[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I hardly see anyone talk about how shitty this is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: GTA-Online.jpg (295 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
GTA-Online.jpg
295 KB, 610x343
How come I hardly see anyone talk about how shitty this is?

>Balance still shit. Kurmas everywhere

>90% of vehicles aren't used

>Most aircraft are shit because they're super easy to kill

>Nobody does anything. Just a massive DM, constantly

>Hacks/Modders/whatever you call them everywhere. People with billions

I don't think Rockstar has even attempted to balance or do anything. They just keep releasing content that no one uses and selling shark cards.
>>
I don't use vehicles or even a gun, I just run around trying to melee people.
>>
You're the only one dumb enough to still be playing it.
>>
Every time we discuss it, it's about how fucking garbage it is. It's still fun to dick around in every once in a while.
>>
>>320572792
>How come I hardly see anyone talk about how shitty this is?

We went over this two fucking years ago. Get your shit together and fuck off you idiot. Nobody cares about this game.
>>
>>320572792
already moving on to gta 6
>>
>>320573005

I think that's what I need to start doing. Just not giving a fuck. I keep trying to act like a true VIP and shit (start missions, recruit, etc), but always some asshole flying around killing people for no reason.
>>
Only single player free roam was any fun to me. Multiplayer has way less pedestrians and traffic, and the other players are way too aggressive. Waiting in lobbies is also a drag.
>>
>>320572792
Because at release the fanboys were too numerous to overcome and claimed everything R* did was flawless and amazing. I mean there are even idiots who think the heists are well made.
>>
>>320572792
Stop playing with randoms. Online is a blast with a couple of friends
>>
File: whatever.jpg (42 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
42 KB, 460x645
>>320572792
I was never able to play it properly.
I've never experienced lag and latency issues like this even in P2P games before. I've never experienced this with any other games and my ping is always under 60.
What little I was able to play was more grindy and unreasonable than F2P business models.
If I hadn't gotten a shark card with my purchase of the game I wouldn't have even been able to play any heists at all, as you need to buy a high end apartment to unlock them.
The only thing I really enjoyed doing was robbing gas stations but the game punished you for doing that by giving you a persistent wanted level, meaning that it was basically impossible to raise any money without buying shark cards.

I don't understand what the point of it is, it punishes you for having fun, and builds this absurdly restrictive RPG system that serves only to lock out content to newer players.

The PVP was also a complete shambles, I was never once, not even a single time, able to play a match on a server that wasn't called something like "hacked lobby 9999999999xp/9999999999money".

I bought it for the single player so it's hard to be critical when I never intended to play it much anyway, but God damn what a mess.
>>
>>320574160
>What little I was able to play was more grindy and unreasonable than F2P business models.
One of the reasons I'm still playing is because I didn't do this. Since hackers/modders are still rampant, you can eventually find some asshole spawning money. I probably got around 100-150 million in cash which I've used to purchase everything I want.

I've met some people who have over a billion. It's insane. Rockstar tried resetting cash once and it didn't do anything. Pretty sure they gave up on fighting them.
>>
>>320574325
Actually they have been fighting money the hardest. As of the new update, everything is on a new algorithm that gives every item and person a specific amount of cash to prevent killing peds for money bags. If you so much as spawn money or hide it by giving a pedestrian money bag drop, you get marked on the spot for the next ban save and using direct inject for scripts is getting trickier. I still have my 2 full adder bonds and I bought all clothing and Pegasus/boats and shit but everyone that modded money doesn't worry about this since we have nothing left to buy even with using our reserve cash
>>
>>320574325
I don't get the point of it, everything fun you get punished for doing.
It's like they want people to treat it like The Sims, rather than like GTA, you were punished for doing anything remotely GTA-like, doing crimes, stealing cars, killing people, fighting the cops.
Oh you want to have fun and just do little crimes around the city? Too bad rob more than three gas stations and you'll have a permanent 6 star wanted level, we can't let you have more than the allocated amount of fun.

So what you end up with is this retarded situation where people are treating the place like a fucking Minecraft server hanging out in their pretend apartments and crying bloody murder if you scratch their car.
>>
>>320572792
I think it was literally the worst thing Rockstar has ever done.

Its what I would expect from a cop out cash cow from EA, not a game from Rockstar.
>>
File: doors.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doors.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Modern "mmo" gaming is largely geared at gamers who have a network of minimum four to eight other players to go through content with. Most of the gripes people have with modern open world/objective lax game play are resolved when you have a solid core of people to go through the content with.
>>
File: katanaDLC.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
katanaDLC.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320572792
/gtag/ here git gud oIII

>Balance still shit. Kurmas everywhere
Any explosive kills a kuruma. They only cost like $3-7k. Blow them the fuck up its EZ

>90% of vehicles aren't used
who cares autism

>Most aircraft are shit because they're super easy to kill
Learn how to dodge missles in your heli. Learn how to dodge missles in your jet its ez as fuck.
Youre trash.

>Nobody does anything. Just a massive DM, constantly
Its called friends and joining a crew. There is no problem in finding people to play with.
Stop living in a cave and connect to another human being.

>Hacks/Modders/whatever you call them everywhere. People with billions
Hackers are the only thing keeping this community going.
A heist gives you $300k or so takes about an hour or more to complete.
You can run missions over and over to get like $15k at a time or whatever
The clothes alone are like 50million+ total youre looking at i think something like 400-500million in in game money.
It costs $100 IN REAL FUCKING MONEY for $8 million in game even if you wanted to buy your way through it.
>>
>>320572792
The game is geared towards making money from Shark Cards and letting autists live out their roleplay fantasies. Even though, there's fuckall to do besides kill eachother or repeat missions. And Rockstar is actively banning or discouraging those trying to improve upon the game with mods to make the game more like Arma Life RP.

Last night I had the most fun meeting a hacker who decided to make us race for fun bux.
Got to listen to my Initial D soundtrack and even though I lost, the guy was kind enough to give us money for participating.

Truth be told, I would hack the game if it meant more opportunities like that occurred. Only issue is that I got banned for modding my game once and I don't want to lose all my grinded progress, because fuck that shit.
>>
if you're playing gta online to play freeroam with the masses of shitters then you're doing it wrong. just play private sessions with friends if you have any
>>
Has anyone found a money glitch for 1.31 yet?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.