[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still looking forward to Strafe? https://www.youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: PC3.jpg (23 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
PC3.jpg
23 KB, 594x334
Anyone still looking forward to Strafe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAWjanuLPc
>>
>>320528395
Why does it run like shit

in promo video

while looking like Quake 2 with HDR
>>
>>320528682
how does it run like shit?

>while looking like Quake 2 with HDR

because they are going for the Quake/Doom feel with it.

Shame about the randomized level layouts, but Im kind of ok with it after they explained how it works. on their blog
>>
>>320528920
>because they are going for the Quake/Doom feel with it.
Excuses.
>>
>>320528920
The whole intro sequence up to 0:30 looks like it runs on 20fps average with huge spikes.

>because they are going for the Quake/Doom feel with it
I never said it was a bad thing, but I would expect the game to run smoothly at 200fps+ on an intel HD 2000, considering it's 2015 and we have access to tools unheard of back when C was still a thing in vidya development.
>>
>>320528920
Link to the blog post?
>>
>>320528395

> Can only carry two weapons
>>
>>320528395
it really does run and look like shit in this video
>>
Looks interesting, would probably buy it.
>>
>>320528395
>first time ever seeing game
>1995 graphics
>slowdown

Nope. Not interested.
>>
>>320529716
>back when C was still a thing in vidya development.

I am curious what you think modern game engines are coded in. Hint: it's c and will always be c for anything relevant
>>
>>320528395
>looks like a flash game
>muh gore
>gee bill, only two weapons?
Looks interesting but I don't like it. Back to Quake, I guess.
>>
>>320528395
Have they fixed the terrible framerate drops yet?
>>
>>320528395
Will this run on an actual machine from 1996 or is this some weak lolsoretro bullshit.
>>
File: 1450178753325.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1450178753325.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
>>320530701
>Hint: it's c
Haha. No it's not, nigga. It's C++, and if you don't know the difference you're not qualified to talk about either.
>>
>>320530930
Man I recently downloaded some quaddicted maps

great fucking maps still coming out, one of the highest rated of all time was released in 2013.

I wish anything ever did Quake's aesthetic again. Everyone complained about the brown but I loved that dark dirty world.

No game will ever make me feel like that again, being part of the Quake 1 era was really, really special. Gamers these days don't have anything to compare.
>>
Is the video stuttering for me or is the framerate really bad?
>>
>read the description
>guy says his PC wasn't able to record at a smooth framerate
>decided to post it anyway to the game's official youtube page

what a fucking idiot. If you're releasing official footage of your game, make sure it looks good. Send the game to someone with a better computer and have them record it for you.
>>
It looks like a fun game.
I've been waiting for all these indie devs to step their game up from 2D pixel shit to stylized 3D.
>>
>>320532380
>It looks like a fun game.

Just play Quake1 with directquake or another source port that maintains the original software graphics
>>
yea guys check it out my throwback to early fps >2 weapon limit
>>
I've been keeping up with it, I'm still interested
>>
>>320533232
>2 weapon limit
I just lost all interest.

Indie fags don't get what made old games great, it wasn't just the graphics.
>>
>>320528395
Horrible music.
>>
The gunplay looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>320533461
it was the gameplay. which is still good. 2 weapon limit or not, the way it works is you find weapons lying around that you can use till they run dry, or you can upgrade your main weapon(s) do do different shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8bNMwESDbU

it balances out, imo.
>>
>>320529867
One weapon with two firing modes.

Killed a lot of my hype for the game. I was hoping to switch between shit during play, like in any other fucking FPS.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.