[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a game based on World War Z be like? I hope it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
What would a game based on World War Z be like?

I hope it would be nothing like the book, because the book can be pretty dumb

>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

So what should it be like?
>>
>The incompetence of the American military
This is a pretty accurate though. The American military after WW2 has been a history of incompetence.
>>
>>320659486
>American military
>Bad

0/10
>>
>>320659387
Would you rather have it be like the movie?
>>
File: 1435629040712.jpg (356 KB, 945x927) Image search: [Google]
1435629040712.jpg
356 KB, 945x927
>>320660203
>post WW2 US greatest achievement
>topple a government that almost got their asses handed to them by child soldiers in human waves
>>
>>320659387
>israel is best israel

I read the book ages ago, dint israel also get recked in the books?

I kinda remember almost every country except carribean countrys getting fucked in the ass

as far as how the game would work,
id kinda like to see something like L.A. noire, where you interview people and try to discern fact from fiction(throw some action scene here and there, like defending a compound from a zombie horde or clearing a city block from zombies, while your talking to the soldiers helping you do it). and at the end you get rewarded depending on how accurate your final article was. so the more bullshit you wrote/belived, the worst the ending.

it could also work like a taleworld game.
>>
>>320660203

> Vietnam
> Iraq

> Good
>>
It would be like a shit game with sloppy writing.
>>
chink sub was pretty cool but completely unrealistic
>>
>>320661436
Well, UK didn't get fucked, but it was one of the last to be clear of zombies. It was barely damaged and had a higher population than most.
>>
>>320661445
yuro here so you know i'm not biased

america is good at blowing shit up

america is not so good stopping shit from blowing itself up
>>
>>320661436
Isreal put up a wall and where so smart and well organized and totally accepted its mudslum brothers and was so smart. It was absolutely sickening how marry sued the Jews where.
>>
>>320661436
They were literally the only ones who saw it coming, so they protected themselves from everything.

They also let in all the Palestinians which is hilarious.

Honestly I enjoyed the hell out of the book, the concept and way the story was told were great, if only it had a more competent writer behind it.
>>
>>320661529
My favorite chapter, but what was wrong with despite the overly dramatic father/son thing.
>>
>>320661436
israel is treated as literally the ONLY country to take the zombie plague seriously before shit hits the fan.

people treat the battle of Yonkers as the most unrealistic part of the book, but its really the israelis accepting Palestinians into israel in order to protect them for no reason.
>>
Does Z stand for Zombie?
>>
>>320662636
Nah, it stands for "Zed", which is the codeword for Zombie.
>>
>>320659387
>le zombie video game meme
Hello Reddit. Are you enjoying your stay at 4chan? Don't forget to Like, Share, and Subscribe!
>>
>>320661445
Thing is in those situations it was more politicians going "go there and shoot shit I dunno"
Where as in WWII it was the military running the show, not dumbass politicians.
>What was Desert Storm
The last tank battle of history was a god damn joke. Read up son.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting
>>
File: 1280988199624.gif (3 MB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
1280988199624.gif
3 MB, 448x298
>>320662952
>those ratios
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Medina_Ridge
>>
File: 1.jpg (748 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
748 KB, 800x1067
Someone made a WWZ map for Warcraft 3, was kind of neat, although I don't think it had much in common with the books.
Basically 10 players controlled individual nations, but for some reason at the start of the game every city except the capitals are controlled by rebels, so the first thing you need to do is regain control of your nation. Meanwhile the 2 zombie players started out in the catacombs of paris/rome and had to work their way out, while occasionally spawning in zombies on the surface. Once the zombies got loose, the game got really difficult, as cities captured by zombies could pump out undead like a motherfucker and could only be destroyed and not recaptured. Was pretty cool actually
>>
Fucking Yonkers simulator when? I could give a shit about anything else.
>>
>>320662891
You sound like a fag dude
>>
File: 1440551703723.jpg (62 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1440551703723.jpg
62 KB, 562x530
>>320663541
Damn son, imagine a game like Yonkers though.
>desperately trying to get out of the city
>trying to avoid zombies and military
>on a HUGE scale
>the frontline remains persistent through out the game until it finally falls
>and everything goes to shit
>little focus on combat
>major focus on evasion and stealth
Shit man, I kind of want this now.
>>
>>320659387
>the incompetence of the American military

Thats what pisses me off about Yonkers, Brooks took the one thing that we are the best in the world at (obliterating things with overwhelming fire support and air power) and just hand waved it.
>>
>there are plebs that think WWZ is a worthwhile read
>there are plebs that think Philip K Dick's books are hard to read, and that Ubik was hard to understand
>there are plebs that think Lord of the fucking Rings is too hard to read
>there are plebs who will never read any philosophy other than quotes by Nietzsche
>>
>>320664180
go away, /lit/
>>
>>320664358
Read one decent book and I'll leave. I won't bust your balls about any genre of fiction but it really has to be something not shit
>>
I want a resident evil outbreak type of game. That shit was great.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 550x550
Superior zombie book written by the same guy coming through
>>
>>320664460
Let's hear your enlightened opinion on the Count of Monte Cristo.
>>
>>320659387
I really liked the rich celebrity part, but only because it was retarded.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.