[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5mash is a fucking disgrace. >Game feels way more like some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14
File: GMw5u.png (622 KB, 1272x759) Image search: [Google]
GMw5u.png
622 KB, 1272x759
5mash is a fucking disgrace.
>Game feels way more like some combination of Smash 64 and Smash 4, with some BS making it easier for offense
>Making charging smashes have more perks like being able to cancel, better range, having armor like focus attacks did in SF4
>Throwing in Tails, why did Sonic get another rep?
>Adding in meme characters like Ridley, thus showing that Sakurai has far less involvement than before
>Hazard toggling because tourneyfags weren't happy with Omega stages
>Adding in characters not from video games
>Smash Museum, trophies were shit since Melee, stop wasting time on stuff that isn't solely gameplay
>>
at least you tried.
>>
I wonder when the "Smash 4 is bad" meme will stop.
>>
>>320510427
Are you a casualfag?
>>
>>320510427
There is nothing wrong with Tails.
>>
>>320510561
As soon as Sm4sh becomes good.

Hint: ________Never_____________________________________________
>>
>>320510427
>hating Tails
>>
>>320510427
I love the increased combo potential, they solved the issue of too much defense.
>>
>>320511820
Now combos are easy though. They dumbed down and pushed tournament play for casuals.
>>
>>320510427
I'm glad they added Amie/Skinshipping. I play with Kirby every day!
>>
>>320510427
I'm glad they finally added Sceptile and Geno, plus Sceptile with its broken D-Tilt + D-Throw + Up-Aerial + F-Smash makes him a tough character. Also I'm glad that Dark Pit and Corrin got excluded.
>>
>>320510427
I still find it funny that the story mode was removed because someone leaked it.
What a childish thing to do.
>>
>>320510560
That was trying? OP needs to step it up.
>>
File: 1444301407635.jpg (157 KB, 698x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444301407635.jpg
157 KB, 698x1200
Reboot the franchise, redo all the character movesets, refresh the roster, and add new features and mechanics.

It's the best thing to do.

Have approx 25 characters on the next roster, all of them with completely redone movesets to fit the new mechanics added to the game.

New mechanics:

>grab parry, give players a chance to instantly break a grab if they press grab right at the first two frames of being grabbed.
>do away with Final Smashes, replace them with meter based ultimate moves
>specials are no longer limited to four, they vary to suit the character's playstyle
>Bubble Shield is replaced with high and low blocks that only block in the direction a player is facing. This gives more utility to characters with specials that block all sides, like Pit. It also adds more strategy to the game since blocking is no longer perfect, thus forcing players to play more offensively.
>specials are now mapped to the second analog, thus allowing for more inputs.
>all characters now have combo options like Bayonetta, as in, some moves have string follow ups, the moves that do, vary per character
>aerial smash attacks added
>all characters now have light and heavy moves like Ryu, light attacks combo very well into their more heavy variations
>air grabs added
>momentum added back in
>characters can now use BURSTs to break combos, they consume their Smash meter though
>high jumps added. Short hops mapped to x, normal jumps added to y, pressing both does a very quick high jump that's great for follow ups against high damage opponents, but it can only be done from the ground
>and Airdash-like feature is added for quick horizontal momentum. It replaces the old air dodge, making it more like Melee's air dodge. However, without diagonal movement. It comes at the cost of the second jump. It can go forwards or backwards if desired, and adds initial invincibility frames. It also doesn't go into recovery mode, however it can't be used consecutively.
>>
>>320510427
It reminds me more of Brawl Minus, which I felt was a better way to add depth and appeal more to casual players.
>>
>>320513485
Only Brawl had a storymode and it sucked.
>>
>>320514707
They don't need to reboot the franchise, the gameplay is fine.
>>
>>320514707
Why not just play Street Fighter then?
>>
>>320517693
The roster is cluttered to high hell though, and a lot of character movesets are permanently botched, or underwhelming compared to newer entries.

I'm not saying change the mechanics. Simply add a couple new ones, restart the roster, and redo all the characters. Some need total redos, others only a couple.

If you really think the next Smash will have 70 characters, you're crazy. There's already too many as is.
>>
>>320510427
>not mentioning air grabs
>>
>>320513263
Why are Ike and Lucario still in though?
>>
>>320517820
From the other thread, right?

Because nothing I posted is anything like SF?
>>
>>320518095
Except the parry thing, the burst meter, weak/strong hits.........
>>
>>320518478
Which is in every fighting game?

And Smash desperately needs grab breaks.

Also, SF doesn't have a combo burst.
>>
>>320510427
At the very least they made the game a bit faster.

My only problem with the roster is that Pac-Man didn't come back though, he was my main in sm4sh. At least they kept Bayonetta, she's pretty fun to fuck around with, even with the changes to her double up-b.

