[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game has overwhelmed me I had never played such a long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: original.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
This game has overwhelmed me

I had never played such a long game, with so much to do, it just makes me scared

it is also true that its has been years since i play such a pure jrpg, should i play something lighter for better get used to the mechanical?
>>
>>320661721
The funniest thing is how the more you play how the more you have to do.

I know someone who spent 800 hours to complete the game 100%.
>>
>>320661721
I can see why you might think that, the world is pretty damn huge.

You'll be fine as long as you refer to the in-game manual. Game tells you some stuff through tutorials, but a good number of stuff (like the concept of double and tertiary cooldowns) you will need to read up on.
>>
About to buy my level 30 skell.
Any of the models stand out? I was thinking of getting Mastema.
>>
>>320661721
Is XCX better than the Witcher 3? Want a new open world game to play
>>
>>320661940
Has it even been 800hrs between release date and now? That's if he plays 24/7
>>
>>320662139
mastema is heavy ranged, grab amsudias if you want melee, but yeah mastema's fine
>>
Is this an online game? Is there co-op?
>>
>>320661721
I gotta stop playing the side quests. I'm like 8 levels ahead of the story.

Also what's a good weapon to synergize with photon sabers? I've been using beam based photon sabers. My usual battle tactic has been ... That one lightning attack that causes shock with p. launchers, followed by stellar ray for beam resist down, followed by four photon saber attacks that all get boosts for being in a combo. Stellar ray is nice 'cause it beam resists down everything. I wanted to do raygun photon saber but rayguns don't seem to have anything that benefit photon sabers.
>>
>>320662256
Someone answer this, even though I already know I'm getting Witcher 3 and
not XCX.
>>
>>320662319
He bought a japanese Wii U and a japanese version of XCX.
>>
>>320662472
I imagine ranged is safer, unless I need melee for some reason.
My ground gear is mastermind stuff if that conflicts with anything.
I'll probably try getting thermal and physical weapons for my mech so I don't overlap with the beam/ether damage.
>>
File: PERFECT.png (831 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PERFECT.png
831 KB, 1280x720
>Finishing the Elder Nopon Nan sidequest at night with the Aurora weather effect

That was fucking perfect.
>>
>>320662832
They are very different.
Exploring is more fun in X at least because of the environments and movement options but I think witcher has better gameplay and storytelling.
>>
>>320662256
I'm loving the shit out of this game, I couldn't continue to play TW3 after a couple of hours of its boring gameplay.
>>
>>320662256
xenoblade x has a better world and gameplay mechanics but the witcher 3 has a better story
>>
>>320662741
Rayguns give beam barrage at least.
The raygun path also gives you skills that give you +125% ether damage and +50% shorter secondary cooldowns which are both pretty good.
I guess you could go for a more gun, but I don't know what that would be.
>>
>>320662256
The story in W3 is longer and better. The gameplay and combat system is a million times better than w3.

The graphics are still pretty but not nearly as state of the art as w3.
>>
>>320661721

I Guess you've never played any MMO ever.

This game is nothing but "go here, kill that, gather these."
>>
File: 25 schmeckels.jpg (28 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
25 schmeckels.jpg
28 KB, 599x337
>>320662957
>nobody cares about stupid firework, where is my food?
I legitimately felt happy for Nan when the firework started
>>
>>320663412
The basic missions yeah, but the game has three tiers of missions. Also what else do you do in any rpg except get this or kill this.
>>
Any really good sale for the wiiU in canada? Or upcoming boxing day sale?
>>
>>320661721

>I had never played such a long game

Is it longer than Dragon Quest VII?
>>
>>320661721
What's your first language?

