[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming When will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: pc gaming is cheaper.png (2 MB, 1247x1533) Image search: [Google]
pc gaming is cheaper.png
2 MB, 1247x1533
>PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming

When will this meme die?
>>
>>320603950
I can buy a PS4 for 300 bucks.
That build does not account keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, OS and speakers/or headphones...

I would even pull the "monitor" bullshit bc you can connect it to a TV.

I can match any triple A PC price on amazon or ebay, period.

You actually get free games for paying for live/ps+, that's pretty much what you're paying for.

Next cumbucket.
>>
>>320604248

>you're pretty much paying for games, but they are free
>>
>>320604248

And do you have a good PC with that 300$ PS4 ?

You can cry if you want
>>
>>320604248
>That build does not account keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, OS and speakers/or headphones...
Real tired of hearing this.
Everyone already has this stuff for their not gaming PC they'd be replacing with a gaming PC, so the vast majority of people would not need to buy any of this stuff.

>you get free games if you pay for them
No.
>>
when you stop buying shit games
and shit consoles port games for pc
>>
>>320604423
"pretty much" not the same as "directly paying for games" I won't have to draw this for you will I? Because I don't have the skill or time.
>>
>>320604679
>I'm paying money to get games I may not want
>this is a good thing
Shameful.
>>
>>320604248

I can run every current game at max settings with my current build. My current build is as follows:

Windows 7
i7 4790k Devil's Canyon
Cooler Master Hyper blah blah
GTX 980ti
16 GB RAM
250GB SSD to run the OS off of
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs that were left over from previous builds
some bullshit ASUS Mobo capable of 4k but I don't really use it
A really nice ASUS IPS 1080p 25 inch monitor can't be assed to recall the exact make

I have a DVD/CD Drive because I have a PS4 as a blu ray player, a Xbone controller for certain games, a LG G110 LED keyboard that I've had for years and a nice Corsair LED mouse. Obviously, this all cost a lot more than 300. Keep in mind that I had a Radeon HD 6850HD before I upgraded to the 980ti.

Money isn't an issue for me because I work hard. All of this was way more expensive than console gaming, but at the end of the day paying for Live/PS+ is still stupid if you actually want to own your games for keeps.
>>
>>320604541
I couldn't give two shits if you're tired or hearing that or not cumbucket.

Everyone already has this stuff for their not gaming PC they'd be replacing with a gaming PC, so the vast majority of people would not need to buy any of this stuff.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

People just have OS copies laying around? Keyboards, mouses and mouse pads sitting on a shelf? You're saying that everyone in any first world country has these things!? Get the fuck outta here. Most people I know have Ipads, tablets of cellphones which they use for social media and shit. Stop spreading cum out of your mouth kid just to take money out of your make believe400 USD build which is just the tower and nothing else.
>>
>>320604430

>And do you have a good PC with that 300$ PS4 ?
I have a gaming console.

>You can cry if you want

Is this your brain giving out a last fart or something?
>>
>>320604889
>People just have OS copies laying around?
You aren't suggesting that people actually buy OSs, are you?

>Keyboards, mouses and mouse pads sitting on a shelf?
No, on a desk where a to-be-replaced not gaming PC currently is.
>>
>>320604750
Steam users are the worst offenders, with the least attachment rate when it comes to game, the "hardcore" crowd on PC is 1.5 million people. The rest just buys games and never touches them. I guess the console peasants are playing their games at least. Whether they are piss poor "free" indies or not.
>>
>>320604963
>wannabe pc4
>a gaming console
pick one
>>
>>320604889
>People just have OS copies laying around?
I got two separate bootable Win 7 USB sticks
Got at least one extra each of those.
>>
>>320605090
That's nice deflection and all, but the point is no one is forcing you to spend money on shit you don't want on PC.
If you get shit you don't want on PC, it's because you intentional bought shit you don't want, and that's on you.
>>
>>320604825
>Money isn't an issue for me because I work hard. All of this was way more expensive than console gaming, but at the end of the day paying for Live/PS+ is still stupid if you actually want to own your games for keeps.

I see nothing wrong with what you wrote. You can actually play live games if you somehow stop paying for it. Same doesn't happen to PS+, but they will eventually change that. 50 bucks a year and you get over 60 games + triple A's for free? I'd do it if I didn't strictly played on PC.
>>
It's cheaper because pc gamers pirate everything baka desu senpai
>>
>publishers need to discount the games at launch so pcpoors can actually buy them
pretty sad
>>
>>320605050
>You aren't suggesting that people actually buy OSs, are you?

They should, it's piracy. But I guess PC gamers gotta keep their rep, amrite?

>No, on a desk where a to-be-replaced not gaming PC currently is.

Keyboards and mice don't just appear out of nowhere. And if the person didn't previously owned a PC, tat will cost money, that's all I'm saying. What's hard to understand about this?

PC gaming is better than consoles, period, but don't come pull bullshit on me.
>>
>>320605302

Eh, yeah, but you can't even choose what games go "free".

I've seen people go "yeah i'd buy it but im just gonna wait for ps+ top kek!"

That's stupid to me. I'm primarily a PC+Retro/Nintendo guy, so it doesn't really affect me. I have a PS4 just to finally wrap Kingdom Hearts up and play weeb shit/Bloodborne.
>>
>>320605447
>They should, it's piracy
No they shouldn't, fuck Microsoft and their API
>>
>>320604248
>>320604889
>>320605447
Fucking owned.
>>
>>320605447
They should
LOL

>And if the person didn't previously owned a PC, tat will cost money, that's all I'm saying. What's hard to understand about this?
Who the fuck doesn't own a PC? That's all I'm saying. What's hard to understand about this?
>>
>>320605228
Again, you're paying for a service that has a lot of features built in to it. Games is one of them.

It's a fair trade off. I'd rather have to pay that than to not be able to play used games on PC, or the forced steam DRM (don't come with that "you can play in offline mode" bullshit please. No platform is perfect, console plebs have to pay for online MP, big fucking deal. They get games and other shit
>>
File: free.png (500 KB, 781x438) Image search: [Google]
free.png
500 KB, 781x438
>>
>>320605664
Consoles themselves are far more intrusive DRM than Steam is.
>>
File: 1397161040959.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1397161040959.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
>>320603950
Idort here, you CAN buy a $400 PC that matches consoles, but that $400 PC will still shit itself every time a bad port happens, and as hardware gets more powerful and requirements get higher, it will end up being outdated way too fast.

