[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fable Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: Fableiii.jpg (31 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
Fableiii.jpg
31 KB, 256x317
You guys think that Fable will ever make a decent comeback that isn't a Kinect game or an MMO? I love the first three games, it's a shame the title isn't respected more.
>>
>I love the first three games
What? Seriously? I mean 1 and 2 were fun but 3? Really?
>>
>>320678306
This desu. 3 was trash.
>>
I don't know what you liked about 3 OP

And no, the IP is dead, expect to see it being the launch title for Microsoft's inevitable VR platform
>>
>>320678186
>>320678306
Fable 1 is good

The latter two are bloated shit that are more about real estate management than gameplay.
>>
>>320678403
3 was better than 2
>>
>>320678641
How?
>>
3 wasn't the best, I'll admit. But I still enjoyed it. 2 has to be my favorite out of the series.
>>
>>320678641
Bait for the bait god

This I have to see, how is it better?
>>
1 was great 2 was good 3 was nasty crap.
>>
>>320678641
>3 was better than 2

Explain yourself.
>>
>>320678306
3 wasn't that bad. The only real problem with it is that it was somehow buggier than 2 even though it was basically the 2.5.

>>320678717
3 had some things it did better than the first 2 games but I wouldn't say it was better than 2.

Best housing system in the series
More varied quests
Several locations change based on your choices
Spell combining was fun

The story was also decent for the most part. I liked how it continued to show Theresa as a manipulating bitch even though we will probably never see where that goes. Also Logan did nothing wrong
>>
If three was an expansion I would've enjoyed it more. I was both pleasantly surprised by the twist about your brother but ass blasted that they didn't do better at it.
>>
I wish it stuck more to its original fantasy setting than going forward into the Victorian era. The old kingdom and stuff like that were really cool.

Also, the Heroes' Guild was legitimately fun, even when you had someone telling you to drink potions or eat food every ten seconds.
>>
>>320679862
The DLC was pretty good, I thought. Ravenscar Keep was fun.
>>
>320678474
ranged weapons were fun as fuck to use in fable 2, but that's it
>>
File: 1441805412944.jpg (109 KB, 780x477) Image search: [Google]
1441805412944.jpg
109 KB, 780x477
1 has best gameplay
2 has best atmosphere
3 has best NOTHING, it's utter shit. It just took the bad stuff from 2 and added more shit.

I have lost all hope for the series. After the disappointment in the main series all we have seen is failed attempts of spin offs and whatnot. I doubt anyone cares, neither the audience nor the devs.
>>
Not under microsoft.
>>
>>320680468
Eh, I'd argue 1 had better atmosphere than too. Shit like the hobbe quest where you rescue a kid, and when you're about to kill your sister, etc.
To be fair though, a lot of 1's greatness came from TLC.
>>
Why does every Fables game feel like it's missing a quarter of the game?
>>
>>320679668
Nothing on Earth could have saved that inventory system, or how to give followers gifts
>>
>>320680773
I respect that. I can hardly produce an argument to why I rank 2 first there. I think it's because it expanded on the whole "fairy tale" shit that I like.
>>
>>320680859
Because a thousand things get promised for each game and only about a dozen or so ends up in the game.

>>320680958
I liked the sanctuary. I'm very surprised that it worked as advertised, a first for the Fable series.
>>
>>320680773
Pimp hat!
>>
>>320680859
Fable: The Lost Chapter didn't. That's because it literally had the quarter that was missing from Fable.
>>
>>320681269
There was a shit ton that was missing from Fable, TLC didn't fix anything.
>>
>>320681623
It always felt like a finished game to me. But then again I played it a few years after it came out and I didn't hear any of Molyneux's hype bullshit.
>>
File: peter-moly.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
peter-moly.jpg
261 KB, 1280x720
>>320681797
>grass will grow in real time
>if you plant a seed in the beginning of the game it will grow into a tree by the end
>your choices matter

At one point there was going to be dual wielding daggers, dunno why that didn't happen.
>>
File: qGBusHZ.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
qGBusHZ.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>320678186
Having fun playing Fable 2 again on the xbone

