[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surely he's no longer considered the worst addition, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
Surely he's no longer considered the worst addition, right?
>>
To me he is.
>>
He never was, since he's just a last minute clone character.

Yoshi was the worst addition, since he was in the first game instead of a better character, all because Nintendo had to sell copies of Yoshi's Story.
>>
To me he is.
>>
He's pretty bad from all angles really.
>>
He's still worse than Corrin in my opinion.
He wouldn't be nearly as annoying if he were an alt. costume like Alph.
>>
The worst character will always be Jigglypuff.
>>
Should've been an alt costume, and I like Dark Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising

That said...yeah, some of the Fire Emblem characters do irk me more personally, but they do bring more to the table than Dark Pit, barring Lucina.
>>
He and Bayonetta are pretty equal.
>>
If he has a move set with his Staff I would be a fan the way he is now he is the worst addiction.
>>
Nah he's alright, are we supposed to list the character we hate the most? Cause I'll go ahead and get this out of the way for everyone.

Corrin

Another Fire Emblem rep, this was obvious reason to hate but the fact of the matter is he's not even a unique fire emblem rep, another MC which we've gotten like fucking five already of, Lucina is I think the only fucking one that's a genuine side character and she's a fucking clone.

Corrin is also a literal who to everyone in Europe and NA, it's a gigantic middle finger to literally half or even more of the Smash 4 fanbase and a complete dick punch as the last DLC for the game. The character doesn't deserve to be in, it looks bland and uninteresting as another fucking semi-marth clone the fucking trademark of FE characters in smash.

Fuck Corrin
>>
File: 1403122209137.jpg (8 KB, 192x264) Image search: [Google]
1403122209137.jpg
8 KB, 192x264
I still feel like Lucina's a worse edition.

Yeah Lucina's got a different character, but aside from an evened out blade she's no different at all from Marth. Granted Dark Pit just uses some of Pit's alt skills, but at the very least that makes him a little unique until you unlock them for Pit.

The different blade allowed for some slight changes in play style but overall I don't think it warranted another character. But they're not my rules, and i can respect whatever was felt right. After all, it's not like I can control them.
>>
>>320510583
Quit being a bitch, Corrin is a better addition that faggot ass Dark Pit
>>
>>320510147
Still is along Lucina. Still enjoy using him without irony.

The other guys aren't in the game really.
>>
File: 40aLGPH.jpg (224 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
40aLGPH.jpg
224 KB, 800x1024
>tfw Dark Pit's Side B buff finally puts him closer to par with Pit rather than him being blatantly inferior
>>
>>320510147

No he's still by fucking far the worst.

we got sakurai's pet project who's completely fucking identical aside from his side B and final smash. Lucina's gimmick at least effects her entire moveset, and dr mario is noticeably slower and feels different than mario. Dark shit is literally just sakurai jerking himself off over his own series.

We coulda gotten an alph semiclone with rock pikmin, or fuck even fucking pichu would have had the decency to be smaller and HAVE ITS OWN MODEL and not a fucking color swap of pit with angry eyebrows.
>>
>>320510583

>corrin
>a clone in any way shape or form

Brain damaged retard detected
>>
>>320511072
He's not calling him a clone, he's saying that he fulfills the same role as the others

As in, "MC of the newest game" rather than a villain or supporting character
>>
Really, if Dark Pit was using different weapons, it really would have been so much better.

You could totally make a moveset revolving around his staff instead of just stealing Pit's bow moveset.
>>
>>320511191

He literally calls him a semiclone of marth in the last sentence
>>
>>320510938
But nobody likes Alph. He pointlessly replaces Olimar in Pikmin 3 even though he's the exact same thing. I'd rather Control+I Pit than Stubbed My Tolimar.
>>
>>320510583
Corrin is literally the best fire emblem addition. He would have been 100% perfect if Lucina and Roy weren't in already
>>
>>320511309

Hell, i's be happy if he was something as simple as being faster and weaker or slower and stronger than normal pit

Being literally identical aside from a single move is sad
>>
>>320511440
I actually completely agree with this. Corrin actually brings something new to the table whereas Roy and Lucina are just slightly different Marths.
>>
File: 337 - VSmIJga.jpg (166 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
337 - VSmIJga.jpg
166 KB, 1500x1500
Worst in Melee, and time didn't chang a thing.
>>
>>320510583
Fuck you I love fem Kamui
>>
>>320510371
I agree. Dark Pit and Lucina kind of pissed me off, but it's alright. BAYO IS IN and I couldn't give any less of a fuck about the rest of the roster.

