[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Kojima predict drones in 2001? That man is a prophet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: snake-cipher.jpg (90 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
snake-cipher.jpg
90 KB, 960x544
How did Kojima predict drones in 2001?

That man is a prophet.
>>
>>320446347
Drones have been under serious development since the 60s during Vietnam and the start of a particular line of UCAVs, the Predator Drone, was made in 1994 and formally introduced into service a year later, the Cypher drone, as pictured in your post, is only a few years older.
So no.
>>
>>320447018
Well chop off my dick and call me Narcissa.
>>
>>320447348
No
>>
>>320446347
ahahah oh wow
>>
>>320447348
Did he actually chop off his dick?
>>
>>320447348
Why would you do this to yourself Narcissa?
>>
File: air-hogs-sharp-shooter.jpg (18 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
air-hogs-sharp-shooter.jpg
18 KB, 468x351
nigga u a dummy
>>
>>320446347
Yeah, just like how he predicted internet censorship and the media being used to force ideas on the populace.
>>
>>320446347
lol
>>
>>320446347
Blizzard had drones way before Metal Gear did
>>
>>320446347
unlike you, Koji pro did their research
>>
>>320447686

The second one he can't really take credit for since that shit has been going on since the 1960's.
>>
File: cypher-pic2.jpg (37 KB, 394x474) Image search: [Google]
cypher-pic2.jpg
37 KB, 394x474
OP...
>>
>>320447686
>>320447018
Predicting the future prevalence of each was still pretty cool.
>>
>>320446347
Wh...are you kidding? Please be kidding. Even Star Wars predicted drones in 1980. They called them probes. Which is also what various sci fi authors called them going back to at least the 60s.

Nothing Kojima ever wrote had an ounce of originality. He blatantly stole from everyone. MGS is just babby's first sociopolitical commentary.
>>
>>320446347
drones have been around forever. first could possibly be the remote explosive tank Germany used in ww2, goliath i believe it was called
>>
>>320448149
He didn't predict anything, he just was well read on the subject, anybody can become well versed in anything by simply reading like one book on the subject, I read a few books on the history of japan and I probably know more about the history of that country than most people in the US because guess what, most people don't give a shit about that sort of thing.
>>
I bet you think the flying infantry platforms in MGS3 are scifi
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.