The only people claiming a proper gaming PC is cheap are consolewarring retards who feel the need to shit on consoles. Buying a cheap PC is really just the best way to deny yourself some of PC gaming's advantages. Don't cheap out. $600 should be the baseline, and that doesn't consider how NA hardware prices tend to be lower than anywhere else.
>>
File: amazing free games.png (24 KB, 527x206) Image search: [Google]
amazing free games.png
24 KB, 527x206
>>
>>320605768
>but that $400 PC will still shit itself every time a bad port happens
which are no worth playing
>>
>>320604248
>It's free!
When will this meme die

Have another Fez or a dollars worth game for FREE, what value.
>>
>>320604889
Fuck man, my gaming pc replaced a laptop so I had to buy this shit but I really just bought a £10 keyboard and was fucking fine. Shit's not expensive.
>>
>>320605780
>"amazing"
>>
>>320605527
Wouldn't people abuse that system and chose triple A's and shit? Moderation is the key. Sony and microsoft could have fucked them even worst, with no games, and no free app music and shit. On PC that's a given, we can just pirate and be done with it, but when you're 13 years old and all you have is a console and your PC knowledge is limited, having shit for "free" is a blessing, even if you can't chose what you get.

I wish I paid 50 bucks a year for 60+ games when I was a kid... I could barely afford a single fucking game a year lol...
I've also heard people saying that about the PS+ deal, that's retarded, but let's be real, they are paying for it. Companies aren't just giving out free games.

Weeb shit on PS4 is great, specially japan only releases since it's region free, I'll eventually buy a ps4 just for that.
>>
>>320605675
What a great collection of games.
>>
>>320604248
You can connect a PC to a TV as well. Let's include the costs of monitors AND Tvs. A decent monitor will run you 100-200 dollar, a TV is what, 600-700?
>>
>>320604248

>I pay for free games

Not free then is it
>>
>>320605934
BUT YOU MUST BUY A GAMING KEYBOARD FOR 300€ AND A GAMING MOUSE FOR 800€
HOW CAN YOU PLAY WITHOUT A 7.1 AND A HEADSET OF 400€ ASWELL?
>>
>>320605648

>Who the fuck doesn't own a PC? That's all I'm saying. What's hard to understand about this?

Are you implying that 7.3 billion people have PC's!? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dude, go look at how many PC's are on the market. The market share is actually getting SMALLER. There's statistics on that. Also, many of my friends do not own a PC.
>>
>>320606017
a decent tv thats not tiny its around 1100€ if you don't buy some shit company
>>
>>320605748
No, just no.

Even diablo 3 is playable with no internet connection on consoles. Like, well EVERY SINGLE player game on consoles. Don't say that. I wish steam was like that, that's why I use GOG and Origin.
>>
>>320604248
>keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, OS and speakers/or headphones...

Okay. KB/M will run you $20-30, new. You don't need a mouse pad. You can get an OS for free. And who the fuck doesn't have at least one pair of head phones somewhere? Not to mention if you DO use your TV as a monitor the speakers are included anyway.

Hell, a lot of that stuff you can get from your friends for free, or just pick up from good will for dirt cheap. Shit, I've found perfectly good computer monitors on the side of the road.
>>
>>320605880
PS+ gives out at least a triple A game a month. What the fuck are you saying? I don't own a console and even I know that. Just check Sony's youtube channel. Fez was actually pretty good, that cumbucket of a fag who "stole" it, is not.
>>
>>320606131
>Are you implying that 7.3 billion people have PC's!?
Yeah man, I was totally talking about India and shit.
You nailed it.

I see no reason to read further.
>>
File: 1353854290969.gif (894 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1353854290969.gif
894 KB, 320x213
>>320605768
>as hardware gets more powerful and requirements get higher, it will end up being outdated way too fast.

I'm playing current games on my 6950 that I bought in 2011 with better FPS, resolution and looks overall, you're so full of bullshit. Even if hardware for pc does advance, long as you got something stronger than a console, you WILL ALWAYS run games better than consoles.

Just cause you can't max all games without the latest and greatest is not a negative dick head.
>>
>>320606221
>Even diablo 3 is playable with no internet connection on consoles. Like, well EVERY SINGLE player game on consoles
weird when i got no internet i couldn't play most of my 3/360 games (store ones)
>>
File: SKULL JOKE.png (170 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
SKULL JOKE.png
170 KB, 500x303
>>320605972

You're not wrong anon, but to me there is no value in paying 15 dollars a month for a randomized library. Can you understand that? You seem sensible enough.

I am a retro collector and a PC/Nintendo guy, and I'm pretty happy with that. I won't deny that Xbone has some games I'm interested in like Scalebound and Rare Replay checking out or that there are some PS4 games I haven't played such as The Last of Us, but as a guy that has access to over a thousand games both old and new I just don't see the point when my backlog is huge as it is. I will however be getting the Ratchet reboot day 1, because that shit is GOAT.

Basically, a guy like me with a huge ass library of games both physical and digital on PC sees no real value in a service like PS+ or Live.
>>
>>320606110
I never said that you autistic fuck. The fact that you have to sound like an autistic fuck and misrepresent what I said says thousands about your weak argument, pathetic. This is 4chan after all.
>>
>>320606302
most free ps plus games are indie games
>>
>>320604889
Most people have a computer of some kind, yes. This is extremely common
>>
Fallout 4 is just a badly optimized game and console are still $50 cheaper
>>
File: rape.png (248 KB, 477x358) Image search: [Google]
rape.png
248 KB, 477x358
>>320603950
>consolewars

When will this meme end?
>>
>>320606485
When consoles end
>>
>>320606415
i'll give you a tip i'm agreeing with you fucking retard
>>
>>320606506
But PCfags are part of the cancer as well. So I guess it will end when games end.
>>
>>320606221
Diablo III has literally nothing to do with Steam you immense retard.
>>
>>320603950

Of course it works out cheaper when you pirate literally everything, you neet shitstain.
>>
>>320606328
>a $400 PC will end up being outdated way too fast
>bullshit, my $300 video card is still fine
No fucking shit, that's the point.
>>
>>320606564

>not just loving video games and stopping the fighting, not letting petty bullshit get to you

I don't know why this is so hard for some people. Is it because of envy? Money?

Like, I just finished Witcher 3 on PC, am working on Xenoblade Chronicles(1st game, just beat the Telithia) on my Wii U, and after that I'm probably going to play some Sega Saturn. What the fuck is so hard about just enjoying vidya?
>>
>>320604889
I'm loving this cringe.
>>
>>320606302
>*cough*I'm not a shill, Fez was actually good goyum*cough*
>>
>>320606221
>I don't know what Steam Offline mode is
>>
>>320606650
>No fucking shit, that's the point.

My $300 card, in 2011 which is out performed by $150 cards of today.

No fucking shit, that's the point.
>>
>>320606228

>Okay. KB/M will run you $20-30, new.

You can actually get cheaper keyboards, with a mouse, that's not my point. My point is that you will have to waste money on it, why not just add 6 to 10 bucks on the build? Because the people that do this shit are disingenuous pieces of shit.

>You don't need a mouse pad.
Depends on the mouse. If you're going for a 6 bucks cheapo from china, yeah, you're going to need it.

>You can get an OS for free.
I can also get a ps4 for free, just have to kill someone. Don't bullshit me, let's pretend the person doing the build isn't a fucking disgusting pirate.

>And who the fuck doesn't have at least one pair of head phones somewhere? Not to mention if you DO use your TV as a monitor the speakers are included anyway.

