[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obscure games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Recommend some games that you're sure less than 10 people on /v/ have played.

Sell them a little if you have to. Maybe talk about what kind of people would appreciate them.

Steam sale's coming up, good to be in the know about lesser-known titles.
>>
>>320591227
Whose the girl in green jacket beside FNAF? Only one I havn't a clue about.
>>
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
Guess i'll start

Hot Tin roof is one of my favs - it's a metroidvania love letter to the film-noir genre, if you like detective films and platformers you'll absolutely love it.
>>
File: 1303101559538.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1303101559538.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>320591414
>not knowing who that is

Go play it, newfaggot. Noitu love 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 209x221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 209x221
>>320591227
>Tfw no Super Indie Bros
>Closest we got is Runbow

Mite b cool.
>>
>>320591414
http://memoski.deviantart.com/art/Group-of-Indie-Games-512451143

here's the full list
>>
>>
Jade Cocoon. Monster catcher with interesting breeding mechanics. The child ends up withe a mixture of the two parent's bodies and abilities, it actually gets pretty complex since the abilities are tied to certain body parts like teeth and claws and the size of the body part affects the attack strength (bigger is more powerful) but the body parts also have hidden growth stats to grow bigger as it levels so you end up with butt fucking ugly creatures with insanely powerful stats.

Good times.
>>
Road Trip Adventure. It's a open world racing RPG from the PS2 era.
>>
>>320595465
>open world racing

that's exactly what i've been looking for. i love driving sims but i generally don't like the linear restriction of purely track-based gameplay
>>
Half-Life 3

my cousin works for Valve and they let me test it
>>
>>320593823
So that's what I played ages ago on a borrowed PS1, I never thought I'd find out what it was called
>>
>>320591227
but half of those aren't obscure at all
>>
Tokyo extreme racer games for PS2. Open world street racing game where you roam around and challenge the ai racers to a one on one street race with no rails.

Has a unique mechanic when street racing where each player has a life bar. The person currently leading loses no health and the person following has their hp slowly deplete.

Hp lowers also if you hit traffic/walls and the first person to have their hp depleted loses.
>>
>>320591227

Pic unrelated, I assume.
>>
>>320591227
Lack of Love on the Dreamcast. Maybe Chulip on PS2.
>>
>>320597252
How many races would you typically finish not being in first compared to how many races you lose to health loss? Sounds like fun but if the HP loss is too strict I would probably get annoyed. I'd rather at least make it to the finish line even if I don't win than have to lose halfway all the time.
>>
>>320597798
There is no 'finish line'. The races are simple one on one races across the map you're in. The person who manages to get lead will lead across the map while the person behind follows them around trying to pass them.

The race ends when one person gets their health depleted.

The basic gameplay is you roaming a map doing race challenges against the clock and looking for 'rivals' to challenge to a street race. If you manage to find one you blink your head lights behind them to initiate a street race.

There's also the basic shit like buying stuff and tuning your car
It was really fun back in the day. I don't know how it holds up now though.
>>
>>320597798
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwR0cIGPp44

Here's an example of what the races are like
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.