[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing this like literally a few hours in and just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 81CxODiJ2wL._SL1500_.jpg (375 KB, 1309x1500) Image search: [Google]
81CxODiJ2wL._SL1500_.jpg
375 KB, 1309x1500
Just started playing this like literally a few hours in and just sort of wondering when it actually gets good?

I remember being able to really enjoy Vice City and San Andreas very early on but it just feels like I'm doing random shit with really unlikable characters, I'm just about to do my first heist if your wondering where I am.
>>
>>320640854
>I'm just about to do my first heist if your wondering where I am.

nope, it's still pretty much the same.

aside from some neat scripted vehicle sections the game's really nothing special.

I'd say its good for fucking around in the sandbox but I honestly think 4 is better in that category because the pedestrians react to you in a more active way other than running from you.
>>
>All the scenes with Michael and Franklin are great

>things go to shit after the first heist

Why couldn't it be more like the first 1/5
>>
Gameplay of GTA is very simple: either you drive to mission arena, listening to radio or characters and looking at fancy city during minigame "don't hit the traffic" or you kill everyone on arena with a pistol.
It is a very shallow game, and since it needs to be as approachable as possible, it is more about observing rather than playing. But I liked air school side missions.
>>
my instincts keep telling me i should not buy this until it's less than 20 euro
>>
File: 1440103840832.png (251 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1440103840832.png
251 KB, 500x501
>>320640854
you're just older, anon; all games will gradually start to look to same as you age

despite being objectively the biggest game in the series (biggest map, most weapons/vehicles/events/etc.) it still gets depressing when you realize the amount of legroom this series has

to trump GTAV the developers might possibly have to take literally everything that they've put into the game over the past few years and all it over to some new location (possibly not even one that they're familiar with) and put a new spin on the game in terms of story/characters to fill in the single-player prerequisite

when they're finally ready to let this series die you'll know; either they'll just shit out titles yearly like Activision/Infinity Ward or release GTAO as a one-off game for the fans
>>
>>320642280
I've been wondering ever since completing it on 360 whether first person would make this rinse and repeat formula at the very least immersive. Can anybody comment on that?
>>
>>320641138
>I'd say its good for fucking around in the sandbox but I honestly think 4 is better in that category because the pedestrians react to you in a more active way other than running from you.

Agreed. Police are a lot better in IV too, you can actually get into foot chases at one star instead of instantly having a shotgun pulled on you for stepping on a cop's shoes.
>>
>>320640854
Yeah I wonder why a bunch of criminals are unlikable.
>>
it doesn't. GTA's been boring and mediocre since IV. This one just tosses in a few refererences to millenials and facebook to make it look like it's still relevant.
>>
I admit I dropped the game around the 3rd heist.
I just wasn't feeling it. It has all the elements to make it a great game by somehow I was bored. Even driving around, which is what I did most of the time anyway in any gta game got boring.
It's not like I hate gta. Played the shit out of VC and SA.
>>
>>320642732
It does. FPS mode in GTA V is more immersive than most FPS games.
>>
>>320643234
Tommy Versiti wasn't unlikable
>>
Single-player was lackluster. there's something like 3 or 4 heists and once you finish the game you kind of wonder, was that It? I expected more at least.
>>
>>320640854
you just described the entire GTA V storyline, no reason to play anymore
>>
>>320640854
Get ready for the most underwhelming endings after the biggest fucking build up ever even if you choose the loud option. Its all scripted as fuck. I even blew up a heli that magically reappeared in the cut scene abd completely ruined the mise en scene.

I've been working on done editor videos and anything I've recorded has been much cooler than the actual game itself and that makes me kind of sad
>>
ITT: shit taste
>>
single player is shit becuase all of the budget went into the fucking shitty GTA online
>>
>there's a mandatory story mission where you do yoga for 15 minutes
>there's a mandatory story mission where you pick up car wrecks so that a niggress and her nigfriend can smoke crack instead of working
>there are several mandatory story missions that consist of nothing but driving to a location, listening to an annoying NPC shout bullshit, then driving back
>these absolutely fucking boring shit missions that make you want to just stop playing the game outnumber actually interesting missions 3 to 1

GTA5 is a bad game.
>>
>>320645675
https://a.uguu.se/xffppj.webm
https://a.uguu.se/cfxbzp.webm
https://a.uguu.se/wnggcr.webm
https://a.uguu.se/cpbdmj.webm

>>320645825
fucking this

The only mission that was legit was the one where you went in with the exosuits and fought the military with your miniguns.
The whole game fucking baby walks you through it so fucking hardcore it hurts.
Ive seen youtubers that actually fucking complain that they cant pass a mission unless they have the autoaim on.
>>
>>320640854
>caring about story in a GTA game.

this game was made for Mp and free roam.
>>
>>320646203
MP was turned into a F2P mmo tier grind the likes of which the west had never seen before, and the freeroam was less fun than 4 because they toned down the physics alot
>>
>>320646361
MP is perfectly fun for me. I have no need to grind, i just drive around and have fun. also you can create privet lobbies

I have over 200 hours in it and still a low level. i dont care
>>
File: Jet.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jet.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320646203
the multiplayer experience is:
>I CANT AFFORD ANYTHING
>$100 real money for 8 million in game money
>total in game money needed for a fairly good amount of the game content over 400 million
>clothes alone are over $50 mill
>you cant even buy everything with a hacker dropping money on you for like 30 minutes straight
>typically wait 20minutes worth of constant disconnects and loading screens before you actually get to fucking play anything
>everyone is a fucking shitter who cant even drive a fucking car from point a to point b
>unless you play with friends youre just going to fail missions endlessly
>everyone had a ktd ratio of about 0.27
>you get punished $25,000 every time someone attacks you in a super car and you successfully win the engagement
>literally have to go into passive or ditch the faggot just so you dont get punished for being successful at pvp
>jets and helis literally unkillable if the pilot is skilled enough to dodge a rocket
>if you fly the helis everyone at like lvl 15 gets an autotargeting missle launcher and you have to stop constantly from flying to dodge missles
>script kiddie faggots will nuke the entire server under your name and everyone will report you and vote kick you from the server
>all those exploding cars typically take like $300,000 from your bank and theres nothing you can do about it
>lose an entire hour or more of work to get that 300,000 taken away in an instant
>weapons do less dmg the further you are away
>forces you to double or triple headshot people in things like jets
SURE IS FUN
>>
>>320644118
Niiice. I'll be getting it on PC next good sale. Fuck the one that just went by. 24 bongdollars for a two year old game is still a bit silly.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.