Except for Shulk. I love Cloud, too
>>
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina are tied for worst by proxy of being lazy clones, but Corrin is the worst unique character by far
>>
Shota in bike shorts is hardly the worst anything.
>>
File: 31177668_p0.jpg (978 KB, 1543x1300) Image search: [Google]
31177668_p0.jpg
978 KB, 1543x1300
I was never against it
>>
File: 1374786647170.jpg (448 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1374786647170.jpg
448 KB, 3840x2160
>>320510583
This is never going to get old
>>
>>320511440
Robin is cooler
>>
Hey at least dark pit has some differences in his specials that make him somewhat unique. lucina is just Marth without the thing that makes Marth really interesting. lucina is an absolutely fucking pointless addition other than waifu bait and being baby's first marth
>>
>>320510147
You're right, Bayonetta is now the worst addition.
>>
>>320510583
Lucina is more of a protag then Robin, the protags of Awakening are Chrom and Lucina.
>>
>>320519456
She's not a protag just because her base class is Lord.
>>
>>320519661
FE Awakening protags
1. Chrom
2. Lucina
3. Robin
In that order.
>>
He never was and only dipshit memers thought he was
>>
File: 1445153443167.jpg (50 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1445153443167.jpg
50 KB, 500x667
He is still the worst addition
Literally nobody wanted him in other than Sakurai himself
Don't get me wrong. I love extra little characters added in to make the roster larger, but goddamn Dark Pit has got to be the least played and least interesting character in all of smash brothers. I see more Mii fighters online than him
>>
>>320520352
Nah, worst addition will always be a character who took actual real dev time than a last minute costume-made-real because his animations wouldn't fit.
>>
Dark pit is the worst addition along side Roy
>>
I actually liked Dark Pit better than regular Pit because hit attacks are stronger (albeit only slightly) and it forces you not to rely on Arrow spam because DP's is so slow in comparison

I can still understand why people hate Dark Pit, though.
>>
>>320521917

His attacks are literally identical.

The only difference is the final smash, the electro arm, and his arrows being less guidable but deal 2% more damage.

He is an embarrassment
>>
>>320522361
How can they be figuratively identical?
>>
>>320522361
He works better at KOing with his side B than pit, but pit can do a better job gimping, but when everyone has great recovery in the game it doesn't matter
>>
>>320522361
Didn't say they weren't identical, senpai. Thanks for putting words into my mouth.

I was referring to the fact that they deal slightly more knockback and damage percent. I always prefer brawler character compared to range/shooter characters in fightan vidya.
>>
>>320522686

that is wrong. Pit's side be kills earlier because it sends them straight up. Dark pit's side b has the worst knockback angle you'd ever want for a ko move
>>
>>320522586
Dark pit is clearly a metaphor
>>
>>320522773

HIS ATTACKS DONT

IT IS ONLY THE ARROWS
>>
>>320510147
He's pretty bad, but it's silly to complain about him since he's a zero effort character. Every DLC character could have been another character they could have done. Why did Dark Pit get all the hate anyway when Lucina is literally Marth with different hitboxes and less damage?
>>
>>320521917
>It took until 2 days ago for Dark Pit to get a kill move
>>
>>320522923
>Straight up
What is DI, that'll only work on light characters or people who can't DI. Dark Pits can KO at the edge of the stage and can be used to KO characters trying to get back on stage. His works better on heavier characters too and light characters.
>>
>>320522773
>I was referring to the fact that they deal slightly more knockback and damage percent.
His A button attacks are all the same, only his specials (side and neutral) are different.

>>320523129
and yet they still haven't fixed his pummel animation
>>
>>320510147
See, while Dark Pit was never one of my optimal choices for who to be in Smash 4, I never outright hated him anyway, because: a) I saw it coming from a mile away due to Sakurai's personal bias, and b) he was a last minute clone character anyway, that they only added because they just had just enough free time to design him and they already had a base to work from anyway.

With those things in mind, I was at peace with Dark Pit being in the game.

Kinda irks me that they chose to put him in the game over, say, rehauling Samus, or further decloning Ganondorf, but it is what it is. I genuinely saw it coming. It only made sense and I can't believe so many people were angry.

I was angrier over characters that no one ever really asked for, like Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and fucking Corrin. Corrin of all just fucking pisses me off. You mean to tell me you're going to end things on THAT note? ANOTHER fucking FE character whose game is yet to come out? Essentially just an advertisement to that game? A character no one has any real attachment to yet? Fucking seriously?

Good thing we have Cloud and Bayonetta so it's not completely awful. Less so Cloud, b/c HIS inclusion now means that literally anyone can get in.
>>
>>320523098
At least Lucina has a different model. Dark pit is a literal pallet swap with barely any different gameplay changes.
>>
Don't know if DP or Lucy was worse.
>>
File: Shulk.png (128 KB, 250x401) Image search: [Google]
Shulk.png
128 KB, 250x401
The best New addition to the Roster
Prove me wrong
>>
>>320522923
It was significantly fixed in the patch that just came with Cloud