You have shit taste OP
3 a shit
>>
>>320682583
Fuck this fucker. Worse than Todd.
>>
>>320682583
I was told that there would be a real economy and trading simulations that you could influence meaningfully.
>>
>>320682583
>multiple countries in 3

I was assblasted to the Xtreme.
>>
>>320682925
He could never deliver because he was always just so ambitious. Todd on the other hand is casualizing his games to make more money
>>
>one of my favorite things to do in fable 2 is run around and massacre villages
>become king in fable 3
>guards don't fight you, no one gives a shit if you kill someone
Ruined the game for me honestly.
>>
>>320678186
Fable has gone down the fucking toilet ever since Fable 3 came out.

>Fable 1 comes out
>is a cute 7/10 game that failed to deliver on hype but was still good nonetheless, then Fable TLC came out and made it into an 8.5/10

>Fable 2 comes out
>is a solid 8, very fun, very comfy game, shame it never got a PC release, not as good as the first game though

>Fable 3 comes out
>shits the bed in every area, retarded writing, casualized gameplay, etc

>Fable The Journey comes out
>is 2/10 cash-in kinect shovelware

>Fable Anniversary comes out
>they somehow made a WORSE game 10 fucking years after Fable TLC already existed

>Fable Legends in development
>looks like a terrible pay2win spinoff with the same budget as Fable The Journey

Honestly all I'm hoping for at this point is a PC port of Fable 2 and then that's all I want from Lionhead. I just know that any attempt at a Fable 4 they make will be absolute fucking trash. I've given up on the series.
>>
>>320682587
Melee combat was so painful in Fable 2 before you got the ability to use flourishes. Fable 3 then made flourishes shit.
>>
File: ௵.png (8 KB, 376x260) Image search: [Google]
௵.png
8 KB, 376x260
>>320682587
>no PC port
>even Fable 3 got one
>>
>>320683367
>>they somehow made a WORSE game 10 fucking years after Fable TLC already existed
Can you explain me why? I haven't play it.
>>
>>320683591
They fucked up the graphics, big time. You should see poor Lady Grey.
>>
>>320678186
It still pisses me off how they ruined the original in that abortion of a remaster
I'm still mad about all those dropped plot points and cool shit the original had as well that they completely ignore basically in the other games
>>
>>320683890
Wait,they changed the plot?
>>
>>320683782
also glitchy as hell in the menu with it scrolling nonstop
the only fix is it going randomly away and reappearing again. Its EXTREMELY aggravating especially when I'm breaking the economy by buying and selling back their gems
>>
File: Fable Dual Wield.jpg (558 KB, 716x1023) Image search: [Google]
Fable Dual Wield.jpg
558 KB, 716x1023
>>320682963
This sort of happens in Fable 2 since shops have different quality levels that you could influence. It was pretty basic though.

>>320683150
Albion and Aurora? I don't recall any other countries being mentioned that would be in 3
>>
>>320683890
>that faggy oh-so-scary jack of blades voice in tlc

why did they have to ruin such a cool VO?
>>
>>320683591
>graphics are somehow worse looking aside from fancy new particle effects, using UE3 as a wrapper fucked over every texture immensely and made it look somehow worse than I remember the original Fable being on my Xboxfat
>models and animations weren't changed AT ALL leaving a weird dissonance between the art style
>sounds were apparently 'remastered' even though everything sounds exactly the same which just seems like a waste of budget and time with misplaced priorities
>the previously perfect interface and HUD got fucked up completely for no good reason, probably thanks to consoles
>didn't add any new quests, story missions, etc like TLC did
>THIRTY fucking dollar DLC for a bunch of shitty new weapons and armor that are outclassed 5 hours into the game
>seriously, THIRTY DOLLARS. that's what the game itself costs
The ONLY praise I can sing to Anniversary is that it added an optional Hard/Hero mode to make things slightly more challenging, but obviously that's not worth $30 and you can just mod a harder game into the original anyway.

