[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any thoughts on this game? Its cheap on amazon right now but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: natural-doctrine.jpg (469 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
natural-doctrine.jpg
469 KB, 1280x720
any thoughts on this game?
Its cheap on amazon right now but I heard different opinions about it like "its too difficult that is bad" or "too hardcore even for the japanese"
Opinions?
>>
>>320672941
>>320672941
just another obtuse mechanics system you have to learn. not really hard, just the beginning until you get gud gear. with enough determination and vigor to endure, you can push through..

i have the ps3 version.
>>
>>320673152
ignore this guy, hes a reddit shitposter

This game is hands down the best game I have ever played OP. It's so fun, you should get it. I'm actually jealous you get to play it for the first time, it's so fucking fun. Well anyway, logging off now. Have fun, OP.
>>
>>320673512
>>320673512
ayy lamao. this negroe's a cuck.
>>
>>320672941
the game is not really that great, the enemy AI is brutal and the game is pretty hard. but it's also extremely mediocre and unless you have NOTHING ELSE TO PLAY then i guess get it. i bought the LE from nisa and I regret it, this game is worth 10 dollars, not whatever I paid for.
>>
>>320673512
do you get off on people wasting money?
>>
>>320673512
neo /v/ right here fellas, pure cancer for the community
>>
logging back on now

>>320673780
i get off on your moms face

>>320673641
this guy doesnt know his arse from his elbow. the game is super fun OP
>>
>>320674240
>>320673780
I get off on my own moms face. i get it <3
>>
i probably would have kept trying this game way back
but whenever you finish the missions objectives it doesn't end. you need to manually send each character back to the entrance which could take like more than 10 minutes
that was probably my biggest pet peeve about it

also opened a gate in one of the earlier dungeons and 20 goblins chain moved all in one phase before one of my characters had a turn

its a shame because i wanted to like this game
>>
>>320672941
>"Natural Doctrine might be the Dark Souls of tactical JRPGs"
It's filled with artificial difficulty. Starting dungeon that has level twenty enemies? Lets throw in a level 40 orc for people to discover!
>>
>>320674650
Ambush is the only unfair mechanic.
>>
>>320674340
>but whenever you finish the missions objectives it doesn't end. you need to manually send each character back to the entrance which could take like more than 10 minutes
>that was probably my biggest pet peeve about it
Same here. There was too much running around empty maps.
Opening doors may be the most dangerous moment in the whole game.
>>
>>320674340
>>320676543
>>320674650
W E A K

E

A

K
>>
I ended up dropping the game due to a myriad of largely minor annoyances. The basic combat mechanics are fairly good once you actually piece together how they work, but the game really needs some more polish.

The biggest issue I had is that even if there are no enemies around, you can't move freely. Want to get everyone in position to open a door to the next area? Then it's time to spend five minutes waiting for the slowest character in the party to catch up while everyone else skips turns over and over.

It's an issue that comes up constantly while exploring dungeons, and then again once you want to actually leave one. I have no problem with slow-paced games generally, but this was just too obnoxious to overlook.
>>
File: natural-doctrine_1378885228.jpg (891 KB, 1670x1020) Image search: [Google]
natural-doctrine_1378885228.jpg
891 KB, 1670x1020
is there any chance that nis realese a second part or an updated version of this game? It has a lot of potential
>>
Natural Doctrine or Lost Dimensions?
>>
>>320679810
Indeed it had. I wish more development time would have been put into the main game. Cut multiplayer completely.

>is there any chance that nis realese a second part or an updated version of this game? It has a lot of potential
Sadly, no. There is no more ND. However, there is this:
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/kadokawa-games-announces-god-wars-ps4-ps-vita

Made by the same team.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.