Those grammatical errors in OP are cute. CUTE!
>>
Xenoblade X feels like one of the only games to get open world right. The sense of scale is absolutely incredible for a Wii U game. It's one of the only non-linear open world games that makes it feel like no matter what you're doing it's always something worth your time.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (44 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
44 KB, 430x430
>Zu Pharg boss fight
What a huge disappointment that was. It was so stupid and annoying. You can't even see what your dumb party members are doing since this thing is so big and you have no clue where they are.
>>
File: superior form.jpg (97 KB, 680x505) Image search: [Google]
superior form.jpg
97 KB, 680x505
>>320664226
>zoom out
>attack appendages
>concentrate fire
>>
>>320663286
I'm already going down that line for that sweet, sweet reduced secondary cooldown skill. Not sure after though. Maybe I'll get assault rifles and plop on the glorious ramjet rifle and just TP stuff myself.
>>
>>320664512
Why do morons think hating a shit boss fight means it was hard?
>>
Does it matter what skell weapons I get?
>>
Ass
>>
File: 1450297246997.jpg (354 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450297246997.jpg
354 KB, 1280x720
>>320664635
where would you even get that fro?

If they concentrate on on appendage they have to get closer to it and if you zoom out the camera you can still see them.
That's all I said, the rest is you projecting which is the only thing that makes it seem like you are just mad because the boss fight was to hard for you.
>>
>Try to keep overdrive going on foot
How does this shit work?
I understand skell's overdrive are kept going by spamming arts like orange, blue/green for extended time
>>
>>320661721
Well then this looks like the rpg I have been waiting for. Fuck you square soft I'm getting a wiiu.
>>
>>320665227
so going between overdrive colors is how you drive bonuses, colors are based on artes, buffs turn it green etc.

going green->green/blue extends overdrive time based on count
green-> melee/ranged artes doubles the count for that arte, so if it does 10 hits, it'd give 10 overdrive count normally but going green-> that arte doubles the bonus,
blue-> melee/ranged artes are the same I think
that's pretty much all you need to know, so if you want to have long overdrives you want to first do blue/green to high hit count artes to boost count, then green/blue to green/blue to extend your overdrive time, 10 count = +1 sec extension I think
>>
I play most affinity missions and all story missions on the TV, but when I do the sidequests I just use the pad and watch TV at the same time so it takes me longer than it should. Anyone else doing this?
>>
>>320665540
No but I soon will be.
>>
Seriously, fuck that Manon bitch for asking 500,000 credits for pizza money. Does your previous dialogue choices allow her to die?
>>
>>320664226
That fight was awesome what are you on
>>
Is there some way to favorite or mark gear so I don't accidentally sell it?
>>
Where do you think JRPGs would be right now if Takahashi & Monolith Soft didn't exist?
>>
So what's the best way to make my Ares 90 ridiculusly broken to the point where nothing will stand against it? Ether Attack Plus XX on everything?
>>
File: 15315313531331535.jpg (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
15315313531331535.jpg
230 KB, 1280x720
>>320662957
>Finish chapter 10 just as that impenetrable fog arrives.
T-thanks.
>>
>>320666836
I would say i'd be a very sad person if this didn't exist, but then again, I wouldn't of known what i'd missed i'm sure there are a lot of other countless things in this world that could've been great like this game, but circumstances prevented them from becoming reality and we'll never see them finished either
>>
>>320665226
>If they concentrate on on appendage they have to get closer to it and if you zoom out the camera you can still see them.
Except they don't because I use those commands. You don't need to be close to a target to hit in this game, you'd notice that if you weren't retarded. I can melee Zu Pharg from miles away. The fight is stupid and you are a shitposter.
>>
Do weapons level up?
I just hit level 30 and my weapon is level 27 and just as good as the new weapons I can buy.
I don't remember getting a new gun but maybe I did.
>>
I really can't get into the combat in this game. It's so dull and you just spam shit. I hate Soul Voices, not once I have I felt like I've done anything "strategic" in this. Just respond to "qte" like shit. First game was better, the only change I like is each character having a melee and ranged weapon.
>>320667230
>Do weapons level up?
No. They have rarity though. An intergalactic low weapon will be just as good as rare weapon of higher level.
>>
File: 1531531331533513.jpg (40 KB, 406x474) Image search: [Google]
1531531331533513.jpg
40 KB, 406x474
>Lin wants the grampy D.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.