[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Squeenix just revealed the contents for their 9:99 usd holiday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: gstgwetwetwet.png (395 KB, 732x897) Image search: [Google]
gstgwetwetwet.png
395 KB, 732x897
So Squeenix just revealed the contents for their 9:99 usd holiday box, for any of you who purchased it.
>Shitty Tomb Raider game
>Thief again
>FFXIII
>Life is strange episode 1
>FFXIV (heavensward not included)

Looks pretty shit unless you were really hoping for XII or LIS; not sure what the point of giving people XIV without the expansion is.
>>
Pffff h
i am dead inside so consider my post as some epic memetic response
>>
Wow, episode 1, and 10% off episodes 2-5! Epitome of the giving spirit!
>>
>>320625695
>not sure what the point of giving people XIV without the expansion is
They don't give you the game. It's a 30-day sub which is good if you already play the game or are looking to get back into it. I'll probably redeem mine after the free login event they're doing.
>>
>>320626325
Wait then if you don't already own the game you basically just get a code for a 30 day sub?
>>
>>320626325
>>320626676

christ, so it's even worse than I thought.

I really should stop betting on these surprise bundles, they are always average or trash.
>>
>>320625695
DESU senpai that looks worth $10. If you think otherwise you're just an entitled faggot.
>>
>>320625695
C
O
C
K
R
I
N
G
S
>>
I bought this and for $10 I think it's good. Maybe I could trade my FF13 with a weeb for another $10 game during the steam sale. Always wanted to try out the new Thief also. I heard good and bad about the Lara Croft game and games like LiS just don't interest me. MMOs are cancer so I'll probably give out that free month out to some sperg on here.
>>
File: 2305524-a_realm_reborn.jpg (78 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
2305524-a_realm_reborn.jpg
78 KB, 690x388
>>320625695
is FF RR any good? or is this going to be another no life timesink?
>>
File: ffxiv.jpg (271 KB, 1004x1208) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv.jpg
271 KB, 1004x1208
>>320627726
It's an MMO. What do you think?
>>
>>320628110
okay, but is it at least good? or is it another shitty MMO.
>>
>>320628387
It's good.
>>
>>320628387
It's a shitty boring WoWclone.
>>
>>320628387
Best WoW-like MMO on the market. Take that as you will
>>
>>320628447
if I buy heavensword do I have to have the non expansion game also?
>>
>>320626867
Wait don't they unlock the Windows version of the game and give you 30 days?
>>
If you're going to use that ff14 code, use 45XETBUR when creating an account to get an exp boosting circlet that works with all jobs til level 25. I get one too and I think it looks cute...
>>
>>320628387
Personal preference. I love open world MMORPGS (open world single player games are stupid)
Sadly that FFMMO is instanced, you can't jump on the water and get lost, it feels slow compared to WoW.
I'm missing a lot of shit because I'm fallin asleep
>>
>>320627648
>For another 10
That game was 5 bucks many times. I wouldnt pay more than 2 bucks seriously if I wanted that piece of shit
>>
>>320625695
>Life is Strange E1

Come on, at least get the whole game
>>
>>320625695
>LiS
>but only chapter 1
fucking jews
>>
>expected a ff
good i wanted 13
>expected lis
only one episode, fuck this shitty bundle
>>
>Shitty Tomb Raider game
>Thief
>FFXIII
>Life is strange episode 1
>FFXIV
>80 bucks
sure
>>
>>320628387
It has a lot of content, and it's a fun ride to level 60, but once you finish the main story just unsubscribe.

Square Enix is underfunding the game's development (by what is now a skeleton crew) in lieu of XV and VII:Re and basically they don't deserve any subscription money. The current endgame is simply barren and they've burned all the goodwill they fostered over 2-3 years by releasing a mediocre expansion and few outright-shitty content patches.

We're 6 months in, a numbered patch behind schedule (currently up to patch 3.1, but we should be at 3.2 by now) and 3.1 had about one-third to one-quarter the amount of content it should have contained.
>>
File: 7a5.gif (29 KB, 482x800) Image search: [Google]
7a5.gif
29 KB, 482x800
>Tomb Raider and the Temple of Osiris
I don't even know what the fuck this is, and how is it worth 19.99?
>mixed reviews

>Thief
>base edition, no dlc
>29.99
I didn't even care for this game when they announced it.

>FFXIII
I already have it, I want to exchange it for XIII-2.

>FFXIV
I already own this too, what the fuck do I do with it.
>Life is Strange
Isn't this that wannabe telltale game with dykes?

THANKS SQUARE ENIX, JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS. PLEASE JUST SHIT ON MY CHEST TOO.
>>
>>320631019
It's a subscription
>>
>>320631019
Next time use the 10 bucks to buy a game you actually want in the steam sale you retard
>>
>>320628387
It's..."ok". Playing the game is fun, until you reach 60. If you stick to one class/job, you're going to hate the game because of the sheer amount of grind and rotation of dailies. If you're into clearing content, and doing content such as raid(not talking about void ark), then maybe it will hold your interest longer.

Also, be prepared to be social, especially depending on the server you're on. Avoid Balmung unless you want to erp with boypussi. I play on Gilgamesh but a fair chunk of the players are elitists.
>>
>>320631160
Isn't it technically the "code" that says you own the game, giving you a 30 day subscription?
>>
>>320625695

Wow, good thing I dodged a bullet there
>>
>>320631019
life is strange is actually good tho
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.