And have you tried connecting your PC to a TV? It's garbage. If you have enough money to waste on a TV with decent speakers, which only TV's above 700 bucks come with, you have enough cash to bu ya better PC, and this 400 "build" argument is nonsense.

>Hell, a lot of that stuff you can get from your friends for free, or just pick up from good will for dirt cheap. Shit, I've found perfectly good computer monitors on the side of the road.

This only works if you have friends haha.
>>
File: 1449351230598.png (51 KB, 514x384) Image search: [Google]
1449351230598.png
51 KB, 514x384
>>320604889
Jesus

This is what Consoles do to you gentlemen.
>>
>>320605664

>don't come with that "you can play in offline mode" bullshit please

Why? because it literally shits on any point you're trying to make? Please keep moving the goal post
>>
>>320606303

The PC market is not even 3 billion. So no, it's not just third world countries... Jesus, get up to date with the times. Poverty is everywhere.
>>
File: 1409931111615.jpg (112 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1409931111615.jpg
112 KB, 601x601
>>320603950
>>
>>320606768
>pirating Windows
>disgusting
>>
Consoles are cheaper!

>posted from my $1100 Macbook which can just about browse facebook before burning me
>>
>>320606768
>Someone who doesn't have any experience with PCs tries to lecture people about PCs

Also you write pretty much like someone with autism.
>>
>>320604248

having a PS4 assumes you already have a PC with internet connection and a TV

fuck off with these arguments
>>
>>320606328
>Even if hardware for pc does advance, long as you got something stronger than a console, you WILL ALWAYS run games better than consoles.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I remember having an 35300 OC to 3500 GHz and a 5750, rran Skyrim maxed out at 60 FPS in 1280x1024... MUCH MUCH better than any console at the time.

tried to run any cod game, ran like shit, Need for speed games? Not even on lows. Souls games? Ran like a snail. Gtav!? Didn't even launch.

Should I go on? Thankfully I have an i7 now ad a 780ti, which I plan on upgrading.

Shit has been getting better now, since these consoles are weak and the architecture is x86, developers are FORCED to optimize the code, and because of that PC ports are getting better and better. But it's not as good as you say it is.
>>
>>320603950
Misconception. It's fucking misconception, stop violating the English language with your gross stupidity you piece of shit
>>
>>320606454
The number of people who own a PC isn't even 3 billion. Not really.
>>
>>320604889
What is this autist's obsession with cum about?
>>
>>320606762
And do you think those $150 cards, bought today, will also last four years before they aren't actually running new games better than consoles? Is the "$150 card which still gives you good performance" of 2011 still running everything fine today?
>>
File: QoVtdKl.png (369 KB, 478x440) Image search: [Google]
QoVtdKl.png
369 KB, 478x440
>>320603950
but you can you play demanding games like the latest shitty assassins creed on a 400$ pc? no you cant, but you can on ps4.

Can you play FFXV, KH3, INFAMOUS SS, DISGAEA 5, PERSONA 5, HORIZON ZERO DAWN, LAST GUARDIAN, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, GRAVITY DAZE, BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT, BLOODBORNE, DEUS MANKIND DIVIDED, RATCHET AND CLANK REBOOT.

i could go on forever master race, fact is you either cant play the above games because they are exclusive or because they wont run at a 400$ pc build.

That 400$ pc build wont be able to run shit in 6 months, my 300$ ps4 will run the latest games until 2019.
>>
>>320606768
>If you're going for a 6 bucks cheapo from china, yeah, you're going to need it.

You can cut the side off a cereal box and use that as a mouse pad, if the cost is enough to set you back. That's what I mean when I say you don't need to shell out money for a mouse pad.

>Don't bullshit me, let's pretend the person doing the build isn't a fucking disgusting pirate.

Then maybe they get linux or the steam OS. You know, to test the waters of PC gaming with before they fully dive into it? When I said free, I meant free.

>And have you tried connecting your PC to a TV?

Yes, I have.

>It's garbage

What makes you say so? I had no issues with it at all, and other than nitpicking about where you put your keyboard and mouse I honestly don't see what the fuck problem you could have with it.

>This only works if you have friends haha.

Hell you don't even need to be "friends", you can get that shit from people you work with. You know, assuming you aren't getting your parents to drop 3-400 on your hobbies for you.
>>
>>320606131
>market share

For the same that mouse/keyboard does not magically appear on people's desks, they don't disappear either.

Dropping market share indicates that the market is saturated. Literally everyone and their mother has a PC right now.

At the same time, you conveniently assume that *everyone* has a TV which, for the exact same reason, would be a false assumption as well.

Make up your mind

Either insist that you need to add cost for peripherals for PCs AND a TV for consoles, or accept that scrapping parts is a valid option when building PCs and should be factored in somehow.
>>
>>320607145
a Radeon HD 6790 will still outperform consoles, yes.
>>
File: 1449985621018.jpg (76 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1449985621018.jpg
76 KB, 550x512
>>320606865

>implying most PC's around the world have ever used licensed windows
>>
>>320607243
>can you play demanding games like the latest shitty assassins creed on a 400$ pc?
You can, But not at ultra.
When will this meme end?
>>
>>320606110
>hur durr look at me I'm retarded
>>
>>320603950
Why do you mustards get so buttblasted about consoles?

Like it or not, the current gen consoles are good value. They are much better for social gaming (the sort where you are actually in the same room), and there are some exclusives that are worth having (like Bloodborne)

Besides, unless you are a lonely man child, you don't want a bigass gaming rig in you living room
>>
>>320607080
>Gtav!? Didn't even launch.
so you are bad at computer and are deflecting the blame onto other people for your own stupidity
>cool story, bro
>>
>>320606454
Yes, they have laptops and tablets.
>>
I was PC/WiiU until today and I have to say /v/, you fucks lied to me.

The PS4 is actually a decent console, lots of shit to play now and to look forward to in the future.
Most shit runs decently too, you niggers told me PS4 had no 60fps games
>>
>>320606371
>You're not wrong anon, but to me there is no value in paying 15 dollars a month for a randomized library. Can you understand that? You seem sensible enough.

To each it's own. We can't really like or be willing to pay for the same things right?

Ratchet is my favourite sony franchise ever, that's why I still like consoles, despite being a PC guy. We have to look at things on a broader perspective, not everyone is as fortunate as us. It seems really easy to just spare some cash month to month and buy a 1500 PC and run everything like a breeze, but when you're just a kid or going through school, it's just easier and cheaper to buy a console and play games with your friends. Specially if you're not a hardcore gamer.

I think TLOU to be overrated... but it's better than uncharted.

How many games do you still have to play?

