[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are witnessing the downfall of gaming. Indie games are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 21
File: 1446439712375.jpg (21 KB, 333x334) Image search: [Google]
1446439712375.jpg
21 KB, 333x334
We are witnessing the downfall of gaming. Indie games are the only good thing coming out lately.

>MGSV
>Xenoblade
>Fallout 4
>Mario Party
>Halo 5

All of these games and more were just terrible. The paid reviews say otherwise of course.
>>
Indie games are just as bad, if not worse. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>320523697
This.
Games, in general, are declining in quality.
>>
>>320523697
Limbo was amazing
>>
>>320524032

I thought Limbo was awful. I got it for less than $5 on a steam sale and still regret it. It doesn't do anything remarkable whatsoever and the one thing it had going for it, a mysterious setting/vibe, had zero payoff making the entire thing feel like a waste of time.
>>
I still don't get why they're making every Fallout just like Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>320524692
Bethesda's one track mind.
>>
>>320523545
The only game I would say is "bad" is fallout 4.

MGSV was fun and enjoyable.

Xenobade is fine, its kinda like a single player MMO but works really nice.

Mario Party is just Mario Party.

Halo 5 campaign is garbage, but its multiplayer is really solid.
>>
Maybe your standards are too high. Those are all good games
>>
Japan saves gaming next year.
>>
If Fallout 4 is any indication, it's more like we're witnessing the corruption of its higher tiers by an appeal to the lowest common denominator.

The AAA business model is diseased, true, but there seems to still be plenty of medium-sized publishers and developers trying to either experiment with new ideas, or reawaken old genres. The upcoming XCOM game, Divinity Original Sin, and games like Bloodborne and the newly-announced Ace Combat are examples of this. Basically innovation and consistency in the industry is driven by smaller studios that don't need to outspend the GDP of certain african states in order to claim that a game is ready for launch.
>>
>>320525456
>Fallout 4
>Mario Party
>Halo 5

>Good games

I mean, Mario Party doesn't really matter but the other two were undeniable hot garbage
>>
>>320524032
>implying limbo is new
>>
>>320523545
You sound like someone who hasn't played ANY of those games. They are just fine, indie games can be really fun too. The fact that you named games that take +10 hours to complete makes me think you either didn't play them or just looked them up on Youtube
>>
>>320525554
This makes good sense
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 255x255
make a game then faggot and make it better than all 5 of those titles or else you have to suck all our dicks

I agree they're not the best but if you buy a AAA game with more than half of its budget spent on marketing, and then find out its an overhyped piece of shit, you have no one but yourself to blame
>>
>>320523545
MGSV, the only thing wrong was story. not enough and not nearly confusing enough either
>>
It's been in decline since 2007.

If you think that between 2007 and now was the pinnacle of anything good for the industry you're probably underaged.
>>
>>320526045
Not just in decline, it has been practically dead since 2007. You have to enjoy eating shit if you think otherwise.
>>
>>320523545
>>320525554

This video from GT should answer all your questions, it has solid points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q
>>
>mario party
>bad

at least throw a convincing bait
>>
File: 2015 PC offering.jpg (3 MB, 5520x1880) Image search: [Google]
2015 PC offering.jpg
3 MB, 5520x1880
>>320523545
>indie

Not really. If anything we're seeing the return of the mid-size developed games which practically died in the last five or so years.
>>
>>320525198

I wouldn't even say Fallout 4 itself is bad. It has done ATROCIOUS THINGS to certain elements of the franchise, gutted dialogue, gutted character freedom, invested way too much in frivolous things like name databases and voice-acting instead of investing said money in more worthwhile aspects of the game. But on the other hand, it shows that after half a dozen game Bethesda FINALLY learned to make ranged combat in Gamebryo enjoyable, and weapon crafting is at least serviceable. Basically Fallout 4 is like a microcosmos of everything that's wrong with the industry, being a game that clearly has had a metric ton of effort put into it, but said effort went mostly into flair and window dressing rather than solid, well-crafted content.

>>320526045
It certainly was until 2014, which was probably one of the worst years of gaming I can think of in recent memory. At least 2015 has had titles with solid gameplay, 2014 had nothing. So it's at least one degree higher now than 2014?
>>
>>320523545
>Underrail is coming out tomorrow.
>Age of Decadence came out not too long ago.
>LISA too, but not a lot of people enjoy it.
>Grim Dawn is to be expected to come out early next year.
>Battle Brothers is going strong.
>probably more, but I forgot

All indie. All great, even those not yet released, as they were available to play through demos and Early Access.

