[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if I just jumped into Witcher 3? Right fucking now? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sdfsfsdf.jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
sdfsfsdf.jpg
57 KB, 292x414
What if I just jumped into Witcher 3? Right fucking now?

Why is that a good/bad idea?

I feel like I'm missing out on something big this year and I won't have access to my computer that can run Witcher 1 until after Christmas. And by then I might not feel like playing a fantasy WRPG anymore ...
>>
It's like Skyrim with swords!
>>
>>320576783
How about you just play it when you feel like it and when you're able to enjoy it the most?
>>
>>320576783
Witcher 3 was made to be as entry level for the series as possible, so you won't have problems, although some things might be lost on you here and there
>>
>>320576783
At the most, some scenes/characters won't have as much value or impact to you because you won't have the additional information to understand the context of the scenario.

If you are okay with your protagonist acting friendly/knowing with characters you don't recognize or even understand then you'll be fine.
>>
I just realized Ciri is literally Ray from the new Star Wars
>>
It's like fallout3 with gameplay
>>
some of my favorite moments playing TW3 were meeting characters from previous games

I think that feeling is worth playing the first 2, but if you're eager to jump into 3, then skip the first one and go straight to the 2nd.
>>
You can do it because the story is designed to be at least somewhat self-explanatory if you're not retarded, but you will definitely miss out on some plot points/character relations since you're skipping two games and like seven books worth of character/world building. It does attempt to give you the bullet points of the second game's story at least, if you choose to simulate a Witcher 2 save.
>>
Play it if you're genuinely interested. However if you're a bandwagon fag with ADD, then don't bother. You won't stick through until the end. But if you're really ready to get fully immersed into an amazing narrative that surprises even though gameplay might be lacking, get ready for a wild fucking ride my friend
>>
>>320577793

I'm the opposite of ADD, which is probably why I've decided to wait with Witcher 3 after trying to watch the beginning on YouTube. Knowing there is so much stuff behind me bugs me too much to be able to relax and enjoy ...

Inspire me though. What is so great about this universe? I just know it's this disgusting old man who is like supposed to be a womanizer and he kills huge monsters ... I can just imagine this Polish guy snickering to himself as he keeps taking it further and further.
>>
>>320577319
>it was in you the whole time
Goddamnit
>>
>>320578052
Eh you're thinking too hard about it.
It has the most attention to detail of any game on 2015, and while the gameplay may not blow your mind, what will keep you playing is the chance to know what happens to these characters, IF you give a shit about story in games (which I can't blame you if you don't)
Honestly, I can't speak objectively since I started with TW1. But if you appreciate a solid RPG, and can tolerate a modern dynamic, you'll find plenty to love here.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.