I want to play all my childhood games again before I die, Already finished a lot of them, like Contra 3 alien wars, mario world, mario 64 (fav mario of all time), etc.
>>
>MFW I have 2 GTX 770s in my computer at the time costed over 2000 dollars for monitors, rigs, speakers, building everything from ground up

>have to turn down a few things like shadows and godrays because Fallout 4 just doesn't handle SLI at all.
>>
>>320606615
No fucking shit, it's blizzard, but just like Sony and microsoft, Steam could have pressures blizzard to let the DRM go, you cock lover.
>>
To play PC games you have to buy physical DLC such as a mouse, keyboard and speakers.
>>
>>320607445
D A M A G E C O N T R O L
>>
ps4 just bricked, sony said fuck yourself, done with consoles
>>
>>320606739
I like FEz, the guy who "made" it is a SJW through and through, but the game is decent, what's wrong with that? It would be worst if I said depression quest was "ground breaking" and "gonehome" was goty.

Also, is Fez even on consoles?
>>
>>320607686
Why? Corrupted firmware?
>>
File: 8843392131.png (298 KB, 350x343) Image search: [Google]
8843392131.png
298 KB, 350x343
>want to buy a ps4
>cheapest model with games is $400
>that'll be at least $430
>want to play online
>need to pay another $40-50(don't know the exact cost) for a year
>paid almost $500 just to get started
>if I want to play two of the newest titles without waiting on a sale that's another $120 I'll be spending on top of the $500
>mfw
you could put together a PC that would crush the x1/ps4 for $620.if not for exclusives, I don't know why anyone would buy a console. you can't even use a mouse and keyboard, which makes certain genres just not work.
>>
>>320606741
I literally just replied to a guy saying to not bring this shit up. Steam checks on you to see if you're still connected. There's videos on youtube. You need to log in, and then it checks on you x amount of time in. Why even make arguments you know it's bullshit?
>>
>>320607640
To play consoles you have to buy physical season passes like TV and couches.
>>
>>320606967
Yeah, it's not like I started gaming on PC back in 99 with Unreal Tournament or anything, shut the fuck up already kid. I want nothing to do with you.
>>
Are you ready?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw
>>
>>320604248
Almost everyone already owns a PC. I mean, how the fuck are you posting on here otherwise? The only diffrence from a normal PC and a "gaming" PC is one that has a videocard.

$150 videocard + probably a $50 PSU to support it, and magically you have a gaming platform.
>>
File: pscuck.jpg (101 KB, 974x426) Image search: [Google]
pscuck.jpg
101 KB, 974x426
>>320606302
>The only "AAA" game is an almost 4 years old PS3 game

good job fampai
>>
>>320608104
this
majority of desktops these days are running some entry level i3 or i5. some cheap 290 would get the job done for every new title.
>>
File: 1355520174175.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1355520174175.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>320607248

>linux
>steam os
>games

you mean those operating systems where games barely work and have two times higher requirements than on windows?

pc master race here but building gaming pc on linux is some next lvl bullshit
>>
>>320608104
Never knew someone could be this stupid
>>
>>320607636
>Steam
>pressure
>Blizzard
HOLY SHIT FOUND THE RETARD!
>>
>>320607167

Considering those consoles aren't getting a GPU upgrade if 4 years either, yes I do.
>>
>>320608189

I'm just saying, it's a free option to get you started if you really, really don't want to pirate. It's still a legit option.
>>
>>320604825
>6850

I had good times with that card
>>
>>320603950
How much did you pay for your PC?

I rest my case.
>>
>>320607248

>You can cut the side off a cereal box and use that as a mouse pad, if the cost is enough to set you back. That's what I mean when I say you don't need to shell out money for a mouse pad.

Ghetto solution with a terrible feel to it which will eventually render my experience a nightmare? No thanks. I personally don't use a mouse-pad, because my mahogany wood has enough texture to serve as a mouse pad, but not everyone is in my position. A cardboard box is terrible though.

>Then maybe they get linux or the steam OS.

You know very well Linux is harder to mess with than Windows, c'mon... I could talk with you about PC's all day long and even I don't know shit about linux (or want to).

Inb4 some loser comes with "you're not a real PC gamer, slave to microsoft"

>You know, to test the waters of PC gaming with before they fully dive into it? When I said free, I meant free.

More like drowning? :P Steam OS is till in it's infancy. Asking someone to go through such a painful process a no go to PC land.

>What makes you say so? I had no issues with it at all, and other than nitpicking about where you put your keyboard and mouse I honestly don't see what the fuck problem you could have with it.

I dunno, maybe my TV only does 60 HZs, the input lag, the distance and angle, or are you proposing in using a big table to have it right next to you? And the godawful audio. I prefer my monitor thanks.

>Hell you don't even need to be "friends", you can get that shit from people you work with. You know, assuming you aren't getting your parents to drop 3-400 on your hobbies for you.

You're drawing this hypothetical scenario which most people will never go through... friends that give you shit? LOL co-workers that give you shit? Even bigger lol.
>>
>>320608464
Bought mine second-hand about a month ago for 500€: i7 3770k, 16gb ram, hd 7970, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd
>>
>>320605434
Yeah developers should be charging more for their watered down generic bullshit.
>>
>>320608279
History already proves you wrong, unless you're going to tell me cheap-ish 2007-2008 cards were doing well with late 7th gen games. Even ignoring how DX11 means a bunch of games just wouldn't work at all, that's another can of worms.
>>
>>320607616
>>320607616
PC gaming... at least it runts above 30 fps?
>>
File: 1423116764959.jpg (180 KB, 502x471) Image search: [Google]
1423116764959.jpg
180 KB, 502x471
>xbone dropping to literally 0 frames
>>
>>320608342

of course it is an option but if we are talking about 300$ budged rig which is on par with ps4 then it has to have windows installed because there is no way it could be on par with ps4 using linux based systems where games are unoptimized as fuck and that was my complaint because you have to include price of windows - it would be possible to build pc on par/slightly better for 400-450$ but no way you can do this with 300$ budget unless you pirate os
>>
>>320608464
>Paid online

Pfffffffffffffffffffffft.
>>
>>320607445
Yeah, a game that needed 4 cores to run on PC would really run on a e5300 with 2 cores... fuck off faggot.
It didn't run, period. Stop damaging controlling like the other guy said.
>>
>>320608189
>two times higher requirements than on windows?
Only when you're "emulating" via Wine.
Native Linux ports have pretty much identical requirements to Windows, because there's very little OS overhead for modern games.
>>
>30 fps

i can't deal with this. i can deal with graphics on low and trees looking like cardboard, but not 30fps. that is where i draw the line
>>
>>320607243
>FFXV, KH3, PERSONA 5, HORIZON ZERO DAWN, LAST GUARDIAN, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, GRAVITY DAZE, DEUS MANKIND DIVIDED, RATCHET AND CLANK REBOOT.

well to be fair you can't play these on your PS4
>>
>>320608564

Any flat piece of shit can be a mouse pad. If you don't like cardboard then use something else. It's not really rocket science.

I don't use it either, but how "hard" it is to use has nothing to do with the price. It's still a free alternative if you don't want to pirate.

I don't see how the TV refresh rate and audio quality being lower is an issue when it's the same shit consoles would be using. Distance isn't really a problem, you can set your tower next to the TV like you would a console anyway. I have no idea why you would need a "big table". Most people I know have coffee tables between their TV and couch anyway, but I know thats not the case for everyone.

