[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought mustards are always pro consumer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: reality.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
>UFC-Que choisir, a French consumer association, has sued Valve over some clauses in their subscriber agreement that they consider illegal or abusive.

>Source (in French): http://www.quechoisir.org/telecom-multimedia/informatique/communique-plateforme-de-jeux-video-steam-l-ufc-que-choisir-assigne-la-societe-valve

>UFC think the following things are problematic:

>Steam's Subscriber Agreement explicitely forbids users to sell their games, despite the transfer of ownership of digital products/licenses being legal
>Valve declines any responsibility in case they get hacked and users' personal info get stolen
>Valve claims ownership on the rights of any user-created content uploaded on Steam
>It is impossible to get the money on your Steam Wallet back if your account is closed/deleted/banned
>Valve applies Luxembourg's consumer law regardless of the user's country

Holy shit, Valve does this and people on reddit are defending them?

So tell me, /v/, are you pro or anti-consumer?

>inb4 yes I visit Reddit and no, I don't see anything bad about it
>>
Hello Reddit
>>
File: 1449668566379.jpg (55 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1449668566379.jpg
55 KB, 640x512
Vive la France
vive la revolution
>>
>>320610013
>Steam=PC gaming market

Everyone gains when corporations get hit in their hook noses.
>>
valve is obviously on a whole other level

do you know how much they are worth?
>>
Why doesn't Valve allow the sales of games for steambux to begin with?
You can already trade them for keys then resell the keys for steambux, so why not cut the bullshit and allow to sell directly for steambux?
>>
>>320611541
Yeah, this would be nice. Hopefully those French fags will sue them into oblivion.
>>
>>320610379
Hello, anon.

edit: thanks for the gold, kind stranger.
>>
The people who use the term "PC master race" unironically aren't pro-consumer, they're pro-Gaben.
>>
>>320613181
Oh, yeah, don't even remind me those retards. They really let their "lord" to fuck them in the ass.
>>
File: Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day.jpg (33 KB, 753x564) Image search: [Google]
Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day.jpg
33 KB, 753x564
>Defending a corporation for free

Holy shit. No wonder Gabe is so rich. He doesn't even have to hire PR agents like other companies. His "fanbase" does it for free.
>>
If something is only distributed through Steam, like Paradox games are now, then I just pirate them.
>>
I've always regarded Steam as a necessary evil at best. I don't understand the people who practically worship it.
>>
File: 1449874486735.png (202 KB, 381x285) Image search: [Google]
1449874486735.png
202 KB, 381x285
>>320610013
>using Steam
>not pirating 24/7
>>
>>320614742
Get raped
>>
>>320610013
Steamfags are like the consolefags of PC. These are the people who used to defend Valve for being able to just take all your legally purchased games if you violated their TOC. Complete corporate cocksuckers.
>>
>>320615318
Unfortunately, if you're posting on forums, you have to deal with those sheepis retards.
>>
>>320615318
>poorfag detected
>>
>>320616257
Well no, they defended that here as well. Valve has tons of cocksuckers ready to defend it's practices.

I'm glad they at least stopped that a while ago, they no longer repo all your games, you can still play offline. Because that was some absolutely disgusting anti-consumerism and literally no other industry would be defended for taking your shit for breaking some rules.
>>
>>320616764
Couldn't you always play your games offline on steam? I remember playing Half Life 2 without internet connection.
>>
fucking nanny states
>>
>>320617085
I don't use steam so I don't know the details, but I know a while back people would lose access to their entire library if they were banned for TOS breach. No offline mode, no nothing.
>>
ugh i cant wait until all right wing idiots die out
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.