[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do people accept SHIT combat in video games now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 27
File: bamham.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bamham.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
Why the fuck do people accept SHIT combat in video games now? I remember the days DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden were the fucking standard, now this AssCreed Bamham bullshit is considered good and fun combat now? How the fuck can you enjoy combat when the game literally plays itself for you? Bamhma, Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, all this bullshit plays the same and has the same dumbed down combat mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVGk4Hy_v0U

That guy there is a real gamer and tells it like it is, and explains why this new AAA style combat is fucking garbage made for goddamned morons. We need more Kamiyas, Itsunos, and Suda51s, and less of this bullshit.
>>
>>320613616
>dmc
stopped reading there
>>
>>320613616
gamers are babbies now and need dumbed down shit made for kids

games like bloodborne would eat these cretins alive
>>
>>320613616
Batman combat isn't new, it's already passé. Merely a next step in generic game mill after cover-based shooting and before who knows (and who cares) what else.
>>
>Suda51

And you were doing so well, too.
>>
>>320613829
You obviously never played or seen dmc games in action, they're the pinnacle of skill and technique for action combat, and frankly should be the fucking standard for combat in games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95iY5ak0ZtM

Then again I forgot, you need hand holding combat like bamham where you hit buttons as your character leaps across the room to hit everyone. No dpad needed.
>>
>>320613616
>Witcher 3
Witcher 3 doesn't play like any of those, though.
>>
>>320613984
Suda51 games honestly have more skill than bamham shit. Watch this video:

Go to 5 minutes in this video, or 6 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j30PKp_Wub0

The guy beats a room full of enemies by literally mashing ONE button, he doesn't even use the pad to move around, because the game automatically locks Batman on to every enemy for you. It's fucking shit.
>>
>>320614140
Yes it does, watch his videos. It's Bamham combat with a sword and magic. Even has the shitty autoaim crap where your character attacks every enemy without needing to aim. It's indefensible. Play a game by Itsuno or Kamiya, they don't use shit like that, their games require actual skill and technique and thought.
>>
>>320613986
Batman combat is garbage, but saying that all action games sould play like DMC is beyond ignorant. It's like saying that all platformers should play like Mario.

Batman combat games are bad because they have low skill ceiling, limited possibilities etc., not because they're unlike DMC combat. For example, God Hand is entirely different from DMC but is easily on par with the best games in the subgenre like DMC3 and Bayonetta 2 in terms of skill ceiling, skill sets, execution et al.
>>
>>320613875

Bloodborne has the exact same combat as Banham you stupid weeb piece of shit.

If you think it's remotely difficult then just stop playing video games.
>>
>>320614164

>Suda51 games honestly have more skill than bamham shit

Yeah, barely. Every Suda51 game plays like complete garbage and he shouldn't be used as an example for anything. And he sure as shit isn't close to being on par with Kamiya or Itsuno
>>
>>320614164
>Suda51 games honestly have more skill than bamham shit
Yeah, but they're still unpolished pieces of shit.
Playing them is just not fun.
>>
>>320614265
batman combat is assasin creed combat
and witcher is..fucking blade gameplay
>>
>>320614314
No one is saying they all need to play the same, but look at Mario, it set a standard for the genre, and the good games in the genre follow it. Ever notice all the shit forgotten platformers tried to do different shit that didn't work? Mario had smooth gameplay and the jumping physics and running worked perfectly. Any platformer I played that didn't at least adhere to that sucked dicks. Sonic worked because his jumping physics were not too unlike what Mario had. Meanwhile games like Bubsy sucked dicks, due to shoddy movement and odd jumping.

Same applies here, DMC has been setting standards for years, but these western games won't fucking learn their lesson and start taking hints from the greats like Itsuno and Kamiya.
>>
>>320614449
Suda made NHM, sure, but Itsuno made DMC2. We both know what's worse.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>320613616
You're a fucking faggot, dude.
>>
>>320614439
>Bloodborne has the exact same combat as Banham you stupid weeb piece of shit.

You never played Bloodborne before, obviously. I don't remember my hunter flying across the room to hit a distant enemy the way Batman does. Bamham is made for babbies with babby brains that are too dumb to figure out to aim towards enemies or run to them before attacking, the game has to do it for them.
>>
File: browser crasher.png (237 KB, 10000x6332) Image search: [Google]
browser crasher.png
237 KB, 10000x6332
>>320613616
>a real gamer
>>
>>320614572
>look at Mario, it set a standard for the genre
Best action platformers are very unlike it though (Castlevania, Mega Man), while I can't name a single truly great platformer that closely mimics SMB.

Dissimilarity is key to success. Which is precisely what people blindly copying trendy gameplay mechanics (scrolling shooter, mascot platformer, vs. fighter, survival horror, stealth gameplay, rechargable health, cover shooting, Batman combat) don't understand.
>>
>>320614586
People who actually defend the combat in AAA games are "fucking faggots", not me. Notice mad Max combat was better done than this bamham shit, not on the level of a japanese game, but actually servicable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFiCgsUvrw
>>
>>320613616
>the days DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden were the fucking standard
They were never the standard, retard. Those were the only games of their time with combat like that.
>>
>>320614854
Old castlevania and megaman games played like sit though, with their awful movement and jumping. Note when later games in the series adapted more Mario style jumps and movement, they played way better(SOTN, Megaman X series)
>>
>>320613616
>I remember the days DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden were the fucking standard
No you don't you underaged fuck, because they never were, they were above and beyond the standard, and that's why they stood out.
>>
>>320614874
Why do you keep shilling this faggot's channel?
>>
Batman is not a fightning game.

