[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or is Cloud a little too powerful? >Fantastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: smash-bros-cloud[1].jpg (41 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
smash-bros-cloud[1].jpg
41 KB, 620x349
Is it just me, or is Cloud a little too powerful?
>Fantastic edge guarding game
>Three meteor strikes
>Limit break moves OP
>Even if knocked off stage, Limit break recovery is guaranteed a success.
I've been playing him a lot since the update and I've been getting some salty remarks about him. What are the best options against Cloud?
>>
>>320459827
He's like Little Mac with an air game and a sword.
Once he's offstage, just gimp him once and he's good as done.

But I'd be a liar if I said he wasn't fun as fuck.
>>
>>320459827
>edge guarding
>with Cloud
>>
>>320460515
Yeah, neutral B and air side B and fair and bair and...
He's good, anon. Really good. People just suck at the neutral game and don't know how to handle him right, so you just play Mario and gimp with FLUDD and bam, salty babies.
>>
His recovery without limit break is absolute shit, it doesn't even sweetspot the ledge. Even Little Mac at least has a horizontal mixup.
>>
>>320459827
Like the other anon said, he's Little Mac with a sword and aerials.
His recovery sucks ass.
>>
>>320460660
>edge guarding
>with Cloud
Seriously, anon, it's not worth the risk unless you have a Limit Break in which case, yes Nair is very effective at edge guarding but it's not worth the cost of a limit of you don't get the KO
>>
He's pretty fun too.
I did 9.0 classic with him without customs and beat it first time trying
>>
As an Ike player, I feel completely replaced. Outside of specials it's like he can do everything I can but faster.
>>
>>320461247
Ike still kills more reliably since he doesn't rely on limits. Cloud struggles at securing them at high percents.
>>
>>320461247
Wrong. Ike has better aerials, actual horizontal recovery, and a better jab
>>
>>320461247
Ike's recovery is better and he's a lot heavier. His up smash and bair are so much better too.

Cloud feels like he gets knocked away at lower percentages too.
>>
>>320461247
Ike has a much better recovery as well as better killing moves. You're still relevant, bro. Don't let it get to you.
>>
I got my shit pushed in by cloud a few times before I caved and bought him. He's fucking high tier as shit, slapping niggas around in the air like it's nothing
>>
>>320459827
>tfw Cloud is too slow for you

I prefer more speedy characters. dudes fun, but I can't rock with this man.
>>
ive played with Cloud for a while and i think i have a good grasp of his play style.
saying he is little mac with a sword doesnt quite grasp it, though it is very true.
Cloud is an interesting character. his moves are easy to land, and are usually quite fast. He has possibly one of the best projectiles in the game.
The only real glaring flaws is that his recovery is shitty (only slightly better than Dr. Mario, and Little Mac. Possibly the third worst recovery in the game.) and the simple fact that he cant kill.
From what ive observed, Cloud can only kill with a limit break, spiking/edge guarding, or a fully charged smash on a very damaged opponent.
Even his smashes have shit tier knockback.
Clouds entire lack of knockback is what makes him very interesting.
He has all the tools at his disposal to dominate a game, and yet nothing to finish the job unless he has a limit break or something special happens.

I fear cloud may be too predictable for higher tiers, but he is great at controlling a field. I had a ton of fun ripping people to shreds in team matches and then having my team mate finish the job. Or inversely having my teammate do the work while i charge a limit break.
>>
>>320461247
>Counter
>the pain that is Aether
>Side B
>Heavy damage on a Medium character

Nah, man, Ike is still the free for all go-to.
>>
>>320460515
Yes. It's called being good. Shitters like you wouldn't get it.
>>
>>320461701
>smashes have shit-tier knockback
Forward and down smashes are incredible kill moves dude. Fsmash isn't the best option, but it KOs before 100% and is used to catch spot dodges and sort of space with him. Dsmash has an amazing angle it sends people at.
>>
>>320461796
>>320461796
>ike
>medium
I always though ike was heavy weight. Like in the same league as ganondorf and wario.
>>
>>320461980
from what ive seen, his forward smash is only good for racking up damage. the knockback on it is not impressive compared to other f smashes.
its great though for pinning people and awesome for spacing. faster that greased shit.
down smash ill give you. it is awesome. i just cant land it for shit. i did get schooled by it a couple of times though.
is it one of those that kills on the reverse hit like falcons?
>>
>>320460976
>with him without customs
>cloud
>without customs.
>without
>customs

You sure you weren't using clod?
>>
>>320462292
I've manage to catch a few people rolling back on stage from ledge with forward smash. They seem to kill well, but only when on the edge of the stage, including down smash.
Up Smash is mainly used for reading people using air dodge. His juggle game is crazy
>>
>>320462367
He means no equipment
>>
>>320462049
He is, you're correct. Many people don't know what they're talking about in this thread.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.