[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
What went wrong?
>>
>>320483659

Nothing you gunt
>>
>>320483659
Shitty writing. The rest was cool.
>>
Nothing worth noting, it was surprisingly good.
>>
Nothing it was a fantastic game and you're just a jaded faggot.
>>
>>320483659
Worst final boss ever.
>>
Nothing.

My only complaint is that the game pretty much railroaded you into a non-lethal stealth approach. Doing a non-lethal run should've been harder.
>>
>>320483659
Two cut city hubs
>>
>>320483659
Bosses, the ending, no swimming
>>
>>320483956
Pretty much this. Otherwise it's a very solid game that's well worth playing atleast twice for the Pacifist and Murder McKillfist runs.
>>
>>320483912
>Two
Wat? I've heard about Toronto but what was supposed to be the other one?
>>
eating candy bars to recharge melee attacks
barely any ammo and you can't buy more
dated graphics
>>
>>320484170
Montreal (not Toronto) and Upper Hengsha. There was also a discussion of adding an indian city hub early, but it never made past planning states.
>>
Nothing, aside from the shit-tier outsourced boss fights. You need to take the fucking Typhoon every time just for a "skip this shitty boss fight" button. Its levels aren't quite as open/freeform in terms of how you can approach them as the original Deus Ex either, but they're still good.

Overall it's a fucking fantastic game, and I have high hopes for Mankind Divided, especially now that they dropped the full-retard Augment Your Preorder garbage. Hopefully they don't fuck it up and it's at least as good as HR.
>>
>>320484267
>needing to buy ammo
Nigga there's plenty of ammo around.

>>320483659
And pretty much nothing, it's a great game. Boss fights could have been better and the ending could too but otherwise it was a really fun experience.
>>
>>320484402
My main concern about MD from what we've seen so far is that it may be too combat-focused compared to HR.
>>
>>320484504
no there isn't
>>
Energy Cells
>>
Piss filter.
Cover system.
CQC replaced with press-e-to-kill-everybody.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>320483912
>>320484170
>>320484353
I thought this game was awesome. Then I turned on the commentary track and now I am too sad to play it again because all I can do is think about the game that it wasn't.
>>
Nothing. I like it as much as the first one.
>>
The boss fights were shit and forced you to abandon the tactics you use the rest of the game
Not enough hubs
Using the auto non lethal takedown button has no downsides over the auto lethal takedown button
The designs make no sense considering Deus Ex takes place years after this
Not enough of those speech things
They focused on the wrong this writing wise. Deus Ex' central theme was government and HR doesn't do enough with that.
>>
>>320484506

From what I've heard about the demo they've had at shows, it's not as ridiculously combat-focused as they seem to be making it out to be. They're just showing a lot of combat shit because it's flashy and appeals to casuals. Which, to be fair, they also did for Human Revolution. Everyone thought that game was going to be shit because of the combat focus of everything they showed, until we all played the leak.

We'll see when it comes out. I'm not preordering/buying immediately because I don't entirely trust them not to fuck it up, but I am still hopeful.
>>
>>320484862
>Piss filter

love this meme
>>
>>320484941
Oh, the whole ending thing starting with Pancea wat retarded as fuck too. It's never explained what they're actually doing there, someone you barely know suddenly goes apeshit for no reason and you the push button to ending was also retarded as hell
>>
>Level design outside the hubs
>Number of hubs
>Boss fights
>Ending
>All the little effects of consolization, e.g. Takedowns, all the annoying switches to rigid 3rd person animations

Still a pretty good game, just not as good as the original.
>>
Didn't have as much memorable about it as the original.
Course that could be because I've played the original several more times
>>
>>320483659
Consoles.
>>
>>320484267
>>320484605
I don't know what you do when you play but I usually have maxed out ammo on all weapons I carry by the time I reach Panchaea.

Maybe you just need to gitgud
>>
>>320485072
It is explained in a clear and plain fashion what Panchaea does.

Darrow's motivations are also pretty clear. He got sick of the Illuminati and tried to stop them from controlling augmented people.
>>
>>320484605
You're just shit at the game mate. I played like a normie stealth'd easy areas then shot shit up when I got noticed and had no trouble with ammo.Only problem I ever ran into was trying to fit everything in my inventory.
>>
>>320485676
>He got sick of the Illuminati and tried to stop them from controlling augmented people.

Also mixed in with his fear of being left behind
>>
>>320485721
This, I came across so much goddamn ammo in the game that I got frustrated trying to organize everything in my inventory to maximize space
>>
dislike movie takedowns.

Apart from that it was pretty good. Not as good as 1 obviously.

Never got the complaints about bosses. Put a point in typhoon and mash q.
>>
replayed it recently, the talkiness of the grunts bugged the shit out of me.
they're trying to worldbuild by having these guards drop exposition and shit. but they're often saying some edgy dumb shit, and they've got a pool of like 3 actors.
couldn't really get immersed at all, and quite frankly I can't believe I cared to read e-mails, e-books and listen to dialog when the game first came out.
>>
Also, to anyone complaining about the boss fights, I've just finished the Director's Cut and they've added a non-combat option to each one.