Fable TLC is $10 IIRC, just play that.
>>
>>320683782
>You should see poor Lady Grey.
I just did...

>>320684074
Fable have economy= Like Todd promised for skyrim?
>>
>>320684131
Could've swore he said you'd be dealing with various nations,deciding to go to war or make peace.
>>
>>320683974
They made it ugly and glitchy. The dropped plot points refer to the other games ignoring a bunch of cool shit like the Archons, Old Kingdom, Hero's Guild, Scythe, The Void, and all the other cool shit that gets little to no mention later and by 3 is all but gone
Also they ruined Will in 3 which wasn't that great in the first place
>>
>>320684205
Fable 2 does though "meaningful" is a real stretch
>>320684173
Yeah pisses me off too I was just bitching about it a friend who really couldn't care less
>>
>>320684418
The retarded thing is it's the same fucking VO just pitch shifted down. They could have just left it but they decided to ruin my favorite villain voice of all time.
>>
>>320684331
>scythe

Fuck,that ending where you revive your sister was such a tease.

Also

>ywn visit the void where the blades came from
>ywn play a prequel where you play as the archon
>ywn see queen of blades
>>
Fable had such cool legendary weapons. I have found memories of not doing the Orchard Farm quest and instead pumping everything into guile and stealing chainmail and going all the way down to Oakvale going through all the demon doors and not boosting the Strength abilities for the Harbinger later
>>
>>320684254
That was probably just Molyneux wording things badly. He probably meant something like choosing to keep your promises or not.

It's like how he made a huge deal about the Hero Weapons and how they change based on how you play. He made it seem like they continuously change based on what you do when in reality each part only changes once, and what the part changes into is random based on what you've done(ex: killed Hollow Men - grip changes in to a bone). He didn't technically lie since the Hero Weapons do change based on what you do but they do not constantly change according to your actions like what was heavily implied.

He also said there were so many combinations that no two players weapons would look the same and that isnt even remotely true.
>>
>>320684954
Not him but he did said that the climax of the game would be a war with another country, in the game you just absorb that country because muh shadows.
>>
>>320678186
It would have had to have been there in the first please to ever make a comeback.
>>
I remember reading in a game informer that
>get sword
>kill X balverines
>blade gets jagged to cut through thick fur
This was any weapon, mind you
I mean what we got was KIND OF cool
>>
>>320678186
They need to do something. The games have a lot of character and I really like that about them. They progressively got worse, though.

Then they diluted it with that Kinect game, and now the multiplayer only one.

I'll remain somewhat interested if they ever return to single player minus the gimmicks.
>>
File: it hurts.png (701 KB, 588x458) Image search: [Google]
it hurts.png
701 KB, 588x458
>>320684650
I want a Fable game centered around the Old Kingdom so badly. They have a lot of cool stuff there, but I know now that they'll never actually do anything with it.
>>
>>320684904
>very beginning of the game after the guild tutorial
>run all the way to the Greatwood Caves map, the one with the demon door
>there's some RNG bullshit involving either a Troll or a few shitty Hobbes spawning there
>keep reloading the map until the Troll spawns
>stand slightly out of its aggro range, take out my bow, hold down the button
>keep the button held down for about 10 minutes with tape or something
>walk up to the troll, release the arrow
>get a combat multiplier of like 20, you only need 14-15 i think to open the door
>talk to door, go inside
>get the Cutlass Bluetane
>win the game because it's the best weapon for 90% of it
>>
>>320685262
Alternatively you can go back one map into Greatwood Gorge and eat 5 Crunchy Chicks in front of the demon door there for Wellow's Pickhammer. It does 142 damage compared to the Cutlass' 165 IIRC which is still fucking amazing.
>>
>>320685262
Yeah exactly what I do only I just run through Hobbe Cave and run out and kill the outside hobbes to get to 15
Also a nice replacement if for whatever reason you can't get it is Willow's Pickaxe which is piss easy to get and quite formidable
>>
>>320685414
>>320685407
dat hivemind
>>
>>320685262
I miss fuckhuge weapons. I miss cleavers,fable 2 had decent cleavers but not nearly as well as 1.
>>
>>320685262
>save up all exp multiplying potions
>go to the area with infinite Hollow Man spawns that instantly respawn after killing them
>stand still and spam the fire aoe spell until combat multiplier is in the hundreds
>use all exp potions
>go from kid to old man in a second
>>
>>320685556
This. I'm a bit surprised by Fable 1's weapon variety even if you don't count Legendaries.

