[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phantom Pain Poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
Let's settle this once and for all, /v/.
What was The Phantom Pain's biggest/most unforgivable flaw?
http://strawpoll.me/6304743
>>
but all of those are huge flaws
>>
The repeat missions pissed me off the most.
I had the ending spoiled for me, though, so I'm biased.
>>
I quit early for all of those reasons. hard to pick
>>
No level creator

They showed it of at one point and made an area in like a minute

We wouldn't even fucking need remakes of MG1/MG2/MGS1/etc. since someone could just fucking remake them and put it online

The story being sparse is because the fans complained about mgs4, and mgs4 when in depth about everything because fans wanted closure

so really its your fault
>>
>>320684337
>(pick one)
it's not just one thing
>>
No ending bruv. There was a hole in my heart when I finished the story mode and that's that.
>>
It's just boring.
>>
>>320684337
The ending we got would have been fine if we actually had proper build up to it, like your Diamond Dog organization ends up turning into Outer Heaven, or fuck make the final boss fight actually be with Solid Snake. The way it just, happens, makes the whole ride feel like shit and not worth it. I did vote on the missions having nothing to do with the plot or turning Vic Boss into a Demon.
>>
>>320687087
The Level Creator was probably dumped because Konami were jews and didn't want people using the engine after only paying retail price for the game.
>>
>>320687087
>They showed it of at one point and made an area in like a minute

They were just showing how easy it was for devs to create levels using the Fox Engine though
>>
Nothing wrong with extreme and total stealth.
What sucked was their implementation.
They should have been optional difficulties for ALL missions.
>>
>"WE HAVE THE MOST SOPHISTICATED STEALTH MECHANICS EVER CREATED IN A VAST SANDBOX"

>TRANQ HEADSHOT/ROCKET PUNCH
>FULTON
MISSION DIVERSITY LOL
>>
The biggest flaw was box transporting and being dropped off under watch of two guys with no way to move without dropping stealth.
>>
>>320684337
The game was only good on a technical standpoint. They fucked up on every other single aspect.
>>
I honestly thought I skipped half the story when I did that mission where you extract Code Talker. The guy came out of motherfucking nowhere and I STILL don't understand why he's in goddamn Africa.
>>
>>320684337
>no ending
It DOES have an ending, the problem is that there's no build-up to it.

>>320687087
>They showed it of at one point and made an area in like a minute
That's the tool they yse to make the game, of course they are not releasing that.
>>
>>320688997
>There was a hole in my heart when I finished the story mode and that's that.
What a melodramatic little shit.
>>
My gripes:

>"twist" was spoiled for anyone with a brain 2 years before release
>but who is this enigmatic person that is NOT big boss? Solidus? grey fox? Who could it possibly be?! HYPE. Answer: some guy
>big boss going nuclear never explained
>miller getting angry because reasons
>ocelot turns to liquid because reasons
>completely ruining liquids character by having him meet "the boss"
>mother base is absolutely pointless
>entire point of game is to just fix one old ass plot hole that no one even gave a shit about
>parasites, son
>completely destroying the point of metal gear rex since apparently the technology to build a better metal gear had existed for decades
>powerlevels in general
>shota psycho mantis serves no purpose
>its magic i aint gotta explain shit
>no ending
>cut content
>capturing animals serve no purpose at all
>unfinished game
>main missions are just side missions but with one cutscene
>side missions repeat 400 times
>2 or 3 template for missions
>lack of cinematics for mgs standards
>repetitive
>lack of enphasis on story for mgs standards
>skull face is just some guy, that does evil shit for reasons
>"open world" is just bandit camps and sand
>chico and paz never mentioned again
>the bases and headquarters are dull and boring in comparisson to carefully crafted interiors from previous games
>no diversity in missions
>no hard hitting emotional moments like in the other games
>quiet is just some girl
>VENGEANCE, REVENGE, DEMONS, EVIL were all just buzzwords to generate hype, never actually felt anything of the sort during the game

I could go on
>>
>>320691670
>>chico and paz never mentioned again
Yeah they are. Chico is mentioned in a tape as being dead and "Paz" turns up for the wandering mother base soldiers side quest thing.
>>
>completely ruining liquids character by having him meet "the boss"
Dude, in MGS1 he tells you he met Big Boss at some point, he even tells you how he beat the shit of of him constantly.

>miller getting angry because reasons
Yeah, he just lost his home and his men, nothing more.

>ocelot turns to liquid because reasons
To fool the system they explain it in MGS4.

>completely destroying the point of metal gear rex since apparently the technology to build a better metal gear had existed for decades
Sahelanthropus was built over 9 years and with the Soviet Union's money, REX was designed to be cheap enough to mass produce it.

Except the entire fucking thing happens because of Mantis?
Without him Sahelanthropus wouldn't work.

>its magic i aint gotta explain shit
Exactly, there's no reason to explain magic, in fact, MGS4's need to explain everything is what made it so bad.

>no ending
There is, there's just no build up to it.

>lack of cinematics for mgs standards
>lack of enphasis on story for mgs standards
Probably in response to MGS4's overuse of cutscenes.

