[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best implementation of a cash shop in the modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: pathofexile256.jpg (27 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
pathofexile256.jpg
27 KB, 256x256
Is this the best implementation of a cash shop in the modern game industry?
>>
that or dota 2
>>
game is boring

so

no
>>
>>320619419
>dota 2

hahaha no
>>
>>320619461
He didn't ask if the game was boring or not, dick lips. He asked if the cash shop was one of the best implemented or not. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>320619372
It has a cash shop? Huh.
>>
EVE Online.
>>
>>320619793
Exactly.

Even if you notice it, all you'll find inside is 3edgy6u cosmetics for 12 year olds.
>>
>>320619372
PoE's cash shop is okay. Biggest issue is that everything feels really overpriced.

I'd argue that Warframe has a better cash shop due to the fact that you can trade mods/blueprints for their in-game currency not needing to spend a dime. They also throw discounts on their currency at you as login rewards all the time if you actually want to buy it.

Terrible shame that Warframe is total garbage though...
>>
>>320619372

Yes. Everything in PoE regardless of what you think of the game is offered for free and the ones that isn't is completely optional cosmetic fluff. I think the most P2W aspect of the cashop would be the extra storage slots which you already have plenty of.

Dota 2 is a close second only because they push their cosmetics to an obnoxious degree, which is still fine since the game is free.
>>
File: fp.png (262 KB, 652x720) Image search: [Google]
fp.png
262 KB, 652x720
>>320619697
HURR use your brain faggot. Maybe if the cash shop was a better source of revenue they could have made the game more fun derp.

As it stands, the cash shop as it's implemented wasn't enough to fund an interesting game, so it's a poor implementation of it
>>
>>320620101
>the game doesn't suit my specific personal tastes because they aren't making enough money

I wish I had your ego
>>
>>320620264
You would think that more money would mean a better game, no?
>>
>>320620101

>Maybe if the cash shop was a better source of revenue they could have made the game more fun derp.
>derp

bad attempt at baiting, be more subtle next time
>>
>>320620336
What they're earning now seems to be enough to make the best game in the genre since D2.
>>
>>320619372
Pretty much. I just wish the transmog microtransction had more charges.
>>
>>320620336
You would think that but there's tons of AAA devs that disprove that.
>>
>>320620408
>PoE fags seriously believe this

The campaign is worse than D3 and it uses antiquated mechanics with a bloated talent tree to boot. Not to mention the slow as molasses gameplay and bland graphics.

I'll stick with D3 thanks
>>
>>320620601
>worse than D3
Epin
>>
>>320619372
No. Cosmetics are far too expensive and stash tabs are mandatory.

I've probably spent $60 on the game because I enjoy it a lot, but it feels like I've actually received very little even with sales. $20 for ONE weapon skin usable on ONE character at a time? Pretty shit desu. Maybe if they were account wide.

I think Tribes and Planetside 2 were perfect as far as usable in-game items like weapons and utilities go. Everything was available with in-game currency.

Its a shame they both went to shit.

inb4 some shitter cries about grinding because they're bad at the game
>>
Perhaps. The only element that affects the gameplay is stash space, but even that is circumventable by making multiple accounts.

I like the game so much I bought a support pack that got me a t-shirt. In total I've spend like 110 euros on this game, but I've also played it for like 1,5k hours.
>>
File: 19975[1].jpg (100 KB, 908x768) Image search: [Google]
19975[1].jpg
100 KB, 908x768
>>320620667
It is though

Have fun trudging through the same boring ass campaign thrice before even getting to end game content.
>>
No, borderline p2w stash tabs and the only reason people want the crazy armor/spell effects is because the baseline shit is so bland and uninspired.
They even downgraded aura effects back during the beta so that they could sell 'enhanced' visuals in the cash shop

Best is probably dota2/csgo
Cosmetic only and you can share your stuff with others in game
>>
>>320620601
They're both boring as fugg. That's all it comes down to. Same formulas with minor tweaks. Both do what they do very well. But they are both ARPGs and can not be represented as anything other than such. ARPGs are grindy/repetetive by nature and their rewards are even more RNG based than MMOs. I can actually get gear in MMOs at a comparable rate. But ARPGs are supposed to be fast paced. I'll take repetetive MMO over repetetive ARPG simply for the reasons that there is always more content in MMOs than ARPGs.