Its like "chill out adventure game".
>>
>>320614889
They were the standard for solid action combat, just the damn west wouldn't adapt, they wanted to do "like a movie fight scene" shit, and that is what we have now. Combat in these games looks and feels like a western movie fight scene, and what a shock, it fucking blows. When's the last time you saw an actual good fight scene in a western movie, be honest with yourself.
>>
>remember the days DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden were the fucking standard

Literally never
>>
File: 1443645259947.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1443645259947.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>>320614874
No. You are a faggot beyond compare. Flailing around impotently like the lame ass baby boy zilch you are.
>>
File: goolbert.png (112 KB, 249x237) Image search: [Google]
goolbert.png
112 KB, 249x237
>>320614439
>Bloodborne has the exact same combat as Banham
They're completely different, what are you talking about?
>>
>>320614265
No, fuck his videos. I've played both enough to know that Witcher 3 plays nothing like Bamham. A bit like Asscreed, maybe, but not as counter-focused and it's far more punishing if you cock up and let yourself get surrounded. Half of witcher 3's combat is literally focusing on not getting surrounded, which is exactly what one should focus on in real life if up against multiple opponents. If anything, Witcher 3 was Asscreed combat done correctly. Could be better, but as far as combat in a witcher game, in which fast paced combat like DMC or Ninja Gaiden would look ridiculous, it fits like a glove.

Then again I started on the hardest difficulty, so maybe I had a better time with the combat simply because fucking up actually had consequences.
>>
>>320614874
its the same shit
>>
>>320614953
>Old castlevania and megaman games played like sit though, with their awful movement and jumping
Actually, you're confused. Now I can see why you'd say that DMC combat is the golden standard. What a fucking simpleton. You see, you're no different from people feeding us with asscreed and bamham. It's jsut that, if you were in charge, we'd have shitty DMC combat everywhere instead, to no gain whatsoever.
>>
>>320615080
>>320615021
They're the standard in that they are the true evolution of action combat, and what other developers should have been aping. Much like how Doom was considered the defacto first person shooter and set a standard that was copied, DMC3/Ninja Gaiden were the same, just no one answered the call.
>>
Witcher 3 plays nothing like those games though. There is no instant counter button and positioning actually matters.

I like BamHam's combat though. It's fun.
>>
Man ninja gaiden is a god damn masterpiece. I miss games like this.
>>
>>320613616

Batman games these days are just batman simulators

why do you expect great combat in these games when you still have Platinum games making awesome shit?
>>
>>320615110

Both of them lock on to an enemy, there's no effort involved. Just point click and spam one button and you're done.

Fucking Skyrim requires more skill.
>>
>There will never be a game that expands on the Prince of Persia combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgGfsZN-5I
>>
>>320615172
>DMC3/Ninja Gaiden were the same, just no one answered the call.

So it wasn't the standard.
>>
>>320615202
Too bad Oatmeal's finally lost it.
>>
They all lack the sophistication of Assassin's Creed.
>>
File: 5Ozaeng.png (37 KB, 717x270) Image search: [Google]
5Ozaeng.png
37 KB, 717x270
>>320614573

According to Kamiya, Itsuno was basically brought in last minute to try and salvage the trainwreck. So it's probably not fair to blame him for the game.
Even if he did, he redeemed himself with DMC3 and 4. Suda has yet be involved with a game with combat that could be called more than "functional" at best.
>>
>>320615232
That's all? It's the same gameplay because they both have a lock-on system?
>>
File: 1377005673173.jpg (16 KB, 178x287) Image search: [Google]
1377005673173.jpg
16 KB, 178x287
>>320615172
>it was the standard because it should have been the standard but other games never made it the standard
>>
You can defeat regular enemies with one button, sure. Enemies with tazers, larger enemies, enemies with blades, and enemies with shields. All can not be attacked from the front and have to be defeated a certain way. Try playing some of the more difficult combat challenges and three starring them. I understand your gripes with the combat, but I have finished NG2 on Master Ninja, DMC 3 on DMD mode, and Transformers Devastion on Prime mode and while these games girl you more freedom and depth, when you watch casuals play with them, they get through the easier difficulties by just mashing one button.
>>
>>320615121
>If anything, Witcher 3 was Asscreed combat done correctly.

It sure is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsB0ntiRfK0

>Could be better, but as far as combat in a witcher game, in which fast paced combat like DMC or Ninja Gaiden would look ridiculous, it fits like a glove.

This right here is the problem. Why do westerners care so goddamn much about if something looks ridiculous or not? This is why Japanese gaming is better, they design gameplay systems based on what is fun and challenging for the player, not "omg it's not realistic enough for my fake realism videogame, oh god what if people figure out it's a game and not real, the horror!" If Kamiya made the Batman games, even if the fighting looked ridiculous, would you really give a shit so long as it was fun to play? You're not gonna play it and go "goddamn combat system ruined this game, I thought it was real life until Batman started doing juggle combos and airdashes, man fuck this!"
>>
>>320615181
>I like BamHam's combat though. It's fun.

No, it isn't fun. This right here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95iY5ak0ZtM

That's fun combat.
>>
File: 1449591288495.gif (2 MB, 297x196) Image search: [Google]
1449591288495.gif
2 MB, 297x196
>>320615415
This. Arkham's combat is much more nuanced than people here give the games credit for. All while patting themselves on the backs for dullards with inferiority conplexes.
>>
Because the combat in both isn't the main focal point of the game, so that's why it's rather generic? I don't mind the combat in Batman, actually, and thought RS did a nice job on improving/polishing it for each subsequent release. You just sound pretty butthurt that the west does things different than your Japanese idols, OP.
>>
>>320615269
Too western, too cinematic looking, no air combat or juggles, and it's way too slow and focused too much on "extreme violence".
>>
>>320615516
You people really should play God Hand before you praise flashy garbage like DMC fucking 4.
>>
OP has been shitposting about this exact same subject for weeks now. I've seen you in like every Batman/Witcher thread.
>>
>>320615516
You're a retard.
>>
>>320615372
Come on now, stop replying to an obvious bait. Hes not even trying.
>>
>>320613616
You can literally beat any beat em up in existence by mashing the same button as long as you know how to dodge/counter-attack. Varying your gameplay style has always been up to the player.

Sure Batman and the likes don't have nearly the amount of depth combat gameplay-wise as pure beat em up but guess what? I don't expect them to be, because there's more to it than just the fights themselves.
>>
>>320615678
Air combat and juggles will never stop being laughable.
>>
>>320615739
You are considering you think combat that requires no aiming or agency on the part of the player is ok.
>>
It is even older than 3combat shit you liked so much.

