[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game prides itself for having realistic stealth >Stick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
>Game prides itself for having realistic stealth
>Stick a parachute thingy to some guy and fly him to your base after you knock him out
>He screams loudly
>Nobody notices

Can someone explain this to me? I'm not even trying to be a dick. I just don't get it.

Also.. Would I be better off getting the last of us over MGS V if I've never played either?
>>
The games never once said the stealth is realistic ever.
>>
>>320620357
Have you played any of the older MGS games? Stealth has some pretty fucking huge quotation marks around it in this series.
>>
File: 1436150316538.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1436150316538.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>320620357
>Series prides itself as being a semi-realistic discussion of the Military Industrial Complex and geopolitical conflicts
>Also has a psychic boss who reads your save file and a man who shoots bees at you
I really hope they fired somebody over that!
>>
>>320620357

no, it doesn't

it abides by its own logic and does a solid job at that, but you're a retard if you think this game advertises itself as Arma or whatever the fuck

in MGS games, fun *is* allowed
>>
ITT: OP is a faggit
>>
Anyone care to answer that second question? The last of us or MGS V? I'm torn.
>>
>>320621124
I don't have an issue if the series has always been like that. I thought I'd heard otherwise one time. I've never even played a MGS game before.
>>
>>320621189
MGSV will give you over 100 hours of sublime gameplay where as TLoU will give you 10 hours of muh narrative experience. Both are good but MGSV is an insane value over TLoU.
>>
Why has nobody corrected OP. Have none of you actually played the game? If you fulton someone that is still conscious he DOES scream for his pals, and his pals ARE alerted as fuck.

Even when you fulton an unconscious guard, the fulton still DOES make noise, and anyone within like 20 metres WIlLL hear it.

You guys all stupid?
>>
>>320620357
>>320621189
>Would I be better off getting the last of us over MGS V if I've never played either?

As a huge MGS fan, I'd honestly have to go with TLOU.

MGSV is terrible if you're invested in the plot, and the gameplay is solid, but gets repetitive after a while. There's a lot of dead space between areas, only a couple of Boss fights and it suffers from PW's problem of grinding and side ops.

A newcomer to the series would do best to either start from 1 or just ignore the game's plot altogether.

TLOU, on the other hand, was well written, had good gameplay on hard, and was actually released as a complete finished product. It's not open world, but the campaign took me about 20-24 hours on my first playthrough.
>>
>>320621875
read it again, fag
>>
>>320621898
>but the campaign took me about 20-24 hours on my first playthrough.

You're fucking terrible then because I finished TLOU's campaign in half that amount with 95% of the firefly tags and every door unlocked.

Anon is right, TLOU is a terrible value over MGS5 even if you hate the "grinding". Unless you care about multiplayer that is.
>>
>>320622240
>>320621898
Oh and this was on the hardest difficutly available on the first playthrough too.

I can't fathom how someone spent more than ~15 hours on any runthrough of TLOU's campaign
>>
>>320622237
>Nobody notices

I did, fag.
>>
File: 1449484882946.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
1449484882946.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>320620357
Lol anybody that says MGS series has realistic stealth is a ridiculous fanboy
>>
>>320621638
>MGSV will give you over 100 hours of sublime gameplay

>go here
>tranq these soldiers and fulton them
>watch cutscene
repeat

Retarded pc.uck. It's good gameplay if you're used to shit games.
>>
>>320621875
this to be quite honest with you, family
>>
>>320622534
which means that you missed it, again

they scream even if you knock them out, dimwit

but that yell doesn't attrack guard attention
>>
>>320620731
>a man who shoots bees at you
Jeez anon, he shoots HORNETS, bees would be far too silly!
>>
>>320622835
>TLOUwill give you over 100 hours of sublime gameplay

>go here
>move these ladders
>walk forward slowly and watch cutscene
repeat

Retarded sonyKEK. It's good gameplay if you're used to shit games.
>>
>>320622882
except it does attract guard attention... like I said...

There is no way to use the fulton without making noise. You can only lessen the noise made by knocking them out beforehand.

fag.
>>
>>320620357
>>Game prides itself for having realistic stealth

Where the fuck did you get that? I'm not even asking for myself. I want you to really sit down adn think whatever gave you that impression. You should know that it's completely off. MGS is a videogame through and through. It never strived for realism.
>>
File: cringeasfuck.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
cringeasfuck.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>320623296
you're wrong and a dumbshit
>>
>>320623559
>anime reaction post

Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>320620357
>Nobody Notices
Are you actually retarded?
They always are alerted by the balloon unless your far away, and once you get farther in the game they'll shoot the balloons down.
>>
>>320623559
plz explain. Everything ive said is fact. Are you saying the fulton is silent? maybe you the dumbshit boi.
>>
>>320623779
you seriously lack reading comprehension and you invent rules that the game doesn't have, most likely to try and win a failing argument

you're a fucking faggot of the stupidest kind and there is nothing left to be said
>>
>>320623971
You never answered me fuqboi. What have I said that was wrong? and what rules have I invented? Play the game for yourself and learn a thing or two.

You cant win an argument by saying "no" and namecalling. You child.
>>
File: 1439739510618.jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
1439739510618.jpg
37 KB, 417x426
>>320620357
>>
File: ora.png (241 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ora.png
241 KB, 600x450
>>320620357
Enemies try to shoot fulton baloons, you would've known that if you actually played MGSV.
>>
>>320624534
lol, OP said he has never played mgs5
>>
>>320623271
>>TLOUwill give you over 100 hours of sublime gameplay
Who are you quoting, retard?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.