It's an okay cash shop though. I'll agree with that stuff.
>>
File: Capture.png (566 KB, 932x711) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
566 KB, 932x711
>>320619372
What? I never understand some of you delusional fucks, the game has a very advantage bringing cash shop item in the stash tabs, it's mandatory to have more than 3 to do anything with a shop or even participate at high levels. Don't be fucking stupid. Also the best is easily Dota, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing that you can buy for an advantage in it.
>>
File: Captur1 21e.png (330 KB, 887x224) Image search: [Google]
Captur1 21e.png
330 KB, 887x224
>>320622552
Very clear* advantage
>>
>>320622552
f2p stash is already many times bigger than what we had in Diablo 2.
>>
>>320622552
>>320622668
Please, I managed three fairly high-level characters using the stock tab amount, and things did get tight at some points, but nothing a mule or getting rid of some junk didn't fix.

Had lots of fun as a Righteous Fire barbarian a long time ago, dunno if it's still a viable build now though.
>>
>>320623032
If you think 4 tabs is enough to keep everything you're an idiot.
Between currency/maps/good high level gear to sell/good leveling gear/bad gear for vendor recipes you're going to need extra tabs.
And making a mule account is just a shitty excuse for ggg to be greedy. The tools for you to be able to play the game should be baseline
>>
>>320619468
haha LoL kid detected.
>>
>>320619697
>dick lips
hehe
>>
>>320623529
>he didn't make a dozen mules in the D2 days
At this point everything else is merely convenience m8
>>
>>320623529
>>320623032
My first four tabs, by about a month into a 3 month is,
Rare Currency, Ex, Divines, etc
Trans, Tp, alts, chrom, etc
Maps
Cards, Good Jewelry, Gems
Then my next two are t1-2 uniques and shit
You're telling me, taht if you're a good player, who plays enough to actually have an opinion on this kind of stuff, that you could get by with 4 tabs. Eat dicks
>>
>>320624280
It's a free game you retard, you can mule.
>>
For players yes but game was funded via many supporters because D3 ended up being a disappointing piece of shit. You wouldn't be able to run a normal game like that.
>>
>>320624839
That's the most ridiculous shit ever, burn a few of the char slots that I have left, I think I'm at 2 or 1, and I only have 2 chars this league so far. I do think that the amount of char slots given is fantastic Or make an entirely seperate account, because my stash isn't big enough. How is that argument possibly ok. Besides, the point of this thread isn't about how to circumvent entirely too low stash tab numbers, but what game has the best f2p model. Which is Dota, followed by PoE, specifically because of the absolutely immense amount of content that both games have, that have zero restrictions on anything beyond player skill. I adore PoE, I'll play for years to come, I have 350 hours on steam with 300 from tempest/warbands, and 50 from tally, with who knows how many hundreds from before I connected to steam.
>>
File: 1448514986247.jpg (33 KB, 588x427) Image search: [Google]
1448514986247.jpg
33 KB, 588x427
>>320619372
Is there anything to do in this game besides run through empty mazes and AoE mobs of pallete swapped monsters to death? I'm at the haunted shipyard now and getting bored.
>>
>>320620841
It's been so long since I played D3 (basically I stopped a month after it released) but I remember running the same campaign in different difficulties as well. So what's the difference?
>>
>>320622552
well not only is the default stash enormous, you can theoretically have unlimited free tabs. just make alts for free. you also have 25 free character slots with inventory squares you can put shit in. if you played this game long enough to need that fucking many tabs i'd hope you would finally give them some money. and it's also worth noting there are race leagues where stashes aren't even used and challenge leagues every few months think like diablo 2 ladder reset that start you with a clean stash.

