[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 320x376) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 320x376
Well, /v/?
>>
No, who cares.
>>
Where is the I already played it option?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91 KB, 790x604) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91 KB, 790x604
This is pretty encouraging.
>>
>>320500808

>4,600 people were THAT butthurt about an online poll
>>
>>320500884
I think a lot of factors were at work to skew the results. I don't think it represents a real opinion amongst the amount of voters.

Unless more Undertale content is in the pipeline this isn't going to become a classic.

Everything is popular for 15 minutes nowadays because of social media. Lasting power comes from more content.

FNAF is nearly dead and it had multiple iterations and is getting a book.
>>
>>320500884
spite is a broad word for hate. and you just need to be around autists to know how to spite something to hell.
>>
>>320500884
I do the same thing when this place brigades about shit. I'm just so sick of fucking hearing about it at this point.
>>
>>320498646
There is no "I pirated it after the contest." option.

It's a good game, not best game ever, not game of the year or even game of the month. But it has charm and it's fun.
>>
>>320498646
Shitty meme game
>>
>>320498646
No, the cancerous fanbase of Undertale, which is basically just the furry fanbase, actively drives anyone away from the game. Not to it.
>>
>>320502023
Maybe they're trying to protect the thing they like?

Is that wrong?
>>
>>320502328
>protect the thing they like

you are the kind of guy that gets upset when someone likes something you like because you want to be so unique and a snowflake that only likes this

start off by killing yourself
>>
>>320502421
>you are the kind of guy that gets upset when someone likes something you like
I'm not, I haven't even played undertale.

I'm just saying that could be their strategy.
>>
>>320502467
that doesn't make sense
if you like something, you WANT more people to experience it and you want it to be succesful
>>
>>320502570
Not everybody does. I've seen people who want to keep stuff for themselves/a niche audience.

Sometimes even creators don't want a large audience. Kirk Cobain is an example. I'm sure I could find a video game example if I dug around.
>>
>>320502636
kill yourself autist
>>
>>320498646
>before contest
>gamefags

>during contest
>gamefags

>after contest
>gamefags
>>
>>320498646
>that question

This poll was a marketing thing, wasn't it?
>>
>>320500272
That's what I thought.
>>
File: latest.png (94 KB, 298x329) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
94 KB, 298x329
>>320502756
It's an ad.
>>
>>320500884
the game is fucking boring anon.

like I said if I wanna play Earthbound I'll just play Earthbound.
>>
>>320502636
youre an idiot anon,you remind me of a person I considered a good friend until he claimed I mirrored him by wanting to buy a ps3. I also told him to kill himself.
>>
>>320498646

No, and I refuse to ever buy it purely out of spite with its fanbase and memesters
>>
>>320503128
Is there something you don't understand about the fact I'm speculating on other people's behavior?
>>
>>320498646
No i don't buy modern games with pixel graphics. It's lazy. I would go back and play an old favorite before giving someone money for half-assing a game.
>>
Not really. It looks like the sort of game you would play when you are bored shitless to be honest.
>>
File: 0BOsr.jpg (438 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
0BOsr.jpg
438 KB, 2592x1944
>>320502752
/thread
>>
>>320500808
Kek.

Gamefaqs is literally /v/-lite. A bunch of angry manchildren that hate new indie games but constantly circlejerk over the same 4 classics.
>>
>>320503037
But then you're with the ~5000 that chose the more sensible "No" option.
>>
>>320498646
I did buy it, and I got a refund thirty minutes in. I hate puzzles and I hate bullet hell. The soundtrack is alright though. I'd buy that.
>>
Undertale is legitimately a great game, only tards that thought the game was over after beating omega flowey say otherwise.
>>
File: v in a nutshell.png (47 KB, 1024x1018) Image search: [Google]
v in a nutshell.png
47 KB, 1024x1018
>>320500884
>>
>>320503809

I don't really remember any actual puzzles, but I'll give you the bullet hell part.
>>
>>320503631
I like Rocket League, which is a new indie game. I don't like Undertale because it relies too much on story and character and I don't care for that kind of thing in video games.
>>
>>320503809
>bullet hell
I mean it's barely that. Maybe for people who've never played a SHMUP.
>>
>>320504109
There's nothing wrong with not liking a game. /v/'s problem is that they can't just leave it at that, they have to spends hours of their day telling everyone that they don't like the game and why they don't like it as if anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>320504261
I think any thread that actually talks about games on /v/ is fine. Including sharing criticisms.
>>
File: 1419736651898.png (31 KB, 213x214) Image search: [Google]
1419736651898.png
31 KB, 213x214
>>320503942
How mad was the newfag redditor that made this image?
>>
>>320498646
No I bought Helldivers instead
>>
>>320503942
Um are you trying to win an argument while contradicting your own picture? Just sayin
>>
Nope, I'll never considered playing it.
>>
>>320504424
Yes. Does it trigger you? Back to reddit then, I from what I've seen people there are used to safespaces.
>>
>>320504316
>criticisms
>UNDERMEME FURFAG TUMBLR SJW

Sure, friendo.
>>
>>320504541
Are you saying that if somebody else makes an shitpost about a game, that disqualifies anything critical being allowed to be said about it?
>>
>long threads of arguing about whether it would be funnier to vote for or against Undertale
>final statistics show that so few votes came from 4chan that they were ultimately insignificant
>>
>>320504541
People have made criticism but it gets blown off by the fanbase as "not valid"
>>
Undertale only one because it's what's popular right now. I bet if FNAF had been on the list and if this poll was done earlier this year, it would have won.
>>
>>320504793
>>320504953
Maybe there are legitimate criticisms but most people don't give a shit about your opinions. They're borderline blog posts. No one cares and you know I'm right.
>>
>>320501004

And a movie, unless that got canceled because FNAF's popularity dropped like a fucking rock after 4 came out except with the most autistic of autists.
>>
Daily reminder that Undertale was a good game before it was killed by Tumblr.
>>
The only thing im convinced off, it attracts a large group autists as fanbase, similar to sonic or mlp or other furshit.