I'm PC only, and the last AAA games I bothered to play were GTA 5 and Witcher 3. Absolutely everything else is utter garbage. So yeah, AAA is junk.
>>
>>320526045
>>320526286
>decline since 2007
really? i don't play much video games, i maybe play from 3 to 5 different games per year and i've never felt lacking in much all these years except for the fact that the new consoles can't do shit and games are just waiting for the new systems to arrive
>>
You do realize there is more to gaming than AAA big-budget/big-marketing pleb-tier bullshit, right?

Maybe learn about more games instead of bitching about the ones you do know about? Crazy thought.

God, /v/ is fucking full of clueless plebs.
>>
>>320523545
Fallout 4 was great. Still haven't played MGSV but definitely need to.
>>
>>320524032
That game came out years ago anon, and it was very short to boot.
>>
>>320526589
That's why. You play a few games a year so you don't notice that we get maybe 1/4 as many worthwhile games per year as we did a decade ago.
>>
>>320526508
Theres a lot of console faggots here that this doesnt apply to. Its AAA or bust for a lot of them.
>>
I know people here are going to ignore Mario Party, so allow me to shed some light on it. As heavily based on RNG as MP is, the game is incredibly balanced because it is still equal, just chaotic. That being said, the Bowser mode implanted actually ruins the game balance, and is incredibly one sided in the Bowers favor.
Not only that, the whole traveling together thing is just a bad and bland choice. I accepted it in the 3ds Mario Party, but on a main console MP this is quite unacceptable.
>>
>>320523545

>paid reviews

Worst /v/ meme. Wish it would end desu
>>
>>320526584
>age of decadence and underrail, both in 2015

hell yes
>>
For me 2015 has been an awesome year for gaming.

I bought THREE new games this year. Trails in the Sky SC, Trails of Cold Steel, and the FFVI PC port. For the record, since 2005, I don't think I've even bought three new games total. Doing 3 in one year is a big deal for me and a sign that good games are being released.
>>
>>320523545
Worry not Anon, for we still have CD Projekt Red with The Witcher 3, the last and best of the AAA games.
>>
>>320527098
You have incredibly low standards. I mean, hell, you'd buy an awful mobile port.
>>
>>320526598
Considering we're getting hype threads for Ass Creed, CoD, Halo, and whatever other bottom of the barrel, AAA-budget, "audiences so wide yo' momma fit in them", "I come home after work and all I want to do is to turn off my brain and game" games, it's no surprise most posts are made by dumbfucks who have not played anything that you couldn't find in a gamestop or wallmart or wherever. >>320526978
Fucking casuals, the lot of you. I swear.
>>
>>320527180
>Stop liking what I don't like!
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>320526508
Vermintide is so much fun, it just needs more content.
>>
>>320527098
>FFVI PC port
How can a game simultaneously have the greatest spritework possible for monsters and yet the most atrocious character models I have ever seen in a 2D JRPG? It's like the left and right sides of the battle screen have been made by completely different studios.
>>
Does /v/ hate AAA devs? I don't know everytime they get brought up it seems like they are killing the industry
For my part everytime i've seen a AAA dev trying something different it allways ends up bombing because of low sales so those projects are discontinued
Generic FPS and "Open world" games sell a lot, why is it bad that they make these games? They need to earn money, if the gamers stopped buying the same generic games and actually went for something else maybe they would get the message?

>What do you think of AAA devs anons? Do you hate them?
>>
>>320527153
Now if only they were actually good at game design and didn't coast by on good writing in a generic story.

In addition, they won't be your buddies for long. Now that they've abandoned PC for consoles they'll be getting increasingly Semitic. Cyberpunk will have pre-order DLC and the next game will have day-one DLC and the one after that will have microtransactions.
>>
File: 1449931844587.jpg (69 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1449931844587.jpg
69 KB, 420x236
>>320523545
>I didn't like these games so the industry must be crashing :((((((
When will kids like you die?
>>
>>320527367
Where are these unique AAA failures?
>>
>>320523545
More like decline of aaa gaming, but its long coming.
Brand mismanagement, chasing of gimmicky trends, reduced devs times, splitting work over multiple teams, outsourcing to countries with which you cant even coordinate, lack of QnA, overreliance on industry veterans who refuse to learn new skills and improve, more shitty dlc, micro transactions, overpaid position with game dev becoming now now of the highest paid industries in the world where the average is now 83k$/year, the list never ends.