It's really not that strange for people to give shit away. I've given my friends entire computers. You can be on good terms with co-workers, and yes, I have gotten shit for free from them as well. It's really not that far fetched or "hypothetical" at all.
>>
>>320609098
30 fps is fine.
Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine are still gr8 games despite being 30 fps
>>
>Consolewars
>>
>>320609046

and native ports of big aaa games on linux are? i mean not counting valve titles
>>
>>320607823

>>cheapest model with games is $400
BULLSHIT

PS4 with the uncharted bundle is 300 bucks.

>>need to pay another $40-50(don't know the exact cost) for a year

50 a year with 60+ games, some of them triple. All multiplat games are crossbuy (meaning games that are on PS3,4 and vita can be accessed by all 3 devices)

>>paid almost $500 just to get started

Already told you you're full of shit.

Next.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg

$350(including EVERYTHING) pc that blows the PS4 out of the water

>console fags btfo
>>
>>320609262
>and native ports of big aaa games on linux are? i mean not counting valve titles

Exactly.
Although, lately more smaller devs have been implementing native Linux ports, probably because it scores them better deals with Steam.
>>
>When you purchase a gaming machine, you deveop cancerous cells that will grow and kill you if you purchase a different one in the future

I didn't know, fuck, I'm gonna die
>>
>>320607248
>install latest Lubuntu on a late 2008 AMD laptop
>5 seconds delay on volume/brightness binds
>legacy GPU drivers not supported, have to either install an older version or use Radeon drivers, with no catalyst-like userfriedly interface and having issues with even shit like CSS or TF2 that run flawlessly in dx9
>interface unresponsive and slow even with SSD

Nah m8, linux isn't an option and won't be for as long as the interface is clumsy shit that has to be bruteforced and everything is neglected with "that will do, rest can be fixed via terminal" philosophy, from the software developer to the UI devs themselves.
>>
>>320607823
>cheapest model with games costs 400$
Please stop lying.
Everyone knows PS4 has no games.
>>
>>320609475
>AMD
problem identified
>>
>30fps
>43fps

It would still be like dragging your balls against a sandpaper, at least get something that runs at 60fps. No reason to mash a potato with a bigger potato
>>
File: 54634643534.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
54634643534.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
Wow PC "master race" fags got owned, started backpedaling like mad, got owned again and proceeded to go full damage control.

Pretty sad actually.
>>
>>320609575
difference is on PC you can lower your settings on consoles you can enjoy the"cinematic"experience
>>
>>320608104
>Almost everyone already owns a PC. I mean, how the fuck are you posting on here otherwise? The only diffrence from a normal PC and a "gaming" PC is one that has a videocard.

Tell me you're full of shit and not just full blown retard? The majority of people OWN SMART PHONES, capable of running browsers, which they use to access social sites, and pretty much everything including 4chan. THE FUCK!?

There's laptops, tablets, smarphones and even smart watches... Kid, go to sleep already, it's way too fucking late and you're starting to go moronic.

Again, the number of People that own a PC doe snot even reach 2.5 billion, that's NOTHING. STOP SAYING RETARDED SHIT!

>I mean, how the fuck are you posting on here otherwise?

hahaha

>I mean, how the fuck are you posting on here otherwise?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I mean, how the fuck are you posting on here otherwise?

No, no, nononononono just NO!!!!

>$150 videocard + probably a $50 PSU to support it, and magically you have a gaming platform.

Do you think that the vast majority of PC out on people's houses are even recent enough to have PCI 2.0!? HAHAHA most are AGP 8x or older. Get lost. Again, go look at statistics on this shit.Google it.

>>320608181
>majority of desktops these days are running some entry level i3 or i5. some cheap 290 would get the job done for every new title.

Oh fuck of fuck oh fuck, another retard making baseless statement with no evidence what so fucking ever.
>>
>>320609267
But are you factoring in the fact that you need a tv with the console?
>>
Alright, I'm going to try looking at this with no bias.

Let's assume the person wanting a platform for gaming has a shitty PC, and an average TV by today's standards (I'm not really sure what that would be, most people around here have at least 30-50" LCD/LED TVs, so I guess I'll go with that).
Also going to assume they have free internet, just for the sake of it. Otherwise I'm gonna have to consider internet pricing in most areas and honestly, fuck that.

>Buy a PS4 for £300
>buy PS+ for £40 (?)
>already have a TV
>£340
You're set from there. Most games perform alright, I'm not gonna pretend they run brilliantly or always run like shit. There's no upkeep.

>Build a PC for £300
You're set from there, assuming they use the shitty PC's monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse. I'm going to go ahead and say the OS is part of that, or a free alternative.
Realistically, you wouldn't want some old keyboard, mouse and monitor. So
>£5 for a new mouse
>£5 for a new keyboard
>a used monitor for about £40
£350
The performance here will likely be better than the PS4's, because of your ability to change shit around to suit your liking. There's upkeep.

If either one of these situations has the person waiting for sales, the PC is the better choice. The real difference is in how much you're willing to do, though. If you can't be bothered to do anything, and will settle for what you're given, then obviously the PS4 is the better pick. If you're willing to do something, then the PC is definitely the better choice, considering the larger library size.
That said, if you're playing more AAA games more than anything, you're better off going with the PS4.
>>
>Believing you are better than others because you bought such pc or such console

Can't wait to see how you burn people alive for not completing stage 3 without power ups
>>
>>320609375
ps4 is 300 bucks right now witch uncharted 4.
>>
>>320605780
wait for steam sales and you can get those games for less than 6 bucks. you get to choose the ones you actually want instead of paying for garbage, AND still not have to pay to play online. steam may be a cuck program, but ps plus is for turbocucks
>>
>>320609813
This is the best post in this thread, it's too bad it will be completely ignored in favor of shitposting.
>>
>>320609979
and for less than the price of 1 year of ps plus you can get a gaming setup for adults. as for uncharted, you can watch better movies with your netflix subscription
>>
>>320610052
I dunno, those prices are kinda off.
>>
>>320610052
Except it isn‘t when he says that the TV is free, but you need to buy a monitor.
>>
>>320610332
You can uae a tv for pc too. I do half the time when I want to play games from bed
>>
>>320605664
>Implying all games on pc have forced drm

I would argue that drm-free is the digital concept of used games nowadays, if you bought it its yours forever and thats something u cannot do on a console.

Even worse theres no retrocompatibility which was not a big issue for ps2->ps3 migration because of physical games.