It is about getting a high score.

I get why modern gamers hate that.
>>
>>320615516
>Posting a video where the Vergil player does the same 5 move rotation over and over.
>Fun.
>>
>>320615827
Again, read this:

>>320615434
Why do westerners care so much about something looking silly or unrealistic? It's a fucking videogame. I admit it's dumb when you're ok with shit like a guy in a bat costume leaping across buildings at night to fight thugs on rooftops, and some dude with white hair throwing fire dust in people's faces, but juggles and air dashing, that's just too much for you.
>>
Because new comers and casuals don't want to try and get good at combat so they just whine like fucking babies about how "hard" the game is because they aren't actually gamers (and I use that term as sparringly as possible).
>>
>>320615989
>implying bamham, witcher, and sleeping dogs isn't the same boring ass moves again and again and again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHhGhV_Yb8
>>
Where's that accent from? It's very odd, I can't tell.
>>
>>320616007
Why does everything have to have juggling and air dashing when it's clearly not necessary? Fucking weebs trying to force their shit everywhere.
>>
>>320616062
Devs should give them tutorials then ingame, like fighting games do. Not dumb down the combat.
>>
>>320613875
Bloodbourne is complete shit
>>
>>320616181
Because it's fun as fuck, and adds tons of depth to combat systems. Why do you think all fighting games have juggles in them? It's more ways to combo, which is more skill and more fun. It feels real good to do a juggle combo. Like that feeling you get sliding into a warm cozy bed on a wintry day.
>>
>>320616326
It's dumb in fighting games too. Memorizing a combo that stunlocks the opponent is not depth.
>>
>>320616440
It isn't dumb, it's deep, looks visually appealing, and allows for more combos. More combo freedom and variety add depth. Or do you want bamham shit where you do the same moves nonstop due to a shallow and limited moveset?

here, see why juggling is fucking awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XDAV7PV9gE
>>
>>320616124
So, in your mind, doing the same 5 moves for Vergil is an amazing feat that couldn't be easily accomplished, but because some random individual uses the same 5 moves for Batman, it's a casual and simplistic game with no real challenge?

It's up to the player to choose what they do and don't want to do and how they want to play. And as I said here, >>320615675, the focal point of Batman isn't just his combat prowess; where as games like DMC and NG, the combat is the focal point of the series.
>>
>>320615434
>Why do westerners care so goddamn much about if something looks ridiculous or not?
Because of a little invaluable detail called "tone and atmosphere" which is invariably tied with another aspect called "pace." I fucking LOVE DMC and Ninja Gaiden, but part of the reason why I love them is that their combat systems fit the tone, stylistic approach, and lore of the game. Witcher is a far more grounded universe with far more grounded characters with far more grounded abilities, so lets suppose you got your way; while I may enjoy the combat, seeing Geralt zigzagging around the battlefield like a nothing-personal-kid anime prince is not going to jive well with the overall experience the game is aiming for and it will immediately take me out of the moment all for the sake of some pretentious need for style in a game where style has no place. When I play Witcher, I don't want to play as Dante.

Same thing with Souls; the slow-paced approach to combat fits with the pace, and every movement from both you and your foes is meant to feel imposing and oppressive, forcing the player to calculate their every move. Witcher has you playing as Geralt, who is a professional monster slayer that's quick on his feet, thus the combat system is very dodge heavy with counters reserved for when the player is backed into a corner. Bamham has you playing as Batman, and so the combat system is tailored to making the player feel like a master martial artist that counters attacks by mere reflex. DMC and Ninja Gaiden have you playing as superhuman anime dudes with a focus on style and aesthetic, thus the combat systems are focused on being very fast paced and flashy. It's called having variety, and each game is meant to get across a different experience for the player.

In other words, it's not a problem at all. It's YOUR problem, and it's a problem I'm thankful developers don't acknowledge.
>>
>>320616920
Your video proves what I just said. Looks stupid and is nothing more than a memorized stunlock.
>>
>>320616920
>comparing a game like Batman to an actual VS fighting game

What the fuck

Next time you'll tell me Super Mario 64 is shit because you can only punch and kick enemies with one button?
>>
>>320616934
What is the focal point of Batman then? Judging by these shitty games it's:

>driving some crappy car in forced deathrace segments
>wandering through some generic filthdark city where it rains and is always night to show how dark and bad it is
>shitty stealth and "detective" segments made for braindead adults and children who wouldn't last 5 minutes in a metal gear solid game
>awful dialogue and writing with a crappy main character and lame villains with stupid motives
>>
>>320617190
I showed that video to explain why juggling was a good and fun mechanic, since he said it looked stupid. My argument is who cares if you feel it looks stupid, it's fucking fun and adds depth. Mario is a fat plumber yet can jump like 20 feet in the air without running, do you complain about it looking silly?

>>320616945
"grounded" sadly is another word for boring. a snoozefest. It's the same reason that new star wars sucks, the fight scenes are too grounded and boring because of it, especially compared to the fight scenes in the prequels.
>>
>>320617242
The focal point of Batman is being Batman. I didn't think that would be a hard thing to deduce. And those are some great green texts you listed, but that's like, your opinion man.
>>
>>320617242
>who wouldn't last 5 minutes in a metal gear solid game
You could've said Splinter Cell or Thief or something, but you pick a series that lets you go guns blazing all the way through.
>>
>>320617242
>>shitty stealth and "detective" segments made for braindead adults and children who wouldn't last 5 minutes in a metal gear solid game

I really can't tell if it's bait or not at this point.
>>
>>320617538
>but you pick a series that lets you go guns blazing all the way through.
>guns blazing
>MGS games

No. Splinter Cell is just a shitty knockoff of metal gear anyway.
>>
>>320617445
>It's the same reason that new star wars sucks, the fight scenes are too grounded and boring because of it