The industry seems to be on a one way trip to a crash with no signs of improvements, every year games get worse, more buggy, more expensive, less and less original, the press keeps sucking their dick and disinformation it spreads pushes people away form aa gaming arther than towards it.

Games that sell 5mln copies have no problems with covering their budget and making any money back, Its fucking ridiculous.

First step towards improving this mess would be reducing the insane salaries and bonuses people get in this industry, you cant fucking make a game employing 300 people each of them making 100k$+, you just cant. Games make a lot of money but not that much money. Add on that costs of marketing and you need to sell 5mln copies to even break even, yet alone make any profit.
This chasing for 10mln$ sells is one of the core of this industry problems that leads to rushed releases and this dlc and micro transactions circus.
>>
>>320526508
>Act of Aggression
Why post a bad game to make a point?
Also Halo 5 is a fully featured Halo game now. Two months after release, 343. What the fuck.
I'll admit that Halo 5's story was extraordinarily weak, and while it has some great setpieces that give you a lot of freedom in how to approach the enemy, hidden weapons, and such, the story itself was really predictable from the second mission onward.
That, and Blue team had no in-game characterization. Locke was also a boring character, too, which is extra problematic because you play as him more than the Chief
>>
>>320523545
I agree with all bar fallout 4. Its as brilliant as fallout 3 if not better.
If a game doesnt cater to your tastes then u arent gonna like it. AAA games can be good ac syndicate is one imo and fo4 is another
>>
>>320527367
Let us remember that, at the end of the day, in a developer/consumer relationship, the argument that states that "if the devs implement X feature they will be able to make more money at the expense of the quality of the product" is, while clearly an argument as for why they would WANT to do it, by no means justification as for why they SHOULD do it.
>>
>>320527774
>Why post a bad game to make a point?

Because not everything is gold, anon. You can enjoy mediocre games as well if you're into the genre because not everything is aimed at mainstream and has to be looked at with that in mind.
>>
>>320527869
It's scary that I can't tell if we've been invaded or if posts like these are satire.
>>
>We are witnessing the downfall of gaming.

I already witnessed the downfall of gaming in the mid-90s.
>>
>Games make a lot of money but not that much money. Add on that costs of marketing and you need to sell 5mln copies to even break even, yet alone make any profit.
Except the game industry makes more than Hollywood.
Maybe not in 2015 though, it's a big year for movies
>>
>>320527993
Yeah, I sure miss every single game being a 2 hour sidescrolling platformer or action game. 3D really killed videogames.
>>
>>320523545
>forgot witcher: wild meme
>>
>>320527957
The elitism of the board leads to people forgetting that there are quite a few degrees of separation between "Game of the Year" and "Unremarkable".
>>
>>
>>320528123
They were only 2 hours after you had put forth enough effort to master the games.

Still, I'd rather play a 2 hour game that's thoroughly satisfying than a 20 hour game that's mind-numbing.
>>
>>320526508
Shit, I don't know like 3/4 of those games.

>Hard West
Is it any good? Because that's a bitching cover.
>>
>>320528287
I agree. You can still get those in the 3D space. The mid and late 90s are certainly not where gaming died. If anything that period was the peak.
>>
>>320528232
>Perhaps Atari, perhaps someone else
Whatever happened to that rumor that either Atari or Sega [I think it was one of the big Japanese companies of the late 80s/early 90s that has fallen out of grace] was going to launch a Steam-like platform?
>>
MGSV was fucking great you asshole
No it did not live up to the hype
Yes it was very repetitive
Yes the story is bad
But the actual gameplay, the thing that fucking matters, was 10/10
>>
>>320528428
I disagree. The mid-to-late-90s were full of franchises moving to 3D completely without regard of whether they should or not and the results are varying degrees of clumsiness. I remain thoroughly unconvinced that any 2D franchise has ever properly jumped into the 3D space aside from racing games.