poe is literally the definition of f2p done right.
>>
>>320625462
they took that out is the difference
>>
>>320625395
Note how I said the game is free.
You have access to a realistically unlimited amount of mules.
>>
>>320625750
So what did they do? "Pay us mad dosh to boost your character to max level" like in WoW?
>>
File: IrEF7TT.png (81 KB, 236x262) Image search: [Google]
IrEF7TT.png
81 KB, 236x262
>>320625449
It's a diablo clone so no.
>>
>>320625859
Wrong, GGG is fine with 1 alt, but anymore than that and it results in account deletion, this is about a year old and it was posted on the subreddit, I'm looking for it right now. You are allowed 1 alt. I'll try to find the post.
>>
>>320625909
play the game and find out :)
>>
>>320626048
no you can't have more that one alt open simultaneously but you can cycle through ad many alts as you like -- infinite tabs.
>>
>>320619372
no but it's the best implementation of boring and unrewarding gameplay until you hit merciless difficulty but 99% ppl quit bored after beating normal

too bad because game has potential to be big
>>
>>320626048
Oh shit, I'm wrong, it's 2 clients running at once. Well that's neat I guess, still premium tabs are dope as fuck desu.
>>
File: this tastes familiar.png (36 KB, 157x165) Image search: [Google]
this tastes familiar.png
36 KB, 157x165
I like GGG and PoE but some of the shit in the cash shop looks like it belongs in a korean MMO. They obviously had to pollute their aesthetic to sell shit but I think they could have done it less obnoxiously.

Also
>razer footprints
>>
>>320626601
If the only price for the game is having to look at an occasional neon green fucknugget in town, I'm in.
>>
>>320626048
Wrong, retard.
GGG is fine with how many mules you want, they're against having more than two client open. Guess why they're fine with two. It's because that's the exact amount you need to mule with different accounts.
>>
>>320626951
Then why are they against 3+? Just server load concerns?
>>
>>320627146
If I had to guess I'd say multiboxing.
>>
>>320626601
they gave away footprints and players went out of their way to get them for free. you would also barely even realize what it was except when idling in town they're so quait. who gives a shit.

the aesthetics yeah meh i really dont know who they're appealing to. very few of them look good. they are:

>eternal supporter weapon effect (can no longer be purchased)
>demon king horns
>tentacle wings

these are all really high quality. some of the pets are neat but useless. the skin swap mtx is useful. i dont like any of the alt weapon effects. i think most of their mtx desteoyed the game aesthetic but who cares you solo 99% of the time.
>>
>>320626107
Is that the new marketing tactic Blizzard is using now? Not say shit and surprise the consumers with nothing after the game is bought?
>>
>>320627252
>tentacle wings
>good
nah m8

The apprentice armour from Forsaken masters and verdant armour is nice though
>>
>>320627521
i said they're high quality. most of the artwork effort put into the mtx is fucking dogshit. it's not my fault tons of people have wings thus your unique snowflake hipstershit self can't form an unbiased opinion. they're well made end of story.
>>
File: Columbo_007.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Columbo_007.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
>>320619461
Kill yourself.
>>
>>320627521
>The apprentice armour from Forsaken masters and verdant armour is nice though

oh and this, fuck no. their skin set cover ups are plain ugly. what's worse is i fear they will intentionally make their item drop skins look ugly to sell supporter packs with this shit. oh well at least it is just cosmetics
>>
Who here completely fucked up his passive skill tree on the first character?

*slowly raises hoof*
>>
How is sword&board in this game? Any fun, or does it just make you wish you could kill things faster?
>>
>>320628490
Sword and board is completely fine, especially if you're playing on Hardcore.
>>
>>320628490
I have a sword and board (axe but whatever) marauder and I had a lot of fun with it. Probably the character I liked the most even thought playing it was pretty boring. With enough block% and Fortify you are pretty much unkillable and with the trigger gems you do an okay amount of damage. It is slow compared to other builds though.
>>
It would be if not for bank space costing actual money
More bank space means being able to hoard a ton of stuff to sell and seeing how much time it takes to sell things with how the economy works it's a significant advantage
>>
>>320625449
Of course not, it's a skinner box.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.