[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of mega Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Mega_Lopunny.png (112 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Lopunny.png
112 KB, 400x480
What do you think of mega Pokemon
>>
They Mega Suck
>>
When I found out it was just a temporary battle transformation I was really fucking disappointed
>>
>>320432041
The same way I feel about ____Han Solo dies____
>>
File: 015.jpg (410 KB, 1000x1464) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
410 KB, 1000x1464
I'm not really a fan of them, or Gen 6 in general, although Gen 6's new pokemon themselves are fine.
>>
>>320432835
that's pretty reasonable
>>
>>320432041
I stopped caring about pokemon once I turned 18.

Literally for kids.
>>
>>320432835
Source
>>
>>320432041
>game filled with power creep
>increase the power creep even further.
They ruined the game.
>>
File: 2134342133.jpg (53 KB, 400x574) Image search: [Google]
2134342133.jpg
53 KB, 400x574
>>320432937
>posts on anime site
>says anime is for kids
>>
mostly shit designs
poorly implemented

should have been a way for shitmon to gain an edge and be usable without them having to spend all the time making a proper evolution
instead they are mostly handed out to the already popular and powerful so they can become even more popular and powerful

im glad for fucker like lopunny and mawile though since that actually turned out how i would like, complete shitmon into top tier material
>>
>>320432941
Tomodachi maniac
>>
>>320432937
Same after liking pokemon has a kid while you grow and play other games pokemon is just easy and boring.
>>
I don't like how they push you even more towards using a "sweeper" strategy in single player. The games should try to force you to at least think about status moves, switching, skills etc, and not allow you to just use a monster with huge attack stats and speed to OHKO every enemy.

I hope they include difficulty settings in their next game.
>>
File: i.png (38 KB, 279x263) Image search: [Google]
i.png
38 KB, 279x263
>>320432878
I don't know, maybe I'm just burned out on Pokemon, I'm not sure if I'll ever regain interest in the main games again, but I am really hyped for Pokken.
>>
>>320433273
This is why i stopped playing pokemon its too easy and will never be harder because its meant for kids the game development is made thinking with kids has the objetive public
>>
File: 1450293726600.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
1450293726600.gif
2 MB, 540x303
>>320432041
For me, this Mega Evolution crap ruined Pokemon for me, along with a few other things, like the poor transition from 2D to 3D. Mega Evolutions are already bias as all fuck, and it's worse that they have the gall to give two Mega Evolutions to Pokemon like Charizard and Mewtwo.
It just ends up as another shitty popularity contest where the fan favorites get everything and the ones that actually deserve them get nothing, and it doesn't help that some of them are incredibly broken, Mega Rayquaza for example.
XY/ORAS are just awful in my opinion, on top of being mind-numbingly easy along with being so incredibly boring, I can't think of a lot of redeeming qualities the games had, other than a few Pokemon designs that I actually do like, one of which being Mega Ampharos, but I don't feel the implementation of Mega's were necessary, or rather, I feel they could have been done a whole lot better.
>>
>>320432937
and since when can we not enjoy something just because it's targeted primarily at kids?

being a huge fanboy or downright obsessed with it is strange, but just enjoying the games is nothing much.

kinda like how a parent can very well enjoy a movie he took his kid to see.
>>
>>320432835

I feel the same. The megas feel like their overextending with the series and they can't take it back anymore.
>>
>>320433273
they did have challenge mode in BW, maybe it just wasn't popular enough to make a comeback.
>>
>>320432041

They at least tried to change the formula a bit.

X/Y was my first return to Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire aside from the remakes of Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. It was okay I guess but it felt way easier and shorter.

I think I'm done finally.
>>
>>320434812
It wasn't popular because my copy of white 2 came with fucking EASY mode instead.
What kind of dank drugs do you need to be on to think that the player wants an even easier game after already beating it?
>>
>>320432041
Stop giving top tier mons straight upgrade megas with absurdly powerful abilities and shitmons mostly useless abilities. We don't need more things like Mega Salamence or Mega Audino.
>>
They're pretty cool. Don't lie, if it had been around since RBY everyone would think it's the coolest shit ever too.

Mega Legendaries, on the other hand, is pushing it a bit too far.
>>
>>320432041
some designs are bad or just stupid, others are fine.

as for the mechanic itself, i liked the concept and the fact that it eats up the item slot and is limited to 1 poke per fight.

plus, it succeeds at what it was supposed to, which is adding some flair to battles, particularly important battles like gym leaders, E4 the champion and such. it's meant to be cool and at the very least for their target audience, kids, it is.

it also comes with the bonus of making some pokemon that were either rather week or unlikely to be used more viable and to refresh fan favorites like gengar or charizard, which they finally made a dragon type, even if temporarily.
>>
post mega lopunny, she a lewd.
>>
>>320435890
depends on the tier of legendary we're talking about. the trios and such wouldn't be too op but boosting already powerful mon like fucking mewtwo is just going too far.

imagine a mega arceus. might as well make it shreck type cause it's all ogre.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.