[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good pair of gaming headsets that isn't shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
What's a good pair of gaming headsets that isn't shit and won't cost me an arm and a leg to buy?
>>
there are none
>>
>>320565430
Just spare yourself the embarassment and get a good set of headphones. You can clip a 5$ Zalman mic on it, or get one of those larger desk/shotgun mics.
>>
>>320565430
Hello Anon. I got a pair of Sennheiser headphones for 25 quid, and they are nothing to be jacking yourself about, but are totally reasonable. Bought em 18 months ago and they are still totally fine. On top of that I used to have a shitty one-pound standing mike (that I had to re-buy every month or two because i knocked it over and fucked it up or something), but now I got a basic logitech usb 720p webcam for 20 quid that I use as a mike, and nobody tells me anymore that I sound like my voice is coming from the bottom of a barrel.
>>
MMX300
it WILL cost you an arm and a leg but it's woth the investion
>>
>>320565430
>>320566861
Why the fuck would I need a 300 dollar headset? What is actually so good about it? Genuinely asking.
>>
>>320566861
>350-399

Fuckin hell man I just need a pair to voice communicate people ingame or skype. It better have a built in dragon dildo for that price.
>>
>>320567097
>>320567275

it's a studio headphone combined with a great mic
you won't find a better headphone with a mic

it's usually available for like 230 bucks
5 years of warranty and you'd still get replacement parts in 20 years
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>320565430
>headsets
>that isn't shit
>>
>>320565430

Go to /hpg/ on /g/, check out the links, find a pair of headphones that you like in your price range. Then buy a separate mic for $5 and clip it on.
>>
File: 3raJVd7.jpg (136 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3raJVd7.jpg
136 KB, 500x375
>>320567593
>studio headphone

Don't kid yourself. It's a decent headset but it's not anywhere close to being a "studio" quality headphone.

Just do what other people have suggested and find some decent headphones and buy a 15 dollar mic.

There is no reason for you to spend money on overpriced "gamer gear".
>>
>>320567889
the mmx300 is the best mix of both worlds

sure you could buy a decent superlux and get a modmic but that wouldn't be nearly as good
>>
File: headphoneditin.png (71 KB, 1061x797) Image search: [Google]
headphoneditin.png
71 KB, 1061x797
>>320567593
>you won't find a better headphone with a mic
>paying more for inferior quality just because of all-in-one convenience

reading about the longevity of these is the same as it always is
>wire doesn't disconnect from headset, and its shorting out isn't covered by the warranty
>15% of total reviews are 1 star and talking about how they fall apart in less than a year
>warranty is nonexistent if headset is bought from a seller that isn't "authorized" by them; hope you didn't go with the cheapest seller

>>320568304
>you could get these two things that cost <$100, but they won't be as good as the thing that's over $350

god i sure fucking hope so
>>
Don't buy a "gaming headset". They're marketed to normalfags who don't know anything about audio equipment.
>>
>>320565430
Just get a pair of Beats and slap a mic on like everyone else in this thread is saying
>>
OP here. I actually found a pair of headphones I got years back that surprisingly still work (and bass on these are still as good as I remember). Guess I need a decent mic now. Probably will get a stand up. Any recs?
>>
>>320569059
this. you're buying "gold plated hi-fidelity diamond wound HDMI cable" tier shit
>>
>>320567097
Do you like watching youtube videos in 240p or something?
>>
>>320569315
I use a blue snowball. It's pretty good
>>
>>320569315
modmic from antlion
>>
>>320569686
Do not buy this overpriced trash.
>>
>>320565430
I made the mistake of getting your pic related. Worst buyers remorse ever.
>>
File: logitech_g430_gaming_headset_02.jpg (41 KB, 1000x734) Image search: [Google]
logitech_g430_gaming_headset_02.jpg
41 KB, 1000x734
I have logitech g430's that were around 50 bucks.

I like them, and they are pretty durable.
>>
>>320570228
you could buy a Superlux hd681 for less than 20 bucks and it would blow your mind
>>
>>320566372
This man's right. My go-to is a set of sennheisers with chink moba style mic set around my neck.
>>
>>320569949
I second this, it's not bad but the price isn't worth the convenience and the quality isn't good for the price either. I still use mine though so at least it holds up well.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.