In addition, the outright hostility toward 2D games in that era left me with a sour taste for those years that I still have to this day. Anything non-3D was shunned and ignored and there was a large impression that 2D games were no longer welcome in gaming. That impression was amplified further in the 6th generation.
>>
>>320528871
>MGSV
>Bad story
>Repetitive gameplay
>10/10

One of these just doesn't belong
>>
File: wakeupsheeple.jpg (46 KB, 283x200) Image search: [Google]
wakeupsheeple.jpg
46 KB, 283x200
>>320523545
The crash is here.
Bye bye AAA, hello indie passion projects out the ass
It's a beautiful time to be alive.
>>320523697
Except that's objectively untrue. I buy a great new indie game every month or so. Haven't seen a decent AAA in years.
>>
>>320528934
Zelda did it very well, and though it's a dank meme to hate on it and SM64 both added a dimension fairly well.

Though I agree with you, shit like MMX7/8 never should have happened
>>
>>320523545
>AAA sucks because I said so
>indies are the only things worth anythign cause I said so

A video game is only as good as the effort put into it. That's it.

Can you name how many 'indie' game are out there that are basically a reskin of an 80/90's platformer with the only unique thing about it being a that it's got a 'unique' art style. it's pretty much on par with how many CoD clones there are out their in the market.

There can be soulless Indie games just like their can be masterfully done AAA games. the only thing real factor in these is the level of effort put into their dev teams. The End.
>>
>>320528934
I'll agree that the shunning of 2D was not fair, but 3D has created infinite possibilities and new genres.
>>
>>320529012
>you
>reading comprehension
Pick 1
>>
>>320528369
It's xcom without overwatch and enemy pods.
I dig it because a shotgun is perfectly dangerous from 50 yards away. About time a TBS did shotguns right.
>>
File: mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320523545
>were just terrible
if you are one of those reddit faggots that only play video games for the story or play sjw games like memetales prety much
>>
>MGSV is bad

what the fuck is with this meme? Just because you didn't like the story doesn't mean the game is bad. It's more of a game than the rest of the series combined, even if it does get repetitive after 50 hours.
>>
>>320524692
The Misunderstanding that somehow taking away options for the players is somehow simplification of mechanics and the equal misunderstanding that that kind of 'simplicity' is somehow innovative.

Crafting system in Fo4 is fucking GOAT though. Just fucking annoying how I can never keep enough alluminium
>>
File: dolemite.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dolemite.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>320529084
>can be masterfully done AAA games
Name one.
>>
>>320529264
>It's more of a game than the rest of the series combined

get out
>>
>>320529175
>MGS
>Gameplay
ok anon, this is literally ''cutscene: the game", if the story is not good then 70% of the game is not good
>>
What's wrong with Xenoblade?
>>
>>320529372
Epic meme.
>>
>>320526385
I've seen this before.
He didn't prove that innovation was bad. He just proved the point that casuals helped to kill it. And he forgot to mention that huge spending is another factor that hurts new games which is the publishers/devs fault. The only reason new games don't make enough money is because they spend on them the same way they spend on regurgitated bullshit. Also correlation doesn't automatically mean causation.

Not to mention that new games still cost a fortune. If they really wanted to peak peoples interest with new ideas then stop selling them for a fortune along with Season passes and DLC to boot. Stop making it a fucking money gamble. Take their time and make something truly refreshing that has reasonable amounts of content.

On top of that, the new generations' version of new is heavily distorted. New now has to mean reinventing the fucking wheel, which takes much more money and time and leaves most users with almost no game because they didn't spend any time on depth or content.

Most of us are happy with games that take old concepts into a new direction. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls for instance weren't reinventing the fucking wheel. But they did take a lot old ideas and swing them into new territory. They added depth where it hadn't existed before (or at least for a long time).

So honestly I think the problem is the way EVERYONE (pubs and gamers) define innovation. See pubs say it just to fucking say it. Gamers say it to mean something magical that doesn't currently exist (and never will). Gamers do know what they want but they don't know how to properly express it and pubs just don't give a fuck one way or the next.

Plus half the reason new series don't sell as well as once they've had "mass appeal" is because it takes fucking time to build up a fanbase. You can't just poop out something new and expect everyone to hop on board immediately. That's unrealistic.

This shit is hard as bait for views.
>>
>>320529079
>Zelda did it very well, and though it's a dank meme to hate on it and SM64 both added a dimension fairly well.
I completely disagree on both counts. Zelda simplified enemy encounters to one-on-one affairs with telegraphed attacks and I've always hated the clumsiness of Z-targeting being the only possible way to move the camera. Likewise, I have never liked how Super Mario 64 controls and hate being forced to choose one of eight less-than-ideal camera angles to make jumps. Sunshine is the only 3D Mario I can bother somewhat tolerating because it's the only one that allows me to put the camera exactly where I want it.