I don't remember any lightsaber fights happening in mid-air nor juggling in any of the movies. Would be funny as shit though I'll give you that.
>>
>>320617740
weeb please go
>>
>>320617731
It's possible to like attractive women but get hard to bbw porn too, doesn't mean I want bbw porn being the standard and not hot women.

bamham combat = bbw porn
japanese game combat = hot women
>>
>>320617445
>It's the same reason that new star wars sucks, the fight scenes are too grounded and boring because of it, especially compared to the fight scenes in the prequels.
funny you should say that, because the lightsaber combat in the prequels is closer to Witcher than anything you've been listing.
>>
>>320617550
I'm fairly sure that the entire second half of this thread has been nothing but bait.
>>
>>320613616
i want all games to have Dark Souls tier combat

not ironically i actually want this

its actually pretty good

backstabs included
>>
>>320617749
The prequel fights at least had some cuhrazaaaaay shit in them, the old trilogy and the force awakens are too boring and tame, like medieval sword fighting. I wanted to see shit like Kylo running along the wall shooting force lightning and them flying and doing flips and shit in midair.
>>
>>320616945
every faggot from /v/ should read this
>>
>>320617891
I prefer dmc, but I respect your thoughts because you like good japanese game combat and not westaboo movie crap
>>
>>320613616
>Bamhma, Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs

I enjoy all of those combats at lore more than DMC or Souls or any other shit you want to bring up.

Especially Mordor.
That was fun as fuck.
>>
DMC and ninja gaiden were never the standard, they were always well above the standard

shit combat has pretty much always been present in video games m8
>>
>>320613986

I mashed the same basic combo through DMD in 3SE and 4. I'm not sure why people go on like it's a hard game.
>>
>>320615516

>le teleports behind you combat
>Fun

I remember being entertained by shit like then when I was 7
>>
>>320616945
> Bamham has you playing as Batman, and so the combat system is tailored to making the player feel like a master martial artist that counters attacks by mere reflex

This can be done and not be a press X to win every trade ever
>>
>>320618065
>Especially Mordor.
>That was fun as fuck.

God, you really do like the taste of feces huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

How can you like that more than fucking dmc combat man? Even that shitty ass DmC had better combat than this shit.

>>320618070
We need to demand that dmc be the standard then and hold these companies to it. Next assassin creed should dump that shit combat system, and give us dmc style combat.
>>
>We need to demand that dmc be the standard then and hold these companies to it
This is what a weeaboo looks like
>>
>>320618161
>mature people can't enjoy over the top fighting

Let me guess, you think shit like this looks cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfa-Pa5IQLg

westaboo...
>>
>>320618070

Hard to believe, but DMC certainly doesn't have good combat either. It devolves into hit confirming into a relaunch junp-cancelling loop against lifeless punching bags that barely have tools to defend themselves, where the emphasis is placed entirely on running offense or spamming RG.

I haven't played NG, but I'm guessing it's shit too honestly. 3D combat is just sort of in it's infancy.
>>
>>320618520
>Next assassin creed should dump that shit combat system, and give us dmc style combat.

>Assassins Creed
>a world the is trying to be as realistic as a video game allows for.
>needs the assassin you're playing to attack like an anime.
pftthaha.
>>
File: 1445558269296.gif (2 MB, 410x271) Image search: [Google]
1445558269296.gif
2 MB, 410x271
>>320618520

This type of AAA games are made for the new generation of gamers, other types of combat wont makes comeback except for niche games like bayonetta, hell even DMC was casualized. Even fucking dragon age orings a god damn rpg had this type of combat in DA2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
>>
>>320617935
Fucking faggot.
Go to /a/ you will be very well welcomed there.
>>
>>320613616
The Batman games are pretty shit for gameplay but if you're a Batfag they're great, tons of fanservice and shit.
>>
>>320618520

Too bad you have shit taste and hate fun.

Mordor and AC:Syndicate has the best combat system availiabe.

Oh and i understand that you get triggered.
But i am not shitposting.

The only good combat the chinks ever created was Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>320619135

Do you honestly think mash X and press Y When blue queue pops up is a good combat system? You are just trolling at this point, no one can ever be this retarderino.
>>
>>320613616
>"WAAAAAH, WHY DON'T PEOPLE ENJOY WHAT I ENJOY? WHY DON'T DEVS FORCE IN COMBAT SYSTEMS THAT DO NOT WORK IN WESTERN SETTINGS?"

Newsflash, games have always had "bad" combat and there's nothing you can do to enjoy it. Maybe if you got your head out your ass you'd realize not all of the games you listed actually have awful combat, nor have DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden ever been the standard. Stop shilling your garbage WAB channel.
>>
>>320619271

Do honestly think mash Y 10 times, press A, X then mash Y 10 times again is better?

Or the great and perfect dodge+attack: the game?

Which is the simplier version of Bamham and AC combat.
>>
>>320615415
The whole reason the combat is fun in the first place is the crowd control aspect. 1v1 fights are easy because the system was designed around fighting 1v15 fights.
>>
>>320618816
>3D combat is just sort of in it's infancy.

What? That makes no sense considering dmc3/4 se, ninja gaiden black, god hand and bayonetta are the epitome of 3d combat systems.

Also quit playing dmc games on easy mode, the enemies are hard in dmc games on hard settings, and the game is not just launchers into jump cancel loops. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_v76ZRSQ0

>>320618952
>implying I give a shit about realism
>implying assassin creed is even remotely realistic

Yeah, because the Illuminati is real, and people really go around scaling tall as fuck buildings using fucking parkour.
>>
File: FOLLOW ME, SET ME FREE.webm (3 MB, 675x540) Image search: [Google]
FOLLOW ME, SET ME FREE.webm
3 MB, 675x540
>>320613616
>DMC3 SE and Ninja Gaiden were the fucking standard

This isn't true at all. Bloodrayne used to be the standard then God of War used to be the standard.