Probably the addition that weirded me out the most was Dante. I know the new DMC was just announced before the trailer showing him off in SmUsh, but even after that game released, he doesn't really sit right with me.

What PISSED me off was that shitty fucking plastic-looking Ryu design. Capcom is fucking shit at visuals, why the fuck would you copy them?

I had fun with it myself, but I'm no tourneyfag or anything, so I stopped playing after a while.
>>
Fuck smash 5

Im going back to project B
>>
>>320511820
THIS, the addition of a quarter-circle special and smash attacks was fucking glorious.
>>
Who the FUCK voted for Banjo? Fuck this gay furry shit.
>>
>>320510427
Tails was a great addition though.
>>
Can every character air dash instead of double jump or is it a character specific feature?
>>
>>320520871
I dunno, I feel he's fitting as one of the two Rare reps.

Conker, on the other hand...
>>
>>320510427
The added hitstun was sorely missed since Melee.
>>
>>320510427
>Implying that the game isnt 10 times better without Hackurai
>>
>>320520984
Character specific, most speed-fighters like Fox and Bayo can do it.
>>
>>320514707
Or make spinoff that makes it like the naruto storm series
>>
>Prince Fluff main
>Bottom tier
>Becomes S tier due to endlag elimination in 1.23 patch
>Everyone changes their name tag to ~TRYHARD~ and ragequits on For Fun Glory

I liked him since Yarn tourneyfags
>>
>>320521128
>yfw the hitstun has remained constant since Melee

In Brawl you could just cancel it, and in Smash 4 the moves are slower, do more knock back, and being able to air dodge immediately after hitstun harms several followups.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (23 KB, 250x307) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
23 KB, 250x307
>>320510427

>Not liking Tails

I was skeptical at first but he's easily one of the best characters in the game. He's like the perfect combination between Megaman and Sonic.

Chemical Plant Zone is also the best stage in the game.
>>
>>320520496
Is it even out yet? Are you all judging the game by the demos?

Sorry if I live under a rock.
>>
>>320514707
I know you like third strike and anime fighters, but holy flying fuck that suggestion list is awful

just stop, stop reposting it
>>
>roster only has 95 characters this time
>4 of those slots are FUCKING WASTED by clones
They really just don't care anymore.
>>
>>320521481
Do you think Sonic is gonna get another NEW stage (unlockable or DLC?)
>>
>>320521626
It's been out for a few months now anon. They released a few patches already.
>>
>>320519861
And ? Doesn't change the fact that it's in SF, the other anon's point.
Plus Smash is not your usual fighting game, no need to make it so.
>>
>>320510427
I haven't been here for a while, how did /v/ react to the Twilight and Spike announcement?
>>
>>320521741
I am hoping for Tropical Resort.
>>
>>320521842
>we were having fun with this thread
>then this faggot came along
>>
File: 1341187647622.jpg (43 KB, 1011x633) Image search: [Google]
1341187647622.jpg
43 KB, 1011x633
>>320510427
>Game feels way more like some combination of Smash 64 and Smash 4, with some BS making it easier for offense
This is funny to me because as it is Smash 4 feels more like a continuation to Smash 64's design philosophies than Melee's or Brawl's.
>>
>>320521691
>Pig Ganon is a clone of Bowser
Really? Man, if Sakurai didn't transcend beyond humanity then this shit would never fly.
>>
>>320521741
I honestly have no idea. I thought that having four different Sonic stages was really pushing it but I guess Sakurai's a really big Sonic fan.

I guess it makes sense considering that Sonic's a Nintendo IP now, but it still doesn't feel like he truly belongs.
>>
>2 days before Scorpion patch

Who Scorp boyz here?

>That long as fuck tether
>That badass Fatality Final Smash
>Them combos

They'll probably nerf the fuck out of him after the next EXO but I'm still looking forward to him.
>>
>>320521842
Fuck off
>>
>>320522042
FUCK I meant EVO.
>>
>>320522001
>2019
>Ganondorf is still a clone, too.
>>
>>320522042
Who would have thought a fucking MC game would go back being on a Nintendo console? Let alone be in Smash. Sad to see no gore because it's a E10+ rated game.
>>
File: LudAhh.jpg (62 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
LudAhh.jpg
62 KB, 320x240
>>320522247

>MC
>C
>CCCCCCCCCCCC
>>
>>320522042

Scorpion is the greatest video game character of all time. He even kicked Superman's ass in the DC-Mortal Kombat krossover in motherfucking story mode! Scorpion can solo pretty much any video game universe that isn't DC (I'll admit if Darkseid, Mongul, and Doomsday teamed up they'd wreck Scorpion but that comp can fuck up even God and Goku's shit together) or Marvel.
>>
Why did they add Arpirate?