Leave it in one thread pls. I see 3 on the front page every time i click /v/
>>
>>320505231
>being so autistic that fanbases actually influence your opinion of a game
>>
I think it's massively overrated, myself. It's an okay game with okay at best writing, certainly not deserving of the ridiculous amounts of praise and obsession people slather all over it.

I feel like it's only as popular as it is because of tumblrtards and furries.
>>
what the fuck are these options

you either have to say
>a poll on the internet made me interested in it
or
>i would never ever play a game like this and i hate all of you

where's the "yes but/no because I don't make my video game purchases based on gamefaqs polls"
>>
>>320504842
>votes can determine if somebody is from 4chan

Oh undertale babbies, u so funnieh
>>
>demo comes out years ago
>everyone loves it

>game gets released
>other people start playing
>game becomes reviled

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>320498646
I bought it because of the contest, and I'm glad I did. It's the Citizen Kane of video games, it should be required playing for anyone who considers themselves a gamer.
>>
>>320505093
>people don't give a shit about your opinions
If anybody responds they do.
>>
>>320498646
>>320500808
Where is the "I already played Undertale before this advanced form of advertisement came about" option?
>>
Where's the "I pirated it and beat it already" option
>>
>>320498646
So a couple of weeks and several bots using VPNs and volatile IPs stuffing the ballot were used up just for gamefaqs to ask people if they're gonna buy Undertale.
>>
>>320505478
This is exactly what happened with Papers, Please.
>>
>>320505938
I don't really see the motivation for gamefaqs to have planned this as a marketing campaign, Toby Fox was already a millionaire before the contest started.
>>
the shit they are trying its so clear i wonder how anyone gives a fuck of that website
>>
>>320505938
Well they probably had to scrap whatever they planned for oot and realized undertale came out just a few months ago and threw this up instead
They wouldn't do this for oot, nobody's going to play it in this day and age if they haven't already
>>
>>320505434
Gamefaqs clearly bases the answers off of modern video game RPG "choices".
>>
>>320501219
> goes to a Video Game board
> gets angry when people talk about games they like

Why even bother lad?
>>
>>320505473
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/73000224
>>
File: 1384615033294.jpg (57 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1384615033294.jpg
57 KB, 400x600
>>320505478
>small amount of people know about a game
>fewer opinions on it

>more people learn about a game
>more opinions on it

IT
JUST
KEEPS
HAPPENING
>>
>>320502752
/thread
>>
>>320505335
I find that using the filter had greatly improved my /v/ experience.
>>
>>320502756
>Toby claims to not have shilled UT
>he's shilling UT
>>
>>320503809
Funny that it's neither a puzzle game nor a bullet hell, the gameplay is more like a VN
>>
>>320498646
>Goy option
>Shill option
>Sensible option 1
>Sensible option 2
>I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE MY FAVORITE GAME option
>>
Not really. I played a bit of it but the humour and writing was lost on me, I fucking hate that kind of "quirky" writing. Reminded me of homestuck even though they arent in the same vein
>>
>>320506101
>>320505938
Well you have to think about it with the past in mind.
Every time they had this poll it's always been FF7 and OoT at the top, it becomes predictable and uninteresting after a while and the outside traffic of people coming in to vote on it begins to lessen.
What they did wasn't necessarily a marketing campaign for Undertale, that was just a side effect, it was to generate a "controversial" Game of All Time that would cause the internet to come pouring into Gamefaqs by the ten thousands, renewing traffic on the site and keeping it alive for a good time longer. The next time Gamefaqs pulls this again you can bet that Undertale won't win because by the time it happens that game will have been largely forgotten by the masses, just as Cave Story, Bastion, Super Meat Boy, Five Nights at Freddy's, and the like all have. Such is the fate of all indie games.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6274472
>>
>>320506585
>furfag tumblr SJW meme game
>opinions
I don't mind criticisms but the dismissive shitposting is ridiculous
>>
>>320507128
>this is unique to this game

Much like everything being praised in Undertale, you're mistaken.
>>
>>320507260
I never said it was unique to this game you strawman, it's just out of control. Now the only people who make threads for the game are shitposters shitposting other shitposters
>>
Undertale shouldn't he been on the poll. The game is fairly recent and hasn't had time to have the dust settle. Of course a bunch will put undertale as the best since no other game is as fresh.
>>
>>320500808
>only 21.8% of people on gamefaqs has actually played the game
>somehow it won game of the year

Are the Jews behind this?
>>
>>320506980
>largely forgotten

That makes me sad. Games - good games - shouldn't be products to be used up and forgotten. It should be our duty to preserve the memory of the best games, so they can be passed onto future generations.
>>
>>320507538
>it's just out of control
Is that supposed to be unique to this then?

>Now the only people who make threads for the game are shitposters shitposting other shitposters
This doesn't happen for every game, but you haven't been around much if you think this is a totally Undertale related phenomenon.

The problem I think is that this game appeals to a niche audience and most other people don't like it. When people in the former camp make fanboy threads they get shit on.

It's like the whole

>She shouldn't have worn that

argument. Sure, people shouldn't sexually assault a random woman, but you are dumb if you flaunt yourself in a bad area. Same thing happening here.

Don't make it easy for shitposters to target you.
>>
>>320506538

>and we all know that the actual Best. Game. Ever. is Final Fantasy IV

I like this guy's style
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.