Not that GoW is great but it's certainly an improvement over most hack n slash games
>>
File: 1430938291290.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1430938291290.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>320613616
Isn't the point of being Batman to feel like a unstoppable ninja in a bat costume? Nobody wants to be a Batman who gets his ass kicked fighting just one thug. But there is probably a way to make it more challenging. And people need to stop copying that combat system.
>>
>>320619320
Get dead asap
>>
>>320619320
Games with perfect combat exist, so the game industry should adapt that. Why are they all adapting this shithouse fucking bamham crap? Why not dmc or ninja gaiden or god hand? Even IGN years later admitted God Hand was superior 3d combat.
>>
>>320619424
Japanese games are designed around crowd fights too, yet 1v1 fights are still fucking amazing and shit all over anything in the west:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_YpkvO5g4
>>
>>320619396

>Do honestly think mash Y 10 times, press A, X then mash Y 10 times again is better?

Whats this supposed to be? Ninja gaiden? Cause it looks like a AAA garbage game desu.

And i might not like dark souls that much but i can see how the combat is miles betters than the usual AAA game, why are you people so mad that these games have garbage combat? The balance should be in a combat similar to god of war or dmc (kinda) were you can play the game by mashing x and doing counters but you actually have combos and movement options.

Honestly you guys are the reason why games are produced to be beatable by complete retards.
>>
>>320619685

XXXXXXXXXX Down XXXXXX Y XX YYY Up YY XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX YY XXXXX
>>
>>320619451
The point of Japanese games is to be a cuhrazaaaaay wacky sob that can shit on ANYTHING, the games still give challenging and engaging combat systems that make you feel godlike yet require agency from the player. Batman can be played with one button.
>>
>>320619802
Meanwhile in western games:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>320619901

you forgot your B against shielded guys, here let me fix it

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>320613616
>grown man complaining that combat in mainstream vidya is designed for children
>youtube celebrities
topest of keks
>>
>>320613616

I like bamham, whatcha gonna do about it, feget?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_YpkvO5g4

That video is why realistic combat in games is fucking shit. That is way cooler to watch and play than seeing some fucking generic white guy with a crewcut doing sloppy ass fucking haymaker punches as the enemies yell insults at you.
>>
>>320619901
So you literally believe that your weeb shit is challenging and "requires thought"?
>>
>>320619685
I fail to see how that is even remotely different from bamham combat, except for the addition of weeb.
>>
>>320619791

That was DMC you retard ;^)

And the only mad here is you, because everyone likes Bamham and AC combat, except you weebshits.

How come, if your epicly great perfect DMC and other weebshits systems exist, they barely sell 500k?

>>320619901

Thats DMC, mate.

Bamham uses both X, A, Y, and B too. ;)
Actually, LT too.

Which is still more varied and complex than B+RT for Souls.
>>
>>320620065
Play Japanese games and let you wallow in your own filth. Have fun mashing a single button and oooohing and aaaaahing at explosions and "omg the rain looks real!"
>>
>westerners generally satisfied enough with their lives that they're fine when a game has slower paced, grounded, not-flashy combat
>nip society is so fucking depressing that every piece of media needs to be over the top, wacky, zany, flashy escapism

feels good lads
>>
File: baiting for this.jpg (13 KB, 388x223) Image search: [Google]
baiting for this.jpg
13 KB, 388x223
>>320614439
>>
>>320613616

>dumbed down combat mechanic

Yet your superior nippon combat cant handle more enemies at the same time.

Kek
>>
>>320615415
Jesus Christ. Finally someone who actually plays games instead of watching from youtube.
>>
>>320620167
>Play Western games and let you wallow in your own filth. Have fun fapping to lolis and being autistic on /v/ while telling people how to have fun.
>>
>>320620117

>That was DMC you retard ;^)

Man you are a complete ignorant, have you seen the controller commands the dmc hardcore fags pull? They are insane.

>How come, if your epicly great perfect DMC and other weebshits systems exist, they barely sell 500k?

Cause they have batman, lord of the ring or some other big name on them, the stories are really good and they are really easy games. Gamers now are lazy, they just want to press x and see the the next cool cinematic or execution and i really cant blame them, they are really well made , im a fan myself of the arkham games but their combat is indeed pure garbage just like any other AAA games.

I honestly prefer ninja gaiden combat, its so smooth and satisfying even if its not as cuhrazy.
>>
sophisticated japanese combat system coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7ydtqxk4Y
>>
>>320613616

You must be awesome, right?

Download Arkham Knight(if your PC can run it, lol)

And do AT LEAST 200 combo in the AR challenge mode.

;)
>>
>>320620116
The difference:

>entirely skill based
>extremely fast reaction times, notice how the player is literally avoiding point blank attacks with expert timed teleports, and deflecting the enemies attacks the same way, with well timed inputs
>rapid execution of both movement and attacks at once without making a single mistake
>stylish gameplay, notice Vergil taunts for style, including the part where he stands still and very slowly sheathes his katana expertly, canceling into rapid movement again the very instant the katana has been fully placed into the hilt and a shine spark is seen.

That shit is both skillful and fucking beautiful to watch. Meanwhile, take a look at this clumsy ass fucking shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVmsucYKlvo

>grrrrrrrrrrr, I'm a dark and gritty white man with short hair and a beard and raggedy clothing
>i'm sooooooooooo manly, watch me do slow awkward haymaker punches like a fucking drunk
>wow, this guy is gonna hit me with a busted rusty old pipe, this is to show how gritty and manly this setting is
>uh, I grabbed him before the pipe hit, and punched him HARD
>heh, I'm a REAL MAN, gonna go drink some whiskey!
>>
>>320620491
>arkham games but their combat is indeed pure garbage just like any other AAA games

DMC combat is garbage compared to Akrham, so just give up.