I wasn't impressed with games just because they were 3D, I wanted games that played well. Playing the games on demo units in stores and on friends' systems didn't leave me impressed.

Franchises that started in 3D I have different feelings toward. It's just that for the most part, I do not look back fondly on the 5th generation like most people seem to do.
>>
Le Ebin Dank Memes: The Thread

The only game on OP's list that I haven't played is Halo 5 and Mario Party. The rest I had/am having an extremely fun time playing.

I will say though that Fallout 4 was a definite disappointment. But I wouldn't call it terrible.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X is terrible.
Translation: I don't play videogames. I just shitpost. I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I also typically stay away from Indie games now because good Indie games seem to have a habit of blowing the fuck up and getting an autisticly annoying fanbase that doesn't shut the fuck up.
>>
>>320529369
>MGS1
>6 hours long with cutscenes

>MGS2
>10 hours long with cutscenes, most of the game spent looking at talking heads in codecs

>MGS3
>15 hours long, about eight of them gameplay

>MGS4
>5 hours of gameplay, only two of them good, the rest are shit following segments/on rails shooting/boring nostalgiabait levels
>10 hours of cutscenes

>MGSV
>Approximately 40-50 hours of gameplay before repetition sets in
>maybe four-five hours of cutscenes

it's true m8
>>
>>320529802
>OoT and SM64 were bad imo.
Okay anon, you can have your opinions and i'll respect them...but you're still wrong.
>>
>>320529409
It's on WiiU and not as niche as Xenoblade Chronicles was, so /v/ has to act like it's shit.
>>
Why the fuck do you plebs keep expecting quality from triple a? Are you teenagers?
>>
I don't think I believe in paid reviews, at least not the way /v/ does. Clearly sometimes there are situations where a company is paying a shit ton for ad space and it's obvious if they gave it a bad review that would never happen again.

But I think 9/10 most people are just incapable of looking at anything new, objectively. It takes people roughly six months to a year when it comes to media to take an objective look at it.

I'd bet my left nut after this time frame people will not only be bashing Fallout 4 in droves, but also the new Star Wars.
>>
>>320523545
Those games are gud though op. Have you even played them?
>>
>>320529980
I said that I didn't like them and that I think they did a poor job at trying to translate their franchises to 3D.
>>
>halo 5
>bad
>>
>>320529372
At least play it before repeating the overused memes.
>>
>>320530108
That grace period is getting much shorter with years, whether because people are wisening up to marketing or because they're getting more and more jaded. Fallout 4 is already getting shit and I give new SW movie a month tops.
>>
>>320523545
Whats happening is pretty simple. The same old tired concepts/engines/series are losing steam. AAA games have been limping along for a while now and when they finally break down the whole industry will be thrown into a bit of upheaval. Things could have died with the E.T game, and if videogames could survive that then it'll survive again.
>>
>Xenoblade
>Mario Party

But these are good games
>>
>>320529860
># of hours of it takes to beat is the only thing that matters

By this logic skyrim is one of the greatest games of all time because you can sink hundreds of hours into it.

MGSV gameplay gets stale even before the first chapter is over. Every mission breaks down to "tranq everyone, fulton everyone, fulton target" and a shit, boring story to go with it

All of the other MGS games have interesting sneaking sections, enthralling stories, and unique boss battles (lack of boss battles in MGSV was severely disappointing)
>>
>>320530724
>All of the other MGS games have interesting sneaking sections

Not really. 1 pretty much becomes a succession of boss battles and set pieces after Psycho Mantis (which are good, but the core stealth gameplay is left in the dust) and there's way too much backtracking, MGS2 is on rails after the bomb disposal (and is the only time you can actually explore the Big Shell), MGS4 is a fucking bore after Act 2 and fuck you if you defend it

MGS3 is the only game in the series that gets the gameplay/cutscene ratio right. You're just mad MGSV actually wants to be a video game so normies enjoy it too instead of being turned off by the WORDSWORDSWORDS cutscenes
>>
>>320529329
>couldn't green text that second option

