[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Disney follow this philosophy for their games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Star-Wars-Kylo-Ren-unmasked.jpg (59 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Kylo-Ren-unmasked.jpg
59 KB, 786x393
>Decide to cash in on Star wars license
>write a film that rehashes everything in the good star wars films
>fanboys throw money at Disney

I wouldn't mind if they rehashed the good star wars games
>>
Go away.

>>>/tv/
>>
>>320616364
An HD Tie Fighter might be pretty good.
>>
>>320616364
This scene wasn't in the film right? Is it from VIII or was it cut?
>>
It's embarrassing how shallow BattleEAfront is to BFII.
>>
Because EA holds the license to produce Star Wars games, which is depressing as all hell.

Literally ANY OTHER DEVELOPER could produce WAY better Star Wars games with more effort, content, and heart put into them.

In fact, I'm willing to believe any other developer WOULD put more effort, content, and heart into a Star Wars game.

Shame EA has such a silver-tongued legal office. It's also a miracle that they somehow manage to retain their sports licenses as well, considering the constant legal trouble they get themselves into regarding them.
>>
>>320616364
>I wouldn't mind if they rehashed the good star wars games
pre-TFA Rogues Squadron game where you play as or alongside Poe Dameron please. I need it Mouse overlord.
>>
Kike o Ren was awful. Previous villains were interesting at the very least.
>>
File: 1445819378979.jpg (15 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1445819378979.jpg
15 KB, 168x200
>as long as EA holds rights to make STar Wars games, we'll never get a single decent Star Wars game that isn't a Battlefield clone, or some sloppy rpg cloned off one of their other garbage games

As a Star Wars fan, my desire for an actual decent and fun Star Wars game burns furiously within my heart, and knowing that within the next 10 years we'll unlikely ever see one pains me so greatly.
>>
>>320616364

Thats the big sith lord baddie? He looks like a fucboi.
>>
>>320617595
The first mission of rouge squadron 2 was the hypest game I've ever played. It's a shame EA will never not be jews and make a hype fun non shallow game
>>320617687
I think that was the point
>>
>>320617476
I'd actually go as far to say that Kylo Ren is one of the more interesting film-canon villains by far. literally the only more interesting one is Darth Vader. Star Wars siths are usually pretty boring.
>>
>>320617595
1313 is comi...oh wait.
>>
>>320617476
Literally Jacen Solo but not interesting.
>>
>>320617687
He is a fuccboi, that's the point of his character, it will be interesting to see how his arc continues for the rest of the trilogy
>>
>>320616364
>rehashed good star wars games

They did. What we got was a half baked mp-only shooter without a single player campaign that explored one of the more intriguing aspects of the universe like its predecessor did.
>>
>>320619130
Actually, it is. Kathleen Kennedy let slip that they didn't abandon that project when Lucasarts shut down and heavily implied that EA is finishing it. I'd put money on it being the game that Visceral and Amy Hennig are working on.
>>
>>320619195
This.
>>
>>320619302
Fucking please let this be true, visceral working on a star wars game, as long as EA gives them full control and don't fuck with them like DS3 would be amazing. Not a massive fan of Henning but I'm not going to complain.
>>
>>320619302

It'll be gimped by EA's ridiculously stupid greenlight checklist.

>does it have MP
>does it have DLC
>how can we profit more from it
>is it online
>ORIGIN

Origin alone keeps me from even playing any EA games. I haven't played anything since BF3 from them purely out of principle of being a shit-eating company.
>>
File: HCU64O9.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
HCU64O9.png
313 KB, 701x394
>>320616364
>can't have a manly looking villain anymore because fujo pandering and muh Loki lookalike

FUCK FUJOS
>>
>>320617476
I dunno, I kind of liked him. His teetering towards the dark side, his fear, his short temper, his doubt. He's both very powerful yet seems like a spoiled child completely lost as to what to do. He's just kind of a bitch when it comes to the lightsaber apparently. That last fight was cringeworthy. Oh a random ass nigga can use a lightsaber and not die within two fucking seconds of fighting a Sith? Sure... but at least he lo- Oh we're doing this again? Did she really just grab that saber using the force with no training? Is she really going head to head with a Sith with no training? Did she just fucking beat a Sith with no fucking training? The choreography for her fight was shit too, all she did was thrust repeatedly with the lightsaber. Even an idiot could easily deflect the thrust of a 15 year old girl and fuck her up.
>>
>>320617687
Nah he's the new Vaderkin and there's this bigger badder guy named... Skoke? who is pulling the strings aka another Palpatine figure. They played this movie really safe and just went with a refresh of A New Hope. They merged the characters of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker in to Fin (who is Solo but with Luke's personality) and Ray? (who is Luke but with Solo's personality) so they're both witty but naive and young.
>>
>recycling shit from older SW movies in new one
>not using elements from the best games to make a great movie

Wasted.
>>
>>320620240
Remember kylo had just been shot with the bowcaster of stormtrooper catapulting +10.
>>
>>320620240
Kylo was heavily injured, Rei was highly skilled with a polearm already, yeah a lightsaber isn't the same thing but I think it's implied that either: she was trained by Luke before being abandoned and/or there was some kind of 'force' osmosis from Luke to his daughter (Rei) when she uses his lightsaber, I think this is implied by the flashback. Also he's not a sith, just a corrupt asshole.
>>
>>320617118
Was in the UK version, right before he goes to the Millenium Falcon to contemplate.
>>
File: Sheev.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>320616364
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.