[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Suffering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (816 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
816 KB, 3264x2448
I'm starting the Suffering. What can I expect?
>>
>>320519473
A good game.
>>
Suffering
>>
Pretty decent mash up of shooting and spooky environments.
>>
A good game with a very good charadesign
>>
>PS2
But why
Would you play Max Payne on console?
>>
I hope you don't have an irrational fear of being stabbed with dirty needles.
>>
>>320519473

A great game with a flawed but fun sequel, in a series that sold like shit and the devs were shut down, so the franchise got shitcanned. First game is god-tier horror.
>>
File: JEW.jpg (65 KB, 684x410) Image search: [Google]
JEW.jpg
65 KB, 684x410
>>320520164
>irrational
Gee, who could be behind this post?
>>
>>320519473
A fantastic shooter
>>
It's freeware on PC, courtesy of US Air Force.

Not even kiddin lads
>>
File: d9980e6fe2_82719235_o2.jpg (324 KB, 700x517) Image search: [Google]
d9980e6fe2_82719235_o2.jpg
324 KB, 700x517
The designs of monsters in this series are insane.
>>
>>320519473
It's graphics are lacking for this day in age but the environment is great. Story telling pretty scary. I love this game and it's a shame I never played the sequel because The Suffering was 360 compatible but the sequel The Ties That Bind wasn't and I had already sold my Xbox.
>>
hidden gems
>>
>>320521665
replay it on PC. you can import the save from the first game into the second, it literally picks up exactly where and when first one ends.
>>
Never understood the story in The Suffering. Where did the monsters come from? How come the MC can turn into a monster?

Nothing made sense to me when I played it all those years ago.
>>
>>320522256
He is not really a monster, it's metaphorical.

It's... Silent Hill-ish, in a lot of ways.
>>
>>320520105

MP1 played just fine on PS2
>>
File: Big Boss pants surprise.jpg (66 KB, 250x400) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss pants surprise.jpg
66 KB, 250x400
>>320520602

Seriously, what the fuck does the AIR FORCE have to do with games?
>>
>>320523046
Dunno. They also made Blacksite: Area51 freeware.
>>
>>320522256
They're just spoopy ghost monsters that basically come out of hell.
>>
>>320522256

Torque is just crazy and acts like a monster during occasional black outs

The monsters, are harder to figure. It's implied they're real to some extent, but it's also inferred from dialogue that maybe some of the shit going on is just everyone succumbing to a madness since the island prison has a history that'd make Charles Manson wish it were his summer home.
>>
>>320521873

First game, sure.

Second was dogshit. Aside from some nice monster designs, the story is complete trash and ruins the mystique of the original with a retarded retcon and forced nonsense
>>
>>320523893
>It's a sequel to a game you like.
>It's a sequel with he wuz tyler durden all along

Happened to fucking Manhunt 2 as well. How could it become so convoluted? You literally just put the guy in prison with spoopy monsters.
>>
Twas a good game
2 was meh
BABY RAPING SACK OF SHIT
>>
>>320522256
The island's bloody history caused a dimensional rift where the violence and emotions experienced come alive as monsters
>>
Second game is good guys.
>>
File: barakascream.jpg (52 KB, 610x250) Image search: [Google]
barakascream.jpg
52 KB, 610x250
>the shower room
>the insane asylum
>the hangmen
>>
File: Dr Killjoy.jpg (7 KB, 320x236) Image search: [Google]
Dr Killjoy.jpg
7 KB, 320x236
Needs more Vincent Price
>>
Amazing game
>>
Don't bother with the sequel, everything got rewritten to fit in with drug addicts of Baltimore, erasing the creepy mythos of the first.

Also gamebreaking bugs, saving the game would be a matter of luck as sometimes the game froze while saving. After 3 times, I had enough and went back to Blockbuster and complained until I got something else.
>>
>>320524137

More like Imaginary friend. Blackmore is just some kind of Bloo thing Torque made as a kid. I could have accepted if he were a ghost or the concentrated evil of Baltimore using him as a conduit, but being his imaginary daddy figure or whatever was just retarded.

Manhunt 2 at least did it somewhat better since what's his name was basically a split personality created through that weird Manchurian candidate subplot or whatever
>>
>>320526665

Maybe the reskinned monsters from the first. But the original creatures were just fine. The Gorger and Creeper were fucking A+ Hollywood monster material
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.