[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: squad_logo.png (25 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
squad_logo.png
25 KB, 500x221
No thread on Squad? Jesus Christ /v/ has such a shit taste in games.

Squad is defiantly game of the year.

https://youtu.be/5ysn0bZAQMU

I doubt I'll get any replies to this though, everyone is circlejerking over old shitty Japanese games.
>>
>>320563606
We've already had this thread multiple times, and the general consensus is don't buy it right now because it's an Early Access title. Stop trying to to convince people to get it already, retards are only giving the devs a bad name. The only people who should get it are people who legitimately follow the game and already played PR since they have more valuable feedback. Also:

>game of the year

EARLY ACCESS. It's not even officially out yet god damn.
>>
Literally shilling daily

Fuck off with your shitty PR clone with zero innovations and years of zero content ahead.
>>
>>320564368
Its already game of the year for me.
Iv had more fun with it than any other game for a long time now.

You sound like you have it/played PR.
Aside from optimisation issues what do you think? I've been having consistently fun and varied games with good team work.

>>320564489
> Zero innovations
You can build super FOBs out of bunkers and hex barriers and shit.

>zero years of content
They have finished the humvee, that will be in soon, other vehicles and planed will be added soon too.

Its so fucking fun and there are loads of maps.

Only thing is most of /v/ would lone wolf and never use a mic.
>>
We had a thread like this yesterday and no one knew what it was, and was calling it generic Twitch stream-bait. It was kind of funny.
>>
>>320563606
>defiantly
You have to be 18+ to post on 4chan.
>>
>>320565530
It defied all expectations and refused to bow down to the likes of AAA titles

it kinda works
>>
>>320565530
>>320565624

Shit woops I'm posting from my phone
Auto detect fucked me over
>>
Any word on doing vietnam maps? Those were my favorite in PR
>>
>>320565384
*planes
>>
File: 1441415683296.jpg (4 KB, 118x113) Image search: [Google]
1441415683296.jpg
4 KB, 118x113
>>320563606
Why would you buy this for ~$50 now when you can play PR for free and has 100% more content? The only thing Squad does better now is more modern gunplay (PR's is actually good now anyways) and looks prettier with UE4.
>inb4 some turboshitter complains he can't handle Refractor 2
>>
>>320563606
>all of this shilling lately
come on dev, we had enough.
and
>early access
i'll just wait until the game take off.
>>
>>320563606
So, it's Insurgency with the shitty animations and janky movement of Arma? I'm not convinced.
>>
>>320563606
As someone that has played PR for ca. 5 years I wouldn't suggest buying it now
It's better to just wait a few years for them to add more content and fix stuff
>>
>>320566969
No its better than both.
The appeal is in the team work and the maps
>>
>>320565384
I don't have it. I personally feel I'd get bored of it too quickly based on what it currently has, and I don't like the $40 price tag (although I blame that on myself, I should have gotten it when it was $30 during pre-release). I plan on getting it when it gets another update, though. For now I'm sticking to PR.
>>
>>320567153
Have you played it yet?
IMO its great already aside from a few small optimisation issues.

The ability to build bunkers and hex walls and barbed wire as squad lead is surprisingly fun.

Me and a squad set up a circular super fob on this mountain top and fired across the valley. It was great dude, everything I really loved about or (apart from vehicles atm) compressed. Into a good looking game.
>>
>>320563606
>supporting early access
>literally buying unfinished games

It's faggots like you letting companies have shitty business practices and getting away with it.
>>
>>320567231
Fair enough but I'm loving it as it is, have not felt bored once over the last 3 days.
>>
>>320563606
That's supposed to be a trailer? That game looks like shit. I can only imagine what the real game feels like.

>all these shitty animations
>looks like they are running through water
>early access

Nah
>>
>>320567651
You can do the same thing in PR. Except when you build Super Fobs to control territory, there's mortars and area attacks to balance it out. Squad leads can place down everything from sandbag bunkers, to MGs, ATGMs and AAs. Opfor Sls can make junk wall fortresses.
>>
>>320567971
Yeah im looking forward to the static weapons.
Terrorists already have the junk wall.
They have changed building mechanics a lot.
>>
>>320568229
In that it doesn't require crates nearby?
>>
Pros
Fun game, good concept, good mechanics, good setting, huge maps.

Cons
No content, shit net code, low tick rate, shit net code, laggy as fuck, terrible hit registration, 300 pings everywhere, shit net code, low tick rate, shit net code.

It'll be good if the dev team can figure out how to make the UE4 net code work. Thus far no one has and the UE is notoriously bad for online games.

If they get it to work it could be a really great game.

Hopefully all these steam bux will help the devs figure it out or get them villas in Tahiti.
>>
>>320567651
>Have you played it yet?
No and I don't see why I should
>>
>>320563606
It is MAG 2.0
>>
File: 1433292518811.jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1433292518811.jpg
20 KB, 460x276
>>320563606
>buying early access games
>>
What's the point of buying some buggy and unfinished game if you can play Project Reality for free?
>>
i find it somewhat astonishing that they managed to make a UE4 game this ugly looking
>>
>>320569707
fucking this. The game looks terrible.
>>
File: 1449411072642.png (172 KB, 640x607) Image search: [Google]
1449411072642.png
172 KB, 640x607
>>320563606
>EA
Come back and shill when the game is actually finished.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.