[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game gives you a bike >Shortly thereafter, Paula joins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (39 KB, 472x375) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
39 KB, 472x375
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
>>320598689
Yeah I agree OP, the gameplay in EarthBound is subpar, especially when compared to other jRPGs from around the same time, but prepare for the rabid fanboys coming in to yell at you anyway.
>>
Why do you always post this thread?
>>
>>320598689
>he didn't get the second bike
you only have yourself to blame, senpai
>>
I really REALLY tried to like Earthbound as well but oh god, that part with the garbage monster after Mr Saturn village was just so awful I had to drop the game
someday I might give it a second try, hopefully in a remake or something, but as it is the gameplay really hinders the whole experience.
>>
are you still posting this pasta
>>
>my first console was a xbox the past.
>>
>>320601806
>I played this game when I was a baby so it's objectively good
>>
>>320598689
what i lacks in game play it makes up for it in style and the most important part of rpgs the story
>>
>>320599786
Sounds like you never got the fly honey
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQOULfWApXA

Fuck you I like it
>>
Go suck a dick faggot, comparing this to Tumblr Home. Earthbound has a simples gameplay but it makes up for it in the writing.
>>
I love Earthbound for the experience that it is and it is definitely one of my favourite games of all time but I have to agree with everything you say here.
>>
I enjoyed it when I played a few years back, but at some point I just stopped playing and never returned
>>
File: 55d539a05cee8.png (85 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
55d539a05cee8.png
85 KB, 300x306
There's only one way to reply to this thread.
>>
>>320603085
>I got told that Earthbound was a classic, and enjoyed playing it on an emulator! It IS a classic!
>>
As mixed as /v/ may feel about Undertale, can we agree that its battle system is at least a LITTLE better than EarthBound's?
>>
>>320603798
>A game from 2015 has a better battle system than a game from 1995.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.