I always used a Master Cleaver whenever I did no-legendary-weapons runs. I kinda wish there were a Legendary Cleaver variant, I guess the Cutlass Bluetane counts but it doesn't really look as cool as the same type of cleaver Jack cuts your mom's throat with

>>320685660
>go from kid to old man in a second
God I loved that retarded system. Buying/upgrading skills actually aged you by 1 year or so each time, and magic spells by 0.7. Thank fuck for modding tools, I edited every level up to only age me by 0.1 years.
>>
File: The-Harbinger_499x370.jpg (17 KB, 499x370) Image search: [Google]
The-Harbinger_499x370.jpg
17 KB, 499x370
>>320685556
Most of Fable's weapons were pretty cool even the standard ones and especially the legendary ones
>>320685660
never knew it actually effected xp gains until rather recently and now I just wait till I have a 20+ modifier
They just got worse looking as the series went on for the most part
>>
File: MasterCleave01.png (120 KB, 381x485) Image search: [Google]
MasterCleave01.png
120 KB, 381x485
>>320685850
pretty sure thats just a master cleaver
and on the subject of Jack I watch my buddy fight him in the Chamber and the game glitch the sword away making the fight even more of a joke
>>
>no heroes guild
>virtually no will-using enemies
>one button combat
>having to do gay shit with merchants in order to buy shops
>dog that does nothing
>melee useless
>infinite respawns with no option to turn them off

Fable 2 and 3 sucked ass. Fable 1 wasn't even a great game, but at least it was fun. The only thing commendable about 3 was that it had an actual moral dilemma instead of black vs white.
>>
>>320686818
Yeah I'm still mad
I literally got a 360 for Fable II on launch
>>
>army sleeping beneath the Frozen Wastes awaits for the day Albion is united as one
>Albion is united as one
>Lion does nothing with this
>>
>>320686818
>no heroes guild
The heroes guild is technically in Fable 2, it was just destroyed
>virtually no will-using enemies
The first Fable had the same issue
>one button combat
Same as Fable 1. At least Fable 2 let you target different parts with ranged weapons and you could time your melee attacks to do extra damage
>having to do gay shit with merchants in order to buy shops
Going up to the sign and picking Buy?
>dog that does nothing
Points out dig spots, chests/keys, barks when enemies are near, kills knocked down enemies
>melee useless
True. Ranged shot to the head kills everything in 1 or 2 hits
>infinite respawns with no option to turn them off
The problem with the Fable series is that the games are extremely easy. You could technically die in Fable 1 but the game tosses so many potions, other healing items, and revival items at you that it isn't likely that you will ever die, not to mention healing and damage absorption spells.
>>
>>320685660
>during the end of the original games story you can farm the infinitely spawning minions and not go to the focus site until you have a fuckhueg amount of xp
>>
>>320687952
You could do that but that's near the end of the game anyway. The method with the infinite undead gives more exp anyway and can be accessed at like the 2/3rd point of the game.
>>
I hate how hard they pushed that cunt Reaver
He's not charming or a loveable rapscallion he's a murderous cunt
>>
>>320688146
It would be cool if he served as a semi-final boss in a future game.
Knowing Failhead it'll probably never happen though.
>>
>>320687379
Molyneux did say there would be a Fable 4 and 5. Maybe that could have been a part of the 4th game. Kinda sad that Fable 4 and 5 will never happen, at least the way they were intended to happen.