>>320523329
>Dark pit is a literal pallet swap
Are we sure he's not a metaphorical one?
>>
>>320523329
So even though she has more work put into her she still plays just as lazy as DP, just fucking great
>>
>>320523430
Corrin has better range and a better counter
>>
>>320523430
I can't because you're right
>>
>>320523445
You could say Dark Pit is like a pallet swap
>>
>>320510147
To me the worst addition was and still is, Dr Mario.
>>
>>320523430
i wish he stole some of Corrin's range
>>
>>320524007
>Corrin's side-Smash has ridiculous range, is incredibly fast, and has practically no recovery frames
That shit can't be balanced.
>>
>>320523903
Dr Mario is by far the least "cloney" of the three clone characters, the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>320519456
Lucina straight up stops talking after your dialog option with her. A protagonist probably shouldn't be totally unnecessary for the latter half of the game.
>>
>>320511353
>But nobody likes Alph
Alph is harmless enough. He's not as good a character as Olimar, but I don't see how he's offensive enough for people to hate him.
>>
>>320510583
Weren't Marth and Roy also literal whos when melee was released?
>>
>>320519835
The entire last half of the plot is centered around Robin. He's the main character.
>>
>>320522773
>I was referring to the fact that they deal slightly more knockback and damage percent
Dark Pit's attacks are identical to Pit's in every single way, including under-the-hood statistics. The sole difference is their specials.
>>
>>320510147

Only Rosalina and the FE shitters are worse
>>
>>320524771
Wow, I didn't know that. Guess he is complete trash after all.
>>
>>320510147
I wish Dark Pit was DLC
I would not buy him, like I wont buy Corrin
>>
He never was, since he's just a last minute clone character.

Kirby was the worst addition, since he was in the first game instead of a better character, all because Nintendo had to sell copies of Kirby Super Star.
>>
>>320524495
Yes, FE didn't have a single game in the west when Melee was released.
>>
The worst character will always be Rosalina
>>
>>320525049
Not last minute because he was shown in the palutena trailer several months before release
>>
>>320525217
By that logic, Duck Hunt was the very last character added to the game.
>>
>>320523257
Pit's side b wasn't very DIable, it was undeniably better pre-patch.

Dark Pit's is better now though, it's busted as fuck.
>>
He's so bad, he makes fucking Luigi in 64 look like a good choice

AKA Luigi before he actually became unique
>>
Dark Pit is a joke in his own game.

The only other addition I'm iffy about is Lucina because she could've been an alt costume instead of a character slot. Maybe some move diversity would be nice instead of just a sweet-spot remover.
>>
>>320510250
Please, do some brain training games. Maybe take an English Composition class?
>>
>>320525316
Not at all but at least you tried
>>
>>320519456
Reminder that Lucina had to go crying back in time to daddy cause she wasn't man enough to stop the dragon.
>>
>>320525531
Pretty sure it was literally impossible to beat Grima in their timeline because parts of the Fire Emblem were destroyed.
>>
Of course he is, he doesn't do anything better than Regular Pit.

At least Doc has an even better Up Smash, Lucina's attacks aren't hindered by needing a sweet spot.
>>
You niggers are retarded.
Dark Pit's F-Tilt, Side B and Neutral B are the only things different than Pit's.
And his F-tilt is strictly worse than Pit's.
>>
Should have just been an alt along with Lucina.
>>
He's the most clone out of all the clones and still the worst
Lucina removed tipping, and she's a descendant of Marth
Dr. Mario is slower, but more powerful and can't jump as high
Roy is to marth as Luigi is to Mario
same with Falco
Dark Pit is a literal clone of Pit both lorewise and gameplay wise
>>
>>320525898
His ftilt can combo into itself so there's something and dark pit has a longer perfect pivot
>>
>>320525665
Are we how many literal parts of the fire emblem were destroyed?

Also still doesnt change the fact she couldnt stop grima. Tiki and naga still existed so they could have easily made a new fire emblem but she instead elected to go back in time.
>>
File: main.png (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
main.png
74 KB, 400x400
>>320523430
easy
>>
>>320510147
I liked that he was in
I just don't understand why people are upset about the clones. they are neat extras and are better than just alt costumes
>>
>>320527832
>"look at me, I'm gay!"
>>
>>320529183
Why are you quoting yourself?
>>
>>320529183
What is your problem?
>>
>>320529421
>>320529610
He's right. The guy was being a faggot. Also, lurk more you newfag.
>>
>>320510147

Samus is worse than Dark Pit

Dark Samus is probably the shittiest vidya character ever made
>>
>>320524243
It's probably really weak outside the tip. Like Sheik D-Smash weak.
Won't matter in a FFA though, you can just spam that shit from a safe spot all day, it's going to get SOMEONE.
>>
I was excited for all the cool other Uprising weapons they would get to show off with another character.
Also his name should have officially been "Pittoo"
>>
>>320533526
>Corrin's going to be top-tier in addition to being a character no one really wanted
Fuck me...
>>
How is he not? Cloud and Bayo are great additions, and Dragon Boy looks like the most unique FE character.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.