Spec Ops:The Line, all the metal gears games. The first few AssCreed games(subjectively speaking). Last of Us It's not exactly hard mate. Not that it will stop you from saracastcally green texting with some sort of insult about my taste n AAA
>>
>>320530953
>Spec Ops:The Line
>Mediocre 3rd person shooter game that rips off themes from Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now, so deep!
>You're a bad person if you play our game, wait, why isn't it selling? FUCK YOU FOR NOT ENJOYING OUR GENIUS VIDEO GAME
>>
>>320530953
in the last couple years shitburger fuck.
Obviously AAA used to be good or no one would ever play them.
Also the last of us is garbage, I gave my copy away to a buddy at work. He didn't even bother playing past the opening.
>>
>>320531072
it tried to be cerebral and didn't even bother attempting to compete with CoD. and put some level of attempt to tell a story beyond "go here shoot thing, leave to shoot another thing" it's at least noteworthy of that
>>
>>320523545
Keep playing that indie garbage, while I enjoy every AAA game that comes out and spend 100+ hrs into each one of them.

I have a powerful pc, why would I waste its potential on some indie garbage no one plays?
>>
>>320530391
Console kek faggot. Kill yourself asap.
>>
>>320531432
>that aliasing
>i have a powerful pc
>>
>>320523545
>MGSV is bad meme

I'm having more fun doing the side content than anything in Shitout 4
>>
>>320523545
Youre a fucking idiot living in some kind of dreamworld if you think indie games were better than fo4 or mgsv
>>
>>320531842
>This game may be poop but at least it's not shit!
Console kiddos everyone.
>>
File: Tarn_Adams.jpg (212 KB, 727x863) Image search: [Google]
Tarn_Adams.jpg
212 KB, 727x863
>>320531867
What was that anon? Did you hear that? It's the sound of BTFO
>>
>>320532031
>someone disagrees with me about a game
>it's gotta be a console gamer
>even though MGSV and FALLOUT are both available on pc.

pretty sure your fucking retarded.
>>
>>320531842
>Doing garbage repeatable side missions in Mgs5 again and again

Why do autists think this is fun? Seriously.

I ditched Mgs5 when I saw those copy-pasted missions in Act 2.
>>
>>320532201
Only console kiddos are in a position to be forced to like a flavor of AAA garbage.
The liberated PC gentry are allowed to roam free to a plethora of superior indie and small dev team games.
>>
>>320531664
That is just high sharpness. FXAA is already turned on in-game and in Nv control panel.
>>
>>320531432
>control hints
>quest path on minimap
>short hair geralt
>clean shave geralt
>taking a screenshot while saving
literally plough yourself
>>
File: 1401555102930.jpg (46 KB, 498x607) Image search: [Google]
1401555102930.jpg
46 KB, 498x607
>>320523545
Is Xenoblade really bad or is this just a overreaction by autists about the censorship? Don't get me wrong, I hate censorship but I really want to play something on my Wii U and I get PSO vibes from what I've seen, and PSO is one of my favorite games of all time
>>
>>320531432
>1600x900
actually disgusting
>>
File: CNJA_hXUsAQ_jSP.jpg (30 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CNJA_hXUsAQ_jSP.jpg
30 KB, 599x337
>>320532447
>baiting this hard
ayy coo mate
>>
The problem is that the aaa games are hyped up to the point where people expect they'll come just from starting the game, and then the real game is a huge letdown compared to that. Meanwhile indie games don't get hyped up until there's a rabid fanbase, so more people buy a 15 dollar game and go "holy shit, this is pretty goddamn good".
>>
>>320533393
>wrestling fan genuinely believes pc doesn't get access to good indies while he's stuck with no games
Why am I not surprised? I'll bet you believe in Jesus as well.
>>
>>320526584
Atop shilling your indie shit games, no one here cares.
>>
>>320533935
actually he's right and you're probably a faggot.
>>
File: fedorasmang.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedorasmang.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>320533750
ah man. Fuck, you actually made me have to hunt down a fedora image.
>>
>>320534087
Not even the same guy, but point proven. The shills are out in full force today.