He's the worst gen 8 pokemon
>>
>>320518013
They are mainstays of the series.
>>
You virgin losers really complain about minor problems in a party game of all things?
>>
File: 29ej240.png (46 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
29ej240.png
46 KB, 247x248
>>320522042
>Tfw this plays in his trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hQj0P2wlEM
>>
cuck baka desu senpai
>>
>>320521842
/v/ had a laugh about how stupid we all used to act about it.
>>
>>320522023
Sakurai is just an executive producer, he isn't directing this one
>>
File: sadfroge.jpg (61 KB, 937x775) Image search: [Google]
sadfroge.jpg
61 KB, 937x775
Why does Mr. Game & Watch suck so much this time around?
>>
>>320521946
How did Smash 4 play closer to Smash 64 than Brawl?
>>
>>320523446
Because Mrs. Game & Watch is way better
>>
The new "For Blood" mode is fucking cancer, especially since scorpion fags decided to take refuge there.
>>
File: slam-city-rage-small.gif (2 MB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
slam-city-rage-small.gif
2 MB, 125x96
I can't believe they used Samus's Federation Force design. I'm STILL fucking pissed.
>>
File: 552.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
552.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>Finally adds Black Shadow
>Gives him Ganondorf's moveset and gives Ganondorf a sword
>Dorf is now an Ike clone

FFS Samurai
>>
>>320511556
sorry guys, but this.
>>
File: 1374355779441.gif (322 KB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
1374355779441.gif
322 KB, 320x230
>>320523541
>Smash 64
>a new kind of fighting game with a different approach to defeating opponents, combining platforming elements with the goal of hitting foes offscreen with more damage meaning stronger knockback. Made deliberately simpler to control than other fighters at the time, competitive play is all about the neutral, after which a decisive hit is made by either side that leads to a rehearsed combo that either leads to a KO or something very close to one
>Melee
>complexity is greatly increased through added moves and new mechanics like Directional Influence that make moment-to-moment play much more freeform and inventive. Offense and defense in better balance, though the fast pace of the game still favours offense slightly
>Brawl
>deliberately a slower-paced game once again aimed at players of all skill levels, with some design choices that would seem even anti-competitive. Still retains much of what was in Melee, though the style of the game is transformed into a defense-oriented game of reading ahead of your opponent to get in single hits and staying in an advantageous position.
>Smash 4
>an absolutely gargantuan amount of unique characters each with their own tricks that keeps getting slight changes of balance in patches the game the receives. Universal mechanics have regressed slightly in the direction of Smash 64, though, with DI's effects lessened and many characters having outright guaranteed combos and setups. This makes designing characters with defined strengths and flaws easier, however, and Smash 4 enjoys perhaps both the best character balance and the best balance of offense and defense in the series (though it's still up to a player's taste what kind of play they ultimately prefer)

This is how I generally see it
>>
>>320514707
So you want smash not to play like Smash? Ok.
>>
>>320517982
>If you really think the next Smash will have 70 characters, you're crazy. There's already too many as is.
Not really, there are games with bigger rosters.
>>
>>320514707
Or just wait for Nintendo vs Capcom in three months and go play that.
>>
File: smash 5 roster.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
smash 5 roster.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Repostan.
>>
>>320514707
Good :
>and Airdash-like feature is added for quick horizontal momentum. It replaces the old air dodge, making it more like Melee's air dodge. However, without diagonal movement. It comes at the cost of the second jump. It can go forwards or backwards if desired, and adds initial invincibility frames. It also doesn't go into recovery mode, however it can't be used consecutively
>grab parry
>air grabs added
>momentum added back in
Mitiged :
>all characters now have combo options like Bayonetta, as in, some moves have string follow ups, the moves that do, vary per character
>specials are no longer limited to four, they vary to suit the character's playstyle

Bad :
>do away with Final Smashes, replace them with meter based ultimate moves
>Bubble Shield is replaced with high and low blocks that only block in the direction a player is facing. This gives more utility to characters with specials that block all sides, like Pit. It also adds more strategy to the game since blocking is no longer perfect, thus forcing players to play more offensively.
>specials are now mapped to the second analog, thus allowing for more inputs.
>aerial smash attacks added
>all characters now have light and heavy moves like Ryu, light attacks combo very well into their more heavy variations
>characters can now use BURSTs to break combos, they consume their Smash meter though
>high jumps added. Short hops mapped to x, normal jumps added to y, pressing both does a very quick high jump that's great for follow ups against high damage opponents, but it can only be done from the ground

If you want I can explain the reason for each choice but the main reason is that smash is smash (and not a classic 2d fighter)
For exemple : your shield proposition doesn't think about the attacks that come up to you or if you're playing with more than 2 players
>>
>>320514707
>>grab parry, give players a chance to instantly break a grab if they press grab right at the first two frames of being grabbed.
>>all characters now have combo options like Bayonetta, as in, some moves have string follow ups, the moves that do, vary per character
>>air grabs added
>>momentum added back in
I only agree with these.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.