[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me not be retarded at dark souls /v/. I'm at 50 strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1449957353868.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1449957353868.png
209 KB, 510x346
Help me not be retarded at dark souls /v/. I'm at 50 strength and this is my first time playing.
Using a +5 axe (the one from gaping dragon) and havel armor. Whats a better weapon? I have a shitload of upgrade materials but I don't know what is even worth upgrading that would be better.
If it matters, I'm just past O+S.
>>
>>320476313
Upgrade your weapon waifu.
>>
Almost any weapon can be used to finish the game. If you have a lot of upgrade materials though, try playing around with other movesets for strength scaling weapons, see if they appeal to you. Or try some of the other upgrade trees.
>>
Get the Dragon Tooth and become Havel.
>>
Most weapons are fine with a few exceptions, just upgrade whatever you like using. Admittedly that particular weapon isn't very good, as it's a Dragon Weapon so it doesn't scale with that huge amount of Strength.

If you want to stick with greataxes you'd be better off with the plain old Greataxe, or the Black Knight Greataxe if you can manage to get your hands on one. Alternatively if you just want a really stronk Strength weapon, the Great Club is a good option. Or the Dragon's Tooth. Or the Zweihander. Or the Claymore. Whatever floats your boat.

Also if you have 50 Strength already by that point in the game you've probably seriously neglected Endurance, which is basically the most important stat until it hits 40 or so. Upgrade that shit. You want as much Stamina as you can get. On a related note, you're wearing crazy heavy equipment and most likely fat-rolling. Don't do this. Havel's is great but it's not worth almost completely sacrificing your ability to evade. Wear something lighter unless you have a high enough equip load to wear it while staying under 50%.
>>
my pleb brother beat the game by spamming the gaping dragon axe AoE attack.

>50 str
get yourself a demon greataxe it has A scaling
>>
>>320476313
Demon Greataxe.
>>
>>320477090

do what this man says
>>
>>320477261
It gets S at +10. I think it's the only weapon with S scaling in str in the game.
And it does the most damage in one hit, sans enchants and special attacks.
>>
Probably can't get a demon greataxe because i fucked up and said no to the forest covenent cat. Unless i get lucky and find a taurus demon that drops one but theres only a few left I think.

So dragon tooth, zwiehander, or claymore?
If I got zwiehander which route should I take with it?
>>
+10 raw zweihander

Kill solaire to get armour and shield of the sun.

Steamroll.
>>
>>320478050
If you piss off an NPC you can pay Oswald (the guy on top of the church) and he'll make them forgive you. The price is fixed and based on your level.
Unless of course you killed an NPC. You can't bring those back from the dead.
>>
well strength caps at 40, everything after that doesn't give you any more damage, it just lets you wield huge shit. Havels armor is good but you're always gonna be fatrolling, and in dark souls the best defense is not getting hit at all.
>>
>>320478294
False. 40 is just the softcap. You just get diminished returns from going overboard.
You need 50 to handle some of the heaviest weapons with 1 hand though. Also I think Havel's shield needed 50 str as well.
>>
>>320478393
yes but the difference between 40 str and 99 str is like 10 damage or something.
>>
>>320478050

Normal +15, no matter what you go for. Basically any physical character is going to go for Normal +15. Raw is pretty much universally shit and the elemental paths do good damage for lower stat investment but sacrifice scaling and suffer from split damage, so with your huge amount of Strength you won't want to use them.

You can't actually miss the Demon Greataxe if you want that one though. There's a group of them that respawns in the beginning of the Demon Ruins after you beat Ceaseless Discharge, you can just farm them.
>>
>>320478393
Yeah, I just went to 50 to one hand shit and use havels. I heard it makes the four kings fight much easier.

>>320478482
They don't respawn. I accidentley rolled off a cliff while I was trying to fight them, and 5 jump after me and die, and they haven't come back. Good to know about normal though, so it'll scale with my strength if I leave it like that?
>>
Another Dark Souls scrub here.

> I killed the Undead Burg Boss
> Tried to progress but the dragon (which the intro said were extinct...?) one-shot me.
> Spooky Scary Skeletons in graveyard are too tough, and the catacombs wrecked my shit as well.
> New Londo Ruins was going great until ghosts appeared which were impossible to kill, but I found the Blacksmith to upgrade my weapon.

Where the fuck do I go? The only places I havnt explored are the door the guy who dropped Havels Ring was guarding and Drake Valley.

An NPC said something about a fire-keeper-something, will that let me bypass the dragon's flames?
>>
>>320478794
4 kings aren't really that hard on NG, unlike on consequent NG+ playthroughs.
Also, you don't really need high str to wear armor, you need endurance for that.
Shitters who suggest "using Havel" for 4 kings, don't block them with the Havel's shield. They just trade attacks with the boss in full armor, basically facetanking.
>>
>>320478936
>(which the intro said were extinct...?)
Count the number of limbs.
Anyway, you're on the right track with bypassing the flames, but the answer is a lot simpler than what you said.
>>
>>320478936
The dragon is your friend. He meant to roast the hollows guarding the bridge and help you pass. You got hit accidentally.
>>
>>320478794
So one top for 4kings that I don't hear very often: use the moonlight butterfly soul to make the ring shield (or whatever it's called) which can tank their unblockable, undodgeable projectile attack fairly well. Just be hyper-aggressive, keep stabbing at the air for a little bit after they go down. And I'm almost completely certain there are respawning taurus demons in the demon ruins.
>>
>>320478936
Use a transient curse to damage the ghosts but you don't need to do it until you've rang both bells. If you chose master key then you can skip the depths and blighttown if not you need to fight capra demon in the lower undead burg to access the toughest part of the game. Take a couple of purging stones with you just incase you get cursed. Farm plenty of humanity off the rays in the depths as it'll be a lot easier to beat que'laag with a summon.
>>
>>320479694
The grass crest is good enough to block that. And after you get in melee range they shouldn't really use the homing magic missile.
There's a couple of taurus demons before the firesage.
>>
>>320479694
>So one top for 4kings that I don't hear very often: use the moonlight butterfly soul to make the ring shield (or whatever it's called) which can tank their unblockable, undodgeable projectile attack fairly well. Just be hyper-aggressive, keep stabbing at the air for a little bit after they go down. And I'm almost completely certain there are respawning taurus demons in the demon ruins.
Yeah let me try the demon ruins, I haven't gone in past the lava fields yet.
>>
>>320478936
Go back to the dragon (it's actually a drake). Then try exploring a bit more.
>>
>havel armor
either upgrade your endurance and get fapring and havels ring or drop that shit for lighter armor and get fastroll or at least midroll
>>
>>320481649
I have midroll I think, I have both of those rings already!
Also there WERE respawning demons in the ruins, just got the demon greatsword. Thanks /v/.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.