[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which strategy game (turn-based or real time) has the best undead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: jXiqsEC.png (974 KB, 588x728) Image search: [Google]
jXiqsEC.png
974 KB, 588x728
Which strategy game (turn-based or real time) has the best undead faction? I'm tired of Warcraft 3's bullshit.
>gargoyles
>not even undead, they're closer to golems
>ghouls
>just corrupted and insane humans
>abominations
>corpse constructs, closer to golems than real undead
>skeletons
>mid and late game units, limited in time
>crypt fiend
>aren't actually fiend, don't really live in crypts, are basically corrupted giant bugs
>>
>>320726686
Dawn of War
>>
And why does 4chan tells me I went 404 when I created that thread?
>>
>>320726686
Myth.
>>
>>320726686
heroes of annihilated empire
>>
>>320726686
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>320728220
NIGHTMARE MODE ENGAGED
>>
>>320728220
How diversified are the undead in that game?
>>
>>320728791
Everything that can be killed can become undead.
Even hacked to pieces bodyparts might come back to life...
>>
>>320728997
I wish I could see that in more games. It probably makes undead a really fun race to play, right?
>>
>>320728791
Any corpse and certain parts of corpses can be reanimated. This can either happen if you're invaded by a necromancer from a nearby tower, or spontaneously if you settle in an evil enough region.
>>
>>320729147
You play dorfs, or other races when modded in. Undead creatures are only enemies that fuck you up. It's nigh on impossible to set up a proper meat industry in an evil region.

But yeah, they really stuck to the rules for undeath when they made it. I'm really bored of all the games where only humans can become zombies. And dogs too, because Resident Evil had those.

I'd love a game where a zombie epidemic breaks out in a zoo.
>>
>>320729147
It's pretty neat in adventure mode. I don't think very many people have played around with necromancy in fortress mode, because it's only really become possible in the latest update and doing it is kind of involved. I don't actually know if having your dwarves become necromancers can lead to conflicts inside your fort.
>>
>>320729531
In the latest version, if you build a library and keep a book containing the secrets of life and death there, your dwarves will read it.
>>
>>320729531
>>320729609
Ha, so it's not really a strategy game.
>>
>>320729729
It's generally closer to a city-building thing, although you do have a military with squads you can order around.
>>
>>320729943
I see. I'll have to give it a try one day. Other than Dwarf Fortress, any game where the undead are fun to play or interesting as a faction?
>>
>>320730051
Haven't played it, but I've heard good things about Dominions 3.
>>
File: 1430478940706.png (171 KB, 1104x724) Image search: [Google]
1430478940706.png
171 KB, 1104x724
>>320726686
>Which strategy game (turn-based or real time)
Heroes of Might and Magic III
>>
>>320729686
Can't remember setting up any libraries last time I played. Will do next time, thx for info.

>>320729729
City builders are a sub-genre of strategy.
And Adventure mode is of course like an RPG.
>>
>>320730135
Ha, yes. The fourth is out, and it's apparently very complete and has a lot of variety as far as units go.

>>320730284
I understand, but I'm mostly looking for a strategy game. In all strategies game I played so far, undead were boring as fuck, and even sometimes had not-undead units mixed in their factions.
>>
>>320730393
Good old Dungeon Keeper had a mod called undead keeper. Never played it though, but it might interest you.
Helps that DK is a fantastic game in it's own regard.
>>
>>320726686
>real undead

How retarded are you?
>>
There's also Disciples. The last game has a lot of varied and uniques undead units, like some giant crow called a psychopomp.
>>
>>320726686
>>crypt fiend
>>aren't actually fiend, don't really live in crypts, are basically corrupted giant bugs
but they look fiendish and they spawn from the crypt
>>
>>320730905
In posting that post you have very much shown how retarded *you* are.
>>
>>320731058
But they're more like civilized bugs that sold their souls.
>>
How about Ages of Wonders 3? There's a expansion with undead in it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.