But what happens with your digitals when u no longer have a ps3 or the psn dies?
>>
>>320610052
There's more to it than what I wrote, but I'm sure there's enough there that people can find a way to consider wrong.
>>320610318
Which prices? I checked everything, and I know you can build the PC in OP's for £300.
>>320610332
Maybe you should re-read it, and also this
>>320610463
>>
>>320609262
Uuuh, some Bitcher3, or Glitcher3 or whateveritscalled3 has native Linux version and it's quite nice.
>>
>>320606330
That's weird because I can play my 360 games just fine offline. You might have license issues.
>>
File: 25110095.jpg (157 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
25110095.jpg
157 KB, 600x850
>>320603950
>FO4 runs at 30FPS on consoles
Jesus what?
>>
>>320610581
Quickly going off of britbong Amazon, there's new 1TB PS4s for less than £300, even less for the 500GB model.
Meanwhile just the CPU and graphics card from the OP already set you at ~£180, but I can't really say it's impossible to build the whole thing for £300 without knowing anything about the other parts.
>>
>>320609979
Where can I buy one for 300€ in central Europe?
>>
Fuck Gamestop

My brother wants me to get him BlOps 3 for Christmas and I have like $40 on a gift card for them.

>go to their site
>see a sale on Blops 3
>every console has it below $40
>except for PC which is at the regular full price

Fuck Gamestop

He's like 11 or 12 so disregard the taste.
>>
Someone correct if I'm wrong. But aren't those "free" ps+ games only available to you if you continue paying for the subscription?

>>320609813
You can't ignore the fact that ps+ is a subscription, and every year after that the ps4 will get more expensive than tyour £350 pc.
If I had paid $50 a year on my ps3 I'd be down an extra $400 on a fucking dinosaur, fuck that noise.
>>
>>320603950
Im a 'pc gamer', whatever that means, but pc gaming is much more expensive. A ps4 is like 200$ + 150 for an hdtv. A gaming pc can cost into the 1000$ range without monitor and periphs. You get the same shit games that run like ass cause of lazy optimization.

If youre smart just get a 200$ thinkpad for the indie pc shit + ps4 for AAA titles.
>>
File: 1450237469205.png (1020 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
1450237469205.png
1020 KB, 1008x1008
>>320607579

I don't want to list them ALL but want to play games like Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire 3, Xenogears, Mega Man series, Contra series, Mickey's Magical Quest series, etc. over again as well as play games I missed out on. I recently 100%'d all the Ratchet games minus All 4 One and FFA, so nice to hear you like the games too.

>Not everyone is as fortunate as us.

Yeah, you're right about that. Others just blindly follow brand loyalty instead of just loving vidya though. You and I are mostly in the same boat anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>320604825
>actually want to own your games
>steam
>>
File: 585154154.png (49 KB, 143x134) Image search: [Google]
585154154.png
49 KB, 143x134
>>320605768
>as hardware gets more powerful and requirements get higher, it will end up being outdated way too fast

Wow, guess what? This is the same thing that happens to consoles. It's why GTA5 looks like aliased trash on the ps3 and 360 and struggles to run at 60 frames
. Your console doesn't magically update with better hardware as time goes on. At least with a PC you have the option of upgrading if you're not satisfied with your current visuals and performance.
>>
File: 1433297353964.jpg (42 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1433297353964.jpg
42 KB, 413x395
>>320609776
keeek
>>
File: 1449983013723.png (93 KB, 443x483) Image search: [Google]
1449983013723.png
93 KB, 443x483
>>320605447
>But I guess PC gamers gotta keep their rep, amrite?
>>
>>320610463
but then it's only 1080p and 4k tvs are still quite expensive.
>>
>>320611145
>A ps4 is like 200$
Dude what

> A gaming pc can cost into the 1000$ range without monitor and periphs
the fuck?
>>
File: bb.jpg (158 KB, 1000x747) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
158 KB, 1000x747
QFHMH-ZR460-WK6VP
>>
>>320611985
Thanks anon, first steam code I've ever been able to redeem from 4chan.
>>
>>320605675
Those are lies..

The xbox360 games are NOT available to xbox one
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-18+at+03.29.17).png (13 KB, 479x176) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-18+at+03.29.17).png
13 KB, 479x176
>>320610957
I found the 1TB PS4 £299.75. I rounded up and excluded shipping fees. I'm fairly certain this is the build, and you can definitely find all of those parts for under £300. The case, without the keyboard and mouse certainly keeps it under that price. There's alternate builds that may even outperform this for roughly £270~.
When I first found the parts, it was a lot cheaper because of sales at the time. So if your timing is right, you're gonna save a bunch. Not that the same can't be said for the PS4, but at that time the PS4 wasn't £300 for the 1TB bundle.
I'm pretty sure all my pricing is right though, just takes some looking around.
>>320611043
Yeah, I thought I'd keep that part out, but if you intend to keep the PS4/PC for as long as this current generation lasts, you'll definitely end up paying a lot more.
>>
>>320611014
>PC
that's the fucking problem, not gamestop
>>
Where can i grab sfv for cheap? I'm poor right now.
>>
>>320611804
Yea? If your playing above 1080p youre gonna need a decent computer which will obviously cost more than a console anyways.
>>
>>320607243
>my 300$ ps4 will barely run the latest games until 2019.
FTFY
>>
>>320612795
Sadly the current gen consoles won't last like last gen.
>>
>>320607358
Most PCs are in business
>>
>>320611014
Go to Green Man Gaming you flying cunt biscuit
>>
File: pc.png (37 KB, 674x532) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
37 KB, 674x532
I made $700 bucks trading knives in CSGO with this toaster I built from PS4 money back in 2014

Until there's a game that makes me money or a new SMT that's not Persona, no way I'm buying a console ever again
>>
>>320604825
>but at the end of the day paying for Live/PS+ is still stupid if you actually want to own your games for keeps.
You can just finish up those games during that month. Let's say you have both PS3 and PS4, that's 28 games for ~40€ during that year, it's not bad value at all.

As for Live, you can keep on playing the games even after Gold expires.

Digital is never something you truly own in any sense.
>>
File: 1448844364782.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1448844364782.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>320604248
What are you posting on right now, anon?
>>
>>320607243
>run games till 2019

lol

Sony and microsoft both know their consoles cannot last that long
>>
>>320613054
PS3 lasted 10 years even though it was deemed "crap" from the get-go.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (154 KB, 1280x675) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
154 KB, 1280x675
>>320605768

Consoles get shit ports too.
>>
>>320613119
>>320613054
Devs already bitching current gen performance, they downgraded their shits.
>>
because consoles come with tvs.
lol
>>
>>320613267
Just like last gen, huh?
>>
It depends where you're from, a console/console games are awfully overpriced here making pc less expensive over time.
>>
console: 300 eur (latest price adjustment), input device included

i3 4130: 114 eur
750ti: 130 eur
8gb ram: 40 eur
mobo: 50 eur
psu: 30 eur
case: 25 eur
hdd: 40 eur
windows license: 80 eur
input device: 50 eur

i'm not including speakers, monitor, mousepad or tv+couch for consoles because it's frankly silly.
however, i had to account the cost of an input device on pc to equal consoles coming with one, 50 eur for ds4/xbone controller or 25+25 eur k+m
>>
>>320613119

PS3 and 360 lasted so long because they were sold for around half the cost they took to make. It would be like XB1/PS4 rivalling $800-900 PC's at launch and still being sold for $400-500
>>
>>320603950
>When will this meme die?
when consoles can get a stable 60fps with decent graphics
>>
>>320613339
Not like the last gen. Just take a look at Uncharted.
>>
>>320604248
>You actually get free games for paying for live/ps+
>No cash transfered at point of purchase =/= free
Dumb cunt
>>
>>320613339

After around 3 years, Devs had claimed to get everything they could out of the 360's CPU, but it had a fantastic GPU which incorporated technology that PC wouldn't get for years until Microsoft incorporated it into DX10. Devs acknowledged the PS3 having a fantastic CPU but bitched about how difficult it was to utilise, but it had a meh GPU.