>chico and paz never mentioned again
Yes they are, you should try listening to the tapes before criticising the story.

>quiet is just some girl
>skull face is just some guy, that does evil shit for reasons
Does everything need to be connected for some reason?
>>
>>320691670
>VENGEANCE, REVENGE, DEMONS, EVIL were all just buzzwords to generate hype, never actually felt anything of the sort during the game

For real though. Talk about false advertisement.

lmao dude the whole game serves no purpose to the series.
>>
>>320692643
>For real though. Talk about false advertisement.

Remember how MGS2 was going to be another Solid Snake game?
>>
>>320684337
Honestly, Ground Zeroes coming out so much earlier should have already been a huge red flag.

Imagine how much better the game would have been if all of Ground Zeroes was just Chapter 1 of Phantom Pain? More cohesive narrative, less hype, less time to speculate about the ending which would make the ending more of a twist and less disappointing, no need for totally pointless missions to pad out the game. Combine that with no cut content including the fucking ending and the game would have been perfect.
>>
>>320692872
Dude, Ground Zeroes was supposed to happen after rescuing Kaz.
When he says ''Yeah, I remember it all.'' and shows you a flashback, that's when you'd play GZ.
>>
I couldn't really enjoy the game after a while (a long while, admittedly) because I felt pressured to build and defend my pointless lifeless motherbase in order to get some new gadgets, they were very adept at tapping into my ocd, and because the soldiers slowly become better as you progress, it's really a never ending chore. It becomes very repetitive baiting soldiers away from their post and hiding right behind a rock giggling like Muttley from the Dick Dastardly cartoon as I prepare to pounce on my victim as he turns to slowly trot back to his post.

It was good once but I'd rather jump in and play Chaos Theory once every 6-12 months like I always have than bear the monotony of mgsv again.
>>
File: IMG_20151009_001000.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_001000.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
>>320693151
>>
So when did you realize the game was going to be a let down? For me, it was when Snake called himself a demon literally after the second reason. Then Skullface went about showing his demon. Fuck, made me cringe. There is a reason no Metal Gear has ever taken itself this seriously.
>>
Whats the two games meme
>>
>>320693319
Second Ishmael says "you're talking to yourself"and was voiced by Kiefer. I knew that if they couldn't even be bothered even attempting to bury their "twist" they weren't going to bother with anything else. Then the man on fire turned up and killed the guys that almost find you in the corridor and the game went back down the magical enemies route and it confirmed everything I feared about the quality of writing.
>>
>>320693664
>magic isn't allowed in MGS
Kill yourself.
>>
>>320693725
Magic man that shoots absorbs bullets and shoots them back out again and is weak to water and can be threatened with a fire suppressant system was stupid. At least I could laugh at how fun and over the top the Cobra unit were.
>>
>>320694039
Welcome to MGS, there's non-sensical magic shit.
>>
File: 1450320208017.png (83 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450320208017.png
83 KB, 200x200
>>320693319
When I found out almost every single line relevant to the story was in the trailers

>everyone wants you dead
>afghanistan is a big place
>let the legend come back to life
>what took you so long
>hurr durr money recruits cypher wet work
>cypher sent us to hell but were going deeper
>kaz im already a demon
>sans lingua franca the world shall be free
>language is what unites nations
>the greatest parasite is linguistic
>words can kill
>>
>>320694098
And MGSV can't even do keep the same tone about their magical bullshit. Organic nanomachines was bad writing.
>>
>>320694098
Parasites
Nanomachines
>>
>>320694207
Exactly, welcome to MGS.
>>
>>320684337
It's boring and not as fun as 1, 2, 3
>>
>>320694297
Without the story there would be no reason to play MGS1, 2 or 3.
>>
>>320694369
They have a better gameplay, which is also fun

V is just boring
>>
>>320694425
No they don't, MGS1, 3 and 3 are some of the clunkiest games ever made.
If you get the story, there's no reason to play them anymore.
>>
>>320694490
Weak bait

I had more fun with them than I ever did with V
>>
>>320694590
And I had more fun with MGSV, what's your point?
>>
>>320694658
V is shit and is not Metal Gear
>>
File: 1447901940052.png (232 KB, 836x459) Image search: [Google]
1447901940052.png
232 KB, 836x459
>>320694490
>MGS1, 3 and 3 are some of the clunkiest games ever made.
ya got me
>>
>>320694703
Yeah, he should have made it clunkier to make you feel at home.
Maybe get rid of the crouch stance too.
Also get rid of the functional aiming.
>>
>>320694912
V is more clunky than MGS2
>>
>>320694951
Not really, MGS2's gameplay is only funcional enough to carry you to the next cutscene.
>>
>>320695029
>cutscene meme
Stop posting already. You know nothing about Metal Gear. V is your first Kojima game, we get it.
>>
>>320695156
Not really, Metal Gear 2 was the first one, and I only played them for the story up to MGSV.
>>
>>320695250
>watched youtube playthroughs
Ok.
>>
>>320695324
>I'll pull shit out of my ass before accepting people have different opinions
Pathetic.
>>
>>320690834
Chill ham
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.