[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legacy of Kain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: LegacyOfKain_Logo.png (118 KB, 666x151) Image search: [Google]
LegacyOfKain_Logo.png
118 KB, 666x151
Which one is the best, /v/?
>>
>>320734468
Best: Blood Omen 1
Worst: Blood Omen 2
>>
>>320734795
>Best: Blood Omen 1
I'm inclined to agree. I also think the story was better off left there, although I like the first Soul Reaver a lot.

The narrative takes a dive into being a total clusterfuck with Soul Reaver 2.
>>
>>320734468
The absolute best? While I enjoyed them all greatly, I'm inclined to say Blood Omen 1. Just hearing Kain's internal dialogue, narration, and comments about everything was just so fucking great.
>>
Soul Reaver 1
>>
>>320734468
>>
>>320734795
>Blood Omen 2
I was really hoping this one would be as good as the first one.
>>
Every entry is good since it plays like a single magnum opus.
>>
I tried to play Blood Omen and Soul Reaver, but I really couldn't be bothered to finish them. I'm told by everyone that they play like ass, but the story is worth it, yet I don't I'll ever be able to finish them because of how much of a slog the games are.
>>
File: 1435041966356.jpg (1007 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
1435041966356.jpg
1007 KB, 1484x2158
Reminder that Dead Sun almost came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI
>>
>>320734795
Excuse me, I made a mistake.
Worst: Nosgoth
>>
>>320737398
Based Square Enix made the right choice in cancelling this trash
>>
>>320737257
Blood Omen and Soul Reaver are unpolished but the gameplay in those two are mostly solid. If you don't care for them I don't know what to tell you.

Soul Reaver picks up a fair bit after you acquire the wraith blade. It makes combat less irritating.
>>
>>320737398
Reminder that it's a disgrace
>>
>>320737398
Am I suppose to be sad that we avoided a massive ebola breakout?
>>
I think Defiance was the most fun.

Picking niggers up with psychic powers was neat
>>
>Blood Omen
Masterpiece, will forever be remembered as one of the best story telling games ever made.

>Soulreaver
Mediocre, blatantly unfinished was rehashed into a LoK game from another game, story was basic and lackluster but not bad, had a decent amount of exploration. gained enough popularity to get a sequel.

>Soulreaver 2
Horrible game, shit story, linear gameplay, even more unfinished than the first game.

>Blood Omen 2
Another rehashed game, contrived plot barely fits into any of the other games plot, complete mess of a game both story and mechanically.

>Defiance
Desperate attempt to fix loose ends and plot holes, fails horribly. abysmal game was the final nail in the coffin that killed the series.
>>
>>320737398
What the fuck were they even trying to accomplish?
>>
>>320737841
I think you're being a little too hard on the first Soul Reaver, but it definitely has a lot of problems.
>>
Blood omen had the best story, but the gameplay was a garbage zelda clone
>>
File: 1396280429387.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1396280429387.png
20 KB, 560x407
>>320737398
looks better than anything after Blood Omen
>>
>>320739126
Blood Omen was A Link To The Past
Soul Reaver was Ocarina of Time
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.