Sorry, but attacking the same generic enemy 500 times is not fun and just plain retarded.
Also the fact that you can deal with only one enemy at the same times shows how shitty and underdeveloped the combat is in DMC.
Good luck countering two or multiple enemies at the same time.
Too bad its cannot be done,
>>
>>320618148
I don't believe you.
>>
>OP starts thread with bamham arkham knight
>100+ posts later
>not a single latex harley quinn post
You're all fucking gay
>>
>>320620316
Nice false assessment. More like

>japanese society generally satisfied enough with their lives and secure enough in their masculinity and maturity that they're fine when a game has wacky, silly, and stylishly over the top combat
>westerers are so insecure and immature that every piece of media short of cartoons has to be dark, gritty, edgy realism, with rainy cities at night or grimdark european forests, and combat must always look like sloppy realistic bar fights because anything not real is unmanly and means you're GAY(same society is loves star wars and other sci fi shit full of unrealistic bullshit for some bizarre reason)
>>
>>320613616

And then they talk about weeb games having sameface.
>>
>>320620524
>Download Arkham Knight(if your PC can run it, lol)
>radeon hd 5670

Can't run it, and wouldn't want to anyway because it's fucking shit. Meanwhile Metal Gear Rising runs fine on my pc and at a smooth 60 fps. Guess I know what the superior game is.
>>
>>320613616
stop shilling your channel here.
>>
>>320615434
>hacking the shield for 2 minutes and still couldn't figure out a way to counter it
Why are there so many retards on youtube?
>>
Wait for DMC5 annoucement OP, our glory days are coming back
>>
I just started playing Severance: Blade of Darkness, and its pretty amazing.

One of the few games where the combat mechanics have me anticipating enemy movement so I can get in range to counter or dodge, etc.
>>
>>320613616
>>320619820
Yeah, but I think the problem is the low skill ceiling rather than the combat system itself. You can beat pretty much any third person action game by mashing one or two buttons utilizing block and dodge mechanics if needed. The skill ceiling is just much higher in games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>320620858

you sound like one of those sweaty neckbeards with a fedora and katana, ken-sama
>>
>>320620710
>Good luck countering two or multiple enemies at the same time.
>Too bad its cannot be done,

This player does fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-vCCAxyE4s

>>320620848
No one wants to see some ugly white bitch from a westaboo game. Japanese women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>white.
>>
MUH CUHRAYZEE
>>
>>320613616
People like the idea of what they're doing more than what they're actually doing.
>>
>>320621101
you sound like one of those douchebag brojocks that has a six pack and thinks it makes him a better person
>>
>>320621126

There was no countering multiple enemies at the same time.
>>
>>320621267

but a sixpack does make me a better person :^)
>>
>>320621273
But there was, multiple enemies attacked, he beat and countered their attacks via movement. Or did you want bahman counter button spam made for retards?
>>
File: 1448701904253.jpg (106 KB, 497x427) Image search: [Google]
1448701904253.jpg
106 KB, 497x427
This thread is pure cancer and OP is such a huge fucking faggot that he literally sucks cock even when he is asleep.

>Pick very related
>>
>DMC3 and ninja gaiden
>standard

lolno op they were/are the pinnacle of combat
and normies dont like creative gameplay like DMC theyd rather mash buttons on god of war in QTE's because it looks cool with no effort
>>
>>320613616
Wither 3 does not belong in there with bam ham and fucking shadow of mordor.
>>
>>320621351
My superior intellect makes me a better person than you though. Japanese society is better than the west, more polite, values intellect and creativity, and no one cares about big muscles over there. If anything in Japan, you'd be considered gay.
>>
Combat in Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Assassin's Creed are fucking horrible because they're incredibly dumbed down and no more than 1 enemy would attack you at the same time.
Batman, Witcher and Sleeping Dogs are the better ones.
>>
>>320621380

>multiple enemies attacked
>he moved away

I guess am also countering multiple enemies in COD and Arma too just by taking a left step.

Epic reasoning weebshit.

There was no countering mutliple enemies at the same time.
>>
>>320613616
Same reason why so many people here constantly praise these games. Vidya industry is full of casuals nowadays. It became too popular.
>>
>>320621489
>no more than 1 enemy would attack you at the same time

In AC multiple enemies attack since like AC2.

But at least we know you didnt play any of it.
>>
>>320621489
But that happens on Batman too. 2 or 3 enemies attack you while the rest does some weird dance.
>>
>>320613616
>playing single player games

this is why I like dota, it's the ultimate retard-wrangling/human resources management simulator, I love commanding real people for 1+ hour in wizard footbal
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>320621486

and that's why japan has vending machines with used girl panties?

also, I don't care what japan thinks because japan is fucking gay

also

>using the phrase "my superior intellect" ever unironically
>>
>>320621126
your right, there wasn't. instead he was able to dispatch multiple enemies at once with having to fly around from halfway across the map to counter one enemy then do the same exact thing to another like in the arkham games. if you want counters, look at royal guard videos
>>
>>320621489
>Sleeping Dogs
>better than dark souls/bloodborne
>sleeping dogs, where the enemies have lifebars on their feet, and don't even attack, just yell shit in chinese and die in 3 hits
>>
File: o8bwn.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
o8bwn.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320620848
>>
>>320613875
I love bloodbourne but come on, the combat is not that in depth.
>>
>>320621857
It's deeper than this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHhGhV_Yb8
>>
>>320621126
Lol gay
>>
>>320613616

Bamham basically perfected and popularized this style of combat semi don't think it should be getting all this shit because other games tried to cash in.

Its a style choice and in batman I think its fine. I don't want DMC in my batman.
>>
File: 1450030987148.jpg (13 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1450030987148.jpg
13 KB, 612x380
>DMC

lol

Let's not kid ourselves. DMC is shitty autism bait with punching bag enemies in which you can just stand in one spot cycling moves while occasionally jumping or dodging, and throwing in a taunt for good measure. It just favors autistic recital of weak combos to fill an arbitrary style meter when that's not the fastest or most efficient way to take out enemies.

Both movement and attacks themselves (both for you and the enemies) are slow and clunky. The movement is awkward and not fluid and is miles below the movement of NG or even something like fucking MGRR. The jump is pisspoor and because there's almost zero lateral movement it's just used for iframe spam.

The game also lacks depth (and no having an arbitrary style meter doesn't change the core mechanics); maybe if every style could be equipped simultaneously it would begin to have some depth, but having to choose between dodge, block/counter, or having more than one attack button? What a fucking joke.

