[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's going to be the next big Stealth game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
So what's going to be the next big Stealth game /v/?
>>
Tropico 6
>>
R6: Siege + Splinter Cell

Would /v/ play it?
>>
Not exactly stealth but I've got a feeling Ghost Recon Wildlands will scratch the open world guerilla warfare simulator that MGSV scratched so well.

People can shitpost all they want, the style of game MGSV was scratched every itch for me as a gamer. I always wanted some Open World stealth warfare simulator.
>>
>>320542360
the core gameplay was top notch in MGSV. Amount of interesting content and shite story were where the game fell short. It needed more OKB-Zero and Camp Omega type areas instead of just 2 gigantic and empty worlds.
>>
>>320542360
>Ghost Recon Wildlands

You mean Call of Juarez Recon
>>
I imagine the next Splinter Cell, whenever it comes out.

Stealth is pretty much dead. Rather than make stealth games which are niche an don't appeal to the lowest common denominator, companies are simply homogenizing the third person shooter/action game genre so that it encompasses all other genres within it. That means RPG elements, stealth, even strategy. When those games then sell more than dedicated stealth games there is no need to make them any more.
>>
Do you count Assassin's Creed?

I hope so because if you don't then I've got some really bad news.
>>
File: biker.jpg (47 KB, 371x449) Image search: [Google]
biker.jpg
47 KB, 371x449
>>320543020
>tfw it's true

goddamnit, I just wish someone would make a niche stealth game rather than this "multiple half assed playstyles" shit
>>
>>320543169
Assassins Creed is a stealth game, but I mean more modern takes on the genre, stuff like MGS, alpha protocol.
>>
File: chaos dunk.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
chaos dunk.webm
3 MB, 800x450
The new Gayest Sex.
>>
>>320543248
AAA companies have no incentive to do such a thing.
>>
chapter 3
>>
>>320541767
MGS6, duh.
Konami is already hiring for it
>>
Dishonored 2
>>
>>320543421
>>320544391
I like Dishonored and Deus Ex, but this play it your way thing just really makes the stealth in them feel watered down.
>>
>>320541767
Hopefully, Otherside Entertainment can convince Square to pass the Thief IP for a game one day.
>>
>>320545263
I can't wait for Thi4f 2: The Thiefening
>>
>>320545541
You're missing my point. Square announced earlier this year they're having too many IPs on their hands, and would like to pass projects to developer studios for a spin. They haven't added Thief to the outsourcing list, but if Square and OSE ever sync it up right, it would be amazing.
If you haven't picked up on it yet, Otherside Entertainment is made of a bunch of old coots that were Looking Glass Studios and Ion Storm employees.
>>
>>320542360
>I always wanted some Open World stealth warfare simulator.

>MGS5
>warfare simulator

Go play Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, or even the original if you have the time to learn it.
>>
>>320546191
I remember seeing an ad for that game when I was younger and remember thinking how badass of a game it sounded like, I was to young to appreciate tactical warfare operator games tho(at the time).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.