[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the most fun playing as this mountain of a man but I suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 0987.jpg (167 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
0987.jpg
167 KB, 1400x1050
I have the most fun playing as this mountain of a man but I suck dicks with him, how do I git gud
>>
Master his clap combos play a solid footsie game. Unfortunately he has a bit of a harder time getting in and his size makes him vulnerable so you essentially want to play as a slowly encroaching wall.
>>
What gets you down with him?

You know your clap ladders?
>>
>>320424943
Give everyone you meet the clap
>>
>>320425403
mostly zoning. Juri and Gouken matches are just unbearable.

As for claps, I know h can go into m and so on, not much
>>
>>320425560
From what I understand it has to be rather meaty and the into medium and into light I'm sure you can get a cr. Short into a light clothesline as well.
>>
>>320425560
juri and gouki are unbearable with all the grapplers expect maybe abel and hakan.

just gotta learn to deal with them. i find juri way more annoying than gouki.
>>
>>320425560
I believe its double-tap down MK that has Hugo do a slow rising knee that passes thru fireballs. EX clothesline has infinite absorption prior to arriving at your opponent. Off course you also have inching your way forward with fadcing.

You're going to have a bad time against zoners, especially against gouken. Just try to work your way in carefully and once you are in, don't let them put distance on you.

How good are you standing 360s?
>>
>>320426005
Thought sagat was the usual counter pick for grapplers. Or is that just gief?
>>
>>320425560
Also you can extend so do a meaty H clap into m clap ex clap if you wanna burn the bar L clap cr. Jab clothesline. It's a really good punishing combo just remember to do the heavy meaty
>>
Do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTKC99ZY9A
>>
>>320426085
he is, but once you know the match sagat isn't too much trouble unless you run into one with good spacing not like you'll find that much online.
>>
>>320426010
not terrible, but not good either. That said I simply can't get a double 360 down so I stick to u2
>>
>>320424943
JUST DO IT.

Armored moves, half-screen pokes, extreme priority

Grow some balls and press your buttons. If you're losing to fireballs, you don't know how to play this game.
>>
>>320426287
You play stick or pad?
>>
>>320426287
you can buffer 720s. just use a light normal to keep you grounded.

as for 360s try and learn kara 360s if you're having trouble with the full motion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOwtuXd3yIM
>>
>>320424943
Be American. You'll master him naturally.
>>
>>320426357
pad
>>
>>320426616
So I can see it being a little bit of a hassle on pad but then again the inputs are rather lenient .
What you can do is do a hcb motion all the way to up back so the keypad notation should be {632147} you don't have to do a complete rotation and that applies for a 720 motion just do the same thing twice. The good thing also if you haven't figured it out it doesn't matter what side you're on you can always do the same motion on your left or right. I hope that helps a bit.
>>
>>320427005
it does, thanks anon
>>
>>320426176
>3:47
Why do people clap when the opponent is waking up? Is it meter gain, to buffer or just a strategy i don't know about?
>>
>>320427396
You're doing it meaty. Since the animation is already out it his the opponent later giving you time to buffer the medium clap. And into the light clap as well. I'm not sure if you do it normally if it'll give you enough time. Since I don't play hugo all like that but it seems to be the idea. Land the meaty. You're also risking getting a dp but the reward is rather high so why not take the risk right?
>>320427286

Glad I can help just try it. Usually I practice with a dash into spd. Or just try walking into spd as well. Being able to Guage the distance is the most important thing to playing a solid grappler. So remember that and good luck.
>>
>>320424943
Put your hands together if you wanna clap.
>>
>>320427396
It's a meaty, meaning the oponent can't do anything on wakeup that's not blocking or an invincible move (such as a DP). In that case, Alex did it a bit too early in order to bait a DP from Bonchan, and it paid off obviously.
>>
How do I get good with Elena without picking U2 and being a turtling faggot?
>>
>>320428089
you can do that with elena?
>>
>>320428089
Honestly there's not much else her game plan is turtling to zoning. Just controlling space you can use u1 as a fireball punish.
>>
>>320425890
>>320426162
>It has to be rather meaty
No it doesn't.
>>
is it even worth it learning a character now? we have a month and a half till sfv.
>>
>>320428556
2 days if you want to get picky, then the next beta starts, no idea how long it lasts though
>>
>>320428781
beta is for just this weekend. it gonna be great but that build is probably already old.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.