>>320687952
>>320688052
There are a earlier areas you can get a decent combat multiplier too. If you can abuse Hero Saving to get more exp potions and get a multiplier of around 20 you can get more exp than you will ever need.
>>
1;TLC > 1 > 2 > HUMAN SHIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3
>>
>>320688491
Molyneux said lots of things anon
>>
>>320678186
>fable 3
>+100 days until attack
>go to bed
>sleep for 100 days and everything is on fire
ok
>>
3 was shitty
but I still enjoyed it
>>
>>320688909
same could be said about your mum m8 at the end of the day i still prefer your sister
>>
>>320688295
After all the shit he pulls in either fucking game its annoys the piss outta me that he gets to live
I liked Barnum way better
>>
I just got a beta key for Fable Legends but I'm never upgrading Windows 7 until they fix the garbage OS
>>
>>320688734
I don't see why him saying Fable 4 and 5 happening would be too far-fetched. It's not really a comparable thing to real time plant growth.
>>
>>320687847
>The heroes guild is technically in Fable 2, it was just destroyed

Yeah, with like 4 heroes remaining.

>The first Fable had the same issue

The others were worse.

>Same as Fable 1. At least Fable 2 let you target different parts with ranged weapons and you could time your melee attacks to do extra damage

They dumbed down a combat system that was already simple.

>Going up to the sign and picking Buy?

Not if you want decent prices.

>Points out dig spots, chests/keys, barks when enemies are near, kills knocked down enemies

And stands around like a bitch in combat.

>The problem with the Fable series is that the games are extremely easy. You could technically die in Fable 1 but the game tosses so many potions, other healing items, and revival items at you that it isn't likely that you will ever die, not to mention healing and damage absorption spells.

I died in the arena, but I was 10-14 when I played it.
>>
I would just like them to deliver on what they promised on the first game. In case anyone has forgotten, the first Fable was one of the most-hyped games ever. I remember reading about it in magazines for months and months before it was released. I still liked the game and I thought it was fun but it didn't deliver on half the shit they first talked about.
>>
>>320689693
They'd have to be pretty modern. Fable 1 was medieval, Fable 2 was enlightenment, Fable 3 was a few generations after 2. I mean, Fable 5 in a world war esque setting would seem a bit stupid.
>>
File: 1438145770540.jpg (6 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1438145770540.jpg
6 KB, 267x200
>Mfw I did the money cheat in fable 3 to save enough gold to save the kingdom.
>>
File: ye bin.jpg (113 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ye bin.jpg
113 KB, 2000x1000
/v/ told me that Fable 1 was good. So I downloaded the Anniversary edition and while it was promising, it got boring really fast.
And /v/ also told me that Fable 3 was shit, but I downloaded it anyway.

I actually liked Fable 3 better than Fable 1.
>>
>>320678306
>>320678403
2 was honestly the worst.
>>
>>320690398
Did Fable 3 have an option to spend a ton of gold instead of fighting the final boss? I remember one of the Neverwinter Nights expansions having that
>>
>>320690745
No since the final boss was some totally evil darkness that couldn't be reasoned with.
>>
>>320689901
>Yeah, with like 4 heroes remaining.
This part never really made sense to me. So the Heroes were full of themselves and the people decided to hunt the Heroes to near extinction? How does that work exactly? One Hero is equivalent to a small army of normal people, even when considering the fact that only the MC was proficient in all 3 combat types.

>They dumbed down a combat system that was already simple.
Fable 2 objectively has more going for it combat wise since you can shoot weapons out of enemies hands, target different spots to shoot(head, hands, torso, dick), and counter attacks. Fable 1 just has melee attack, ranged attack, spell, and flourish.

>Not if you want decent prices.
You get thousands of gold every 5 minutes in Fable 2 and 3. Money doesn't matter after the first hour or two.

>>320690019
Fable 2 took place 500 years after the first game, it makes sense that technology would come a long way after that long.

In Fable 3 you play as the kid of Fable 2's MC which is why technology isn't all that much more advanced than in Fable 2.

Fable 4 would probably have you play as Fable 3's MC's kid and Fable 5 as the kid of Fable 4's MC.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.