Chief complaint after around 3-4 years was the 512MB of memory. (256mb+256mb on PS3).

Which at the time, 512mb of memory was a decent amount, the complaints were because the consoles hung on for much longer than normal.
>>
>>320613608

No bruh! I pay this Company called Netflix $15 a month and they literally give me thousands of movies and TV shows! I own them all!
>>
>>320603950
Always felt that the main decider is time you'll use it for, cause the cheaper games might not account for the cost of the rig if you don't play that many games, but if you play a lot of games and go back to some regardless of time or platform, then it's cheaper.

Basically if it's just CoD and Madden then a console is better price-wise than a good PC, but if you're like a lot of us and play tons of games of varying age then a PC is way better.
>>
File: 1438282253506.jpg (87 KB, 606x586) Image search: [Google]
1438282253506.jpg
87 KB, 606x586
>>320613419

whats a

>TV
>headset
>paid mulitplayer
>speakers
>controlers
>couch/chair

And god forbids that you buy a tv thats 4k or can pull something else than 60hz (not like consoles can do anything with a higher refresh rate anyways) cause its going to cost you a fucking fortune.
>>
>>320611439
>>320607579

I've been playing a mix of retro - modern games

this year was entire tomb raider franchise from oldest to newest, fallout from 1 to NV, MGS series, Contra series, donkey kong country 1&2, metroid series, Half life and portal, metro 2033 and LL, Starcraft until HoTS, right now Im going through dune snd command and conquer series to name a few.

Some old games hold up amazingly well and some oldies i hadnt played before and was surprised, specially fallout, no wonder about the dumbing down rants
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>320604248
I use a $15 K120 keyboard and a shitty insignia mouse that I found after cleaning the closet of my dead father.

You need a TV/Monitor for either a PC or Console. So decide if you want a $600 living room TV or a $130 ASUS monitor. Your still PAYING for service to get online. So technically you still are paying for games. But I buy games on steam only twice a year. (Summer and Winter sales)
>So many games I'll never play
>But my wife will play them while my daughter watches
>>
Isn't a main positive of a PC is that your games never go obsolete? Like, you can go back and play shit from 2004 with the same machine that can play this year's releases.
>>
>>320603950
how can steam have such low sales?
Everyone who puts their game on steam, must be butt hurt as hell.
>>
>>320616174
Developers set their own sales prices, anon.
>>
>>320603950
the ps4's quality is way better than that budget pc
>>
>>320608104
they are called laptops, and phones.
>>
>>320605850
haha sure..
>>
>>320616174
well I dont have any numbers but I think that majority of the pc users buy their games from the steam. also a lot of games make far more profit when on sale than they normally would just because how many people cant resist the urge to skip a good deal. steam has big sales like 4 times a year so its not hard to buy games only during sales.
>>
>>320611475
that's because the ps3 is from 2006, and gta v worked find up until the many updates it got.
>>
>>320616214
Don't they want money?
>>
>>320606017
When was the last time you bought a fucking tv, 32 inch tvs cost about 180 and they're good for gaming, cause you don't want a giant tv, fucking pcucks and their delusional prices
>>
>>320617691
Would you rather sell one copy of a game for 20 dollar.

Or fifty copies of a game for 5 dollar?
>>
>>320612440
>>320612930
I only checked there because I have a coupon/gift card/discount thing for Gamestop for $40.

I'm probably still going to buy it from there since it'll be $20, like $10-20 cheaper than anywhere else, but I'll wait till Christmas sales start
>>
File: FC_1574.png (21 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
FC_1574.png
21 KB, 160x160
>>320604889

That's like 10 USD you cheap nigger
>>
>>320604889
>Paying for you OS
But, why?
>>
File: Undertale in a nutshell.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Undertale in a nutshell.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>buy a console
>get mediocre games like Splatoon, Xenoblade, Halo, and Bloodborne where online multiplayer and killstreaks and dressing up your character in gay clothes is given more importance than gameplay quality and performance, and graphics are touted on a pedestal
>have to deal with online that's either region locked or pay2play, will go down regularly or lose my info to hackers
>can't customize the hardware or choose my control scheme, or even the basic UI of the system
>a few games at most, have to pay top dollar for 20 year old roms that may not even be optimized

>get PC
>little more work required in setup, but get amazing games, ranging from simple artsy crap like Undertale, to the best exclusives like Steel Strider, to the best multiplats like MGS, GTA, The Witcher, and etc. Most of them categorize gameplay above all else, with few exceptions
>no region lock, no paying for online
>free customization down to the smallest detail
>millions of games from the current gen, all the way to the 90's, with little to no charge at my expense.

The choice is obvious.
>>
>>320604248
>YOU WILL GET FREE SHIT IF YOU PAY FOR IT
>>
>>320619634
>everything about Splatoon
Holy shit, you brought it all back.
>we're giving you free "updates", for free!
>but it's already on the disc we finished it months ago lol
>>
File: 1449805932886.jpg (61 KB, 895x944) Image search: [Google]
1449805932886.jpg
61 KB, 895x944
>I got a shitbox to pretend I'm idort.
>I had to shell out 120$ for 2 controllers of which one of them is already broken again.
>Had to buy optical/analog converter because this piece of shit only got an optic audio out port and nothing else, paid 130$ for 2 fucking games.
>shitbox live shits itself dayly, disconnecting you from parties and games, the "free" games you get are without a single exception indie and other low value shit you wouldn't even pay a dollar for.
>Shitbox collecting dust since months. I just checked I could write my name on it.
>playing mgsv maxed 1080p with steady frames and my xbone controller. At least that shit was good for something amiright.

Get a console they said. why do we need barebone PC's for illiterates again? Remind me, /v/ why do we need those again?
>>
>>320603950
You killed right now
Bravo OP you are the saviour of gaems
>>
>>320606670
but you are console waring right now
You literally do it right now
>>
>>320620990
I forgot to add

>playing an FPS on a controller against people that do this since 8+ years. Totally wreck their shit left and right.
>carry domination match like the fist of the north star.
>faggot pm's me that I had a shitty k/d it doesnt matter I was first on the scoreboard because all that matters is k/d.

