.
>>
>>320740923
Bullshit. If Battlefront III had 2005 graphics in 1080p, no pop-in out the ass 50 vs 50 players with a fuckload of shit to do normies would eat it up.
>>
File: freedom.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
freedom.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>320741078
>not getting gud
Getting rapport with what's going on in the match is skillfulness.
>>
>>320741094
Ha, nice joke.
>>
>>320739271
vader's voice clips are fucking fantastic goosebumps tier. Absolutely end yourself
>>
Would be good with more content, bigger battles, no powerups or at least less random.
>>
>>320740923
compare the number of people playing CS:GO to the number of people playing the new Battlefront then
>>
https://youtu.be/ljvmY7I75Ec
>>
>>320741167
Also all the weapons are generic as fuck. There's no massive difference between them all.
>>
File: pwnd.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
pwnd.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320741078
>>320741157
Also, the hitboxes are fucking tight, and the hitreg is on point.
>>
>>320741175
Different target demographics.
>>
>>320741273
Well, setting the target demographic is a part of R&D, so EA/DICE actually paid money to have a lower player count.. and apparently quite a bit to make quite a shallow game.
>>
I like it.

I just wish it had more gameplay features and have it's vehicles feel like vehicles. Those and having it renamed to something else besides battlefront.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.