Only having two weapons at once combined with shallow movesets cripples the combat and ruins variety. There are so few moves for each, nothing on the level of NG2's 15+ base attacks (counter, strong, weak, strong hold, weak hold, strong pause, weak pause, forward strong, forward weak, 360 attacks, OT, UT, bow, shruiken, air combos) for each weapon + dodge/block; this is without even going into the 50+ combos for each weapon. And not to mention NG2's more fluid movement, more strict timing, more smart and adaptive enemy AI (especially bosses), and the weight given to moves by not being able to simply hop right out of them into a full i-frame to apex jump whenever you see an enemy do one of their predictable tells before an attack.

And before spewing childish nonarguments like "git gud" yes, I am an avid action game fan and have played them for many years. And yes I am a master at the genre. And yes, of course I have beat the game on DMD; I would never critique a game without mastering it first.
>>
>>320621812
You're a shining star, anon.
>>
>>320619431

>Orville brothers build a flying machine that barely gets off the ground.
>"The epitome of flight!"
>Still a piece of shit that barely works.

Sorry nigger, but it's not that good. I played through up to Heaven and Hell and got bored because the combat was actually sort of shallow.
>>
>this whole thread
>implying lolipop chainsaw isn't the pinnacle of action combat
>>
>>320621942
>I don't want DMC in my batman.

>I don't want fun in my batman.
>>
>>320621951
inb4 tldr/expect me to read that shit memes
>>
Condemned/condemned 2 is the pinnacle of FPS combat
>>
>>320622102

Batman is already way more fun and higher quality game than DMC.

Adding DMC shit would just lower the quality.
>>
>>320622049
Ok so what would be a good 3d combat system then, enlighten us oh wise one.
>>
>>320621812
Love u anon
>>
His entire criticism of Batman combat is based on fighting basic enemies. Its actually hard and requires attention when more enemies and gadgets are required and you cant just attack and block. Its clear he didn't play it. I would like to see him go into the challenge modes and say the retarded shit he's saying because he would die instantly and prove himself wrong
>>
>>320615692
Someone who has played DMC4 is likely to have played God Hand as well.
>>
>>320622280
Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma/2/Sigma 2 is the gold standard.
>>
>>320622202
No, that honor goes to vanquished, the greatest shooter ever made.

>but that's a tps

It's so fucking awesome it transcends labels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScCr_U-6loE
>>
>>320621812
Holy shit, more
>>
>>320613616
Western devs are lazy shits regarding fighting gameplay.
And actually lazy in many other regards as well.
>>
>>320622310
Wrong, watch his fucking video, he beats entire rooms mashing one button. Bamham is fuckin trash dude.
>>
Why do Americans demand so much realism in video games? Is the entire country lacking in imagination and unable to suspend their disbelief?
>>
>>320621489
Work on your bait, wouldn't work on a board that wasn't filled with massive retarded teenagers like /v/ 2bqh
>>
>>320613616
batman is fun to me
>>
File: xncw.gif (384 KB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
xncw.gif
384 KB, 245x263
Ninja Gaiden > Bamham > God of War > Bayonetta > DmC > DMC3/4 > MGRR > DMC1/2 > everything else.

IMO of course, coming from a master of action games and an avid fan of action games for many years.

Keep in mind I don't play meme game shit like Godhand or W101
>>
>>320621486
*tips*
People who have to validate their intellect to others usually aren't actually very smart :^)
>>
>>320622525
How's that a bait? It's just my honest opinion?
Tell me which casual babygame are you defending.
>>
>>320615634
>>320619424
>>320620404
>Thank god somebody finally defended Batman's godawful combat!

Look guys. Adding special enemies who demand unique strategies doesn't actually make the combat any less garbage.
>>
File: udexnc.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
udexnc.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320622412
>>
Western devs happened. Bunch of hacks.
>>
>>320622486
I watched the video and addressed it in the very post you replied to, fucking retard. Its like you read what I typed and comprehended none of it. Those are basic enemies that aren't even meant to be a challenge. When the game wants to be difficult it is, you're just proving you haven't played it either. He uses the Star Wars game as an example of good combat and the point he makes is there's multiple systems going on that each need your attention and thought to adress differently and its the same with Batman when there are several common enemies, shielded enemies, stun enemies, shield enemies, tall enemies, sword and knife enemies, and there's even more than that off the top of my head. If I open Doom and record me killing basic grunts as my argument to say Doom has awful combat I would be called an idiot because there is more to it.
>>
>>320613616
>That guy there is a real gamer and tells it like it i

You lost me here.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>320622686
>Combat in Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Assassin's Creed are fucking horrible because they're incredibly dumbed down and no more than 1 enemy would attack you at the same time.

If you expect me to believe you're actually so dumb you wouldn't even google the claims you make before posting, you're fooling yourself.
Nice bad bait.
>>
>>320622839
>he voted for undertale

Leave this board immediately.
>>
>nobody picking this as a troll
Are you all fucking retards?
>>
File: ronald.jpg (1 MB, 2399x3000) Image search: [Google]
ronald.jpg
1 MB, 2399x3000
>>320615634
>actually using the word dullard
10/10
>>
>>320622393
looks bad-ass anon

for some reason I get bored by robot-future settings with thousands of bullets and energy projectiles flying around though

i much prefer finding a sawed-off shotgun in a dark alley with 1 bullet in it every hour and beating angry homeless people to death with grimy pipes and debris
>>
File: gigglingwhores.png (372 KB, 438x391) Image search: [Google]
gigglingwhores.png
372 KB, 438x391
>>320613616
>real gamer
>>
>>320615634
>Arkham's combat is much more nuanced than people here give the games credit for
Why? Because there's some variety in the enemies and some of them require unique approaches? You do realize that enemies who demand specific approaches actually harm combat right? Like they slow the pace down and are usually not even that fun or well designed.
>>
>>320623314
>You do realize that enemies who demand specific approaches actually harm combat right?