Consoles today are literally aids. Anti-consumer, anti vidya and the sole reason this board has gone downhill since 06.
>>
>>320621543
tel that when PC gaming has no piracy
>>
>>320621775
>B b but muh piracy wuuuaaaaaahhhhh

Nice last resort son. Piracy, my little underdeveloped friend, was always there for every media and was never a problem. Nor is it one today. times change and media changes, the industry has to change too tho.
>>
File: 1371425726515.png (208 KB, 522x720) Image search: [Google]
1371425726515.png
208 KB, 522x720
>>320620990
>>320621543
>>
>>320621775

Why is piracy considered a bad thing? Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1449629507343.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1449629507343.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>320621775
The music industry cried for decades "wuuuuahhhh piracy is rampant we don't make any money now we ded wuuuahhh" and still it grew with every year bigger and bigger to the point where musicians/labels are higher paid than gods. Then the movie industry goes "wuuuuahhh everyone can copy our shit with a video-recorder we dont make any monies now wuuuuah" but still it grew every year more and more and movies/actors are better paid than the galactic overlords.
Then the video-game industry ....

I think I made my point. They try to guilt trip you into believing that. They try to guilt trip you into caring for THEIR wallets and not your own,
Succesfully obviously. You are a bred and fed consumer shill zombie.
Good job son, good job.
>>
>>320621543
Also forgot to add

>Online experience on every single game on Live is less than sub par.
>Peer2peer and absolute low-end smartphone servers everywhere.
>Everyone on consoles blames each others connections for some bizarre reason.
>Try to explain people how netcode and servers work, people don't want to hear anything of that.
>People hiss at me and throw a fit "its because of your wood connection obviously you are the host"
>got fibre
>>
>>320607243
>but you can you play demanding games like the latest shitty assassins creed on a 400$ pc? no you cant

Yeah you can. Just look for youtube videos of AC Syndicate being played at 900p on medium settings with the configuration mentioned in OP's image.
>>
>>320623847
>Face is two feet away from a 20-30" monitor rather than 10 feet from an 80" screen

Literally the ideal way to experience the full detail of a game. 4k resolution is practically useless when your eyes are 10-15 feet away from even an 80 inch screen, unless you have eagle vision. Field of view is more important than size.
>>
File: 1449528834750.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1449528834750.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>320623847
>you can't disprove any of this.

Erm yes I can, at least the parts that could actually go as an argument.

>Sit at a desk (yes, like an office desk) to play games
First off no that's wrong, you don't "have" to do that at all. Same as you don't have to use mouse/kb if you don't want to.
Second of all playing in this position maximizes your concentration and muscle remembering, that's why people do it, son. Not because its in the manual of your PC but because it's actually the best way to seriously play.
>Face is two feet away from a 20-30" monitor rather than 10 feet from an 80" screen
That's also a good thing, see above
>Uses a literal keyboard to play games
Again not necessarily at all, but then again it has pretty much infinite buttons which are utilized for more complex vidya, something thumb wiggling autoaim cowboys know nothing off.

The rest I can't even take a little serious.
>>
This same thread since 06 with increasingly more defensive console turds with the same outcome every time.
Barebone PC's for illiterates get BTFO.

At some point the industry will realize that these "consoles" are done, and there will only be PC's left. It will be a mixture of entertainment systems, but certainly not a console of some sorts.
>>
>>320607243
>AC Syndicate being played at 900p on medium settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yprpt9W7nZ0

That's a low end 1gb gpu, that's how shitty the hardware in your shitbox is. At least last gen they had the decency to throw in something half decent.

>Consoleturds in charge of not getting milked and not ruining the vidya
>>
>>320612462
Wait for a GMG sale for $45. You probably won't get it cheaper than that.
>>
>>320623847
Shut up and post milfs rugga
>>
File: idonteven.gif (221 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
idonteven.gif
221 KB, 200x112
>>320623847
>Gaming was best when PCs were quarantined as the platformer for shitting "machur" games. Now they've infected the rest of gaming and ruined it.

Ahahahah oh lawd the irony.
>>
You guys ever notice how console kids are the ones that lose their shit when these threads appear and have to type 2,000 word essays about how justified their mommy's purchase was?

It's a little sad
>>
File: kim-jong-un (2).jpg (178 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
kim-jong-un (2).jpg
178 KB, 2197x1463
>mfw shelled out $500 recently for an i5-4690k/280x build

I'll never go back to consoles after sony cucked me out of like 3 games and a couple DLC's for Socom after the HACK. It's more expensive to play shit on consoles tbqh and the fact that you're getting C U C K E D so hard with 30 fps, engine limitations, no access to mods just makes the choice between pc and console that much easier
>>
>>320603950
Nobody gives a shit. Different people have different preferences, stop evangelizing everyone about huh PeeCee.
>>
>>320623847
what's wrong dudebro? Getting tired of CoD and don't know why?
That's ok son, you see CoD is what you see in a dictionary next to franchise fatigue.
>>
>>320625754
>Different people have different preferences

If your "preference" is ruining my life-long pastime I will evangelize like the fist of the north-star until my last breath.
>>
>>320626178
Acutally my preference is almost exclusively for PC.
Still, you acting as a little brat is quite grating.
>>
>>320625639
well you are more pathetic trying to convince them to buy your precious box with no games(PC)
>>
why mods allow this thread?
I thought no flamewars are allowed
>>
>>320604248
ok so after paying $300 for a PS4, what about a computer because you fucking need one regardless. How are you posting on here? how do you get any work done?
>>
>>320626873
>no games
More like all games lel

Why are you clinging to the shittiest straws? I mean that shouldn't even make sense in Your head.
>>
>>320627814
>More like all old* games
>>
>>320627729
>300
That's not even remotely enough. 60$+ controllers, 60+ games, online fee
>>
>>320603950
electricity man
>>
File: shrak.gif (75 KB, 376x362) Image search: [Google]
shrak.gif
75 KB, 376x362
>20.39$ is cheap
>19.99$ is cheap
>28.99€ is cheap
>39.49€ is cheap
>>
>>320628759
for a game that came out less than a month ago it is
>>
File: 1429349258022.png (100 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1429349258022.png
100 KB, 375x375
>PC exclusives
>>
>>320621775
tell me this (im going to assume you actually read books lol)

How did you find who your favorite author was? Did someone suggest one of his books? Did you just happen to rent it out randomly at a library? Did someone lend you one of their books?

if its the last one then you support piracy
>>
File: 1439486304471.jpg (215 KB, 553x759) Image search: [Google]
1439486304471.jpg
215 KB, 553x759
>>320617279
>"haha sure.. Arkham Knight is still worth playing playing on pc"
>>
>>320628868
like total war?
>>
>>320628868
I don't know anon. Just these past two years and only what I can remember off the top of my head.
>Pillars Of Eternity
>Legend Of Grimrock 1 & 2
>Starcraft 2
>Homeworld Remastered
>Shadowrun Dragonfall
>Pathologic

I'm sure you'll be back with a well thought-out comeback soon, something in the classic style of it's all shit.
>>
>>320612196
you can now download xbox 360 games from the games with gold section for xbox one.
>>
>>320629901
That's pretty neat actually. Enjoy xbros.
>>
>pc can't even get 60 fps in a shitty looking game

kekkles
>>
>>320630402
>400$ pc gets 50% more fps than 300$ consoles
>kek
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.