[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? Give truthful, honest and in-depth feedback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Is this game any good? Give truthful, honest and in-depth feedback please. Thinking about picking it up.
>>
Competent but mediocre. Better than UR avg tie-in but you'll probably only play it once.
>>
Depends on how much you like sandbox collectathon gameplay and BamHam combat.

The driving is pretty good for an open world game, and upgrading your car is satisfying, especially when you get good at harpooning fuckers. The melee combat is definitely more meaty than BamHam, but otherwise is nothing we haven't seen before. Story is nothing special unless you have a hardon for Mad Max lore.

It's worth a playthrough, though you arguably aren't going to want a second one.
>>
It's pretty fun. Very grindy though.

And the ending will piss you off.
>>
I'm waiting for it to go on sale
>>
>>320683182
skip it man. It's boring and generic.
>>
Is it comfy to ride around in first person?

I want to cruise in cockpit mode on ps4, but apparently racing games/driving simulators never got the memo.

>inb4 GTAV

Yeah, not with those physics. I personally thought IV's physics were bad enough, and yet somehow people are begging for them back. Christ, R*.
>>
File: 1443233190410.gif (208 KB, 290x242) Image search: [Google]
1443233190410.gif
208 KB, 290x242
>>320683182
>in-depth feedback please.
>>
>>320683182
Combat was fun and brutal, driving was fun but the map is pretty empty (not much you can to with Mad Max though) story pretty generic
>>
File: Regret.jpg (37 KB, 315x313) Image search: [Google]
Regret.jpg
37 KB, 315x313
>>320684306
I'm suddenly having a hard time thinking of a single game in the last few years that wasn't boring and/or generic.

What happened?
>>
Grinding ruined it for me. Dropped it half way through the story. Never before had a game I was otherwise enjoying ruined by a horrible sense of progession.
>>
>>320683182
If you liked the Mad Max films definitely go for it, you get more out of it than somebody totally unfamiliar with the setting. If you especially liked Fury Road then I'd even call it a must-play.

If you have no interest in the post-apocalypse sandbox (hue) driving combat genre then you won't get much out of it.

Having played MGSV around the same time I played through this though I gotta say it handled the story far better. The main missions don't number in the several dozens like most AAA games feel the need to nowadays.

The ending was really solid, but once it was over I got the feeling I wasn't going to get much more out of it. Aside from main missions its a lot of repetitive 'clear outposts of scum and loot' and fetch-quests galore.

I might go back and give it a replay someday, maybe try to unlock all the extras and find all the secrets, but although I got Max to the top level, I didn't get around to unlocking all the upgrades for the car.

TL;DR: Give it a pirate
>>
>>320683182

Pros

>Mad max setting makes everything amazing
>great graphics
>max's voice actor is amazing
>feels fun to customize shit
>feels fun to upgrade your character
>huge world
>fun melee combat that can also be challenging, they fixed a lot of shit that made bamham combat a cakewalk like flying accross the room if your hit doesnt connects or mistiming a parry.

Cons

>Its very VERY repetitive
>You can max your character in the first 2 territories in the game

>car combat sucks, I honestly dont know why do people say its great. Your car is literally unrivaled in speed, no other car is even remotely as fast as your car, so you end up outrunning most guys pretty fast and you have to make a u turn that kills momentum (the brakes suck and there is no handbrake, forget about quickturns) and almost always end up with you getting t boned while you were recovering speed on the turn
The car is also ridiculously fragile even with the maxed armor and the weapons honestly suck and are horrible balanced, shooting/removing a tire completely stops an enemy.

>the plot is very bad and it seems to have had parts from the middle scrapped (characters unexplicably appearing in other parts of the world and stuff)

>recycled assets and enemies, theres also only 1 male and female voice actor for friendly NPCs

>tries to give out a sense of variety by literally repainting your enemies.

and this may not bother you so much as it bothered me, but theres a huge sense of "anachronisms" (i dont know if thats the right word) in the game.

I'd give it a 6.5-7.5
>>
>>320683182
still no working torrent.
:(
>>
Will we ever see "A Boy and his Dog" turned into a game?
Fallout is now more sci fi than post apocalyptic and that's boring.
>>
I almost go the platinum in it, but ended up getting a glitch where it apparently didn't register a collectible so it fucked me over. I hear it might be fixed, but it burned me up so bad that I still don't feel the urge to play.

I enjoyed the ground combat all the way up the end, though car combat got old. A lot of trying to ram somebody and barely missing, and waiting for your harpoon to recharge.
WAY too many collectibles, I was not surprised at all to find it was made by the people who made Just Cause 2. It's also empty as fuck like Just Cause 2, though it at least makes sense this time.
Story was alright, nothing special.

Solid 6/10.
>>
File: 1290625644802.gif (598 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1290625644802.gif
598 KB, 320x240
>>320686980
>fun melee combat that can also be challenging, they fixed a lot of shit that made bamham combat a cakewalk like flying across the room if your hit doesn't connects or mistiming a parry.

>tfw going through several outposts near the end of the game in a row without getting hit
>huge combo count every battle

It was so fucking satisfying to reach that point. Pity that after you clear all the areas there is fuck all to do.
>>
>>320683182
Very cool and fun elements every once in a while in between grinding for loot and punching the same 3 enemies to death.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.