You can take control of a few turrets against Barrett and gas Fedorova, for example.
>>
File: merrydeusxmas.png (27 KB, 144x122) Image search: [Google]
merrydeusxmas.png
27 KB, 144x122
>>320484897
wow i didn't know about commentary thanks boss ill try that out!

its ok even though they pushed back the release date for mandkind divided they really want extra stuff and i want to trust them very badly and i am hopeful they will deliver
>>
Reddit liked it
>>
>>320485830
To be fair, if you tried to kill everyone in a frontal firefight you'd probably run out of ammo pretty fast.

My inventory was always near full because I barely ever used weapons, I just collected and upgraded them like a good little autist.
>>
File: deusexcard.jpg (44 KB, 935x561) Image search: [Google]
deusexcard.jpg
44 KB, 935x561
Deus Ex Mankind Divided was pushed back to July 2016 because they want to get it right

i am surprisingly ok with this
>>
>>
>>320485830
lately I've been caring less and less about this kind of shit. one stack of ammo will do me just fine, unless it's a primary weapon.

it was pretty relaxing to replay it while not giving too much of a fuck for pacifism.
>>
>>320483713
this
>>
>>320487454
Again, I do not recommend it. The bland forgettable corridors of the last base before rocket to final boss were supposed to be as finely detailed as the deepest room of the undersea research lab.
>>
>>320488038
How do you mean? The underwater lab from the original game?
>>
>>320483659

it wasn't asked for
>>
>>320488169
Under the prison camp. I guess it was in DLC? I played it on the WiiU so it was all integrated.
>>
You can't murder Megan.
>>
File: Dxhrml_seafloorlab.jpg (180 KB, 1665x1016) Image search: [Google]
Dxhrml_seafloorlab.jpg
180 KB, 1665x1016
>>320488169
>>320488321
it's a part of a DLC, integrated into Director's Cut.

Speaking of which, Missing Link was a top notch DLC. Right there with Minerva's Den as one of the few that really expand the world and are fully worth their money.
>>
>>320487902
I completely fucked up the pacifism thing and I didn't even realise until near the end I think
>do a punch through a wall takedown
>snap a fuckers neck
>wait a minute that's not non-lethal
>think back to the first time I got the upgrade and tested it out
>just punched through the wall and knocked out whoever was on the other side
>reload and try and get a different knock out
>stab the guy in the neck this time
>look it up
>there's no non-lethal takedown through a wall
I need to play through it again, but that really pissed me off to no end.
>>
File: 1450339009003.jpg (45 KB, 261x331) Image search: [Google]
1450339009003.jpg
45 KB, 261x331
>>320488331
lol
>>
File: 1339001376146.png (307 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1339001376146.png
307 KB, 848x480
>going to Adam's apartment for the first time
>that music
>that atmosphere
>that secret behind the tv screen
>that broken mirror
>>
>>320488661
>that affection for kid's cereal
based Adam
>>
>>320488494

I remember doing a nonlethal run and then 3/4ths of the way through I realize the few times I threw gas cans at enemies were actually deadly.

I mean, come on, the gas grenades are nonlethal but gas cans are lethal? Such a shamwow.
>>
>>320488845
gas cans?
>>
Its the most solid rpg I've played in recent times. I loved the writing, all the little details in every area were fantastic. There's so much little shit that you can easily miss.
Few problems that I never liked though
-candy bars holy shit, power was always an issue and on so many levels you would never have enough of them ever
>the difference between kill or incap is just holding the button longer
>typhooning all three 'bosses' which weren't fun because you didn't get to talk to them when some of the best fun in the game was the in depth conversations
>the fucking push button ending instead of decisions adding up to a certain ending
>>
>>320483659
Literally "push button to pick your ending" ending.
Also your decisions and actions didn't really matter, unlike the previous Deus Ex where you could miss entire sections of the game just by doing stuff a certain way.
>>
One thing I'd rework is the radar.
I didn't even realize how dependent I was on it until I re-installed Deus Ex.

I don't know, maybe it should only work with tagged enemies or it should be dependent on smart vision, add a 2 sec lag to it, anything, just don't leave it as it was. Knowing exactly where the guards are all the time ruins stealth a little.
>>
>>320483659
I enjoyed it a lot, but I thought there weren't enough side missions. Then again I haven't got around to playing the original yet
>>
>>320489336
>the fucking push button ending instead of decisions adding up to a certain ending
I never got this complaint. Literally the first game was like this as well.

What else did you expect here?
>>
Probably the most unrefined and clunky combat I've ever experienced in a video game
>>
>>320483659
The idea that deus ex was about kewl tekh and not conspirancies.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.