>Indies are better than triple A games.
>All AAA franchises can't compare to indie devs
>Big game makers going down

Just fucking tired of seeing every thread getting swamped by these faggots.
>>
>>320534412
I'm one of those faggots and I genuinely feel that way.
Lots of people do because AAA games focus more on marketing and graphics than innovative gameplay and depth.
The games he listed are all great indie titles that in my opinion shit on every AAA title that came out this year.
>>
File: Top sellers.png (373 KB, 608x740) Image search: [Google]
Top sellers.png
373 KB, 608x740
>>320523545
>Indie games are the only good games coming out lately

Yeah no wonder everyone is buying them, right?
>>
>>320523545
>Mario Party
>paid reviews
>>
>tfw both indie games and AAA have equally as much likelihood to be great or shit
>tfw the only thing that actually separates good and bad games is just the level of effort put in by the developers of the games.
>>
>>320523545
Dragon's Dogma is coming out to save a bit
>>
>>320534219
>not having a folder on standby
>>
>>320535421
You say that....yet where are the good AAA games?
They used to be everywhere yet no one can name a genuinely good one in the last 3 years or so yet I can rattle off 15 indies that have either broken new ground or mastered a genre.
>>
>>320535130
>inb4 people call this a meme image
>>
File: 1450295626788.jpg (93 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1450295626788.jpg
93 KB, 763x652
you guys have very high expectations
>>
>>320535548
thing is "Good" is more subjective than you would think. Consider that everyone knows EA games are cancer to the industry, and yet people still buy them. Undertale is a Indie game that's praised critically by basically everyone but a lot of people dislike it.

Good is subjective. what you and I both say are good are gonna be entirely different and your intent on starting an argument on how Indies are superior won't really work on me.
>>
File: 1441819909070.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1441819909070.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>320529041
>The crash is here.

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>320526286
Oh good, I thought it was just me getting older, but the start of the PS3 generation really did feel like the death of everything good and happy in the world.
>>
>>320525580
Fallout 4 wasn't bad, nor garbage.
It just wasn't great, either. It's slightly above average, I'd say, it just stands out more because it's an entry in a genre that doesn't get as many entries as some others.
>>
>>320526508
>Attila
garbage
>>
>>320523545
I thought MGS has already died.
>>
>>320523697
>all indie games are bad

Get fucked baiter.
>>
>>320525965
>implying we pay for these piles of shit
my my anon
>>
>>320523545
>paid reviews

I love this meme.
>>
>>320536735
Objectively false
>>
>>320537741
>le meme meme
>>
>>320533046
I've played some 30-40 hours, and would say that it's strong aspects are pretty fucking great (exploration, combat, visual design/artstyle minus perhaps the characters for some). There are some flaws (some would probably call the major), but I would still say it's good. This is only based on what I've played though.

I haven't played PSO, so I can't compare it against that, sorry.
>>
>>320526508
Isn't total war AAA though?
>>
>>320523545
>2 Nintendo exclusives
>0 PlayStation exclusives
That bloodborne right?
>>
>>320537850
You don't actually think high-end developers pay for good reviews, do you?

Not only is it highly illegal, it would ruin the company the second news got out.
>>
>all indie games are good
>all the best ones people list usually are 2D tribute to retro games done by nintendo
>all of them have "quirky" story telling
>chiptune sound track

and yet all AAA games are cookie cutter and generic
>>
File: Endless legend.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
Endless legend.png
353 KB, 616x340
>A low budget 4x game made by a bunch of frenchmen who barely knows english made my personal GOTY of the last year.
>This game BTFO AAA beyond earth
>This game have given me more enjoyment of any AAA game released in 2014 and 2015 combined
>Expansions are great
Post some recent games that have given you hope for the future
>>
File: fm4-elsa-eliane1.jpg (53 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
fm4-elsa-eliane1.jpg
53 KB, 500x900
>>320538507
>turn based
why does nobody bother with turn based games anymore, you'd think it'd be perfect for the phone market - play a turn or two while you have a minute or on lunch break, put it away and continue one later, perfectly interruptable
>>
>>320523545
>Indie games are the only good thing coming out lately.
saged. reported.
>>>>>>>/trash/
>>
>>320528871
Being repetitive sounds like a pretty big flaw with the gameplay.
>>
>>320530391
They're really not.
>>
>>320525198
>single player mmo
Do you even know what mmo means anon?
>>
>>320525198
>Single player mmorpg
Like and rpg?
>>
>>320523849
Problem is people are support this shit with their money.

Single player games = all streamlined and rushed. Quantity > Quality business model. DLCs, games being broken into multiple parts.

Online games = pay to win business model.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.