[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven & Hearth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: grande10.jpg (236 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
grande10.jpg
236 KB, 800x508
http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

"Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the shit.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

At least, those are our lofty ambitions."

Why aren't you giving this game a shot?
>>
The game-time based subscription is frozen for the holidays so it's free to play unlimited amounts of time until the 4th of January! So its a great time to give it a try.
>>
Because it went P2W in the last update.
I wouldn't mind paying for the game once, but you can shove the monthly payment mode up your ass and twist it.
>>
>microtransactions now
yeah, no
>>
>>320624507

I did, I've been playing it for years.

I paid for a few months of gametime and had fun but all my friends quit and barely anyone plays. They are adding some good stuff to the game but it's still far too hostile of a game and scares players off.

Maybe i'll try it again in a few months.
>>
>>320624507
>"Haven and Hearth is a MMORPG
A what?
>(Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game)
oh okay, thanks
>>
>A guide to help you start
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40714
>Largest public map (black is simply unmapped regions by the provider of this map)
http://map.apxeolog.com/
>>
>>320624507
TL;DR looks like shit
>>
>went full p2w jew on the last update
I'm cool OP, thanks.
I'm searching for an private server without the jewery though.
>>
>>320624750
I wouldnt say its pay to win, although game tokens, being trade-able in game, has given an advantage to those with the money to trade for better things people are selling in game.
>>
>a MMORPG
>Morpgee
>not EM-EM-OH-AR-PEE-GEE
>>
>>320625003
Its not horribly hostile if you just get away from the spawn region. But I agree it scares new players away, but since its free to play for the holidays its a great time for new players to give it a shot
>>
>>320625636

It's terrible everywhere you go, we were 5 hours away from the spawn and we still had people near us that were just out to raid and cause trouble.

They did implement the new open door policy so that is a nice change, hopefully in the future they can continue to fix the game in a way that allows people to live in a more friendly world where trade can flourish.
>>
>>320626660
Mustve been unlucky, went a few hours south and rarely see anyone
>>
>>320624507
I played for 5 worlds including the latest one but I quit a few weeks back. I prefer playing as a hermit since group play usually ends up with most people quitting or people getting bored and fucking it up first.

The more frequent updates are nice but the game still feels very much the same as it did 5 worlds back.

The worldgen needs a major overhaul to better facilitate player interaction and faction politics beyond players just getting bored and raiding people. Even trading is rare because there are no resources that are scarce enough to be worth trading without also being too rare to exploit.

A map with a proper coastline and some greater regional differences might be enough to draw me back in.

Pic related was my compound before they fucked up the ore qualities.
>>
File: hermit.png (4 MB, 1785x817) Image search: [Google]
hermit.png
4 MB, 1785x817
>>320627881
*Pic related*
>>
>>320627881
yeah making q100+ ores relatively easy to obtain broke a huge portion of the game. Also, game tokens are ruining trade relations, its the only thing people want to trade for.
>>
>>320627881

I'd agree, what they need is

>Friendlier game atmosphere
>Bigger map with better designed biomes
>Much much larger biomes
>River systems that make sense and allow for better means of travel
>Actual oceans and coastlines
>More biome exclusive content

They did a great job adding more diversity in terms of plants and animals but their biome designs are still off. With all of this you could have true commerce and trade systems picking up and allow for lots of really neat systems. You could travel the rivers in your barge buying and selling goods.

They do kinda have to remove all of russia or at least ban the people who keep botting and cheating, shits annoying.
>>
>>320624507
Waiting for the next world reset. I really enjoyed my time in the current world, though, the game is shaping up much better than Salem did
>>
I really enjoyed the game in world 3 but I just can't get behind paying for something that's so clearly a massive work in progress.
>>
It would have gone a lot better had they told people about the payment stuff prior to the launch, that shocked people and scared a lot of potential returning players off. Prices could be a bit lower too since the game still doesn't have a lot of content.

At least we have instruments now right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfzgvBZu_nM
>>
>>320628482
Have to remembers its just two people, they try their best to remove cheaters and whatnot. And I agree, less lakes, longer rivers. I think the map is definitely large enough, its just a pain traversing it. Making trading a potentially 2-8 hour trek, making people want to stay centralized on the map, in turn creates overpopulation of the region, and then creates scarcity of basic resources.
>>
>>320624507

>Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG

Stopped here
>>
>>320628673
Definitely hoping they do a reset soon, with a better way to distribute players, so central overpopulation doesnt inherently prevent new players from being able to learn the game. (no stones in starting region)
>>
>>320629069

A lot of it doesn't put more work on their table but rather simply requires them to change their mindset and accept the things that need to be changed. For far too long they haven't seemed to be able to grasp that the game has no long term content and people don't like getting bullied by hordes of russians and botters.

It does seem like they are finally coming around though, hopefully they keep pushing the game in the right direction.
>>
>>320624507
>>320625058
>black outlines on some trees
>not on others

this is gonna be one of those games where the dev doesn't have his shit together and design is all over the place.
>>
>>320629000
check'd

and yeah 10 is a little steep for what it is. 5 would be so much more tolerable.
>>
>>320629443
You should have seen it before the rework. lol
>>
File: bpfiP2c.jpg (642 KB, 1680x924) Image search: [Google]
bpfiP2c.jpg
642 KB, 1680x924
>>320629443

It looks pretty good honestly, most people have clients that shut down various things to make the game easier to run and cheat the system by hiding objects and making others easier to see.
>>
>>320628482
An ocean and larger rivers along with bigger/faster boats for travelling along them could work out well. It gives players an incentive to settle along those lines for easier access to transportation.

Bigger biomes would be cool too, I had everything I needed within 10 minutes of walking speed and once I had signposts set up they were within seconds of my home. Villages take it to an extreme and eventually have huge areas with everything they need fortified behind layers of walls.

>>320628830
The verification price is decent and gave me enough time to play the game each week. The major problem with it is that it discourages you from being online when you're not being productive though. That either forces you to use alts or talk to the people you're playing with via external chat programs, the people I knew used the latter and it made village life dull.
>>
Don't bother, the game's full of Russians
>>
Can you still get everything you've ever worked for stomped on by hordes of russian hackers?
>>
It's infested by russians and bots
don't go near it
>>
>>320630061
I havent had any issues with russians
>>
>>320630186
Bots arent totally common now. Every game has bots and will always have bots.
>>
>>320630061
The Russians don't work together as much as the old days so there are both bad and good (as far as Russians go) depending on your location. The further away from the middle of the map, the more peaceful they are because you're less likely to be competing for resources.
>>
>>320624507
Because it sounds like a mix between Darkfall and Wurm Online, both of which sucked so much that I fear that their combination will form a black hole
>>
>>320630586
Its more like Dark Souls meets Farmville
>>
>>320629903

I've always wanted them to add 6-7 different boats the game, give us some so vast they have multiple indoor sections like houses you can stock with goods.

>tfw going on ocean voyages with your buds looking for new lands to pillage
>>
>>320630728
That sounds.... worse.
>>
>>320630741
would be dope
Cannons would totally be within the realm of time or technological possibilities of whatever time frame this game is set in
>>
>>320624507
neat
>>
Its a fun game if you can get yourself started. But manages to get boring after a few months, unless you get into pvp
>>
File: laughing wtf.gif (597 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
laughing wtf.gif
597 KB, 400x225
>>320624721
>>320624750
>the game became P2W
wait what?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.