You must be real shit at games and real life both.
>>
>>320623227
>i much prefer finding a sawed-off shotgun in a dark alley with 1 bullet in it every hour and beating angry homeless people to death with grimy pipes and debris

Sounds real westaboo and sickdark
>>
>>320623118

no, this is /v/, it's entirely probable OP is serious
>>
>>320623389
Great deflection fanboy. There's a reason why peple shat on DmC for having enemies you can only harm with angel or demon attacks. It's a dumb system that only makes a game less engaging and kills the flow of combat.

I've played Arkham games. The combat was ALWAYS boring easy mode trash that veered towards obnoxious garbage once the endgame arrived and I started being overwhelmed with gimmick enemy types.
>>
I feel like this is just one guy shilling his channel.I saw him and his dumb video in literally every witcher 3 combat discussion its kinda sad at this point
>>
>>320623314
Literally git gud shitter. This isn't DMC where you can button mash every enemy.

Ninja Gaiden has enemies that require specific tactics and has an increased focus on timing, movement, and tactics.
>>
>>320623431
the combat is really exceptional thats why i mentioned it, most horror games are pretty dark lol
>>
>>320623554

At least you made it till the end.

DMC bored me to death on the first level, by having to kill generic enemies with hundreds of hits.

Just boring as fuck.
>>
File: 1447459467001.png (9 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1447459467001.png
9 KB, 387x429
>>320620710
>DMC combat is garbage compared to Akrham, so just give up.
Holy shit, I want dumb people to leave.
>>
>>320623757

Then you should start leaving first.
>>
>>320623614
>Literally git gud shitter
Gittin' gud wouldn't make it any more fun. The combat system's core dynamics have to be fun before I'm going to find an obnoxious enemy who resists them to be any fun at all either. There's golems in dragon's dogma who needs you to damage specific magic talismans to kill him rather than outright direct damage. The metal version's magic talismans weren't even attached to it's body and you had to search the environment for them. That was a fun twist on existing, enjoyable mechanics that asked me to approach a boss is a unique way. Riot Shield enemies or Cattleprod Thugs aren't bringing valuable, enjoyable or engaging changes to the core dynamic. They're just ask you to be mildly less braindead than usual in orderto cope.

>Ninja Gaiden has enemies that require specific tactics and has an increased focus on timing, movement, and tactics.
Not in the same way you'd see in a Batman game.
>>
>>320623959
>Gittin' gud wouldn't make it any more fun.

yes it would because you wouldn't die so much and bitch on an anomalous mongolian tea hobbyist telegram exchange lol REKT U FEG
>>
File: 1450327500347.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1450327500347.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>320624119
>yes it would because you wouldn't die so much
Oh so you're so deluded that you think it must be the fact that I'm dying that's making me dislike things? Wow.
>>
>>320624245

yes, because yur a little bitch LMAO I bet u get bullied for being fat m8
>>
>I LIKE THIS AND HATE THIS ANYONE WHO LIKES WHAT I HATE IS THE EVIL DESTROYING ALL I HOLD DEAR!!

Is all I'm hearing from both sides of this "debate".
>>
BamHam combat is

>BABBY PRESS YELLOW WHEN YELLOW FLASHES
>BABBY PRESS BLUE WHEN BLUE FLASHES

I refuse to believe this game is intended for anyone outside of a kindergarden.
>>
File: 1295285736046.jpg (7 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1295285736046.jpg
7 KB, 195x195
>>320624343
Take it easy there kiddo. Don't shitpost too hard or you'll strain yourself.
>>
File: 1415665157968.gif (969 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1415665157968.gif
969 KB, 245x280
>>320624119
>>320624343
dude wut
>>
>>320616945
Comparing Souls to Witcher is fucking absurd. You're right in Souls combat being good because it's slow and deliberate but the Witcher combat is literally on the same tier as Batman, AC, Shadow of Mordor etc. mash fests. It's boring, shallow and easy as shit on any difficulty.
>>
>>320623959
GIT
GUD
SHITTER
>>
>>320624654
Are there people on /v/ who actually think it's possible to be bad at Batman games? Seriously? They're as shallow as combat can possibly get, you literally can't lose unless you put the controller down.
>>
>>320621951
I too hold NG2 as the pinnacle, but nigga please. You're putting out all these issues that either don't apply to DMC or apply to both DMC and NG.

NG can be flashy as fuck and non efficient with combat as well, and you can't even weapon or style switch mid combat, you pause to change weapons, ki powers, or items.

DMC movement isn't slow and clunky, it's fast and choppy, completely different from how fluid and controlled movement is in NG. I still prefer NG but you're wrong about why DMC combat isn't as good.

As for style switching, it adds a whole other level of depth that, again, is completely different from the approach NG takes. This comes down to preference at this point because both work well but for different reasons. DMC feels more broad and wide mid combat while NG2 let's you pick and choose between pauses during combat, so knowing which style to choose first on upcoming enemies is much more important.

Timing for counters and combos is not very different between each game on their hardest difficulties. Anything below that doesn't count as it's not how these games were meant to be played.

Less movesets is made up for by style switches as explained above. Enemies are exactly the same between games, don't try to act like they're any different.

As one fan of the genre to another, don't be such a faggot.
>>
File: dmc-donte.png (486 KB, 734x522) Image search: [Google]
dmc-donte.png
486 KB, 734x522
>>320613616
Because 95% of people that play beat em' up and hack n slash games just spam they same shit all the time. Only a few people out there actually take the time to git gud. So when you have a game aimed at casual gamer, it's not necessary to put in a lot of depth. They're not trying to appeal to the hardcore audience.
>>
>>320621951
>maybe if every style could be equipped simultaneously
Have you even played DMC4? Or do you actually think having 150 commands on 6 inputs would be viable on 4 buttons.

Also stop using shallow and depth when you have no fucking idea what they mean, having a variety of linkable attacks is depth. Having more base attacks means nothing if they aren't linkable at all. There's a reason DMC4 has amazing combo potential and Ninja Gaiden 2 doesn't.

>master of the genre
Post some combo vids family
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.