[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm stuck with an old laptop for a while, and thought of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: laptop.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
I'm stuck with an old laptop for a while, and thought of playing some older gems with this. Something from the late 90's or the early 2000's, I doubt this will run anything newer and I might as well play games that I never tried from that era.

I already have Fallout 2, Gothic, and Age of Empires II. I'm going to try if Morrowind works. I've played these before, but never finished them. Any ideas on what I should try? RPGs similar to Fallout would be nice, but I'm willing to try anything.
>>
Baldurs gate, diablo 1 and 2 and the original warcrafts
>>
>>320595126
Le PC masterrace am I right xD?
>>
Go a step even behind faggot, try some DOS games, they are GOAT.
>>
File: RE000-620x.jpg (31 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
RE000-620x.jpg
31 KB, 620x350
play resident evil. it uses software to render the game, so it doesn't even need a video card.
>>
System Shock 1, maybe 2 if you can run it.
>>
>>320595597
>it uses software to render the game
what does that mean? it's all CPU?
>>
File: consolefags battle station.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
consolefags battle station.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>320595336
The ironic part is that he's most likely a consolescum. Basic consolefag setup is: laptop handme-down from dad when he bought a new one for himself, and a console he got for Christmas last year.

Sometimes they don't even have an old used laptop, just a mobile phone to shitpost on /v/. You know all about that, right anon?
>>
>>320595597
>resident faggot

no ty im fine
>>
Arcanum is like Fallout
Fightcade for 90's arcade emulation
>>
>>320595764
yup. I got it to run on an old laptop and it ran surprisingly smooth. when I stepped away to grab a drink and looked at the laptop screen, it looked like it was running a newer modern game but it was resident evil. the only problem i ran into is that the laptop wasn't too ancient and had NTFS and windows xp, and resident evil only knew how to save games in FAT32 (the previous hard drive format), but it ran perfectly otherwise, you can probably find a GoG version nowadays that will work fine. I also suggest checking to see if it has usb ports, and if it does, download a good SNES emulator and play all the badass games from that golden age of gaming. For that laptop I got a zip with like 900+ games.

I mean, niggas are paying money to play remakes of FF6 nowadays, you can play the originals no problem too.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/18621/the-top-25-snes-games-of-all-time
>>
Toastercore vidya:
Blitzkrieg
Divine Divinity
Evil Genius
Freespace 1 & 2
Heroes of Might and Magic III
Total Annihilation
Blade of Darkness
Rune
Deus Ex
Planescape Torment
Soldier of Fortune
No one Lives Forever 1 & 2
Homeworld
Freelancer
Jagged Alliance 2 (This is really good if you like Fallout)

Have fun OP - a lot of these older games feel really fresh after playing newer games.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.